[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]

Report completed threads!

[Catalog View] :: [Archive] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 924496)
Message
File []
Embed   Help
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, MP3, MP4, PNG, SWF, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 20000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 3730 unique user posts. View catalog

File 155175753610.png - (341.07KB , 700x600 , 1.png )
924496 No. 924496 ID: c1eaac

Chapter One: https://tgchan.org/kusaba/quest/res/897839.html
Disthread: https://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/124957.html
Expand all images
>>
No. 924498 ID: c1eaac
File 155175756392.png - (194.42KB , 700x600 , 2.png )
924498

Your name is Glasya-Labolas, son of Eisheth, grandson of Lilith, Prince of Hell. It’s been a week since you last showed your face at court.

In fact, you’ve been busying yourself around your estate, pointedly avoiding anything to do with high society. But you can only bury yourself in romance novels and rearranging sitting rooms for so long. In fact, your mail is starting to pile up.
>>
No. 924499 ID: c1eaac
File 155175757681.png - (143.81KB , 700x600 , 3.png )
924499

You trudge to your desk, gathering up all of your various letters and packages, and return to your bed, dumping them into a big pile before you.

There are several smaller envelopes: a clean, white one with your family seal on the front, one made of parchment with a red wax seal you don’t recognize, and a pale blue one with your name written in elegant calligraphy it. You also have two packages: an oblong pink box tied up with ribbon, smelling of sugar and perfume; and something hastily wrapped in brown paper. The latter feels like a heavy object surrounded by sheafs of parchment, and you are almost certain it is from your uncle.

What will you open first?
>>
No. 924500 ID: 270774

the pink box is probably from or. let’s go with one of the things we definitely don’t recognize, so either the blue envelope or the one with the red seal.
>>
No. 924501 ID: 70df1e

open the package from your uncle! packages are always the best to open, so you should open them first
>>
No. 924502 ID: b1b4f3

Open the blue one.
>>
No. 924504 ID: 02e2dc

i vote for the blue one just because it's blue and unfamiliar
>>
No. 924510 ID: 10c408

Open the one with your family's seal on it. It's probably from your mother and it'd be FOOLISH to not read it first.
>>
No. 924512 ID: 57f319

>>924501
It's mysterious and probably a cool rock.
>>
No. 924521 ID: d31b81

CALLIGRAPHY ONE
>>
No. 924523 ID: b03e79

family seal first, packages for last cause they’re most exciting!
>>
No. 924526 ID: c1eaac
File 155176306698.png - (103.20KB , 700x600 , 4.png )
924526

You grab your trusty letter opener and slit open the pale blue envelope, curious to see who might have sent you something so fancy. The letter inside is written in a spindly, meticulous hand, and your eyebrows shoot up as you begin to read.


Dear Prince Glasya-Labolas,

I must take it upon myself to apologize for my shameful behavior recently at court. I spoke out of turn about your marriage and courting prospects, and for that I am deeply sorry. I do hope this has not irreparably damaged anything between us, and I look forward to seeing you again soon -- perhaps at Ornias's estate, for tea.

Your humble servant,

Eligos Bathinson


Wow. Humble servant. That's not something you read in a noble-to-noble letter very often.
>>
No. 924527 ID: c1eaac
File 155176310722.png - (151.66KB , 700x600 , 5.png )
924527

You have two unopened letters, and two unopened packages to deal with. Or, you could take a moment to write Eligos back.

What will you do?
>>
No. 924528 ID: 02e2dc

ooh, an eligos letter

maybe next we should open up the pink package? eligos can wait
>>
No. 924529 ID: 70df1e

write eligos back! lets be polite as well seeing as we dunked on him equally hard at court. no need to hold a grudge
>>
No. 924531 ID: 10c408

Eligos can wait, open the plain white letter.
>>
No. 924534 ID: 270774

white letter next!
>>
No. 924535 ID: 57f319

>>924529
Apologizing for coming across as more demeaning than you meant should be part of the response, whenever you get around to it.
>>
No. 924548 ID: c1212a

You should probably write back, saying you similarly regret the things you said & agree to tea & so forth. Not sure how you should sign it though, something that will dispel the status you abused.

Open the one with the seal you don't recognize.
>>
No. 924604 ID: c0641d

You should probably open everything first before responding so you can make as informed as a set of decisions as possible. Your family seal next.
>>
No. 924613 ID: c1eaac
File 155182759712.png - (132.04KB , 700x600 , 6.png )
924613

Gently, you pry open the white envelope with your family’s seal on it. It is, as expected, a letter from your mother, written in her formal, business-like hand.

Glasya-Labolas,

Your brother Vetis has informed me that you made quite an impression at court last week. I’m happy to see you finally applying yourself to high society events. I suspect you will be well-liked there. Do try and make yourself seen at more parties this season without causing as much of a stir as you did the first time.

If you are looking for someone suitable of your station to accompany you to any of those parties, I will have a servant send a list along with my next letter.

Your mother,

Eisheth

P.S. - Do be more subtle the next time you decide to leave Lord Abbadon for dead.

Huh. Oddly encouraging, coming from your mother. You get the sense that your day in court actually managed to impress her.
>>
No. 924614 ID: c1eaac
File 155182764722.png - (155.10KB , 700x600 , 7.png )
924614

You have one unopened letter, and two unopened packages. You can also write back to either Eligos or your mother before opening anything else.

What will you do?
>>
No. 924615 ID: 95ba7b

DOES THAT MEAN JASPER ISNT DEAD?? MOM??? MOM????????
>>
No. 924617 ID: 986b2d

YEAH UHHHH MOM?????? IS JASPER NOT DEAD
>>
No. 924619 ID: 02e2dc

oh whoops. hopefully jasper doesn't hold grudges.

open the red seal letter?
>>
No. 924620 ID: 42d644

ohh fuck. Is he not dead? crap crap crap.

...questions for later! Open the red seal envelope next.
>>
No. 924640 ID: 0e2ebe

You closed the door quietly and walked away. What's more subtle than that?
>>
No. 924642 ID: 10c408

>>924640
Gonna hazard a guess and say that when Eae was whisked away from the court and we went after her, vetis's friend who we don't know the name of was paying attention.

And that MUCH later they either found Jasper's body or he overpowered her and survived.
>>
No. 924646 ID: 0e2ebe

>>924642
Oh!

Close your eyes and grab something.
>>
No. 924661 ID: 9dad72

please make up with eligos, love a snide boy w glasses

Package last!! Black seal next maybe?
>>
No. 924662 ID: 9dad72

my second chaos suggestion is to make up w jasper and See What That Is About
>>
No. 924668 ID: c1eaac
File 155183971870.png - (119.62KB , 700x600 , 8.png )
924668

You scoot the parchment envelope towards you, and immediately have a hard time prying the red wax seal away, even with your letter opener. It’s like someone pressed down too hard on it, perhaps without realizing. Eventually, you just slit the top edge of the envelope open, allowing you access to the brief letter inside, written in painstakingly uniform script. Some of the expressions used are awkward, like the writer can’t remember a less formal turn of phrase.

Prince,

Forgive me if my High Demonic script is rusty. Have not exchanged correspondence since the war. Lovely to meet you at court last week. Apologies that our time together was cut short by extenuating circumstances (Ornias). Anticipating seeing you again.

Regards,

Camio
>>
No. 924669 ID: c1eaac
File 155183972789.png - (154.66KB , 700x600 , 9.png )
924669

You feel something else inside the envelope, so you tilt it and give it a good shake. A small, sturdy card with a sigil embossed into it tumbles out onto your bed, and you, embarrassingly, feel yourself blush.

Apparently Camio really meant “anticipating”.
>>
No. 924670 ID: c1eaac
File 155183973899.png - (104.28KB , 700x600 , 10.png )
924670

OBTAINED: CAMIO’S CALLING CARD

A calling card is a printed card with a certain demon’s sigil on it, that can be used for a one-time-only summoning. Calling cards are given with more frequency than angel feathers, but they still aren’t something you go handing out to everyone.
>>
No. 924671 ID: c1eaac
File 155183976627.png - (170.52KB , 700x600 , 11.png )
924671

You have two unopened packages. You can also write back to Eligos your mother, or Camio before opening anything else.

What will you do?
>>
No. 924672 ID: 70df1e

packige.... open the package
>>
No. 924673 ID: 02e2dc

lets open everything... pink package first, that one looks like it's from ornias
>>
No. 924677 ID: 9dad72

camio, deadpan, sliding his phone number across the table
>>
No. 924698 ID: c0641d

Pink package.
>>
No. 924896 ID: c1eaac
File 155193644471.png - (271.83KB , 700x600 , 12.png )
924896

You untie the ribbon and open the box to find a row of tightly-packed, pastel colored macarons. Atop them is a small card, smelling of perfume and written in gold ink.

So lovely to see you again in court, Prince. Do give me the tour of your estate soon.

- Ornias

Not a mention of anything that happened in court. Maybe this is their way for apologizing for losing their temper, or of imploring you to forget it happened.
>>
No. 924897 ID: c1eaac
File 155193647333.png - (223.24KB , 700x600 , 13.png )
924897

You have one unopened package. You can also write back to Eligos, your mother, Camio, or Ornias before opening anything else.

What will you do?
>>
No. 924898 ID: 02e2dc

aw orn sent us macarons :>

let's open the last one and then get to writing some letters
>>
No. 924899 ID: 70df1e

eat a macaron while you open the last package
>>
No. 924906 ID: 57f319

>>924899
Yup
>>
No. 924936 ID: 7e9c89

we’ve already come so far finish opening them! seconding eating a macaron, also. you shoukd start planning your replies, foo!
>>
No. 924937 ID: beedfd

eat macaron, blush at calling card
write mother with IS LORD ABBADON ALIVE?
>>
No. 925019 ID: c1eaac
File 155200684392.png - (160.32KB , 700x600 , 14.png )
925019

You chomp down on a macaron - they’re unsurprisingly delicious - as you undo the hastily taped-together bundle of brown paper that is the last package. Your suspicions about your uncle being the sender are immediately confirmed. Inside the package is a massive stack of parchment paper, each sheet scribbled on back to front, some hand-bound with needle and thread. You pick up the first loose sheet of parchment, which seems deliberately placed on top.

Nephew,

I hear you have made your second, informal debut in court, and received a reputation as quite a troublemaker - a status more than suited to any grandson of Lilith! I can’t say I approve of your cavorting with angels (and your mother may not either, though perhaps she is a bit less socially conservative - back in the day it was social suicide to be seen conversing with an angel on equal terms), but hearing how well you’ve done on your first outing, I can only commend you on your progress. Not many demons would worm their way into a face-to-face conversation with Satan the False King himself upon their first legitimate outing into high society. Enclosed with this letter is a plan I have detailed for you to infiltrate the inner circles of court and assassinate the False King, as well as a manifesto detailing why the restoration of the Lilim to the throne is crucial to…
>>
No. 925020 ID: c1eaac
File 155200687911.png - (99.13KB , 700x600 , 15.png )
925020

You set the stack of parchment aside, and study the item that was wrapped in the manifesto. It is a knife. Your Uncle Tamar has mailed you a knife.

Oooookay. Well. Better get cracking on those replies, unless you can think of anything better to do.

Feel free to write potential response letters in the suggestions, or simply suggest on content that each reply should have! You also aren't obligated to reply to everyone, you can pick and choose.
>>
No. 925022 ID: c375e8

let's be polite and reply to everybody! maybe not uncle tamar, though.

accept eligos's apology gracefully, maybe with a tension-breaking joke?

thank your mom for the advice and inquire about that list. if anything we can see what she thinks of everybody.

thank camio and send him a calling card in return. we love that man

do we have anything nice to send or in return? attach that to a thank you letter!

and, uh, thanks uncle tamar for this surely useful object. Actually it might be a good idea to inspect it closer, it might be enchanted or something
>>
No. 925024 ID: c375e8

>>925022
oh and i'm sorry to double post but LET'S WRITE A LETTER TO ARTY... if we even have an address i suppose, but it would be a good idea to thank him for the feather he gave us if i remember correctly! and say we look forward to seeing him again (because i do)
>>
No. 925025 ID: 10c408

Wow, what an absolute tool.

Honestly? Burn your uncle's minor stack of inconvenience and... I guess just keep the knife with you if you don't have a secure place to hide it.

As for the other replies...

Tell Mom that you shall endeavor not to become the center of attention so badly, you are allergic to the spotlight.
>>
No. 925026 ID: 02e2dc

UNABASHEDLY FLIRT WITH CAMIO

uh, other than that. might as well accept eligos's apology. ask mom how jasper's doing. send orn a thank you note. punt uncle tamar's weird 60-page conspiracy letter into the trash (keep the knife tho)
>>
No. 925027 ID: c1212a

Send a letter to Eligos thanking him for writing, and expressing that you feel you similarly spoke in a manner unbecoming, and would like to apologize. Also tea sounds nice. Whatever you write, sound humble rather than magnanimous, you've already pulled rank once.
>>
No. 925028 ID: 270774

is it a nice knife?

burn manifesto, respond cordially to eligos, send jasper a letter politely inquiring after his health, flirt HEAVILY with camio, and tell or you’d love to see them soon.
>>
No. 925029 ID: 02e2dc

OH AND I GUESS ask mom what uncle tamar's deal is, if we don't already know
>>
No. 925032 ID: 70df1e

reply to everybody!

tell eligos that it's all water under the bridge and take him up on his offer of tea

tell your mom that uncle tamar is trying to oust satan again and ask for advice

for camios you should flirt back and also send him your own calling card! ;)

tell ornias their macarons were delicious and you'd love to try their cooking again sometime (and also include your calling card because, why not)

actually read tamars manifesto and send a nice response back to him. call him comrade this is non-negotiable

NEW LETTER:
send the manifesto that tamar sent to satan because honestly he seems like a fun and cool dude and i bet he'd get a laugh out of it. always good to be on the good side of the king you feel me
>>
No. 925040 ID: 10c408

>>925029
We already know his deal. He tried to assassinate Satan once and evidently didn't succeed.

And now there's this.
>>
No. 925047 ID: 57f319

>>925032
I am negotiating the terms to never reading the manifesto and ignoring your uncle.

Also Satan's great but he did overthrow the ruler of Hell maybe he takes that seriously don't send it to him please.

Otherwise rad.
>>
No. 925086 ID: 16b35d

w. what the hell’s with your uncle? no pun intended. let’s answer eligos and camio and try and figure out what parties we might see them at next! or which avenues we can use to talk w them, it’s moving a little fast to be around them in private.. a list from yr mom might be useful too so we know of any potential pitfalls!
>>
No. 925378 ID: c1eaac
File 155232811920.png - (121.28KB , 700x600 , 16.png )
925378

You get to work writing your response letters to everyone, which is sure to kill quite a bit of time.

To Eligos, you write a letter thanking him for his apology, accepting it, and letting him know you look forward to seeing him soon. You send a similar letter to Ornias, thanking them profusely for the macarons and making sure to note how delicious they are.

To your mother, you send thanks for her advice, and a promise not to make yourself the center of too much attention. You also ask for the list she mentioned, with the intention to at least peruse it, and write a postscript inquiring after Jasper's health. You're a little surprised to hear that he's up and about again, but demons have always been fast healers.

Finally, to Camio, you write a short and sweet letter that manages to both be flirty and politely grateful, including your own calling card in the envelope. You've never flirted by mail before, so it's a little embarrassing, but you think that reading romance novels may have served you well. Or he's going to hate it. You never know, with Camio.
>>
No. 925379 ID: c1eaac
File 155232813045.png - (90.39KB , 700x600 , 17.png )
925379

You put your uncle's letter and manifesto in the garbage, but decide to keep the knife. It looks nice enough, and it's probably an angel blade, if he thinks you can kill Satan with it. Angel weapons are the only weapons that can do lasting harm to demons. Take out an eye with it, the eye stays gone, and so on.
>>
No. 925380 ID: c1eaac
File 155232817831.png - (140.21KB , 700x600 , 18.png )
925380

It's late afternoon by the time you finish with your correspondences, and you're startled out of your work only by a servant coming in to knock at your door. To bring you another letter, fortuitously enough. Apparently a courier just dropped it off.

The envelope is embossed and feels made of expensive paper, and you open it carefully, to find a black and gold card inside, an elegant invitation of some sort.

You are cordially invited

To Lord Jasper Abbadon's gourmet dinner club, to be held tonight at his estate, Manchineel, at ten P.M.

Formal or semi-formal dress expected
>>
No. 925381 ID: c1eaac
File 155232819902.png - (117.03KB , 700x600 , 19.png )
925381

Well. That's...unexpected to say the least. There's another card in the envelope allowing you to RSVP via courier, and it elaborates that you're free to bring a plus one. There's even a little box to check if you're bringing someone, so they'll have enough seats.

It would be awfully rude to leave Jasper for dead and then decline to come to one of his exclusive dinner parties. Not to mention that not putting in an appearance would essentially give him a free pass to talk about you behind your back. But if you attend this thing, you'll have to be on your guard, in case he tries to get back at you. If you bring a plus one, you'll need to make sure they have your best interests in mind.

So...will you go? And, if so, who are you going to ask along as your date?

> RSVP 'yes', and invite a plus one.
> RSVP 'yes', and go it alone.
> RSVP 'no'.
> Make a pro/con list of date options.
> Something else?

Since Jasper's parties are very exclusive, not everyone in the cast will appear there. Bringing a character as Glas's date will be the only way to make sure they're around for this part of the story! Choose wisely.
>>
No. 925383 ID: 9dad72

what would be the pros/cons of taking a date? im tempted towards solo but that seems ill advised.
>>
No. 925386 ID: 70df1e

im just gonna throw this out there because two wolves are fighting within me and one is TAKE SATAN and the other is TAKE CAMIO

1. imagine jaspers face if we took satan to one of his dinner parties ESPECIALLY if he was up to some shit. like what if he tries to eat part of an angel and pass it off as something else? consider him dunked on. also just the STATUS of bringing satan himself to a party can you imagine. i feel like satan would have a great time. plus we could make it up to him for having to leave so fast and chase eae.

2. we all love camio and camio has beaten the snot out of jasper once and i bet he would gladly do so again which makes him also a very tactically sound date im just saying
>>
No. 925388 ID: 23b9a0

WOULD IT BE IN BAD TASTE TO INVITE ARTY? i mean im pretty sure Camio would not be very warmly welcomed.

also am i the only one whose just a tiny tiiiiiny bit curious what angel flesh tastes like?
>>
No. 925390 ID: 423007

pro/con list for sure! the concept of bringing satan is hysterical and i would vote for it but isnt that getting.. a little above glas’s station
>>
No. 925395 ID: 10c408

>>925388
If we were gonna go that route, it would have happened in chapter 1.

if we go that route NOW, we're only gonna establish the following points.

one: we're a massive hypocrite whose just as bad as Jasper
two: we're also an idiot and would deserve getting murdered by Arty's brother.
three: we'd also deserve getting lynched by any demon veterans from the last war with heaven for being stupid enough to get involved with jasper's war risking appetite.
>>
No. 925399 ID: c0641d

Can we call a friend for opinions/recommendations?

For now, my vote is "no." If there's a comment line on the RSVP, we can claim that we don't wish to attend since things are understandably awkward between us at the moment.

If the vote skews yes in the end, regardless of who we take; take uncle's funny kill move with you just in case. If Jasper gets you into a private and vulnerable position, any games he and his angel friend might try to play with you will probably come to a screeching halt if you start waving a freaking ANGEL BLADE in his face.
>>
No. 925400 ID: 70df1e

>>925390

i mean the worst satan can do is say no. well the worst he could do is execute us but considering he hasn't murdered glas' uncle for his dumb manifesto i think we're safe on that count. it's worth a try even if we get shot down, we can just take someone else
>>
No. 925404 ID: 270774

let’s do the pro vs con list but also my vote is camio regardless
>>
No. 925406 ID: c1eaac
File 155234017711.png - (217.15KB , 700x600 , 20.png )
925406

Before you RSVP, you take the time to make a pro/con chart for your potential dates.


CAMIO

PROS: Has expressed clear interest in seeing you again, demonstrably has your back, dislikes Jasper as much as you do. This could be a good opportunity to learn more about him.

CONS: Will likely be of a lower station than much of the other guests, dislikes high society and socializing, was seen attacking Jasper at court a week ago. May have wanted to see you again privately, rather than in a public setting.


ELIGOS

PROS: Especially cunning and socially adept, attentive to his dates, and well-liked by most other nobles. This might put you back on steadier footing with him, and show him that everything really is water under the bridge.

CONS: So well-liked that he might get pulled away from you to talk to friends. Kind of a bastard sometimes.


ORNIAS

PROS: Knows everyone's drama. Might help you snoop around Jasper's mansion, or otherwise find out what's being said about you. Sweet, and the life of the party. Seems to enjoy your company.

CONS: Has a temper. Does things just for the drama of it all. Doesn't seem to particularly like or dislike Jasper.


ARTY

PROS: Definitely dislikes Jasper, and definitely likes you. Might be interested in building a case against him, or at least in helping you stay safe at the party. Can be summoned whenever, since you have his feather.

CONS: Would likely not be welcome at the dinner party, unless you could convince him to come in disguise.


SATAN

PROS: Likes you, for some reason. Might come just to be dramatic.

CONS: Extremely above your station. Doesn't come to most social events, even though it's custom to invite him. Will make you a public political target. Certain relatives might see you as a traitor to your bloodline.


NICELY ASKING YOUR BROTHER VETIS TO SET YOU UP WITH A BLIND DATE

PROS: Someone else makes the choice for you, and you can get mad at Vetis if it doesn't work out.

CONS: Vetis's friend group is a mixed bag, and your date might end up ditching you if you don't get along.
>>
No. 925407 ID: 70df1e

>>925406

yeah you know what camio didn't seem to like being out and about so much. lets meet up with him later in private and absolutely go to the party with satan also for the drama of it all. Jasper isnt gonna be able to TOUCH us and also we can just straight up lie to uncle tamar. 'you know we're getting close to satan like you asked chill out' but like for the love of god if you go with satan you CANNOT bring that angel blade or you might start a diplomatic incident. not that you'd even need it because youd be there with SATAN. imagine how nervous jasper would be. it would be hilarious
>>
No. 925409 ID: f740ea

hmm. sounds like taking camio would be a shitty time for everyone involved (including him) and we don't wanna blow it with him

im going to say lets take ornias bc it sounds like they would have fun/not get us shanked by a pissed off jasper/possibly start some dramatic shit which might be funny. also i just wanna see more of them tbh
>>
No. 925410 ID: 418eab

We should take Arty in disguise!!!
>>
No. 925411 ID: c0641d

If we really need Arty there, we can just keep his feather in our back pocket. A surprise tool we'll (maybe) need later, just like uncle's Gabbo McStabbo(tm).
>>
No. 925412 ID: 70df1e

i am still really for satan but i thought of another absolute power move lads and i do think we need to make some power plays if we are going to be taken seriously in our quest for a spouse, no one will marry a weak demon.

but listen:
invite jasper as your plus one to his own party. glas is a PRINCE, there's absolutely NO WAY he can turn us down, and it would be a hilarious way to keep an eye on him. Terrible, but hilarious. It would probably be the most powerful move in recent history so please consider
>>
No. 925413 ID: 270774

mmm i had forgotten that camio doesn’t like parties so i switch my vote. either ornias, or asking vetis to set you up bc that’s fun, OR, tbh, it’s unconvential but i really do like the cheek of asking jasper to be your date at his own party
>>
No. 925414 ID: 23b9a0

>>925395
Ive been quiet, BUT i have been advocating the eatin angels thing from the first thread so i mean. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Were DEMONS, it would be weird to be offered angel and NOT try it.

but i guess i am also fairly fond of arty so in light of that, i will keep my angel eating opinions to myself.

(im also kind of with Glas' uncle on the right to the throne thing)

....but given the choices of popular opinion. DATIN' SATAN. go big or go home.
>>
No. 925416 ID: 2af340

+1 for datin' satan!!! (and leaving the angel blade at home please)
>>
No. 925427 ID: 10c408

>>925414
Do you want to get us executed? This is how you get us executed.

That said... If we HAVE to attend this farce, bring Ornias with us. They won't stand for any bullshit jasper pulls and honestly, they probably want to have a very pointed conversation about the shit that Camio got himself into at Satan's party.
>>
No. 925428 ID: 174f3c

Ornias if you can't bring yourself to be smart and safe.
>>
No. 925430 ID: 10c408

It just occurred to me. Depending on how things go at the party, we could totally defend our position and snub Jasper at his own party by starting the rumor that he got his ass handed to him by Eae and you decided to not get involved.
>>
No. 925431 ID: 23b9a0

>>925427
puh-lease
execution is so gauche
and i really doubt we will get the main character murdered

still staunchly in the datin satan camp ig
>>
No. 925455 ID: b815ea

Invite Satan or Arty. Both would be hilarious and terrifying. Also both of them enjoy parties (even though they may not have a taste for Jasper). Worst case we invite Satan and he turns us down in a casual but justifiable manner, and Arty can be our +1 ad we can Definitely wreak some havoc with an angel on our arm.
>>
No. 925460 ID: 4d9655

i vote ornias

>>925413
OH MY GOD. SDJLFSDJLSDLJFSDLJF. PLEASE. INVITE JASPER TO HIS OWN PARTY, P LE ASE
>>
No. 925461 ID: c8452a

>>925460
That's hilarious but also probably will end up being humiliating for Glas
>>
No. 925481 ID: 9dad72

ASKING JASPER TO BE YOUR DATE IS *CHEF KISS* MAKE IT WEIRD
>>
No. 925503 ID: 986b2d

Just adding my two cents in re: artys feather I am Not so sure it's a great idea to summon him into a party of demons who are probably hostile to him with no warning. If we want his backup, probably better to bring him in disguise from the getgo, unless making a scene is what we're going for here.
>>
No. 925512 ID: 7f9ad7

I'm actually gonna advocate to bring Eligos. We're gonna need all the smooth talking we can afford when Jasper inevitably presses down on us.
>>
No. 925540 ID: c1eaac
File 155243286162.png - (176.94KB , 800x800 , 21.png )
925540

You decide to write a new letter to Ornias, asking them to be your plus one. You could use a socialite on your side, and you don't think they'll stand for anything Jasper might try to pull. Plus, you just want to see more of them...and it sounds like they think the same about you. You send your letters off with a courier, hoping that Or doesn't already have a date - they're very popular after all.

Since the party is tonight, you might win Or over a little more if you buy them a nice outfit, and get yourself something to match. You have a few hours to go to the marketplace, so it's time to shop!

From what you know about Or, they like to wear dresses, skirts, and clothes that show a lot of skin, so that's as good a place to start as any. Jasper's dinner party is also a formal/semi-formal affair, so you're sure you can get away with more casual outfits than you'd usually wear to court. Your budget is pretty much unlimited, and you can spring for jewelry, too, if you like.
>>
No. 925545 ID: c8452a

>>925540
For Or, something that shows off shoulders and upper arms, elegant gloves, maybe asymmetrical bottom half.

No idea how to reflect that on Glad, but maybe some creative layering on the upper half to contrast? Colors should flow together between the two, maybe some cool colors.
>>
No. 925548 ID: 9dad72

matching heels and big collars - Or seems to like those. blacks and shades of dusty pink? maybe a flower or two?
>>
No. 925570 ID: 02e2dc

orn seems like the type to wear a bigass fur shrug. glas has like... a cloak of some sort on
>>
No. 925571 ID: 02e2dc
File 155244337923.png - (227.43KB , 800x800 , dress up time yaaaay.png )
925571

whoops forgot the image
>>
No. 925572 ID: 10c408

>>925571
I like this, but.. I'm not sure the pink pants are a good idea. Perhaps a different color?
>>
No. 925589 ID: 2af340
File 155245597324.png - (216.20KB , 800x800 , i tried and therefore no one can criticise me.png )
925589

i think translucent fabrics are cool.....
>>
No. 925590 ID: 2af340

>>925571
love the flowers!
>>
No. 925594 ID: e75fd1

i llllllove.. the fur coat.. dress for the DRAMA of it all
>>
No. 925619 ID: 46352c

We have a surprise tool or two to help us later we want to take, so we ourselves should wear an overcoat with deep pockets on the inside flap and soft, puffy padding on the outside to elude a casual patdown should it happen. (The feather is a no brainier, but even the knife won't be particularly bulky if it's oriented flatly in a deep enough inside pocket and obscured behind layers of felt and fur.)
>>
No. 925624 ID: 5393a4

i like the sheer skirt on that ornias... cute...
>>
No. 925945 ID: cfe8e9
File 155271957455.png - (214.38KB , 797x797 , for HG.png )
925945

i love.. the idea of them matching their looks
>>
No. 926049 ID: 7d37c6
File 155276586950.png - (224.51KB , 800x800 , dressup.png )
926049

add gold as a hg color marn. wear the official colors of heaven and angels to jaspers house as a power move.
>>
No. 926055 ID: 02e2dc

veil ornias is so powerful hkghkdfg i like the gold
>>
No. 926091 ID: 986b2d
File 155279157016.png - (290.87KB , 800x800 , hg.png )
926091

Man I second the gold actually but if i must pitch an original idea.....yo
>>
No. 926093 ID: 986b2d
File 155279196316.png - (287.01KB , 800x800 , hggold.png )
926093

Alternate Colorway
>>
No. 926099 ID: e51896
File 155279488953.png - (173.13KB , 800x800 , thatoneshirt.png )
926099

If no one else is gonna do it...
>>
No. 926397 ID: 270774
File 155305148837.png - (242.33KB , 800x800 , hgsuggest.png )
926397

>>
No. 926400 ID: c8452a

>>926397
This is the horniest thing I've ever seen and we're surrounded by demons.
>>
No. 926411 ID: 70df1e
File 155305491289.png - (149.58KB , 450x800 , hg dressup.png )
926411

i only had time to draw or because i have finals and my hands hurt. i poured all of my energy into this
>>
No. 926560 ID: c1eaac
File 155313440076.png - (164.13KB , 700x600 , 22.png )
926560

You kill most of your afternoon in the marketplace, browsing clothes, looking for exactly the right thing to wear to Jasper's party. Finally, once you've figured it out, you pay the shop owner to have a courier deliver Or's outfit, and take your own home with you. You even stop for a bite to eat on the way back - because you doubt you'll be eating much at Jasper's.
>>
No. 926561 ID: c1eaac
File 155313440831.png - (101.17KB , 700x600 , 23.png )
926561

When you get home, there's a package waiting for you with one of your servants. A box of chocolates, and a note.

Glasya-Labolas,

Thank you for getting Ornias out for the evening. And good luck.

Camio.

Well then. Word must be traveling fast.
>>
No. 926562 ID: c1eaac
File 155313442002.png - (152.08KB , 700x750 , 24.png )
926562

You take a bath and get dressed in your new clothes, and by the time you're ready, it's almost time for Jasper's party. One last look in the mirror, and then you're headed down the stairs to the main hall of your estate.

To your surprise, Ornias is there waiting for you. They're wearing the outfit you bought them, and they look so stunning you're almost tongue-tied. They offer you a smile as you stumble down the last few steps.

"I thought I would walk over with you, since your estate is closer to Jasper's," they say. "But it doesn't exempt you from giving me a tour, you know."

"Of course not," you manage.
>>
No. 926563 ID: c1eaac
File 155313443158.png - (118.73KB , 700x600 , 25.png )
926563

Or offers you their hand and you take it, guiding them out the front door. Jasper's isn't far, but the walk will let you have a conversation before you get there, which you're sure Or intended. You can make a strategy for dealing with Jasper, ask them who they think might be there, or ask them about themself, but you'll probably only have time to do one of those things.
>>
No. 926564 ID: 270774

i think it would be rude to jump straight into strategy. ask them how they think the party is going to be, in general!
>>
No. 926565 ID: 70df1e

ask them about the drama of it all.
>>
No. 926566 ID: 02e2dc

strategizing would probably be a good move but i'm going to go with "ask or about themself". kind of a mood killer to invite someone out and then immediately go "ok how are we going to avoid jasper pulling some shit" imo
>>
No. 926567 ID: 02e2dc

>>926565
also yeah THE DRAMA OF IT ALL~~~
>>
No. 926569 ID: c7f906

Ask them about if word's gotten around about what you allegedly saw happening to Jasper. Ask if it's beyond the realm of disbelief to stick to the alibi that you thought you were witnessing something completely different. Or don't ask, if that would be a stupid question.
>>
No. 926579 ID: c0641d

Ask about expectations for the party; express slight concern, and let Or steer the topic into strategy.

Quick inventory check; did you bring the angel feather, Camio’s card, and/or the angelic knife on your person? (It’ll be good for us to know ahead of time.)
>>
No. 926592 ID: 10c408

Confide in Ornias that you've been so busy, the rumor mill has gotten away from you which is probably an amateur mistake.
>>
No. 926598 ID: 7fd2b7

ask them about the party or themself!!!
>>
No. 926639 ID: c8452a

>>926566
Yes
>>
No. 926747 ID: c1cb95

ask them about what they've been up to since we saw them last! i'd like to know what the typical nobility gets up to in their free time
>>
No. 927277 ID: c1eaac
File 155354025137.png - (183.30KB , 700x600 , 26.png )
927277

INVENTORY CHECK:

Currently on your person you have Arty's feather, the angel-blade knife from your Uncle Tamar, a couple of your own calling cards, and a monogrammed handkerchief, which you never leave home without. You've left Camio's calling card at home, coming to the conclusion that he might not like to be forced to put in an appearance at Jasper's party.
>>
No. 927278 ID: c1eaac
File 155354026657.png - (159.99KB , 700x600 , 27.png )
927278

"This is one of the first times I've been out all week," you say a bit sheepishly, glancing over to Or. You wonder how much they know about what you witnessed with Jasper and Eae, but that doesn't seem like a great topic to lead with. "And I'm afraid I've been a bit too busy to stay on top of the rumor mill. What have you been up to lately, Duchess?"

"Oh, you know, this and that," Or says, cryptically. "Hosting my tea group, of course, and refurnishing a wing of my estate for my human -"

"Your human?"

"My human lover, yes. They're very in vogue, you know," Or says. They aren't wrong - taking a human lover has become something of a trend in the past decade or so, though it's still a little subversive to let them live in Hell with you. Considering how many demons still think of humans as a snack, and all. "Camio has one too. She's very...spirited."

They don't sound like they like Camio's human very much, perhaps for obvious reasons. You decide to change the subject.

"Speaking of Camio, he sent me chocolates for inviting you along tonight."

"Did he?" Or laughs, high and genuinely amused. "That's very funny. I suppose he's glad to be staying at home. There was some unpleasantness between Eligos and Murmur at tea this week, and he knows as well as I do how much they love to escalate with one another."
>>
No. 927279 ID: c1eaac
File 155354028594.png - (171.67KB , 700x600 , 28.png )
927279

"Eligos and Murmur are coming?" you ask, just to be sure.

"I'm sure they are. My cousin never misses a dinner party, and Murmur never misses an opportunity to be petty in public," Or says, with another laugh. "Hopefully they won't drag anyone else into their little pissing match, but that remains to be seen."

"Do you know who else will be there?" you ask. Might as well seize the opportunity to talk a little about the party itself, while you have time. "I've never been invited to one of Jasper's parties before."

"Well, it changes depending on who happens to have prior engagements, but I expect at least a few of the regulars will be there. Even though the invitations went out on such short notice," Or says. So you weren't the only person who got your invitation just this afternoon. Interesting. "Some of your siblings are usually there, at least Vetis or Shax, and my little group...I expect Foxglove will be there as well, they've been a bit enamored of Jasper as of late. Beyond that, who's to say?"

You catalog the information in your mind, nodding as Or speaks. Depending on which of your siblings are there, and who they're with, you might have more allies at the party than you thought. You'll have to keep an eye out for them.
>>
No. 927280 ID: c1eaac
File 155354029545.png - (108.85KB , 700x600 , 29.png )
927280

You want to ask Or more, but the two of you are already through the gate of Jasper's estate and making your way up the front steps. A few other demons filter inside before you, and when you get to the door, you're surprised to find an angel in a servant's uniform holding it open for you.

"Welcome to Lord Abbadon's home," they say, in clumsy, yet fluent, demonic. "How shall I announce the two of you?"

"Prince Glasya-Labolas Hethson and Duchess Ornias Bathinson," Or says, taking charge immediately, perhaps sensing how tongue-tied you are. They sweep you along on their arm as the servant announces you to the main hall, a few demons looking curiously your way.

"That servant was an angel," you murmur, leaning close enough for them to hear you.

"All of Jasper's servants are," Or replies matter-of-factly. "Shall we get something to drink? You look like you need it."
>>
No. 927282 ID: b1b4f3

...does this mean Jasper's eating of angels is more of a consensual thing...?
>>
No. 927283 ID: 10c408

>>927282
Considering what we know and how Jasper manhandled Eae out of the room, I very much doubt that.

These guys are most likely part of the staff/subordinates of the angel ambassador that Abaddon somehow convinced to basically fund his all-you-can-eat-buffet.

And if true I wouldn't be surprised at all if they're disgusted with what's happening but can't cut loose and spill the beans for one reason or the other.
>>
No. 927286 ID: e8b8f8

maybe have like ONE drink, the last thing you want to do is get shitfaced at the party of a dude who may or may not want to kill you. also jasper is a weirdo, who knows if he's putting angel blood in the wine or something.

can we look around and take stock of who's here? are there any angels around?
>>
No. 927288 ID: 70df1e

>>927282
is jasper holding you at gunpoint and making you say this. legitimate question we WILL save you

also lets get us a drink. and get or a drink. i feel like we're going to need drinks before the party even gets started.
>>
No. 927305 ID: 10c408

>>927288
...It's way too fucking early to start acting on unproven assumptions. We JUST got here, dammit. We don't have enough information about Jasper's evidently entirely angelic staff to do anything that bold and reckless.

We should bid our time and collect as much information as possible on pretty much everything Jasper related as possible, including his staff.

And then we should wait for an opportune moment (or make one when not at this party!) to act on it.

And hopefully we'll be a helluva lot more subtle than the end of the last thread.

(not saying that chasing Jasper was the wrong move, but we were super obvious about chasing and evidently abandoning him to Eae.)

As for what to do...

Honestly, just mention to Ornias that after what they've personally told you about Jasper's parties, you are mostly sure the drinks are quite heavenly in nature and thus you will not partake.
>>
No. 927412 ID: e119f3

drinks sound fun but like we might need to be able to think clearly here
>>
No. 927413 ID: 7bc8ec

One Drink
>>
No. 927449 ID: c0641d

We're staying dry tonight. This is purely a social attendance, and there are safer places to indulge in gluttony.
>>
No. 927577 ID: 7011e0

well the angel employee situation is kind of weird and i'm not a big fan

get a glass and whether we actually drink any of it or not remains to be seen. who's here?
>>
No. 927608 ID: c8452a

>>927577
Yup this
>>
No. 928340 ID: c1eaac
File 155417268611.png - (211.78KB , 700x600 , 30.png )
928340

"One drink couldn't hurt. I'll have whatever you're having," you tell Or, as the two of you enter Jasper's ballroom, though it remains to be seen if you'll actually drink your drink, or just hold onto it.

"Of course, dear," Or says, with a smile. "I'll get us both a little something. Stay right here, and I'll be back for you in just a moment."
>>
No. 928341 ID: c1eaac
File 155417269271.png - (81.60KB , 700x600 , 31.png )
928341

Or bustles off, and you take the opportunity to look around the room. You see a lot of angels in servant uniforms, mostly carrying plates of hors d'oeuvres. Apparently Jasper's staff really is all angels - you wonder if they're willfully complicit in these parties, or if they can't turn him in for some reason or another. Blackmail? It's hard to be sure.
>>
No. 928342 ID: c1eaac
File 155417270393.png - (167.60KB , 850x520 , 32.png )
928342

As far as demons go, there are a few familiar faces, as you continue scanning the crowd. You see Murmur and Azza having a lively conversation not too far off from where you've entered the room, which is surprising. You didn't know they were friends - or maybe more than friends, judging by the way Azza has his arm slung around Murmur's waist. Foxglove is also nearby, on the arm of a large demon in military dress who you don't recognize. Eligos doesn't seem to be here yet, but perhaps he'll be fashionably late?

A wave from the other side of the room catches your eye, and you glance over to see your half-brother Shax waving at you, accompanied by your half-sister Xezbeth. They might have brought dates, too, but you don't see anyone with them at the moment.

Aside from that, you...don't recognize a lot of the people here. You could always ask Or for a second opinion, since they seem more in touch with the latest gossip.
>>
No. 928343 ID: 2af340

wait for or to get back with your drinks and then go say hi to your siblings!!
>>
No. 928347 ID: 7011e0

wave back but stay put until or gets back, i don't want everyone to be separated for too long. let's go talk to our siblings first though!
>>
No. 928355 ID: 02e2dc

ask ornias for the hot gossip oooo

then go talk to your siblings first anyway, it's only polite!
>>
No. 928379 ID: e8c16a

siblings so we might have allies! just to cover our bases
>>
No. 928394 ID: c8452a

>>928343
Yup.

This suggestion couldn't possibly be biased.
>>
No. 928413 ID: e21b4e

oh siblings for sure!
>>
No. 928800 ID: c1eaac
File 155452347616.png - (144.10KB , 700x600 , 33.png )
928800

You wave back at Shax, but decide to wait for Or to come back before you make your way across the room to greet your siblings. Luckily, it isn't long before they're at your side again, pressing a flute of champagne into one of your hands.

"I thought you might want to keep your wits about you, considering where we are," they say pleasantly, with a little wink.
>>
No. 928802 ID: c1eaac
File 155452348925.png - (149.72KB , 700x600 , 34.png )
928802

You look up at them, studying their face for a long moment. "How much do you know about -"

"I know enough," they assure you. "I can't say I blame you for what you did, but I can't imagine Jasper is pleased about it, either. I was surprised you trusted me as your companion for the evening. Jasper and I have known each other since we were children, you know."

Huh. You didn't know that, actually.

"Are you suggesting I shouldn't trust you, Duchess?" you ask, politely enough.

"Oh, no, dear. Not at all." They stifle a laugh behind their hand. "Betraying a prince would be ill-befitting of my station. And besides, Camio likes you."

That isn't quite the answer you're expecting, but you'll take it.
>>
No. 928803 ID: c1eaac
File 155452352365.png - (197.87KB , 700x600 , 35.png )
928803

"We should go say hi to my siblings," you say, nodding towards Shax and Xezbeth. You're not exactly good friends with them, but it's only polite, and you want to be sure to cover your bases as far as allies are concerned.

"Oh, of course!" Or says, sounding delighted at the prospect of socializing. They take your hand in theirs again and practically drag you over to where Shax and Xezbeth are standing, taking long-legged strides that you struggle to keep up with.

"Hello, Shax, darling," they say, while you catch your breath behind them. "You're looking well."

"That's not a compliment I hear often! You're too sweet, Ornias." Shax laughs, the mouth over where his eye should be chittering and grinding its teeth. He has a plate of what looks like little teacakes in one hand, and is eating them with the other, slurping them up into a mouth he's manifested on his palm. It's kind of gross. He leans slightly to one side and looks around Or at you, all smiles. "Hello Glasya-Labolas! I didn't know if you remembered me."

"Of course I remember you," you say politely. Shax is only a few centuries younger than you, and Marax's twin brother. He's a marquis, not a prince, but he gets around the social circuit enough that you hear many, many things about him. Including the fact that he briefly dated Murmur, after Marax left for earth, and then dumped Murmur for Murmur's servant Andras. You think Shax and Andras are still dating, but it's hard to say.
>>
No. 928804 ID: c1eaac
File 155452354391.png - (131.74KB , 700x600 , 36.png )
928804

"You have a hard face to forget, Shax," Xezbeth says, wryly. She scans your face for a moment before offering you a small smile that somehow still manages to look unimpressed. "Hello, Prince."

"You can call me Glas. We're siblings," you tell her. You don't know much about Xezbeth, only that she's older than you, and she shares her estate with Shax. She - like your mother - seems to prefer keeping a low profile when it comes to court and other societal events.

"Glas, then," she says, sounding agreeable enough. "I must say, I didn't expect to see you at one of Jasper Abbadon's parties. What's the occasion?"
>>
No. 928806 ID: 70df1e

tell your siblings about the whole seeing jasper get eaten by an angel and then getting an invitation thing. chances are theyd find it funny and take your side later? also introduce or to your sister
>>
No. 928809 ID: 7011e0

well we met jasper at a party the other day and then he sent us an invitation to this one! it was super kind of him and definitely not an attempt to get us in a spot where he can take revenge
>>
No. 928811 ID: 2af340

introduce or!! and tell them we found out about japsper's secret vore kink
>>
No. 928812 ID: 270774

we don’t have to go into detail, but if we’re scoping for allies, you can admit that you’re pretty sure the reason you received an invitation tonight is because jasper is a little, uh, annoyed with you
>>
No. 928814 ID: 10c408

We should be deadpan and/or blunt here. A little honesty is gonna go a long way towards working the crowd

"To be honest, he and I don't see eye to eye on a particular matter. last week it got him into some trouble and I decided to leave him to sort it out himself.

naturally, he seems to blame me for it and I've accepted his invitation to cut any future problems he may cause off at the knees, if need be."
>>
No. 928815 ID: ffce6d

>>928812
haha yeah this. no need to go into too much detail
>>
No. 928827 ID: c8452a

>>928809
And introduce Or.
>>
No. 928830 ID: 0c162d

i think politely joking abt it / talking arnd it is def the way to go
>>
No. 929668 ID: c0641d

>>928814
Hah, nice; it's vague enough to avoid outright scandal but true enough that your siblings don't get the wrong idea. Also, don't let them make you hold up the entire conversation yourself; "Are you a frequent guest of ol' Jas's get-togethers yourself? I've heard things about the catering. What would your verdict be on that, judging by your experience?" Don't forget to arc an eyebrow with a probing look to really get across how circumspect the things you heard were.
>>
No. 930054 ID: f2320a

>>928804
We should be deadpan and/or blunt here. A little honesty is gonna go a long way towards working the crowd

"To be honest, he and I don't see eye to eye on a particular matter. last week it got him into some trouble and I decided to leave him to sort it out himself.

naturally, he seems to blame me for it and I've accepted his invitation to cut any future problems he may cause off at the knees, if need be."
>>
No. 930130 ID: c1eaac
File 155548266390.png - (156.74KB , 700x600 , 37.png )
930130

"Ahh, well," you say, and you don't have to try hard to sound a little sheepish. It's probably best not to tell Shax and Xezbeth the whole truth, if they don't already know, and hope that they'll side with you regardless. "Jasper got into some trouble at court last week, and I left him to sort it out on his own. I think he invited me here out of annoyance more than anything."

"Well, I'd be annoyed too, if you left me to be torn apart by angels," Shax says, a bit too loudly for comfort.
>>
No. 930131 ID: c1eaac
File 155548268459.png - (89.81KB , 700x600 , 38.png )
930131

"You would probably welcome being torn apart by angels, Shax. Don't tease him." Xezbeth's voice is stern, but her smile becomes a little more genuine as her gaze flicks back to you. "Don't worry, neither of us is particularly fond of Jasper, either. Shax is a gourmand, and I'm accompanying him as his plus one to ensure he stays out of trouble."

"Neither of you brought dates?" you ask. You know next to nothing about Xezbeth's romantic prospects, but surely Shax has his pick of friends and lovers to bring.

"My romantic situation is...complex," Xezbeth says, with forced diplomacy. Or makes a noise behind you, under their breath, and you resolve to ask them what she means later.

"Andras didn't feel up to running into Murmur or any of his friends," Shax chimes in.

"Smart of them," Or says, again under their breath.
>>
No. 930132 ID: c1eaac
File 155548270321.png - (213.55KB , 700x600 , 39.png )
930132

"Ah," you cut in, remembering your manners. "Xezbeth, have you met Duchess Ornias? They're my date for the evening."

"I have not," she says, offering Or her hand. "Though I know their cousin Eligos well. He speaks highly of you, Duchess."

"Does he? That's a surprise." Or laughs, and takes Xezbeth's hand, kissing it briefly before returning it to her. You're a little awed by their charm, and how easily they integrate themself into conversation with strangers, like everyone is an old friend they've known for centuries.

"Have you and the duchess been courting long?" Shax asks softly, sidling up next to you to watch them and Xezbeth chat. "I hear they're a hard one to pin down, if you're thinking of marriage. Or are you just trying to fuck them?" You look up at him sharply, and he laughs, raising his hands as though trying to pacify you. "No judgement, of course! I'm just curious."

"I'm not sure," you say, and you just barely have time to think that maybe that's something you should be considering before the angel by the front door is announcing a newcomer to the party.
>>
No. 930133 ID: c1eaac
File 155548271346.png - (103.19KB , 700x600 , 40.png )
930133

"Duke Eligos Bathinson," they say, and you and Or both snap your attention to the door. You see Eligos there, sporting a new hairstyle and much more casual clothes than he was wearing to court. He looks good. He probably doesn't see you, since you're far in the back of the room, but maybe you should talk to him?

"Did he bring a date?" Or asks, craning their neck to see.
>>
No. 930134 ID: c1eaac
File 155548273647.png - (106.43KB , 700x600 , 41.png )
930134

"And Prince Marax Hethson," the angel at the door goes on. The noise in the room falls significantly, and you get the distinct impression that all hell is about to break loose.

"What the fuck?" You hear Murmur say, from the front of the room.

"Oh, boy," Xezbeth says under her breath, behind you.
>>
No. 930138 ID: 70df1e

team huddle with or, eligos, and xezbeth. murmur is going to start shit because im like 100% thats his ex that left him at the altar that he mentioned at the last party and shax is in xezbeth jail so we should figure out how we want to proceed very fast like
>>
No. 930142 ID: 3f3f1a

YEAH MAKE A PLAN or if it seems to be a scene can u excuse urself from the ballroom temporarily and quickly,
>>
No. 930145 ID: c8452a

"What the fuck." But under your breath. Maybe it would be fun to constantly stay very far away from the splash zone of whatever drama is about to happen.
>>
No. 930149 ID: 10c408

....Okay seriously JUST exactly how many people know what happened to Jasper? It's imperatively that we determine this information.

But that's for later. Right now... Fuck's sake, Eligos.

"I do believe we should make ourselves even more scarce."

Do not get involved. Try to stay in earshot if you can but don't get involved.
>>
No. 930159 ID: 270774

yeah, let’s just make a game of it. try to stay close enough to be in earshot, but far enough away that you won’t get spotted or dragged into things. i’m sure or is going to love that plan, too
>>
No. 930747 ID: 26262d

eligos bitch
>>
No. 931560 ID: f950b0
File 155666061871.png - (122.32KB , 700x600 , 42.png )
931560

"What the fuck," you echo under your breath, watching Eligos sweep into the room with Marax on his arm. God, when was the last time you even saw Marax? Probably before you stopped going by Princess and started going by Prince, if you had to guess. Definitely long before his wedding, or lack thereof.

You need...a strategy. That's what you need. One that will keep you, Shax, and Xezbeth out of the crossfire, since someone here (you'd be surprised if it wasn't Murmur) will surely recognize the three of you as Hethsons and try to drag you into this whole mess. And also one that will let you keep an eye on things, mostly for Or's sake. They sounded earlier like they wanted to see what would happen between Eligos and Murmur.
>>
No. 931561 ID: f950b0
File 155666063262.png - (174.26KB , 700x600 , 43.png )
931561

"We should probably make ourselves more scarce," you say to the group at large, in a voice that definitely communicates how super not-panicked you are. You are't surprised to see Xezbeth and Shax looking roughly as uncomfortable as you feel. Shax dated Murmur fairly soon after Marax left him, so...that's about right. "Unless you think your cousin needs assistance, Or?"

"Oh, no. Eligos dug this grave for himself, and now he has to lie in it," Or says brightly. "We can go wherever you like, darling."

Well. That's settled, then. You'll have to grill Or more about why Eligos and Murmur are fighting later, but for now, it's time to make your escape.

"I hear Jasper's garden is lovely," Xezbeth says, with a pointed sort of look at two nearby doors with large glass panes set into them, that clearly lead out onto a patio. You - and the rest of the group - decide to take her hint, moving towards them just as you catch a glimpse of Murmur moving towards Eligos in the crowd.
>>
No. 931562 ID: f950b0
File 155666064719.png - (278.86KB , 700x600 , 44.png )
931562

You escape out onto the patio, and instantly feel like you can breathe a bit better. Very few of the party guests seem to be out here, and it really is quite nice. The grounds of Jasper's estate are spread out before you - a stone path leading through a lavish garden, and beyond that, an elaborate looking hedge maze. You're not terribly surprised. Hedge mazes have risen in popularity among noble demons in the past few centuries, and are considered a good place to conduct covert affairs.

Now that you're more or less alone, it seems like a good time to address the elephant in the room.

"So," you say carefully, leading the group onto the path. Might as well walk and talk. "How many people know what happened with...me and Jasper, at court?"

"Hard to say," Shax replies. "Xezbeth and I heard from Andras, who heard from a servant of the king's. I don't think Jasper told anyone else, if that's what you're worried about. You probably humiliated him by not helping. It's pretty funny, really."
>>
No. 931563 ID: f950b0
File 155666067744.png - (128.20KB , 700x600 , 45.png )
931563

As Shax talks, you slowly become conscious that someone is watching you from the entrance of the hedge maze. An angel. They aren't wearing a servant's uniform - in fact, they're dressed more like a party guest than anything else. Maybe they're here undercover, but if that's the case, why is their halo showing?
>>
No. 931566 ID: 7011e0

well it's good not EVERYONE knows i guess... anyway does anyone know this angel. or why they're here
>>
No. 931569 ID: 70df1e

hey we were concerned about jasper telling demons but what about jasper telling angels? i mean id assume therye cool with it on account of eae doing the attacking, here, but that angel over this is giving us a Look (tm) if i am not mistaken and i dont like that one bit
>>
No. 931582 ID: 2af340

be nice and say hello! :)
>>
No. 931583 ID: 10c408

Hoo boy. There's three possibilities and all of them are worrying.

One: That's the angel diplomat who is pulling strings to fund Jasper's "all you can eat" angel buffet.

two: He's the main course for Jasper's meal tonight.

three: He's neither of the above. Most likely, he's too important to simply disappear.

We need to find out which is true and we have to be lowkey about it.

So, with that in mind.

Clam up, immediately or change the subject back to Eligos and Marax. Take the little group a ways down the path, then suggest splitting up.
>>
No. 931602 ID: 02e2dc

ask your pals if they know that angel

also ask them if they know why eligos is trying to start shit (i assume?) by bringing marax. does he have a bug up his ass about us pulling rank on him or is he just doing it for ~THE DRAMA OF IT ALL~
>>
No. 931603 ID: 02e2dc

also ask what or thinks about ~THE DRAMA OF IT ALL~ we need that sweet demon court gossip
>>
No. 931611 ID: cb754e

>>931602 this! last thing you need is to get separated from these guys and become angel chow. point out the angel to the group!
>>
No. 931614 ID: 190147

deeeefinitely do not approach the angel on your on, ask your friends if they know them and maybe wave at them?
>>
No. 931763 ID: c0641d

"I spy with my little eye... either one soon-to-be unfortunate or one that could very well be enabling the misfortune. Frankly, this curiosity is eating me alive." wink, nudge "Should we introduce ourselves?"

If Eligos is trying to start beef with Murmur, I think he should be comfortable with explaining why himself, at a less volatile time.
>>
No. 932701 ID: f950b0

i posted this in the disthread but idk how many people really check it so! i updated the wiki page on hearts goetia with pretty much everything you guys have learned about every single character so far. i figured it would be easier to have a dedicated info hub than expect you guys to do a bunch of backreading to remember certain gossip/facts.
https://tgchan.org/wiki/Hearts_Goetia
>>
No. 932755 ID: f950b0
File 155778179961.png - (79.51KB , 700x600 , 46.png )
932755

"Not to change the subject," you say, leading the group down one of the garden pathways, "but does anyone know why Eligos brought Marax? Or, you mentioned earlier that Eligos and Murmur were fighting, but..."

"Oh, they are," Or says, looking positively delighted about getting to dish some hot gossip. Their voice is lowered conspiratorially, which is fine, because you're still concerned about that angel that was watching you. Luckily, your group is about to go through a long tunnel made of leaves and flowers grown over a series of metal archways, which should hide you from view for a moment.

"I thought they were close friends," Shax says. His good eye is shining, like his interest is piqued. You can't blame him - court drama is pretty fun to hear about.

"Of course they are, dear. They just don't see eye to eye on a few things," Or replies sweetly. "For one thing, Murmur is one of the few people in our social circle who actually likes Azza. I don't think Eligos was happy when he announced his intention to bring Azza tonight. So naturally, the only acceptable response was to bring a date Murmur would hate just as much."

"But Marax hasn't been back to Hell in years," you say, still a little surprised that Marax really turned up here, on this night. It seems improbable. Then again, so does the fact that you showed up with Ornias Bathinson on your arm.

"He and Eligos are friends," Xezbeth says, before Or can answer. "He probably did it as a favor. Eligos visits Marax on Earth sometimes, and lets Shax and I know how he's doing. Not that we care."
>>
No. 932756 ID: f950b0
File 155778181657.png - (233.18KB , 700x600 , 47.png )
932756

You're finally deep enough in the tunnel that you're sure you aren't being watched, and you stop walking, earning yourself odd looks from the rest of the group. You don't want to linger in here too long - someone else might come through, or the angel might get suspicious - but it's good enough cover for a brief, private conversation.

"Did anyone else see that angel watching us out there?" you ask.

Shax shakes his head, though he looks curious. Xezbeth frowns slightly, and Or looks a little confused.

"What angel?" they ask.

"Short, chubby, big braid going down their back?" You gesture vaguely with your hands to try and indicate what you mean. "Wearing a cape?"
>>
No. 932757 ID: f950b0
File 155778183321.png - (245.07KB , 700x600 , 48.png )
932757

"That sounds like Suriel," Or says, recognition suddenly sparking in their eyes. "They're Jasper's head servant, I think, or something like it. They help organize his parties."

"I thought they were just his lover," Xezbeth says, arching an eyebrow.

"I heard they were an undercover spy sent down to get dirt on him," Shax says, quite confidently. "And he's bribing them to make them stick around as his bodyguard, so no other agents of Heaven can get to him."

You, Xezbeth, and Or all stare at Shax for a moment. It's not exactly the most outlandish thing you've heard of a demon doing, but it would be...pretty ballsy for a demon of Jasper's relatively low standing to try and bribe (or even blackmail) an agent of Heaven into working for him. That's definitely not an offer most angels would accept.

Still, if Suriel really is Jasper's bodyguard...you might be in some trouble.
>>
No. 932758 ID: 7011e0

well even if they're his head servant, it's still probably bad they're out here staring at us instead of running the show with the other servants... another reason to keep on our toes
>>
No. 932762 ID: 2af340

look over your shoulder
also, ask for some goss on azza!
>>
No. 932770 ID: 10c408

Note to self, learn how to sketch portraits on the fly. A little bit of near-exact drawing of basically anything important can go SO FAR with all the subterfuge and intrigue we're getting caught up in lately.

And as far as Suriel goes... Well, we brought Arty's feather and the dagger for a reason. (second note to self, self defense lesson from Camio would be nice.)

That said... Keep gossiping and moving through the garden. Direct everyone to a more open area so that you can keep a better eye out on things.
>>
No. 932807 ID: 70df1e

Keep one hand on arty's feather and be ready to use it just in case Suriel starts following even more into the garden!

Also with so many conflicting accounts of what they do, maybe they just do... Everything? A head servant who kisses a man and take a bribe. Or maybe its all gossip except for the servant bit, because I can't think of any other reason they'd be at this party. Still, worth keeping an eye on.
>>
No. 932841 ID: 7e9c89

make certain to stay with a group! or at LEAST your date. could be dangerous..
>>
No. 932869 ID: c0641d

Exercise healthy observation of your surroundings as you continue:

"Well, to be honest, clearing up some of my confusion regarding the nature of Jasper's angel compatriot is one of my motives for coming here. I mean, wouldn't you want to know what the deal is with an angel associating themselves with a demon surrounded by such, ah, choice rumors? Simply knowing her name and gender now can already be considered a small victory, in fact. But of course, that alone is small potatoes - stuff you could have told me about (and did). If anyone is up for some tailing... but ah, let us not talk of such skullduggery. As we leave the privacy of this arbor, shall we continue making thinly veiled mockery about Azza?"
>>
No. 933562 ID: c1eaac
File 155841007630.png - (277.55KB , 700x600 , 49.png )
933562

"Well, perhaps they just do everything," you say, mostly joking - but still quietly unsettled by the way Suriel seems to be keeping an eye on you. At least you have options, when it comes to protection.

You lead the group out of the tunnel and back onto the path proper, winding through the garden and idling your time away until it's safe to go back in. Or until dinner starts, you suppose. You try to watch Suriel surreptitiously, but they haven't moved from their post at the entrance to the hedge maze.

"Tell me more about Azza," you say, eager to change the subject now that you're somewhere you can be seen and heard. "I'm afraid I don't know him very well."

"Well, he's old money, but he's never attached himself to any suitors for long. If you ask me, I think his older sibling steals most of them away for sport. And because they're quite pretty," Or says, quick on the draw as usual when it comes to gossip. "He and Eligos have been courting the same pair of humans for a while, now, and it's turned into a bit of a rivalry. One of the humans favors Eligos, and the other favors Azza, but neither of them will make a choice because they favor each other most of all. It's all very dramatic."

Or sighs happily, then glances over to Xezbeth. "I'm surprised you hadn't heard about that, Xezbeth dear. I'd have thought that you and Eligos could commiserate, when it comes to dating humans."
>>
No. 933563 ID: c1eaac
File 155841008540.png - (166.94KB , 700x600 , 50.png )
933563

Xezbeth makes an offended noise in her throat, and looks as though she's about to snap at Or, but is cut off before she can even begin by a loud BANG. It's the door to the patio slamming open, and you realize with dismay that Murmur is the one who opened it. He looks a mess - hair in disarray, wine on his shirt - and you find yourself wondering how so much could have happened to him in such little time.

"ORNIAS," he says loudly, spotting the group you're with. "YOUR COUSIN IS A REAL SON OF A BITCH."
>>
No. 933565 ID: c1eaac
File 155841009709.png - (163.10KB , 700x600 , 51.png )
933565

Or grimaces, looking extremely put out.

"I should handle this," they say, beginning to politely disentangle themself from the group. "I don't think it will take too long. Glas, you're welcome to stay with your siblings -"
>>
No. 933566 ID: c1eaac
File 155841012757.png - (58.68KB , 700x600 , 52.png )
933566

Just out of curiosity, you glance back at the hedges, towards Suriel. They're gone. You catch a glimpse of their cape trailing away, farther into the maze.
>>
No. 933568 ID: 7011e0

okay we are /not/ going to follow suriel into the murder maze because that would be a terrible idea. let's stick with our siblings please
>>
No. 933569 ID: 70df1e

go with or!! they're our DATE!

also i really want to see the drama. what happened to you in all of fifteen seconds murmur. i want answers. blease
>>
No. 933570 ID: 10c408

Honestly? Either go with Or or don't and stay with your siblings.

Above all else we should NOT follow Suriel into the hedge maze.

Also if at any point Murmur starts bitching about your family, just smack talk Marax.
>>
No. 933572 ID: 2af340

murder maze tempting......
to be fair the last time we followed an angel didn't turn out great (for jasper)
>>
No. 933574 ID: 10c408

>>933572
He got better, though.

And we're still trying to figure out what else happened that night.
>>
No. 933591 ID: 3272af

gotta stick w or!
>>
No. 933593 ID: 869963

GO WITH YOUR DATE
>>
No. 933604 ID: c0641d

They're your date, let them decide. "Well, you are my date. It would be unseemly to abandon you at such a difficult moment... Unless you think it would go smoother without me and my siblings. Shall us Labolases three make ourselves scarce in the hedge maze in the meantime?" (Siblings seems the least interesting option, but combining them with tailing the angel seems much safer than going in on our own.)
>>
No. 933615 ID: c7f906

>>933574
For all you know they were fooling around. In fact that should be your alibi.

Go with your date into the lion's den.
>>
No. 936666 ID: c1eaac
File 156110590377.png - (225.23KB , 700x600 , 53.png )
936666

"I'd rather go with you, Duchess. You are my date, after all," you say smoothly, taking Or's arm. You're a little more invested in knowing just what happened to Murmur than you are in following an angel into a maze, mostly because of what happened the last time you followed an angel anywhere.

"That's very sweet of you," Or says, with a long-suffering sigh. "I suppose we'd better go and keep Murmur company, then. Xezbeth, Shax, we'll catch up with the two of you later. Please don't feel obligated to wait on our account."

"We won't," Shax says, looking suddenly eager to be literally anywhere else. You can't say you blame him.

Xezbeth smirks, already pulling Shax along down the path. "Offer the duke my condolences for having to deal with Marax, will you?"

Murmur huffs, tapping his foot impatiently as the seconds tick by without anyone addressing his problems.
>>
No. 936667 ID: c1eaac
File 156110593278.png - (283.11KB , 700x600 , 54.png )
936667

"Murmur, dear," Or says, instantly affecting a gentler tone and a more sympathetic look as they tug you over towards the duke. You're impressed by how quickly they can change their whole attitude like that, but you suppose they're used to dealing with Murmur when he's like this. "What exactly did Eligos do? Surely it can't have been that bad."

"He brought Marax here," Murmur grumbles, sullenly.

"Well, yes, but you brought Azza, and you know how Eligos hates Azza," Or says. "Did you pick a fight with him?"

"Of course I picked a fight with him!" Murmur snaps, sounding awfully petulant. "He came over to say hello and, you know, flaunt his date, and I challenged him to a duel."

You think to yourself that challenging someone to duel because they brought your ex to a party seems like a bit of an overreaction. Neither you or Or gets a chance to express this sentiment, because Murmur is still talking.

"Eligos said that he wouldn't duel me," he continues. "Like the coward he is. All, 'I would hate to turn this party into a pissing match, Murmur' and 'you and I both know you can't swing a sword, Murmur'. What a prick."

"You can't swing a sword," Or says, pointedly.
>>
No. 936668 ID: c1eaac
File 156110595341.png - (336.18KB , 700x600 , 55.png )
936668

"Anyway," Murmur goes on, like he didn't even hear them, "I said that it was funny he'd brought a date to Jasper's, because I'd have thought he would want to find a date here. Considering his propensity for fucking both angels and servants."

Or is silent for a long moment, their gaze a little more calculating than it was before. You can't blame them - Eligos is their cousin, and they must feel a little more charitably towards him in this situation. It certainly sounds like he kept a much cooler head about things than Murmur did.

"And then?" Or asks, gently.

"And then I told Marax all about how his date has been fucking Heaven's diplomats-in-training," Murmur says, a little smugly.
>>
No. 936669 ID: c1eaac
File 156110597338.png - (269.23KB , 700x600 , 56.png )
936669

You glance up to Or, wondering if you should be startled by this information, because you kind of are. The diplomats-in-training are all around your age, so it would be fine for Eligos to court them otherwise, but angels tend to be pretty naive about Hell and demonkind unless they travel here on the regular. And Eligos is known to host diplomats, plus he has a brother who is a diplomat for Hell...it all seems very messy. Or doesn't look surprised in the slightest, though.

"And then?" they ask, again.

"And then Eligos threw wine on me, like a son of a bitch," Murmur reports. "And then I came out here."
>>
No. 936670 ID: c1eaac
File 156110599976.png - (187.64KB , 700x600 , 57.png )
936670

"You really shouldn't have said that to him in front of everyone," Or says. They still sound a little sympathetic, but much less so than they did before. "How would you like it if I went inside and told the whole room that you've been making time in your day to see Diplomat Ophiel?"

Murmur cringes, glancing towards you. "Ornias, we shouldn't -"

"Everyone in our tea group sees angels on the side, Murmur, and we have an agreement to keep each others' secrets," Or says, a little dangerously, letting go of you and taking a step towards Murmur. "You're lucky Eligos didn't do worse than spill his wine on you. Besides, I'm sure you two will make up soon." They straighten up, all smiles again. "Until then, you ought to keep me out of it. I have a date to entertain, as you can see."
>>
No. 936671 ID: c1eaac
File 156110601521.png - (134.57KB , 700x600 , 58.png )
936671

Murmur opens his mouth to protest, but Or is already dragging you back inside, where you can guess he probably won't follow after being humiliated. As the door swings shut behind you, Or eases an arm around your waist, steering you to a quieter corner of the room.

"I'm sorry you had to see that," they say brightly. "I did try to spare you from it. Now, do you want to try and meet up with your siblings again, or shall we go somewhere else?"

You gape at them, still processing everything they and Murmur just said. There's a lot happening right now, and Or expects you to make a choice, just like that?

> Find Shax and Xezbeth.
> Talk to someone else.
> Suggest going somewhere private.
> Something else?
>>
No. 936672 ID: c1eaac

special thanks to alyssa for collab-ing with me on this update :3
>>
No. 936674 ID: 7e9c89

S...SUGGEST GOING SMWHERE PRIVATE. IDK IF THEY MEAN IT LIKE THAT BUT THEY'RE PRETTY and everything is abit overwhelming rn
>>
No. 936680 ID: 73c479

there is a LOT going on here. i'm for going somewhere private (not necessarily Like That, though, hey, why not-) i just think we could use a breather. or we could scope out how the rest of the party is going (food? refreshments?) and maybe introduce ourselves to someone new. Foxglove?
>>
No. 936681 ID: 10c408

"Thank you, Duchess. But I can't avoid high society and it's intrigue for weeks at a time."

Ask Ornias about Ophiel.
>>
No. 936683 ID: b0b724

thanks alyssa

Somewhere private. It feels important that you know more about the clique you're involving yourself in but it's somewhat tiring as well. It'd be nice to just spend some time chatting about something pleasant with your lovely date.
>>
No. 937833 ID: c1eaac
File 156195263393.png - (205.37KB , 700x600 , 59.png )
937833

"A moment alone might be nice. Though I will try not to keep you too myself for too long," you say, chancing a sheepish sort of smile at Or. Everything is a bit overwhelming right now, and you feel like you could use a breather before going back out and talking to anyone else. Hopefully there's no harm in being honest about that.

"Oh, don't worry about that. I'm sure we'll be here long enough that hardly anyone will notice if you steal me away for a bit," Or says, with a tittering little laugh. "Let's find a sitting room before all the good ones are taken, shall we?"

They offer you their arm, and you take it gratefully, allowing them to lead you down a hallway in search of somewhere you can be alone together.
>>
No. 937834 ID: c1eaac
File 156195264342.png - (201.46KB , 700x600 , 60.png )
937834

"Who is Diplomat Ophiel?" you ask them, as you make your way down the hall.

"No one terribly important," Or says airily. "They're an older diplomat in charge of the class Eligos hosts at his estate sometimes. Murmur is rather smitten with them, though I'm under the impression they're both trying to keep their little fling under wraps."

Interesting. You think you saw Murmur with an angel at some point, but when did that happen? It's hard to recall. Maybe that was Ophiel - or maybe he's involved with more than one angel? Demons of his social status really do get around, but Murmur more than others. On account of the incubus thing. And the still-getting-over-being-left-at-the-altar thing.
>>
No. 937835 ID: c1eaac
File 156195265821.png - (130.14KB , 700x600 , 61.png )
937835

Before you can think of how to respond properly, Or tugs you into an apparently abandoned study, shutting the door behind them. Bookshelves line either side of the room, with a large, wooden desk as the centerpiece, set slightly towards the back wall. It's a nice enough study, if not a little dusty and clearly underused. You don't get the impression that Jasper is much of a reader.

"So," Or says, dragging the word out into a purr, and perching on the edge of the desk. They reach up and behind them to undo their hairpin, letting their hair cascade down around their face and over their shoulders as they regard you curiously, almost mischievously. You feel pinned in place by their gaze. "What else do you want to talk about?"
>>
No. 937837 ID: 2af340

😏
>>
No. 937846 ID: 70df1e

k...kiss...
>>
No. 937850 ID: b0b724

I was going to suggest you talk about Ornias anyway, get to know them, their hobbies, what they like. But it kinda seems like they don't want to use words necessarily...
>>
No. 937857 ID: 10c408

"To be honest, I was hoping to talk about you for a change. I am... Well, feeling very overwhelmed by court intrigue and have been wondering how you deal with the stress of it."

Try to not get smitten with countess Ornias. Absolutely fail at it.
>>
No. 937913 ID: 7011e0

oh no pretty demon
>>
No. 937949 ID: 02e2dc

sloppy makeouts???
>>
No. 938160 ID: 2bfdf5

OH NO THEYRE HOT AND IM GAY
UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH



thats. probably in character for glas actually
"i wanted to--get to know you better?"
>>
No. 938553 ID: ce39da

"I may not have been considering this when I expressed my desire to get a breather from the party."
>>
No. 940776 ID: c1eaac
File 156436895520.png - (115.70KB , 700x600 , 62.png )
940776

You feel very sweaty all of the sudden. There's no question that Or is very pretty, and you are very attracted to them, however much you may be trying not to become absolutely smitten. You're pretty sure that Or has never been formally courted by or engaged to anyone, so they probably aren't a solid marriage prospect, but...well. Marriage is the furthest thing from your mind right now, as it so happens.

"I - I wanted to get to know you better," you say, practically choking out the words.
>>
No. 940777 ID: c1eaac
File 156436897426.png - (211.18KB , 700x600 , 63.png )
940777

"Oh?" Or smiles at you again, stretching languidly. "Well, I do love to talk about myself. What would you like to know?"

"Anything," you say, perhaps a bit too eagerly. "Your hobbies. What you do when you're not at court. How you handle yourself so well when you are at court. The stress -"

"Is exhausting, I know." They titter out a little laugh. "Most of my time at home is spent relaxing, when I'm not hosting parties. I spend time with my lovers, let myself be doted on by my staff...sometimes I go boating or swimming in the lake between my and Eligos's estates."
>>
No. 940778 ID: c1eaac
File 156436898666.png - (167.45KB , 700x600 , 64.png )
940778

You try your best not to picture Or in a bathing suit, but it's happening anyway. You are so fucked.
>>
No. 940779 ID: c1eaac
File 156436900763.png - (159.63KB , 700x600 , 65.png )
940779

"I didn't know you and Eligos lived so close to each other," you say, latching on to what seems like a safe topic of conversation.

"Oh, yes. Our servants practically all know each other. Mine are always sneaking across the lake to use his library. He told one the password in good faith, and now they all know it." Or laughs again. "I don't have very many books, so they have to find them where they can, I suppose."

"You don't read?" you ask.

"Not if I can help it," they say, with a shrug. "I have other things to occupy my time just as well. Eligos has his library, and I have my kitchen."

Right. You remember hearing that Or is something of a gourmand like Shax is, with the notable exception of only having one mouth to eat with. You've also heard the head chef in their estate is one of the best in Hell.

"The macarons you sent were delicious," you say, finally remembering to thank them for that particular gift.

"Aren't they?" Or asks, their eyes lighting up. "They're some of my favorites. You really must come for tea sometime, my kitchen staff makes the best little cakes and sandwiches. Of course, it will ruin all other tea services for you forever, but I think it's worth it."
>>
No. 940780 ID: c1eaac
File 156436902389.png - (108.52KB , 700x600 , 66.png )
940780

"I would love to accompany you for tea," you say, a little pleased to see Or so pleased and animated. They're somehow even prettier when they're talking about something they're passionate about. You'll have to remember to send them home with one of your calling cards.

"Then you must," they agree. "Now, are you going to kiss me or not? I've been waiting very patiently."

You feel yourself becoming even sweatier. You do very much want to kiss Or, but you have the sense that it might turn into something that will cause you to miss a great deal of the party, or to be walked in on in a compromising position. And you still have no idea where Jasper is, or where Suriel went. Do you feel comfortable getting intimate here?
>>
No. 940781 ID: 02e2dc

fuck it, smooch ornias
>>
No. 940783 ID: 2af340

you gotta kiss that Or!!!
>>
No. 940784 ID: 7011e0

remind or we are in a precarious position at this party BUT kiss them anyway
>>
No. 940790 ID: 10c408

Politely remind Or that you and Jasper aren't on the best of terms, so you'll take a little percaution first.

Put a chair under the doorknob. Then whirl around and snog the duchess already, Labolas.
>>
No. 940793 ID: 643d7e

personally i think or is more powerful than jasper like. look at them. kiss them and damn the consequences
>>
No. 940802 ID: 0a048d

kiss! kiss! kiss!
>>
No. 940809 ID: 44b1b5

Take some precautions against intruders first.
>>
No. 941555 ID: b5bc34

Tell them that you definitely shouldn't miss out on the party or be in such a precarious situation.

Obviously kiss them anyway.
>>
No. 941639 ID: 2ca8bd

Are you really gonna turn an offer like that down?
>>
No. 944614 ID: f46390

kill jasper first then kiss
>>
No. 944615 ID: 75cf31

we are not smart enough to not kiss. it's time for kiss
>>
No. 945692 ID: c1eaac
File 156930429118.png - (123.56KB , 700x600 , 67.png )
945692

"I'm in a precarious position here, you know," you say, moving quickly to prop a chair up under the door handle, so you won't be walked in on. "Jasper is probably looking to hurt me, or at least humiliate me, and I probably shouldn't be missing out on the party after being absent from court for a week."

"I know," Or says sweetly. "Are you turning me down?"

"I should," you tell them, quite frankly.
>>
No. 945694 ID: c1eaac
File 156930430771.png - (248.37KB , 700x600 , 68.png )
945694

Obviously, you kiss them anyway.

And you keep kissing them for...well, a while. It feels like a while, anyway. They're a very good kisser, after all. You imagine they've had a lot of practice. You can imagine some other things they're practiced at, as well, though you think you might like to save those for when you aren't hiding in a study at Jasper Abbadon's estate.

Just as you think that, you hear footsteps and voices approaching in the hall outside. It startles you so badly you jolt and knock the lamp off the desk.
>>
No. 945695 ID: c1eaac
File 156930432316.png - (70.96KB , 700x600 , 69.png )
945695

You swear and stomp the flames out before the carpet can catch properly, your face burning as Or giggles at you. Once the lamp is out, you're almost tempted to get right back up on the desk and keep kissing Or, but the voices in the hall give you pause. One of them is Jasper's.

"- where is Suriel, for that matter, anyhow?" he's asking to whoever is with him, polished shoes clicking against the marble floor. "I haven't seem them since this morning."

"I don't know, my lord," his companion - a servant, you assume - says. Their footsteps are much faster and closer together, like they're trying as hard as they can to keep pace with him. You hold your breath as they pass by the door, their shadows flickering through the crack under the door.

"Well, tell someone to find them. I want to know what in the world they were thinking, inviting that Hethson here."

"Marax, my lord?"

"No, I could care less about him. I mean the small one. The one who embarrassed me at court."

"I - I'm not sure what they were thinking, my lord."

"Neither am I, Lailah." Jasper mutters, his voice beginning to recede. "Though I should very much like to ask them."
>>
No. 945696 ID: c1eaac
File 156930434345.png - (166.18KB , 700x600 , 70.png )
945696

The voices trail off. You glance behind you to exchange a look with Or in the dark, and find them looking just as surprised as you feel.

"I thought Jasper invited me here," you say.

"So did I," they reply, frowning.
>>
No. 945697 ID: 70df1e

youre in danger! if jasper didnt invite you then its time to get the hell out - or honestly, step out, tell jasper you thought he invited you, apologize for stepping out of bounds, and get the hell out.

if he didnt invite you then suriel probably did, and angels can hurt demons as we saw. i mean, jasper got better, but still, dont want that happening to us

try to think of all these practical things and NOT get distracted by how good of a kisser or was and how much you want to kiss them again. FOCUS, GLAS
>>
No. 945702 ID: e7dcb0

You could flee... Or you could find Suriel first! I don't have any reason to believe that's a good idea, but if Jasper is peeved it can't be all bad to find out why this happened.
>>
No. 945717 ID: ce39da

We can surmise that if Jasper isn't in on this, that means one of two things.
1: Suriel wants you here for a reason that hurts Jasper. Likely wants to tell you something.
or
2: Suriel wants to do something EXTREMELY ILLEGAL to you, something even Jasper would balk at.

Quick question to self; is there something that can genuinely hurt an angel, like with a devil? Is the answer also "angel knife?" If so, I say absolutely go see what they want.

"Ornias, here's my card. If things go south, and I don't show up again by the end of the party, I want you to go home and summon me. I'm off to see an angel. Wish me luck."
>>
No. 945725 ID: 70df1e

>>945717

ok giving or our card is a very good idea but going off alone might get us killed. this is horror movie 101! dont separate the group!! dont do it!!!
>>
No. 945726 ID: 7011e0

WE GOT A KISS /AND/ VALUABLE INFORMATION hell yeah. okay so as it stands it's probably suriel who invited us and probably wants to fight us, so... consult with or on how to proceed?
>>
No. 945729 ID: 10c408

Alright. Big glaxay brain idea here. Ask Ornias if you can crash at her house tonight. if she agrees then you promise to bring her (and Camio if he's willing) to check out your own estate. (and hopefully deter/thwart any assassins or traps that are laying in wait)
>>
No. 945739 ID: 39958a

i. i kinda like asking ornias to crash w her. absolutely do not go off alone. maybe talk 2 jasper directly yeah
>>
No. 945871 ID: 2af340

+1 for sleepover with or!!
also, "apologize" for exposing jasper's vore fetish
>>
No. 945933 ID: 10c408

>>945871
It wasn't that much of a secret to begin with and we also didn't expose anything. We left him to die and he... didn't, somehow.
>>
No. 947614 ID: c1eaac
File 157177745978.png - (191.96KB , 700x600 , 71.png )
947614

Okay. Time to focus up on the problem at hand, and definitely not think about how much you wish you could go back to kissing Or. Even if you do really wish you could go back to kissing Or. Regardless, if Jasper didn't invite you here, that might mean trouble - or it might mean someone in his house is looking for an ally. You don't know a lot about Suriel, so it's hard to surmise if they want you here to help stab Jasper in the back, or if they want to do something much, much worse to you than Jasper ever could, maybe as revenge for you letting Jasper get mutilated at court.

It's a complicated situation to navigate, certainly, and there's a lot of ways to handle it - chief among them is to leave the party and not look back. But if you did that, you might never know who here has it out for you. Worse, you might never know if someone here needs your help.
>>
No. 947615 ID: c1eaac
File 157177747419.png - (185.26KB , 700x600 , 72.png )
947615

"What do you think it means, that Suriel invited me?" you ask aloud, wondering if Or might have some perspective you're sorely lacking. "Are they trying to get me in trouble? Or just embarrass Jasper?"

"That's a good question that I'm afraid I don't know the answer to," Or admits. "I don't know very much about Suriel. I assumed Jasper had invited you with some plan to embarrass you socially in some way, but apparently that isn't the case at all. I'm surprised he didn't even know you were on the guest list."

Huh. Or has a point. That is surprising, considering the fact that Jasper's the master of the house. He should have checked the guest list thoroughly beforehand, and seen your name. Which probably means that your name wasn't on the guest list - or at least, it wasn't on whatever copy Jasper saw. Which also means that Suriel was actively hiding the fact that they'd invited you.
>>
No. 947616 ID: c1eaac
File 157177748924.png - (113.62KB , 700x600 , 73.png )
947616

"Should I go and talk to Suriel?" you ask, desperate for a second opinion. "Or Jasper?"

"If you want to talk to Jasper, I'd be happy to come with you," Or says slowly, like they're thinking it over. They did mention earlier that they and Jasper have known each other for a long time, and they could probably help you smooth things over with him, if you needed it. "But I don't think I could help very much with Suriel, I'm afraid. I could come with you, of course, but they might not want to say anything too sensitive with another demon around, and I don't know anything about them at all. You'll probably want to find someone who they know, or someone they'll feel safe talking in front of. Another angel, maybe?"

That's certainly an option, you suppose. There's not exactly a shortage of angels around Jasper's estate. You could also talk with Suriel one-on-one - or you could chase down Jasper with Or first, and see if he has any ideas about what Suriel might want with you. That conversation's going to require some uncomfortable apologizing, maybe even groveling, but it might be worth it.

What will you do?

> Talk to Jasper with Or.
> Find someone to chaperone a meeting with Suriel.
> Look for Suriel alone.
> Something else?
>>
No. 947617 ID: 31ef66

if ppl vote for going to see jasper that's cool, but we could use arty's feather and have him come w us to see suriel, which is far more direct in my opinion
>>
No. 947619 ID: 70df1e

talk to jasper with Or! We can always go meet Suriel (with arty's feather) afterwards if we want - I think it's better to get more information first. I mean, this is Hell, and an ANGEL snuck us into this party, so chances are this is a trap. I do not trust it.
>>
No. 947626 ID: f46390

Talking to Jasper sounds good
>>
No. 947628 ID: ce39da

If Suriel is going this far out of the way to bring us here without Jasper knowing, that probably doesn't spell good things for Jasper, regardless of the details. Ask Or if it's okay to summon an Angel here and spend the latter half of the evening with them - it'd be rude to summon them just for business and no pleasure, after all. Also, asking Or would be considerate to Or's feelings (and also gives them the chance to tell us if summoning an outside angel to Jasper's party is a monstrously bad idea).
>>
No. 947781 ID: b787ea

i say save the feather, u might wanna summon arty later for... other reasons... and go talk to the angel on your own. good chance to practice stealth!!
>>
No. 948761 ID: d7f01b
File 157298134953.png - (129.17KB , 700x600 , 74.png )
948761

You decide that it's probably worth talking to Jasper before you backtrack to look for Suriel, and not only because you want to squeeze in a little more time with Or. Part of you smells some kind of trap, and you want as much information as you can get before you get anywhere near Suriel.

"I think I'd like to talk to Jasper first," you tell Or. "I actually know an angel who might come with me to find Suriel -"

"Oh?" they ask, their eyes suddenly bright with curiosity. "You know someone here?"

"Well, not here. Not yet, I mean. I brought his feather with me, just in case," you say carefully, reaching into your pocket to ensure Arty's feather is still there. Hopefully Or won't take offense to the fact that you brought it. "I thought Jasper might have it out for me, so..."

"Don't worry, darling, I would have done the same if I were in your situation. Or I would have just brought the angel with me on my arm in the first place." Or laughs. "It might have been worth it just to see the look on Jasper's face. Tell me about this angel of yours - who is he? He must like you very much, to give you a feather. Should I be jealous?"

"His name is Arariel," you tell them, a little hesitantly, unsure of how they might react. Demons are known for being jealous and possessive lovers, after all, but it's always hard to tell with a demon like Or. "He goes by Arty. We met at court the other day. Eligos introduced us."
>>
No. 948762 ID: d7f01b
File 157298136351.png - (144.30KB , 700x600 , 75.png )
948762

As soon as you say that, Or brightens in recognition, clasping their hands together.

"Oh, Arty! Yes, we're acquainted. I think he's a lovely choice to go exploring around Jasper's estate with. Jasper couldn't hope to touch him, at any rate."

You weren't exactly digging for Or's approval, but you have to admit, it's sort of nice to have their support. Especially when it comes to leaving them alone at a party to go off and try to solve a mystery with someone else. Then again, Or is a socialite, so it shouldn't be terribly hard for them to find ways of occupying themself while you're gone.

"We should try and catch Jasper before we lose him again," you realize suddenly, glancing towards the door. You can't hear Jasper's voice anymore, but chances are he's not far. He didn't sound like he was walking very fast.

"I suppose we ought to," Or agrees, tying up their hair up to keep it out of the way. They smile at you, looking awfully confident considering everything you've just discussed. You have to admit, it's heartening.

Or gestures towards the door. "Shall we?"
>>
No. 948763 ID: d7f01b
File 157298140880.png - (157.81KB , 700x600 , 76.png )
948763

You and Or slip out the door, letting your eyes adjust to the brightly-lit hall before setting off in the direction you last heard Jasper walking. It isn't long before you overtake him and the angel servant he's with, both of them giving you quizzical looks as you approach. Jasper smooths his over quickly, though, flashing you the same sharp-toothed smile you remember from the first time you met him.

"Prince Glasya-Labolas," he says, practically oozing charm. He looks much better than he did the last time you saw him - though you suppose he's had a couple of weeks to recover. "And Ornias. How nice to see you again."

"Oh, the pleasantries aren't necessary, Jasper dear. We all know you didn't invite Glas to this party," Or says, perhaps more blunt than you've ever heard them be before. There's still a smile on their face, though, and you get the idea they're enjoying themself very much. "In fact, he has some questions for you -"

"Lailah," Jasper says, turning to his servant. "Go and check on the kitchen, will you?"
>>
No. 948764 ID: d7f01b
File 157298142136.png - (100.09KB , 700x600 , 77.png )
948764

Lailah scurries off, looking almost relieved to be excused from whatever conversation is about to ensue. Jasper watches them go, waiting until they round a corner and slip out of earshot before he speaks again.

"Well," he says, his eyes narrowing at you, "I suppose you'd better ask your questions, then. Even if you did leave me for dead."

You blink, surprised to hear Jasper fold so quickly. Unfortunately, that means you have less time than you assumed to actually think of something to ask him. So...what are you going to tackle first?
>>
No. 948766 ID: 70df1e

apologize, tell jasper you thought vore was his kink
>>
No. 948768 ID: 19bc84

thank him for his invitation (even if he didn't give it) despite past incidents and uh. maybe ask him why some of his staff seem so interested in you? he'll probably deflect but it maybe he'll drop something
>>
No. 948769 ID: ce39da

“First, I’m genuinely sorry about leaving you there. The discovery was quite shocking, and I failed to see any way I could properly intervene in the heat of the moment. Second, overhearing you in the hallway just now is the first I’ve heard of my invitation not coming from you. We came forward hoping our own confusion would help you alight upon a suspect?”
>>
No. 948781 ID: 1686e6

what does suriel want with me?
>>
No. 948787 ID: 9dad72

PLEASE APOLOGIZE FORMALLY and gently ask about suriel. compliment the party and ask if your presence is still all right since he didn't actually invite you it seems like?? also date jasper. thank you
>>
No. 948802 ID: 3c1f7f

mention that vore is very chic on earth atm
>>
No. 948805 ID: b787ea

i agree with the suggestions to apologize to jasper. it may not be a sincere apology, but at least the formality might make jasper hate you slightly less. then pretend you dont know who invited you and ask if jasper knows who did?
>>
No. 948809 ID: 10c408

"From my perspective, you were dead and Eae was an assassin. And that's not getting into you defying Satan's commands the moment he looked away."

establish a position of strength.

"Actually, come to think of it what did happen after I left?"

I still believe we should have let Ornias use our calling card to teleport right out of Jasper's party, there's not much in the way of information about Jasper we can get directly from the source without spoiling that not only are we onto him, but we are kind of planning on weaning him off of his angel "all you-can-eat" diet
>>
No. 948826 ID: 70df1e

>>948809
i dont think we can wean him off his angel diet. dude has angels as servants. hes got angels for days. i mean idk if he EATS his servants but like. STILL. ITS WEIRD. I DONT TRUST LIKE THAT.
>>
No. 948827 ID: 10c408

>>948826
I was being a little vague about it, since there's quite a bit of information we just don't have yet, but I'm sure there's ways to shut down jasper safely. We just need to keep learning/discovering.

We could take the leeroy approach and try to stab him *right now* but considering he survived being ripped asunder by Eae, I doubt anything we do will stick until we know more about how to properly kill a demon.
>>
No. 949034 ID: c1eaac
File 157319523839.png - (252.92KB , 700x600 , 78.png )
949034

"I apologize for leaving you," you say, formally and not quite sincerely. Still, it's probably best to at least try to smooth things over with Jasper before you ask anything else of him. "I was...in shock, and I thought you were dead. I didn't see a way I could intervene without putting both of us in even more danger."

"You shut the door," Jasper says, acerbic. "You didn't even send anyone to help after you left. I had to drag myself out of there once the angel was done with me, and my neck had healed enough that my head wasn't about to fall off."

"Yes, but you can't say you didn't deserve it, Jasper dear," Or says sweetly, placing a hand on your shoulder and squeezing it in what you think is a gesture of support. "You eat angels so frequently, it was really only a matter of time before you found one that bit back."

Jasper snorts, looking unamused. "Spare me, Ornias. Just ask your questions."
>>
No. 949035 ID: c1eaac
File 157319526470.png - (130.99KB , 700x600 , 79.png )
949035

You get the sense that further apology won't get you anywhere with Jasper, and that perhaps his delicate ego needs some time to heal. Better to ask your questions and get out of here while the getting is good.

"I heard you say that you didn't invite me here," you say, watching Jasper's face carefully. "Do you know who did? Suriel, maybe?"

"You've met Suriel?" Jasper asks, looking more surprised about that than he looked when you said you overheard him in the hall.

"We haven't met," you clarify. "I've just heard about them. And I saw them in the garden, for a second."

"Well, I don't know for certain," Jasper says, with a sigh. "But I can't think of anyone else besides Suriel who would go to the trouble of doing something like that. Maybe my mother, but she never takes much interest in these parties, and I don't see a reason why she would start now."

You frown. "Your mother?"

"Abbadon, dear," Ornias says from your side.

Right. Jasper is the son of Abbadon, who - much like your own mother - is a bit of a recluse from courtly life. She supposedly shares his estate, but if Jasper's explanation is true, she must make herself scarce whenever he throws these parties. You have to admit, you also don't see a reason why Abbadon might invite you here, if she wants nothing to do with Jasper and his guests.
>>
No. 949036 ID: c1eaac
File 157319527954.png - (224.94KB , 700x600 , 80.png )
949036

"What does Suriel want with me?" you ask, changing your angle of attack ever so slightly. If the rumors are true, and Suriel is working for Jasper in some capacity, maybe he knows more about what motivates them than you do.

"I don't know," Jasper says simply. Your surprise must show on your face, because he follows it up with an ambivalent sort of shrug. "I really don't. They keep me on a need-to-know basis, where certain things are concerned. I suppose this was something they didn't think I needed to know."

Huh. It sounds like Suriel has a lot more power in Jasper's household than you've been assuming - or that they have some kind of relationship with him that goes beyond head servant or bodyguard. You have to wonder if they invited you here to pass on information about what goes on in his estate, or simply to embarrass Jasper in front of his guests.

"What is Suriel to you?" you ask, unable to help yourself.

Jasper smirks. "It's complicated."

You anticipate that he might say something more, but an elaboration never comes. In fact, it seems like Jasper doesn't have many answers for you at all. Still, is there anything else you might want to ask him, before you move on?
>>
No. 949058 ID: 618ac4

ask Jasper to help you locate Suriel. if anyone could find them, it would be him, right? and if theyre still in that hedge maze, he probably knows how to navigate it on account of actually living here.
>>
No. 949060 ID: ce39da

“Out of curiosity, how humane is the eating here? Do angels actually die because of this operation, or are you just taking pounds of flesh from the staff which happen to add up to one full “angel?” It would explain how you’re able to get a steady supply of the stuff, and it would certainly make me more willing to try come supper time, without nearly as much weight on my conscience. And how involved is Suriel?”
>>
No. 949098 ID: d7f01b

ask jasper where you might find his mom
>>
No. 949105 ID: b787ea

i agree with the previous suggestions... well, maybe? i am definitely also curious about the angel eating, but now may not be the best time to ask. maybe casually inquiring further about suriel (and abaddon ;3) before leaving is the best idea. and if suriel is more powerful in jasper's household than previously thought, maybe it's not a bad idea to ditch or for a bit and summon arty to go find suriel later...
>>
No. 949231 ID: c1eaac
File 157346024916.png - (222.56KB , 700x600 , 81.png )
949231

You think of a lot of things you might want to ask Jasper, including more about how his entire angel-eating operation works, but you're not sure that now is the best time to ask about that. Probably better to stick to questions he might actually give you the answers to.

"Is Suriel around? I assume they're involved with this party in some capacity, if they invited me," you say, deciding not to mention that you saw Suriel earlier. Maybe Jasper knows what they're up to right now - or what duties they should be doing.

"They should be around. I haven't seen them since earlier," Jasper says, with another shrug. "I don't think they would just up and leave, though. They tend to be invested in how these things go."

Interesting, that an angel would be so invested in a party where their own kind are butchered and eaten. You can't help but wonder what Suriel's stake in this whole thing is.

"Do you know where specifically they might be, dear?" Or asks, smiling sweetly at Jasper. Their hand is still on your shoulder, and it's comforting, if not a little distracting.

"Maybe in the garden? Sometimes they stay out there until I'm finished greeting guests, and dinner starts." Jasper glances back over his shoulder, towards the main hall, where you can hear the raucous noise of the partygoers. Unfortunately, he's just confirmed what you already know, but it's good to know that Suriel might still be out there. At least, until dinner starts. "They don't like drawing much attention to themself, or being treated like a common house servant by our guests."
>>
No. 949232 ID: c1eaac
File 157346027433.png - (190.12KB , 700x600 , 82.png )
949232

Interesting. You tuck the information away for later, and quickly decide to veer down a completely different track, before you leave Jasper.

"What about your mother?" you ask. "Abbadon? Is she home?"

"Oh, probably. She's upstairs, if she's anywhere," he says, sounding largely ambivalent. "I don't know what you'd want with her, though."

"Abbadon and Glas's mother are friends," Or says sweetly, and you have to admit, you have no idea if they're telling the truth or if they just pulled that one out of their ass. "He was probably just hoping to say hello and introduce himself. Weren't you, Glas?"

"Uh, yes," you say, hastily. Mostly you were just curious about what sort of demon could possibly raise someone like Jasper, but you're definitely not going to admit that out loud.

"Well, good luck getting ahold of her," Jasper says, with an amused sort of snort. "Are we done here? I'd like to get back to my party."

"I think we are," you say, surprised to find him looking to you for an answer. It's his estate, so technically he could just walk away whenever he liked. "Do you mind if I stay? I know you didn't invite me here, but..."

Jasper waves you off. "Do what you like. As long as you don't make trouble, it's of no real consequence to me."

"Really?" you ask, surprised.

"Oh, of course." He smiles, showing off his shark-like teeth. "Besides, if Suriel invited you here, they've probably got a plan for you. I wouldn't want to get in the way."
>>
No. 949233 ID: c1eaac
File 157346030573.png - (168.97KB , 700x600 , 83.png )
949233

You're taken aback by the answer, so much so that you can't get a response in before Jasper takes off again, walking quickly down the hall in the same direction Lilah disappeared off to. You watch him round the corner and vanish from sight, then glance to Or.

"That went well," you say, wryly.

"Better than expected, certainly," they say, offering you an encouraging smile. "What now? Are you going to look for Suriel? Or Abbadon?"

You frown, only just beginning to contemplate your next step.

> Return to the party.
> Look for Suriel.
> Look for Abbadon.
> Explore Jasper's estate.
> Something else?
>>
No. 949238 ID: 9dad72

Look for Suriel, but get some exploring in meanwhile?
>>
No. 949239 ID: 70df1e

i vote we summon arty and go find suriel. in that order, specifically, seeing as its pretty clear suriel intends to do us harm/humiliate us judging by jaspers reaction. summon arty BEFORE we separate from ornias - they said they knew him, so maybe theyd like to say hello
>>
No. 949249 ID: be8768

>>949238
>>
No. 949250 ID: 2eb4c3

>>949239
Seconded.
>>
No. 949255 ID: f46390

Abbadon ????? yes go
>>
No. 949307 ID: b787ea

yeah, i also vote for summoning arty before going to look for suriel. altho it is a bit of a shame to use up the feather for something so stressful ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ but maybe if things go well, he'll still want to hang around afterwards ;Dc
>>
No. 949319 ID: 0ce250

Just... return to the party. Summoning arty on the small possibility that he'll actually help us with whatever scheme suriel has cooked up instead of ducking out on it is a foolish, foolish move.


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason