[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]

Report completed threads!

[Catalog View] :: [Archive] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 922379)
Message
File []
Embed   Help
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, MP3, MP4, PNG, SWF, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 20000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 3606 unique user posts. View catalog

File 155061975941.png - (252.33KB , 1609x902 , HeartsTitle.png )
922379 No. 922379 ID: 66629a

It's a funny thing living out on the frontier, you can get lost in so many ways, whether it be physically, mentally, looking for gold, or even just lost in the atrocity that humans can cause, you can always find a reason.

After all, many come out here, just to get lost.
Expand all images
>>
No. 922380 ID: 66629a
File 155061978153.png - (358.96KB , 2201x1570 , Hearts1.png )
922380

It's a quiet day out here, you haven't grown anything but that isn't a problem.
>>
No. 922381 ID: 66629a
File 155061986867.png - (159.35KB , 639x773 , Snakeye Splash Page.png )
922381

Your name is Snakeye... erm... hm... okay just Snakeye because you've been told you are bad at dice rolls and that your eyes remind people of snakes for some reason.

You're a automaton, a rather fancy one considering the stuff they got out east, but for now that's not a big deal. You aren't sure where you came from or what your purpose is.

For now you just wanna be left alone.
>>
No. 922382 ID: 66629a
File 155061993897.png - (55.78KB , 637x321 , Hearts2.png )
922382

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be a possibility, as you hear some noise. You could go investigate but do you?

What do you do?

It's been years but I'm back Bitches!
>>
No. 922393 ID: 1944c0

Investigate: chances are that you might get caught up in what just happened/is about to happen, and it wouldn't hurt to take some initiative on the matter.

Do it carefully though; try to get some cover in case more bullets start flying
>>
No. 922407 ID: 080aaf

First, cover up that port on your arm! I don't want to imagine the kind of trouble the dust round these parts can cause you.
Second, creep up on your fellow gun enthusiast from behind cover. Perhaps you can bond over a common exchange of bullets.
>>
No. 922427 ID: 2202fb

>>922407
meh, lets just walk up to them. I doubt a few bullets will do much to us.
>>
No. 922925 ID: ed041d
File 155097597210.png - (200.21KB , 1273x782 , Hearts3.png )
922925

You opt to go check this out, couldn't hurt. Gunshot was close by to your farmstead so it's not too far off.

And there's the trouble, seems a man is bleeding and some masked fellow has a lever action.

Bigger problem seems to be that Jonah Industries Peacemaker. The hell is one of those automatons doing out here? How'd this guy get his hands on one?
>>
No. 922936 ID: 080aaf

Wait until that mech moves on. You don't need bigger problems to handle.
>>
No. 923034 ID: 2202fb

>>922925
Looks like that guy is holding a 20mm pump grenade launcher. Watch out, that could be holding anything.
>>
No. 923560 ID: ed041d
File 155128712273.png - (37.29KB , 373x258 , Hearts4.png )
923560

You opt to sit by and wait, you have only your single action, and that man has a Automaton soldier.
>>
No. 923561 ID: ed041d
File 155128714331.png - (44.78KB , 373x258 , Hearts5.png )
923561

Unfortunately the man opts to shoot the bleeding victim in the head instead!
>>
No. 923562 ID: ed041d
File 155128717271.png - (20.18KB , 230x143 , Hearts6.png )
923562

The man is dead, and the bandit and his automaton are marching off.

You stood by and did nothing.

What do you do now?
>>
No. 923583 ID: 094652

Wait until they're out of shooting range, then search the body, then follow the bandit from a distance. If he attacks someone else, snipe him and run.
>>
No. 923621 ID: 080aaf

Well a dead body out in the open is going to attract scavengers.
Such as yourself! Empty his pockets and bury him deep enough the vultures won't gather.
>>
No. 923743 ID: 21bd50

Shoot the bandit in the head, then duck away. If you miss, move before taking another shot so they cant get a bead on you.
>>
No. 924122 ID: ed041d
File 155164058473.png - (39.22KB , 357x362 , Hearts7.png )
924122

You have decided to loot the body, you find 5 bucks in a few dollar bills, and a note of sorts.
>>
No. 924123 ID: ed041d
File 155164061554.png - (69.08KB , 424x306 , Hearts-Notes.png )
924123

Seems it was a ambush, there's only one station nearby, and it's in the town of Oakwood, you don't like visiting there as you tend to get funny looks from the locals.
>>
No. 924161 ID: 094652

>Come alone
Well that was stupid.

Stalk the bandits and see if they were with the guy who sent the note or just adventuring. Jonah appears to be at the heart of this either way.

Also, snapshot the victim's face.
>>
No. 924319 ID: 080aaf

Well, even if it's an ambush, they won't be expecting you. I think you should invite yourself to this meeting.
>>
No. 924331 ID: b1b4f3

Eh, might as well go see what this is about. They brought trouble to your land. You'd like to prevent that from happening again.
>>
No. 924980 ID: ed041d
File 155198732838.png - (145.00KB , 1604x1098 , Hearts8.png )
924980

You decide to go to the station, couldn't hurt after all. Though you have no horses and your little project back at the farmstead needs some work done before it's good to go, you're stuck walking, it takes about a hour to reach the station on foot.
>>
No. 924981 ID: ed041d
File 155198737093.png - (44.73KB , 880x321 , Hearts9.png )
924981

Well, here it is. Oakwood Station, quiet place. Seems there is a Jonah Industries cargo car here, wonder what that's carrying.

> What shall you do?
>>
No. 925018 ID: 080aaf

Enter into the station. Anybody home?
>>
No. 925057 ID: 2202fb

>>924981
Take a peek inside. If they point a gun at you, you know that its gold.
>>
No. 925505 ID: ed041d
File 155241669673.png - (72.77KB , 423x555 , Hearts10.png )
925505

>>925018
You decide to check the station, and oh my that is another dead body.

You begin to suspect you're probably going to find a lot of those on this venture. Shall you continue to search the station?
>>
No. 925508 ID: b1b4f3

>>924981
Now that I look at the full image, there's blood on the doorstep.

>>925505
Gun out, clear rooms methodically.
>>
No. 925521 ID: 080aaf

It's starting to look like you might need a posse to watch your back. Someone doesn't like leaving witnesses.
Sun's out, guns out!
>>
No. 925523 ID: 094652

Check this guy's pockets, then burn the body.

If you leave too many fingerprints, the killer will eventually frame you. But right now, you need resources. Take them.
>>
No. 925528 ID: 2202fb

>>925505
Fish out the bullet. We can match it to a gun.
>>
No. 925857 ID: ed041d
File 155267546879.png - (58.88KB , 584x392 , Hearts11.png )
925857

>>925523
You don't have fingerprints, you're a automaton. You also can't burn the body, and the guy had $3.

>>925521
You draw your Single Action, you should really invest in some more guns some time.

>>925508
You press yourself against a wall, and you hear something, looking out the window to the counter you see what looks to be that bandit from before. He's talking to something or someone, but you have a clear shot with how close he is.

What do you do?
>>
No. 925861 ID: 2202fb

>>925857
neck him
>>
No. 925875 ID: 080aaf

Listen. And pull your hat brim back before you're spotted, cowboy.
>>
No. 926505 ID: ed041d
File 155311420917.png - (10.32KB , 203x128 , Hearts12.png )
926505

You pull back and decide to listen. You hear the bandit talking.

"Get yer asses in gear! Schmidt was a liability and we all know that, you're not in danger!"
>>
No. 926506 ID: ed041d
File 155311429907.png - (47.63KB , 416x347 , Hearts13.png )
926506

"Johnny! Get that Peacemaker moving, we got a bunch more boxes before Mr. Wolfe arrives! We're on a schedule here!"

"Whatever ya say boss."

Wolfe? The hell does the upcoming senator have to do with these guys?

Do you have any actions or theories you want to take?
>>
No. 926514 ID: b1b4f3

Ugh it's the peacemaker again, combat is going to be risky.
Maybe these guys aren't bandits? Maybe the ones that got shot were the lawbreakers?

If you can get one of them alone and pull them away for interrogation, do so. You need to know why they killed someone on your land.
>>
No. 927268 ID: ed041d
File 155353412376.png - (28.04KB , 190x147 , Hearts14.png )
927268

You grab someone walking around the back and drag them over.

"Talk. Now," you say.

Thankfully this fella has never seen a automaton like you, judging from his shocked reaction.

What shall you ask him specifically? You've probably only got a short amount of time before someone notices he's gone missing and gets looking.
>>
No. 927271 ID: b1b4f3

What are they doing here, why did they kill those two men, what's Mr Wolfe got to do with it?
>>
No. 927284 ID: 080aaf

Also, remind him to keep his voice down, or bang.
>>
No. 927406 ID: 2fb5cd

>>927268
Also, "Where are the Cheetos?".
For comedy points or something
>>
No. 927677 ID: ed041d
File 155378768733.png - (58.36KB , 498x379 , Hearts15.png )
927677

>>927271
>>927284
You let go of the man and let him know that if he keeps quiet and explains what's up, he'll get back to work unharmed.

The man starts talking and says that they were hired by Jonah Industries to move their automatons out here as part of a deal to help Senator Wolfe.

Wolfe and Mr. Jonah himself apparently have some plan and it involves moving out here.

You ask about the man that died.

"Jack Schmidt? He was one of Jonah's engineers, he went missing a few weeks ago and took a lot of Mr. Jonah's plans and blueprints, they're out here somewhere. We were tying up a loose end. We didn't know that area was your farmstead."

The man in the station? "Saw too much, rules are rules, we gotta clear out loose ends."

Sounds a bit too convenient, but it's something. Jonah Industries manufactures a lot of fancy new devices. Also supplied weapons to both sides during the Civil War, wonder what they could be planning, and why it involves murder.

What are you going to do next?
>>
No. 927695 ID: 2202fb

>>927677
If this is legit, then you just stumbled on a black site.

...you are probably another loose end now.
>>
No. 927696 ID: 080aaf

If anyone asks, you were never here.
Now, this plan sounds a little crazy, even to me, but why don't we just walk around to the front door and offer Jonah a deal: We dig up his missing blueprints for him, no questions asked, and in return he pays a nominal fee for them, and keeps his men off our gol durn property. Y'hear?
>>
No. 927697 ID: b1b4f3

I don't think there's any way to avoid becoming a loose end, which means we should immediately leave and try to find the plans. Bring those to the authorities and we can take down the entire operation, which will get them off our backs and buy us some peace.

Also knock him the fuck out.
>>
No. 928428 ID: ed041d
File 155421411631.png - (38.62KB , 350x268 , Hearts16.png )
928428

>>927695
You reckon that you need to get out of here very soon.

>>927696
Considering they've shot everyone and probably could've paid off the station guy, you highly doubt that you can bargain your way out of danger.

>>927697
You grip your SAA by the barrel and get ready to strike him, only for a Peacemaker to poke its head around the corner.

"I was stallin', didn't see that coming did ya?"

Good news is that this Peacemaker has hand attachments on, which means it has no long range attacks. Bad news is that these things are reported to have enough hydraulic strength to rip open a steam engine.

What do you do next?
>>
No. 928438 ID: f07f0b

>>928428
Shoot this dude between the eyes point blank and the bullet should go straight through and hit the peacemaker in the face.
Right after pulling the trigger, kick the guy's corpse into the peacemaker before the dude falls down and then back yourself up.
>>
No. 928503 ID: 080aaf

Yeah, I'm sure your boss will give you a big pay raise when you're dead.
>>928438
>>
No. 928564 ID: 2fb5cd

>>928438
this
>>
No. 929107 ID: ed041d
File 155475747548.png - (27.68KB , 643x312 , Hearts17.png )
929107

>>928438
You shoot the bandit right in the face, and go to kick him.

Only to suddenly need to flee.
>>
No. 929108 ID: ed041d
File 155475752429.png - (52.94KB , 374x447 , Hearts18.png )
929108

A wall is broken open and you go running out, you've pissed off the Peacemaker by shooting out on of its eyes with that shot and as good as you are, you don't wanna risk being hit.

So you go running.

Do you run back home to your farm, into town, or somewhere else?
>>
No. 929145 ID: 2202fb

>>929108
Run to the wilderness and camp out for a bit. You dont want them knowing where you live.
>>
No. 929895 ID: ed041d
File 155534726107.png - (158.46KB , 1604x1098 , Hearts19.png )
929895

Realizing you can't afford more peacemakers near your farm, you take a direct path to a forest near the river.
>>
No. 929896 ID: ed041d
File 155534732253.png - (20.56KB , 344x286 , Hearts20.png )
929896

Several hours pass and nobody's come yet, it's getting dark outside, you should probably head home and refuel but you're still good for another several hours.

What will you do?
>>
No. 929931 ID: 688dd6

It seems like we have no stake in this conflict. Do we know what kind of person Senator Wolfe is? Do we have any reason to go mucking about in his business? If we're going to ask around and try and poke our nose where it doesn't belong, we'll most likely have to go somewhere that isn't crawling with Mr. Jonah and the Senator's stooges.

In the meantime, we might as well take care of something:
>you should really invest in some more guns some time.

Collect your savings from wherever you've stashed them, go to Oakwood and buy a rifle or shotgun.
>>
No. 929971 ID: 080aaf

You should invest in a stockpile, a backup location to refuel next time you're on the lam.
That said I think you have no choice but to slink back home if you lack the supplies.
>>
No. 931115 ID: ed041d
File 155620786457.png - (153.47KB , 1604x1098 , Hearts21.png )
931115

You opt to head home and rest, you need to refuel and grab whatever cash you have. You've got a busy day tomorrow if you're stocking up.

>>929931
"What kind of person is Senator Wolfe."

Senator Wolfe is one of those young upstarts who promises great changes to the nations, he's been spending his time putting on a great public image. Reports however say he's a ruthless perfectionist who has driven his own to suicide over their failures. You're not certain what to believe as you only got hearsay and what the news and tabloids say.

You aren't really certain what to believe.
>>
No. 931116 ID: ed041d
File 155620787812.png - (53.33KB , 1030x1071 , Hearts22.png )
931116

> Snakeye rests the night
>>
No. 931117 ID: ed041d
File 155620796750.png - (154.31KB , 1604x1098 , Hearts23.png )
931117

With your tanks topped up, you head off to Oakwood, it's a shorter walk and your little special project still isn't ready yet. You've got to get the parts for it.

You grab about 25 dollars from your stash at home and you now have 33 dollars on hand. Hopefully that'll be enough to get what you need.
>>
No. 931119 ID: ed041d
File 155620825151.png - (145.57KB , 1088x884 , Hearts24.png )
931119

You enter the main road of Oakwood, represented by a map you've been sketching to keep track. There are only really several notable locations in town you can think of.

The William T Auto store, selling parts for automatons and auto-carraiges, the parts here are a fair price and it should have the last few bits you need.

the Wayne Brothers Company Firearms store, selling every gun they got available. Be careful as the store owner can be testy at times, especially since he doesn't know what the hell you properly are.

Chet's General Store, if it's not a gun or a piece of machinery it can be sold here. Chet's a decent fellow.

the Jonah Industries local office, self explanatory, avoid like the plague considering yesterday.

The Bank, you think you might have a account there, you haven't been keeping track as the tellers keep asking you what it's like to be a automaton.

Sunny's Saloon, good gal that Sunny, always keeps a spare bottle of good scotch for a decent price for you.

Watering Hole.

The Town Hall, run by Mayor White, you're fairly certain he's probably not on your side.

Sheriff Black's office, Black doesn't like you but he's a reasonable fellow and at least listens to you about troubles. Stern but fair.

Where do you head first?
>>
No. 931121 ID: 8dbfc2

Head to the gun store. You've got a few things to do and might as well get some proper protection to do them with. Then it's off to the auto store for the parts, and you should at least inform the sheriff of the goings on before you leave.
>>
No. 931164 ID: 2202fb

>>931119
Get a full-auto longarm if they are available and the highest caliber non-recoilless rifle you can handle along with as much ammo as you can.

Get a crate or two of burlap sacks to be used as sandbags. A shovel too, if you need one. If you dont have easy access to trees, get some wood as well to be used for holding up dirt ramparts.

Also check out any compatible modifications or parts for your body.
>>
No. 931165 ID: 2202fb

>>931119
Also, get a mag-fed 20mm pump grenade launcher.

As I said before (>>923034), they can hold anything: from shells with the standard grenades, shot, buckshot, slugs, flechette, and tri-balls to more exotic shells with things like high-explosive rounds, glass, gas, smoke, flares, napalm, and thermite.
>>
No. 931166 ID: 688dd6

Jesus Christ, you nutters. It's a Western adventure, don't try to live out your paramilitary wet dreams here. A simple lever action rifle will be fine.
>>
No. 931171 ID: 0fae41

Bank first, then gun store. There tend to be unfortunate misunderstandings if you mix the order up.
>>
No. 931390 ID: 2202fb

>>931166
oof, you know, that grenade launcher i was thinking of was from fallout new vegas which is a similar setting.

While i used some lingo, i didnt suggest anything ridiculous. Gatling guns and elephant guns would both fit the bill.
>>
No. 931819 ID: ed041d
File 155689357461.png - (147.61KB , 1088x884 , Hearts25.png )
931819

> Overwhelming vote is to go to the gun store
> One vote brings up a good point about visiting the bank, more money doesn't hurt

> Snakeye heads to the bank
>>
No. 931820 ID: ed041d
File 155689376704.png - (89.67KB , 863x398 , Hearts26.png )
931820

You enter the bank and look about, seems they finally painted the walls a pale green colour, there is a single woman at the Kiosk, oh great is Janice.

"Hello Snakeye! Welcome back, how can we help you today-"

Sure Janice seems fine but wait for it

"-Or are you here to finally answer some questions? I got a lot about you being a automaton, nobody's seen one so human like you before! You have to have something!"

That's the reason you don't like coming here, if you knew anything you'd probably be happy to help but as far as you can tell you're a automaton who was dumped out here about 2 years ago, which Janice already knows.

You could just check your account, maybe BS Janice, or you could attempt a stickup to get her to finally shut up and maybe get some extra cash.

Not like the sidearms that the sheriff and his boys carry will do much to you, they've tried.

You generally dislike causing trouble but it's a option.
>>
No. 931840 ID: 0fae41

We really don't have time for more questions or answers for 'em, Janice, I'd just like to withdraw anything I've got in the bank.
>>
No. 931854 ID: 688dd6

Let's stick to good karma for now. Withdraw what you've got in the bank and go shopping. Who knows, maybe pursuing this intrigue will somehow lead you to answers about yourself?
>>
No. 932186 ID: 509e5e

Keep your gun holstered and stay sharp.
>>
No. 932473 ID: ed041d
File 155750313967.png - (66.65KB , 451x596 , Hearts27.png )
932473

You keep your gun holstered and just ask for your money.

"You currently have 231 dollars in your account, are you certain you want to pull out all of it?"

It's a fair point, the bank here is relatively safe and you may risk your cash at some points, it is made of paper and burns. Do you want to pull it out now or only a set amount?
>>
No. 932496 ID: 0fae41

All but one dollar, I guess. Don't want to completely close out your account yet.
>>
No. 932993 ID: ed041d
File 155801873055.png - (151.44KB , 1088x884 , Hearts28.png )
932993

> Snakeye deducts 230 dollars.

With that out of the way, you head to the next stop, Wayne Brothers Firearms.
>>
No. 932995 ID: ed041d
File 155801924617.png - (73.60KB , 814x425 , Hearts29.png )
932995

You step inside and see Jayne sitting there, Jayne is the current storeowner, a fella from out East, you don't hate him, but it's pretty clear at times he doesn't like you.

"Hello Amadeus."

Oh yeah you also forgot to mention that the only thing you can remember is that your name is Amadeus for some reason... There's a reason you prefer being called Snakeye.

"What do you have in stock today Jayne?"

Jayne just gives you a look and proceeds to list the current inventory and their prices.

Colt Lever Action - $70
Winchester Pump Shotgun - Special deal $55
Wayne Navy Revolver - $60
Colt Semi-Auto Pistol - $45

And some new items thanks to the Jonah Offices.

Jonah Repeating Rifle - $80
Jonah Auto Gun - $90

Pistol ammo - $5 a box
Rifle Ammo - $10 a box
Shotgun ammo - $7 a box

You'd like to buy a lot of guns but you still need to save money for your parts from the auto-store, that little project of yours ain't cheap and any modifications for automatons would be naturally expensive. So you're gonna have to play smart with your money.
>>
No. 933068 ID: 094652

Buy either the shotgun or the auto-rifle, and the required ammo X2. You're going to need firepower since you don't have a posse.
>>
No. 933083 ID: acdd32

>>932995
take a look at the jonah arms and the shotgun. Auto may not mean what we think it means.

Take a look at what kinds of shotgun shells and rifle rounds they have.
>>
No. 933328 ID: 0fae41

The shotgun is ideal for home defense. Make those varmints git off your lawn!
Get 3 boxes of pistol ammo and shotgun ammo each. That should keep you for a long while.
>>
No. 933742 ID: ed041d
File 155857500054.png - (84.24KB , 827x659 , Hearts30.png )
933742

You ask to see the Jonah guns, just to get a idea.

The Repeating Rifle holds a small box like magazine of 9 rounds and is rather long, while the auto gun fires pistol rounds and holds a curved magazine of 20 rounds.

Do you wish to purchase either of these or stick with the shotgun?
>>
No. 933762 ID: 9876c4

From my perspective, you can get a lot done with a single-action and a shotgun. 12 shots without reloading.

Getting a shell carrier and sling probably wouldn't break the bank too bad.
>>
No. 933771 ID: 2202fb

>>932995
Do they have the shotgun featured in their sign? If so, can we see that?
>>
No. 934208 ID: ed041d
File 155900001349.png - (31.92KB , 511x228 , Hearts31.png )
934208

Jayne brings out the shotgun, "Here it is. Winchester Pump Shotgun, 10 gauge model. On sale."

10 gauge, sounds like it'd be trouble.

Any other guns you wanna check out or have you made your decision?
>>
No. 934210 ID: 422cea

Shotgun and 2 boxes of shells. That's one purty looking doorbuster there.
>>
No. 934216 ID: 189b8c

>>934208
Trouble? How so? Are you not equipped to deal with ungodly recoil?
>>
No. 934223 ID: 9876c4

Is that not a bayonet lug, and can we afford a bayonet?
>>
No. 934304 ID: 094652

That's a lot of heat dispersal holes for a pump-action shotgun. BUY IT.
>>
No. 934626 ID: ed041d
File 155941988988.png - (17.90KB , 183x181 , Hearts32.png )
934626

> Overwhelming vote is Shotgun

You buy the shotgun, spending 69 dollars and bringing your current cash on hand down to 194 dollars.
>>
No. 934627 ID: ed041d
File 155941989660.png - (152.93KB , 1088x884 , Hearts33.png )
934627

With gun shopping out of the way you head over to the William T Auto Store.
>>
No. 934628 ID: ed041d
File 155942004171.png - (25.31KB , 362x263 , Hearts34.png )
934628

The inside is a rusted orange and smells of oil, you see the current mechanic Mensah looking over a engine.

He's a good guy and you get along with him fine, but the a number of people in town look at him funny. You don't see why as the guy does good work and always makes sure the prices are fair.

"Hey Amadeus," he says noticing you, "What brings you to the store?"

You want to correct him about using your proper name but you've got more important concerns at the moment.
>>
No. 934709 ID: 0fae41

>194 dollars
Nice.
You, the illustrious Snakeye, require components for a confidential project.
>>
No. 935319 ID: ed041d
File 156018739250.png - (42.41KB , 498x300 , Hearts35.png )
935319

You prefer not to be rude so you just remind Mensah to call you by your nickname.

"Well, you here for the parts?"

Of course, you just need a few more bits and then your little project back at the farm is good to go.

"Before we go over the dealings and such, I gotta ask... Someone saw you out by the train station yesterday but you never went back through town back to your farm. What happened?"

Oh, do you tell him the truth or do you construct a lie? Mensah is a good person and you don't wanna risk getting him involved, but he would be helpful to have on hand if he knew.

You could also explain it in such a way that makes it clear it's a bad idea to get involved.

What do you do?
>>
No. 935328 ID: 7c1196

>>935319
"I saw something I shouldn't have. Lets leave it at that."
>>
No. 935343 ID: 0fae41

You had to see a man about a horse in a town with no name.
>>
No. 935456 ID: 9876c4

Something's brewing. You don't want to get involved, trust me.
>>
No. 936217 ID: ed041d
File 156082104810.png - (10.73KB , 100x155 , Hearts36.png )
936217

> You tell Mensah that it's not safe and he shouldn't get involved.

Mensah eyes you suspiciously, "Okay, one last question then. Will you be telling sheriff Black then?"

Sorry for the short update, was out of proper ideas and needed to continue
>>
No. 936243 ID: 0fae41

Absolutely. Definitely. I'm going to go do that right now in fact, when I am done here. For sure.
>>
No. 936255 ID: 9876c4

That was the plan.

Something I should know first?
>>
No. 936283 ID: 094652

"You tell him."
>>
No. 937184 ID: ed041d
File 156147183768.png - (23.35KB , 347x211 , Hearts37.png )
937184

You assure Mensah that you will inform the sheriff, don't worry.

"Good, cause if you found trouble I don't wanna have it running through here without anyone else knowing."

You ask for the parts and Mensah hands over the last few bits, one of which is a small metal plug, you pay 50 dollars for the parts and thank Mensah, before leaving.
>>
No. 937185 ID: ed041d
File 156147186920.png - (152.47KB , 1088x884 , Hearts38.png )
937185

> Snakeye travels to the Sheriff's office
>>
No. 937186 ID: ed041d
File 156147199294.png - (24.51KB , 240x241 , Hearts39.png )
937186

As you step through the door your met with the face of Sheriff Black.

"Howdy Snakeye, what brings you by here?" he asks in a accusing tone.

Sheriff Black used to be Deputy Black, until the last Sheriff died trying to stop a attack on Oakwood. He's a bit new to all this but he's a good person even if his level of trust for you is more based on suspicion more than anything.

You also think he may blame you for the loss of Sheriff Roland last year since you helped fend the attack on town off.

How do you want to break the news of what's going on?
>>
No. 937192 ID: 9876c4

Jonah Industries is making a move out this way. Killed two in the vicinity of the town, maybe more.
They got guns, mechs, and they're well-funded. What're you planning to do?

Let's not drag the Senator into it for now.
>>
No. 938166 ID: ed041d
File 156225228339.png - (28.49KB , 331x247 , Hearts40.png )
938166

> You tell Black about what Jonah Industries is doing

"Those are some serious claims there, I can't rightly just believe them considering that Jonah is also bringing industry and economy to this town. Got any evidence you can provide?"

Do you have anything to prove your statement?
>>
No. 938174 ID: 7c1196

>>938166
They probably already cleaned up the bodies, so probably not at the moment, however we may be on a hit-list so if anything happens to us, they are probably to blame.
>>
No. 938191 ID: 9876c4

You can show him the note.

Also, I'm not blind. Those heavy mechs are distinctive, and hard to mistake.
For what it's worth, we don't know if local management is involved. But someone at Jonah is.
>>
No. 938826 ID: ed041d
File 156285912783.png - (14.83KB , 169x141 , Hearts41.png )
938826

You hand Black the bloody note. He whistles, "This is pretty damning, it's enough to at least start investigating..."

You also bring up the distinctive Heavy Automatons of Jonah Industries.

"This is true, that stuff is closely guarded... I'll look into it, I'll have a telegram sent to the Governer's office for a warrant. For now, if you are in trouble, you may want to get yourself a posse sometime soon. Check out Sunny's place for some folk, some are always looking for work."

You thank him for what he can do.

Anything left you want to say or will you get moving, and if so, where?

Only one picture for the update this week, got a new job so less time on hand.
>>
No. 938927 ID: 9876c4

Future decisions should be made with a focus on surviving the week.

I'd rather not lose the farm, but I'd also rather not buy the farm.
Maybe we should rent ourselves a lookout.
>>
No. 939833 ID: ed041d
File 156371737010.png - (24.58KB , 337x281 , Hearts42.png )
939833

"Lookout huh? Ya might want to check out Sunny's Saloon, of course they may not be able to keep up with ya and yer lack of sleep."

You want to correct Black about the need for sleep as you can rest and find yourself more alert that way, but arguing about that will get you nowhere.

Do you head over to the Saloon?
>>
No. 939847 ID: 9876c4

I think we should! Who's with me?
>>
No. 939976 ID: 0fae41

Eh, not really. Our concern right now is avoiding retaliation from Jonah's goons, forming a posse to go stir up more trouble is going to invite it. Are we paranoid enough to hire a guard? Or should we just go home, batten down the hatches, and work on our project some more?
>>
No. 939977 ID: 094652

Saloon. See if you can get a bounty there.
>>
No. 940051 ID: 7cc158

Saloons are always a great place to be.
>>
No. 940927 ID: ed041d
File 156450932209.png - (52.30KB , 640x252 , Hearts43.png )
940927

You step into the Saloon, it's rather somber and empty today, you see what looks to be a gunslinger sitting at one table nursing a beer, a cloaked figure at another munching on some peanuts, Sunny behind the bar, ironically not being sunny, and finally a white coat sitting at the bar contemplating something.

You have a few options and any of these could lead into some assistance, who do you want to go talk to?
>>
No. 940933 ID: 9876c4

We need to talk to everyone, find ourselves a good pair of eyes and ears.

Let's start with the white coat, because why not?
>>
No. 941570 ID: ed041d
File 156509711763.png - (36.23KB , 396x264 , Hearts44.png )
941570

You sit down next to the white coat and notice he's not drinking anything, just mumbling to himself.

"Howdy," you say.

He looks over, "Oh, Snakeye right? You're the automaton."

Yes you are the automaton, you ask why the man is here.

"I lost my job recently, been working on a project."

Where did he work?

"I worked for Jonah Industries, was working on a new automaton project. The name is Alfred Smith, and I just got fired."

Well then, shall we continue with this line of dialogue or see about anyone else?
>>
No. 941586 ID: 0fae41

Really. Sounds like you got off fairly lucky if they let you go alive. What kinda robotics?
>>
No. 941593 ID: 9876c4

No harm in learning more.

Does he want to find his way back into their good graces, or was this more of a permanent split?
>>
No. 942507 ID: ed041d
File 156574702070.png - (22.74KB , 210x192 , Hearts45.png )
942507

You ask further about the loss of his job and whether or not this was permanent.

"I was working on a new human automaton project, something meant to better fit into small spaces and shoot accurately but apparently the higher ups didn't like that. Said something about... "stepping too far into Mr. Jonah's territory" or some nonsense like that. So I lost my job, my only prototype is here in town at my place, just missing a few parts."

That sounds helpful, you bring up how lucky he was not to be shot.

"Huh? What?"

You realize that maybe Jonah Industries doesn't shoot everyone they deal with.
>>
No. 942518 ID: 9876c4

Define 'a few parts'.

We might be willing to be a benefactor, and provide a field test besides. But you could be putting your rehirability at risk.

Nothing illegal, but danger is likely.
>>
No. 942750 ID: 997f7c

Ask him what parts he needs. If we make a posse, it would be dope for it to be full automaton.
>>
No. 943246 ID: ed041d
File 156643613544.png - (23.36KB , 282x189 , Hearts46.png )
943246

You ask what Alfred needs, sounds like another automaton on hand would be helpful.

"Most of the parts are cheap thanks to the automaton industry the company built, however what I need is a Union Grade photonic receptor array."

He means a camera eye, often found in Peacemakers and other security and military type automatons.

"Get me one of those and I can make it work with the machine man easily."

Question is where you would find it, and not risk getting a arm torn off.
>>
No. 943265 ID: 9876c4

Seems like the kind of thing they might send to silence a loose end like us.

This guy seems pretty smart, but I don't know about his Alertness.
>>
No. 943676 ID: ed041d
File 156691034684.png - (10.47KB , 273x123 , Hearts47.png )
943676

You ask Alfred where you'd even find those cameras hypothetically.

"Well there's a big shipment of parts from Jonah HQ out East coming in today, if one were to sneak on the train and grab a crate of spare Peacemaker parts, that'd be more than enough really."

Sounds like trouble.

Do you wish to continue with this or talk to the others around?
>>
No. 943678 ID: 9876c4

If someone else wishes to be the voice of reason, do so.

I will never vote against a train wobbery.
>>
No. 943744 ID: b1b4f3

Well it's either that or try to take down the peacemaker bruiser and salvage an eye off it.
...wait, what about one of your own eyes? Do you need both?
>>
No. 944105 ID: ed041d
File 156738105327.png - (21.07KB , 208x169 , Hearts48.png )
944105

>>943744

What kind of question is that? Of course you need both eyes, how else do you gauge distances from objects? Depth Perception is a very useful thing to have.

That and you only got so many spare parts for your eyes left.

You certain you want to do the train heist?
>>
No. 944195 ID: 9876c4

Again, I can't in good conscience vote against it.
>>
No. 944832 ID: ed041d
File 156820695477.png - (144.68KB , 1088x884 , Hearts49.png )
944832

You agree to help Alfred and he marks where he's currently staying on your map of Oakwood.
>>
No. 944833 ID: ed041d
File 156820702782.png - (151.48KB , 1604x1098 , Hearts50.png )
944833

Since you are going on a train heist, you'll need to scout out the location and see what's up. You head to the train station and find yourself a nice hill to observe the location.
>>
No. 944834 ID: ed041d
File 156820708318.png - (14.13KB , 310x180 , Hearts51.png )
944834

The train is currently inactive and doesn't seem to have any guards, it seems too easy, especially with it being a Jonah Industries train.

Either they're getting ready to get moving, or they're confident.

What do you want to do? What do you plan to do?
>>
No. 944873 ID: 9876c4

...or It's a trap.

Let's do this quiet, and try not to shoot anyone. Inspect the area, see if there's some hay or coal you can set on fire.

Then sneak in and nick what you came for.

I don't know if a disthread would get more responses, but it probably wouldn't hurt? Who doesn't like robot cowboys, anyway?
>>
No. 944875 ID: b1b4f3

Usually a train heist happens when it's moving on the track. Can't put guards outside a moving train after all...

Unfortunately the train is already here. Also we don't know which car the cameras are in. Got a telescope? Zoom lens in your eyes maybe? We gotta gather some data from a distance, see where the guards are and what cars are likely to carry the goods.
>>
No. 945474 ID: ed041d
File 156898701392.png - (13.14KB , 226x214 , Hearts52.png )
945474

You move in closer to find out what's going on, when you hear a mechanical clicking. A Peacemaker?

Over the ridge you find... a green skinned man? You duck behind the hill to avoid being spotted, seems this fellow is making ticks and whirrs as he unloads the train.

Did Jonah Industries make a new form of Automaton?
>>
No. 945553 ID: 9876c4

...Probably?
>>
No. 945557 ID: b1b4f3

Can you tell what's being loaded?
>>
No. 945575 ID: e51896

Try and see what is being loaded
>>
No. 946132 ID: ed041d
File 156987148589.png - (30.18KB , 302x199 , Hearts53.png )
946132

You decide to use your fancy mechanical vision to peer closer at the crates being loaded into the train car as best you can, and in the green man's hands is a small crate labelled "Optics".

Seems this is what you're looking for, would make sense they keep spare parts for the Peacekeepers on the train.

You also get the sense that these Green guys aren't the same kind of sturdy or strong that the Peacemakers get. You could probably break one.

If played right, you can avoid alerting the train before you're even long gone.

Do you have a plan of attack to grab a crate of optics?
>>
No. 946133 ID: b1b4f3

Alright, gunfire will alert the train. Try bludgeoning the bot with your gun?
>>
No. 946135 ID: 9876c4

I still say start a fire or topple some crates.
Everyone'll tend to the problem, and you can snatch as needed.
>>
No. 946140 ID: 43b17e

Bludgeon this fool with the shotgun, in a totally sneaky way
>>
No. 946272 ID: ed041d
File 157005254062.png - (13.42KB , 122x155 , Hearts54.png )
946272

>The Vote is to clobber the automaton with your shotgun

You proceed to do so and it goes down, doesn't even grunt or react, it says nothing and goes down.

This thing is kind of creeping you out.
>>
No. 946273 ID: ed041d
File 157005256742.png - (20.18KB , 199x262 , Hearts55.png )
946273

Thinking quickly you grab the optics crate and proceed to book it out of there, if you're lucky the thing ain't too bright.
>>
No. 946274 ID: ed041d
File 157005258221.png - (150.12KB , 1604x1098 , Hearts56.png )
946274

>From the station to Oakwood
>>
No. 946275 ID: ed041d
File 157005259429.png - (146.88KB , 1088x884 , Hearts57.png )
946275

To Alfred's location
>>
No. 946276 ID: ed041d
File 157005282862.png - (17.14KB , 220x187 , Hearts58.png )
946276

You enter the building and see what appears to be the automaton project sitting on a table, already dressed up, you admit that the single optic look is creeping you out a bit.

"Ah! You're here! You got the optics?"

You confirm and ask what else there is to do.

"Well currently, nothing, it'll take me a minute to properly install the optic with the custom lense but the automaton shouldn't take too long."

Swell, ya ask if you can ask him some questions.

"Oh of course! Idle chitchat with the town's own automaton is something at lot of us at Jonah wanted to do. I can answer anything!"

Your first is what the bot's name is.

"Uhm... huh... Well shoot I didn't think that far."

Figures.

"Care to help?"

>What do you want to name the automaton?
>Do you have any pressing questions about the events, Jonah Industries, or anything else?
>>
No. 946279 ID: ed041d

Official Thread Discussion up here: https://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/131079.html
>>
No. 946282 ID: 0fae41

Willy.
What did the engineers at Jonah want to ask?
What was that new model you saw at the station?
>>
No. 946302 ID: 9876c4

Let's call him Gregory, after them there watchers of men.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watcher_(angel)

Ask about the new mech, and if he fancies a stay at the farmstead.
>>
No. 946825 ID: ed041d
File 157065349905.png - (17.16KB , 170x226 , Hearts59.png )
946825

> You suggest either Gregory or Willy

"Not bad names, I'll give them some thought."

> You bring up what the Engineers wanted to know

"They wanted to know how exactly you work, and what makes you so different from the others. A automata such as you with such a advanced automatic intelligence in its difference engine is a very rare sight."

> You ask about the new Automaton you saw at the train.

"Oh the Johns? Yeah they are servant models, meant to carry heavy loads at a rate better than humans, they are a prototype design and meant to be more inviting looking. Personally I find them creepy."

> You ask if you could keep his bot at the farm.

"Well, possibly. You seem pretty helpful to me about getting this so I presume you want my creation for something. What are you doing?"

> Should you tell him or ask some more questions first?
>>
No. 946870 ID: 9876c4

We just committed a technical crime, so yeah, let's hang out.

Enemy's enemy, and all that.
>>
No. 946879 ID: e7c7d3

Go ahead and tell him.
>>
No. 947246 ID: ed041d
File 157123782060.png - (41.70KB , 429x212 , Hearts60.png )
947246

You admit to Alfred that you're technically in trouble with Jonah Industries and you need a extra hand, you're building a posse and you need protection.

"AND YOU'RE JUST TELLING ME THIS NOW?!"

Yeah you're not proud, but you admit that you need help. Sleep cycle is a bitch to deal with.

"What reason do I have to trust you about this?"

That's not a bad point, you've technically inducted him into the trouble, what guarantee does he have to trust you at all? What can you offer in exchange for him helping you?
>>
No. 947254 ID: 9876c4

>>947246
Well, yes.
Before, you didn't know us at all. Now you know we're a stand up guy who takes risks and helps people.

We can't make him want to help back- that's on him.
>>
No. 947256 ID: 33056f

For one, you know too much now, and you're more use to me alive than dead. Anything else is just icing on the cake, really. Don't you want to know what the higher ups are doing with your tech?
>>
No. 947700 ID: ed041d
File 157184597479.png - (23.98KB , 286x160 , Hearts61.png )
947700

You tell him that you didn't know if you could trust him at the time, and that he had no reason to trust you. You wisely leave out the bit about him being of use to you and ask if he wants to know what the Higher Ups at JI are doing with his work.

Alfred thinks about it as a small whistling hum comes from the automaton, it's eye piece now glowing and staring at you.

"Ah, seems William is awake," Alfred notes.

Do you have anything you want to ask or tell the new automaton?
>>
No. 947710 ID: 9876c4

Give him the simplified data points, see what he thinks of the situation. It's his life too.

Also greet him and welcome to this strange world.
>>
No. 948475 ID: ed041d
File 157253188017.png - (9.62KB , 378x196 , Hearts62.png )
948475

>>947710

You inform William of what is going on, and tell him about your posse idea.

There's a slight pause and a hiss before a raspy voice comes from the automaton.

"I will help. I am a sharpshooter design. Where do you want me?"

Not a lot of personality here.
>>
No. 948478 ID: 9876c4

Watchtower if you got one. Windmill if you don't.
But maybe someone else has a better idea?
>>
No. 948485 ID: b1b4f3

Yeah sharpshooter needs a good vantage point, but even a second story window would work there. Or the roof.
But like, I'm not sure we should just sit at home and wait for them to come. Why not do more active investigations?
>>
No. 948516 ID: 9876c4

>>948485
That's technically the sheriff's job, and he don't like us much.
>>
No. 948959 ID: ed041d
File 157313828808.png - (165.08KB , 1604x1098 , Hearts63.png )
948959

You agree that taking William home to act as a watch on top of your workshop is a good idea, you thank Alfred for the Automaton and tell him to keep a low profile. You may need his help later.

> Snakeye and William, head home.
>>
No. 948960 ID: ed041d
File 157313850941.png - (18.70KB , 439x310 , Hearts64.png )
948960

You get to your farmstead with little issue, and admit even if William's effectively just a phonautograph compared to you, it's actually nice to have the farmstead feel less empty now.

You have William head up to the top of the workshop and hand him your single action for now. Buying a new gun will have to come later.

For now you take your new parts from Mensah at the auto store and open the workshop's big door. The smell of oil hits your olfactory sensors, and under the tarp lays your project. Almost done.

You just need a name for this thing.
>>
No. 948962 ID: 9876c4

Gotta know what it is before I try naming it
>>
No. 949017 ID: b1b4f3

Looks like a motorcycle.
Let's name it Dark Horse.
>>
No. 949777 ID: ed041d
File 157409040477.png - (37.56KB , 287x367 , Hearts65.png )
949777

>>948962
Well that's what you want to know, what to call this thing you've made.

>>949017
A "Motor cycle" huh? It is much like a motorized bicycle that the people out East have. You figured that you'd need transportation and the horses don't very much like you, so why not build a steel horse?

Motor Cycle may work as a name.

Was busy last week and got a bit stuck on how to update the quest, but we're back.
>>
No. 949788 ID: 2202fb

>>949777
Wait, lets call these types of things motorcycles in case you ever make more or something. Lets call this specific one Dark Horse.
>>
No. 949847 ID: 9876c4

Looks like a Cyclopede to me.

But this one is yours, so it needs a snakey name like the Badlands Rattler
>>
No. 950429 ID: ed041d
File 157480043562.png - (57.23KB , 1030x1071 , Hearts66.png )
950429

>>949788
You have decided to call these things Motorcycles when you make more.

>>949847
Badlands Ratler works.

With nothing else to cover for the day, you turn in for the night, Will standing watch.
>>
No. 950430 ID: ed041d
File 157480047251.png - (47.77KB , 457x216 , Hearts67.png )
950430

New day ahead, you step outside, ready to get dealing with the list of problems you have that somehow just keeps growing.

What's step one for today then?
>>
No. 950436 ID: 9876c4

*Fence check, sting up some barbed wire around the perimeter.
*Tend to any animals or crops that need minding
*Begin construction on a bow for William, and enough arrows to practice with
*Don't overwork yourself, no telling when things might go south.


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason