[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]

Report completed threads!

[Catalog View] :: [Archive] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 934774)
Message
File []
Embed   Help
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, MP3, MP4, PNG, SWF, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 20000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 3634 unique user posts. View catalog

File 155953759841.png - (343.11KB , 1400x1050 , 1.png )
934774 No. 934774 ID: 482fee

It's been a while, here's the previous chapter: https://tgchan.org/kusaba/questarch/res/745119.html

Hey guys, I know you wanna tell me some shit, but be quiet first. I'm watching the vids.

INA Today: Iagn's 2nd Skip Continues to Deteriorate
Expand all images
>>
No. 934775 ID: 482fee
File 155953765492.png - (459.86KB , 1400x1050 , 2.png )
934775

"It's absolutely disgusting out here. After a standoff, Hegemony forces opened fire on civilian colonists in the border town Kabu-ra. The town has now become a warzone as Imperial forces are responding in overwhelming force to the unprovoked attack"

"It doesn't look any better for the people down here. We'll have more as the situation develops"

"Will you turn that shit off Ty? We're in the middle of a gods damned warzone right now!"

"What? I like to keep up with current events"

"How's this for current? We are about to ram a giant fucking asteroid filled with the worst space pirates this side of the Rim!"
>>
No. 934776 ID: 482fee
File 155953773215.png - (349.97KB , 1400x1050 , 3.png )
934776

"Really?! Where? I wanna see!"

"I dunno. Your intel said we are looking for a module right? Gives off very specific signals. Well the ship says those signals are coming from three very different spot. I got readings from the lower hangar, near the comms tower, and near what I think is a reactor."

"You think?"

"Bite me, there's a lot of energy bouncing around out here. Still we got only one boarding torpedo, you decide where it penetrates."

Sorry for the buzzkill, Rocket's all upset again. So I totally zoned out, what did she say about where to go? I don't wanna ask. She might get mad at me

>>
No. 934780 ID: 482fee
File 155953898873.png - (270.96KB , 1400x1050 , pause.png )
934780

Also a poll to see what the next side story should be. I got some ideas but committing to one will be pretty time consuming.

https://www.strawpoll.me/18101240
>>
No. 934786 ID: 094652

The armada is one hell of a distraction, but they will keep their reactor covered. Aim for the Comms and destroy their network!
>>
No. 934789 ID: 9876c4

Hanger means armed warships, almost certain to be a high enemy presence down there.
Reactor is the best place to hide something.
But I agree, we should hit the Comms tower, because we'll have a lot of fun controls and readouts, plus it may be defensible.
>>
No. 934791 ID: 0c516b

>>934775
Something tells me this is exactly where were going next.

>>934780
Tower is the easiest target. Hit fast and hard, and we might get some bonus pay out of this.
>>
No. 934807 ID: 9876c4

Also, remember your tactical BDSM.

Blade for chopchop hackety stabslash
Disposables, like lift or incendiary grenades
'Shotgun' for close range point-defense
Machinegun for general purpose oversaturation
>>
No. 934895 ID: 482fee
File 155975397532.png - (474.93KB , 1800x1050 , 4.png )
934895

Comms Tower is is!

Mmmmmyes. I like weapons. I got the shotgun, and I got the bombs. I think I got a machinegun. I gotta check our stock first...


"Hey Ty, that torpedo's only got room for three. Whose's coming?"


"Well clearly, I'm-a comin now. After all, I'm the known assassin in this here neck a space I do tell right."

"Oh no. I signed up for a fight. I'm coming."

"All I know is I'm coming. You will need my medical expertise."

"What expertise to you have?"

"More than you."

Looks like Civ Game won. Oh boy I hope this system I'm writing isn't busted to all hell

>>
No. 934897 ID: 0fae41

Oh hey, squad select time! For all these crewmates whose names I definitely remember. Yeees.
Let's pick... Janeway and the Hwaesi, who you definitely remembered to ask the name of.
>>
No. 934899 ID: 9876c4

>>934897
Toikani

Bee and the Hwaesi for me. This is a smash and grab, so we need maximum chaos.
>>
No. 934902 ID: ffd062

Go for Bee and MAKO. We have no idea how this might blow up, literally or figuratively, so we may want someone who knows hiw to patch up horrific injuries, or at least who knows how to handle a morphine pen
>>
No. 934916 ID: 1b5bd7

2 for the robot, 2 for Toikani, and 2 for Bee. Dammit were deadlocked again.
>>
No. 934921 ID: 9876c4

>>934916
Give it time, these situations attract tiebreakers like honey.

Poor Seela
>>
No. 934955 ID: b44f0c

>>934895
Will Guk be next or will you have another vote?

Also Mako and Bee.
>>
No. 935158 ID: 482fee
File 156001824570.png - (101.19KB , 1400x1050 , 5.png )
935158

I'll have another vote.

"MAKO, Bee, you're with me. Hey Rocket we're suited up! Launch the tube!"


That's Del's job! HEY DELMART!

Whaaaaat

Launch the boarding torpedo! Base of the Comms Tower!

Fiiiine.

"Hang on, what's this? Driller Error? Braking rocket misfire? Hey Del hold off on the"

What?

"FUUUUUUUUU"

>>
No. 935159 ID: 482fee
File 156001829104.png - (402.20KB , 1400x1050 , 6.png )
935159

"Ow fuck. Alright everyone alive? Not dead? Wher-ugh. Where are we?"

"Looks like a magazine, but most of the heavy ordnance is gone. I think we penetrated a lot deeper than intended."

"Really? How can you tell?"


"Well cause we're in a magazine silly. If these here pirates got two braincells to rub together they'd be smart enough to put all their highly explosive rockets deep enough into the asteroid so no enemy can hit it dontcha know."
>>
No. 935160 ID: 482fee
File 156001831230.png - (162.17KB , 1400x1050 , 7.png )
935160

Okay, we're lost then. Sorta. Just gotta figure out how to get back to the Tower.

Problem is I only see two ways up. One has a lot of rapid energy discharge like a gun fight's going on, and the other has a large spike in power. Like a reactor about to blow. Oh shit I hope it's not a reactor about to blow.

>>
No. 935162 ID: 094652

Do you have an engineer on your team? If so, go to the reactor and jerryrig it with some duct tape and a remote detonator.
>>
No. 935164 ID: 0fae41

You should go see about the single energy discharge instead of multiple small ones. Maybe they're charging a weapon and you can go stop it.
>>
No. 935187 ID: 9876c4

Sure, lets save our ammo.
>>
No. 935243 ID: 482fee
File 156010872476.png - (190.83KB , 1400x1050 , 8.png )
935243

:ty:"Right, this way!"

:bee: "Why are we heading TOWARDS the giant energy build up now?"

:ty:"We want to avoid getting bogged down in gun fights as long as we can! This way we can remain undetected for-oh shit."

:bee:"Looks like there's still a gun fight here too. Just with energy guns instead. Well that's a fine dandy-doo."

:mako:"Who are they? Cynysis goons?"

:ty:"Can't be, we're the first ones here. Everyone else is bogged down in that huge fight in the asteroid field."

:bee:"Well now could just be infightin'. I'm thinkin we should be exploiting that there quibble and get an inside man that knows where all the doohickeys are."

:mako:"Are you sure we should take a risk like that? They can easily just betray us."

:ty:"Well I don't think we have much option. Only way to go in is to start shooting."

:bee:"True enough. If I had a choice though there, I'd help the folks gettin shot since they aren't dumb enough to try and shoot at a reactor like that."

:Ty:"You can tell from here?"

:bee:"Well of course I can silly. I'm trained to spot all kinds of stuff that I can sabotage when I need to dontcha know."

:mako:"Might be safer to neutralize them all and just move on."

:bee:"Oh my, we got a tie here boss. Yer the tie breaker."

:ty:"Uh...."
>>
No. 935251 ID: 043951

Throw an unencrypted message to order both sides to not shoot at you. Then shoot the ones who shoot at you(r fake position).
>>
No. 935252 ID: 094652

Throw an unencrypted message to order both sides to not shoot at you. Then shoot the ones who shoot at you(r fake position).
>>
No. 935253 ID: 094652

Throw an unencrypted message to order both sides to not shoot at you. Then shoot the ones who shoot at you(r fake position).
>>
No. 935254 ID: 5da03e

>>935251
>>935252
>>935253

I fourth this course of action
>>
No. 935256 ID: 0fae41

It's quite tempting to just shoot them all, but Bee has a point. Focus down the ones defending that reactor first, then see if the other side keeps shooting.
>>
No. 935307 ID: 9876c4

Awww Yiss, the mugshots have made it in!

I'm not sure I agree with Bee, but I DISAGREE with Mako. No sense fighting battles we aren't paid for. And we're running blind without intel.

Let's defend the reactor too.
>>
No. 935617 ID: 482fee
File 156043682747.png - (144.03KB , 1400x1050 , 9.png )
935617

:ty:"Hey down there! Don't shoot just passing through."
>>
No. 935618 ID: 482fee
File 156043683885.png - (226.55KB , 1400x1050 , 10.png )
935618

:ty:"Welp now we know who to kill! Light em up Bee!"
>>
No. 935619 ID: 482fee
File 156043690235.png - (476.09KB , 1400x1050 , 11.png )
935619

:bee:"Well now, that went better than most my other jobs lemme tell ya. It's always good when the bad mothers are so easy to shoot."

:janu:"Heyoowa~ Thanks for the assist up there. Gar, say thanks."

:garit: "Hrmmn"

:janu:"Garit says thanks."

:mako:"I don't like this. How can you trust someone who would betray a bunch of backstabbers and cutthroats?"

:janu:"Got a name? What's ya doin here?"
>>
No. 935623 ID: 0fae41

"Name's Ty. We're trying to get to the comms tower. You guys locals?"
>>
No. 935635 ID: 773b7c

Better idea. They tell us who they are first since we went through the trouble of saving them. Find out why their supposed friends were risking total destruction to see them dead. I mean they shot a goddamn RPG at us, they were not playing around!
>>
No. 935644 ID: 9876c4

>>935623
Not sure why we'd keep it a secret.

We're not exactly friends, but we're also not military. We just want to a job and peace out. We need secure access to the Comms tower.

A route not under heavy fire would be ideal.
>>
No. 935650 ID: 094652

>How can you trust someone who would betray a bunch of backstabbers and cutthroats?
"I don't understand the question."
But yes, let them take point.

>What do
Tell them that you're on a simple snatch-and-grab. Once you have what you need, you'll leave. But first, we should patch this reactor so it doesn't explode before we can evacuate. After everyone's done here, maybe we can set it off.

Rig the bomb up so it will only detonate after it gets two confirmation signals from both captains.
>>
No. 936036 ID: 482fee
File 156071591923.png - (421.99KB , 1400x1050 , 12.png )
936036

:ty:"Hi there, name's Ty. Who're you? And why are your friends shooting you?"

:janu:"My name's Janu, this is Garit. Say hi Gar."

:garit:"Hrmmn"

:janu:"Don't mind him. And no, we aren't friends with them. We're a private company. Spinstorm pays us to retrieve stuff for them, we keep our mouths shut for a big payoff. Course this time they tried to pay us by shooting us, so none too happy. You?"

:ty:"Snatch and grab, we want something up top the Comms Tower."

:janu:"Oh? What's so special you'd risk a whole base of pirates to get?"

:mako:"Don't tell them Tybalt!"

:ty:"IFF Scrambler."

:mako:"dammit..."

:janu:"Ooooh that would do it. Well you're in luck. We're on our way up top to collect what we deserve from the boss of this rock. Captain Luca, the terror of the Astral Rim. And she killed one of ours now. Something else she needs to pay for."

:ty:"Sounds great. You go ahead, fix the reactor and set up that bomb you were planting."

:janu:"Bomb? Oh no no, we got no bomb, we just sabotaged the coolant system. The heat build up will ensure critical meltdown long after we're gone. Both of us. Come along, no need to be shy."

:tyuhh:"Uh..."

Wait so...does that mean no bomb? I thought there was a bomb. Didn't you say there was a bomb?

>>
No. 936041 ID: 9876c4

YOU'RE the only one who said you had bombs, albeit maybe the more personal, tactical kind.

Sounds like there's no conflict of interest. And again, we're severely outnumbered. Let's get to it.
>>
No. 936046 ID: 0fae41

>>936041
Actually...
Our employers are trying to capture the base intact. They could lose a lot of the disposable assets when the station goes kaboom. We should probably tell someone about this ticking time bomb. Y'know, eventually. After we get our IFF. And off the station. And perhaps paid. The comms tower sounds like it might have the right equipment for that.
>>
No. 936126 ID: 094652

Let's storm the comms tower, fleece the commander, tell our contractors there's a sabotaged reactor so they can fix it in time or retreat and let the asteroid with all the pirates blow up. Simple.
>>
No. 936388 ID: 482fee
File 156095684217.gif - (214.03KB , 1400x1050 , pause-again.gif )
936388

Welp I caught something bad. Update delayed until I can sit up for more than 5 minutes without bad things happening.
>>
No. 936418 ID: 9876c4

As barnacles upon your sanity, your physical health is of our utmost concern!
>>
No. 936835 ID: 482fee
File 156125361854.png - (359.41KB , 1400x1050 , 13.png )
936835

:ty:"Okay fine, we're going to the same place...so this Luca, would she be anywhere near our thing?"

:Janu:"Luca's a megalomaniac. Knowing the way she acts, she probably has all the most valuable stuff locked up in a safe under her desk or something."

:ty:"So you predict a fight."

:Janu:"That's putting it lightly. I expect a gods damned siege. Even if she didn't know we were coming, which she does, she'd have her place barricaded with the heaviest gear this rock has."

:bee:"So isn't it a bad idea to be takin' an elvator to the top?? She's gotta be expectin that and will have it covered with alla them guns she's gotta have eh?"
>>
No. 936836 ID: 482fee
File 156125363743.png - (325.22KB , 1400x1050 , 14.png )
936836

:tyuhh:"Uhhhh....what's Garit doin?"

:Janu:"Dammit Gar, why are you doing that here? Now?!"

:garit:"Mmmrnmm."

:janu:"I don't care if you feel bad she's dead! Mourn her later, and play with your toys AFTER we're off this rock."

:garit:"Mnnngrrrr."

:janu:"Doesn't matter if she offered, you stop this instant! Sorry about this."

:ty:"Does...this happen a lot?"

:janu:"Only when he loses a toy, the big baby."
Okay. I'm weirded out now. Wait, did she say something about an ambush?

:ty:"Wait did you say something about an ambush?"

:janu:"Yeah Luca's going to have this place locked up tighter than a Primogen's asshole. I was going to just let Gar do his thing, but GAR is being an uncooperative shithead."

:garit:"Hmph."

:ty:"Well we're dead unless we can form a strategy."

:janu:"Oh I'm sure I can get Gar to stop if I shame him enough. Barring that, we can just wait it out. That reactor still has some time left before it blows so we aren't in any hurry"

"Saber Team! Report in dammit! Report before I have your whole section purged!"


:janu:"Eh maybe not as much as I planned. Sounds like Luca's off on a tangent again."
>>
No. 936839 ID: 482fee
File 156125412618.gif - (162.41KB , 1400x1050 , 14p.gif )
936839

Update: Still sick as hell. I am getting more time to brainstom the sidequest though, so come over here and help me sort this out.

https://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/129715.html
>>
No. 936911 ID: 0fae41

Hmm, she can do that? We should probably pick up the phone. Let's tell her the reactor's making funny noises, then attack the comm tower while their forces are diverted to try and fix it.
>>
No. 936973 ID: 9876c4

Misdirection seems like a good call, as well as vacating any likely to be purged areas.
>>
No. 937228 ID: afe572

Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?
>>
No. 937285 ID: 482fee
File 156156347286.png - (173.04KB , 1400x1050 , 15.png )
937285

:ty:"Alright if no one else will do it-hi boss?"

"Steve? Steve is that you? Get closer to the console you're breaking up! Report!"

:ty:"Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?"

"Weapon's malfun-what?! Barsin you idiot! I felt that explosion from up here?! Did Janu reach your position yet? Is that...is that a hole in your chest?! Get Steve here and give me a gods-damn status report!"

:ty:"Shit uh...which one's Steve?"

:janu:"I dunno, you kinda mulched the rest of them. Can't tell which part belongs to who."

>>
No. 937298 ID: 9876c4

Use the tools you brought along.

Mako, which one has the most Stevish genetic profile?
Or if they still have implanted RFID's, do that instead!
>>
No. 937332 ID: c537d6

If you don't have a head, use an arm and make some excuse.

Tell her Janu split her forces and are trying tonlaunch a surprise attack from another direct. See if you can convince captain Luca to split her own forces.
>>
No. 937348 ID: 0fae41

Steve's dead, ma'am! I'm, uh, not feeling too good myself. Janu already blew through us, said something about heading to the ammo stores to rig an even bigger boom...
>>
No. 937827 ID: 482fee
File 156194749277.png - (63.88KB , 1400x1050 , 16.png )
937827

:ty:"Mako, which chunk is the biggest Steve?"

:mako:"The one without a head"

:ty:"Shit well I just gotta improvise. Ub-ji-uh hi! It's me Steve!"

"The hell is wrong with you Steven you sound like a rakthaw crawled in your throat and took a dump."

:ty:"I'm, uh, not feeling too good myself. See, Janu already blew through us, said something about heading to the ammo stores to rig an even bigger boom..."

"For FUCK SAKE! YOU! Fine! Fine. You! Take your platoon and take them down to C-Deck, ammo dump, watch for Janu, she tore through Steve's lot."

:ty:"Uh ma'am, does that mean I should-"

"Stay there! If Janu comes back, you stop her. Or I'll finish what she started! Luca Out!"
>>
No. 937828 ID: 482fee
File 156194754907.png - (276.69KB , 1400x1050 , 17.png )
937828

:Janu:"Wow I never heard Luca that strung up. I dunno if it was me or you guys that pissed her off more."

:ty:"Well thanks, just what I do. Oh and Mako helped."

:Janu:"Yeah, about that. She's not originally a synth is she? Are ya? Who are you?"

:mako:"I'm MAKO-VII"

:Janu:"Nah nah, that's a service designation. That crown. That's a Primogen Control Crown fixed with a Primogen Personality Crys-web Matrix. You were originally an organic, a person flesh and blood."

:mako: "Makes sense. I am based on the personality of a Hegemony officer."

:Janu: "Nah nah, if you were just some personality spooled up in a lab, you wouldn't need a Primogen Matrix. This is the complex stuff. And you are not gonna tell me it was put into an unaltered pleasure model. No way that was a mistake. Tell me who you really are? Primogen doesn't let just anyone take thier toys."

:mako:"I'm sorry I don't know what you're talking about."

:Janu:"Playin' dumb eh? Alright. Hey Ty, interested in selling your bot?"

:tyuhh:"Whoa wait how'd I get roped into this?"

:janu:"You're her boss. I wanna know. This little thing's got me curious. And I got a boss that likes curious things. How for the bot?"
>>
No. 937831 ID: 9876c4

She's an independent operative, and she's contracted to me.
IF you can talk her into jumping, we'll need 1.5x her salary as a lump sum so we can hire another medic. In Pirate space in a rush. Plus a 15K breaching fee and a kilo of jerky.

But if you two can't agree than no sale.
>>
No. 937897 ID: 9876c4

>>937831
It was late and I was tired. I think the idea was to ask for a slightly excessive amount so we could see how wealthy they were. Ty would probably want more jerky, too.

(Are there any Mako fans who want to tell them off proper?)
>>
No. 937929 ID: 094652

Do not incite a revolt among your crew while you are in a warzone.

Use the distraction now, plant some extra tripmines around here in case Luca wisens up to your diversion.
>>
No. 937974 ID: 0fae41

I am either unwilling or unable to arrange a transfer of contract while on an assignment, take your pick, and given her performance so far I would prefer to keep her in my employ. Discuss it with her later.
>>
No. 938208 ID: 482fee
File 156228298402.png - (262.43KB , 1400x1050 , 18.png )
938208

:ty:"Nuh-uh. She's an independent operative, and she's contracted to me."

:janu:"So what's the contract worth to ya?"

:ty:"While on the job? A lot more than you got. No sale. Drop it."

:janu:"That a threat?"

:ty:""Nah, just stating a fact. She's not for sale."

:Janu:"Ease up there big guy. Boss isn't the sort that takes rejection well ya know. If I go back with what you said, bad things might be happening later to ya."

:ty:""Now who's giving threats?"

:Janu:"Not a threat, I'm telling ya straight cause I like you. My boss takes this stufff very personally. He's gonna want to know how that bot works, and he'll move planets to get it."

:ty:""I'll deal with it."

:Janu:"You sure now?"

:ty:""Very."
>>
No. 938209 ID: 482fee
File 156228302837.png - (367.83KB , 1400x1050 , 19.png )
938209

:Janu:"Okay, I said what I gonna say. Keep it."

:ty:""That's it? For real?"

:Janu:"Yep, I'm done, GAR! Spit that tit out and set up charges. Don't want no one following us!"

:mako:"Uh, thanks boss. I don't think I wanna know what her boss would do to me."

:ty:""Hey, you're my crew, we look out for each other."

:mako:"Still, Janu bought up a good point. I don't know about all this stuff about Primogen, or control crowns. I'd like to find out what this is. Will you help me with that?"

:Janu:"Ty! We're goin up. Get your crew ready, cause shit's going to get crazy up top."
>>
No. 938215 ID: 9876c4

This is fine. This will all be fine.

MAKO, this may shock you, but I'm not an engineering whiz. If you can ask Rocket and Del, and find us something concrete, we'll see.
>>
No. 938246 ID: b1b4f3

Hmm, her boss wants to find out, we want to find out, she wants to find out. How about a counter-offer? We figure it out, and when we do we'll tell her boss.
>>
No. 938255 ID: 0fae41

You've got to have a user manual somewhere, right? It's definitely worth checking out in case other people come around looking to bid on the bot.
Janu, we would consider it a personal favor if your boss didn't hear about Mako.
Now let's shoot some pirates!
>>
No. 938464 ID: 482fee
File 156252053166.png - (1.99MB , 1400x1050 , 20.png )
938464

:ty:"MAKO, this may shock you, but I'm not an engineering whiz. Look, when we get back, we can get Del or someone else that's good with tech to work on it 'kay?"

:mako:"Please not Del"

:Janu:"Alright listen up, I got a floor plan of Luca's personal chamber at the top of the Tower. These turrets watch the elevator, the two on the bottom are automated motion sensors. The one on top is manned but only armored on the front. But it also packs a lot more fire power than the drones."
>>
No. 938465 ID: 482fee
File 156252058323.png - (0.98MB , 1400x1050 , 21.png )
938465

:Janu:"We can sneak up through this maintenance shaft. I already sent a drone ahead and oh, surprise. Luca's got those defenses up and ready for us. How nice of her."
>>
No. 938466 ID: 482fee
File 156252061287.png - (2.00MB , 1400x1050 , 22.png )
938466

:Janu:"Right so there's that. Now if I was Luca, I'd be putting some guards here and here, so odds are good we'll run into someone even with her forces split in half."
>>
No. 938467 ID: 482fee
File 156252068026.png - (2.00MB , 1400x1050 , 23.png )
938467

:ty:"Doesn't seem too bad. I've dealt with worse."

:Janu:"Yyyyyeah. So this part back here? It's a kill zone, overlapping fire down a flight of stairs with no cover means Luca will put her heavy weapons there to mulch anything that gets that far. Ever dealt with that?"

:ty:"Mmmmaybe?"

:Janu:"So I was planning on hitting those turrets there, ripping them up and turning them on Luca, but it sounds like you want her stuff intact for the IFF thingy. Thing is, I don't see how we're going to take that sport without losing some folk. alternative is to just let Gar bomb it, but that would pretty much destroy everything back there. You seein something I'm not seein?"

:tyuhh:"Uhhhh"

Alright smart guys, I'm not much of a tactician now. What do I do? Do I...do I just smash something and maybe punch a hole in a wall?
>>
No. 938468 ID: dd0b92

Attempt to hack the automated turrets. If you succeed, have one shoot the guy in overwatch and the other bug the sentinel (along with our drone) so we can aim the shot.

If the turrets aren't accessible, stealthily maneuver the drone behind the sentinel, then have it bug him at the worst possible moment.

After you're done here, see if you can uninstall and re-install the automated turrets near the main doorway. Whoever breaches that door is going to get an alpha strike, it might as well be the turret since they can pick off a few guys before dying.
>>
No. 938487 ID: 9876c4

In theory, hacking the turrets would allow them to not fire at all. So it's still a good idea. And the odd case of collateral damage is still better than being ripped apart by turrets

The only other possible idea I have is how much less effective that killzone (and long range in general) would be in zero G. Janu seems like a resourceful type, so why not bring it up?
>>
No. 938575 ID: 5b93d3

We got bombs. How armoured are the walls?
>>
No. 938693 ID: 0fae41

You see any vents Mako could crawl through to drop some grenades on their heads?
>>
No. 938737 ID: 482fee
File 156277134467.png - (270.79KB , 1400x1050 , 24.png )
938737

:ty:"Any way to shut off gravity here?"

:Janu:"I would have if you asked me like an hour ago. All we can do now is manually shut it off, and it won't be in the hallway."

:ty:"Okay...how about breaching charges? You got that?"

:Janu:"Gar does. You thinking of blowing a wall in?"

:ty:"Actually yeah. Blow the wall right in front of bug-guy, shoot the turret guy, and hack the automated turrets while Gar gives covering fire."

:Janu:"Oh you got someone that can work those things?"

:bee:"Oooh! Oooh! I can!"

:Janu:"Okay...yeah. I like the sound of that. Gar. Charge, now."

:Garit:"Hmmmnrgh."

:Janu:"Clear!"

Combat starting! Command the squad, and roll for effectiveness!

>>
No. 938771 ID: 9876c4

What kind of dice should we be rolling?

TY- you're our main gun support, Sustained fire, hit everyone, keep them from making a plan.
Bee-Use mobility to take down any flankers or runners, while advancing on turret
MAKO+Janu MAKO spots and marks important targets, Janu engages with her scoped thing. Turret gunner is contestant #1.
Everyone else-defend and cover TY. Targets of opportunity.

We can start the hack as soon as we've got the gunners down, presumbably
>>
No. 938773 ID: 9876c4

>>938771
Everyone Else should cover Bee instead, since he's risking more exposure.
>>
No. 938795 ID: 482fee
File 156281451065.gif - (206.96KB , 1400x1050 , pause-again.gif )
938795

>>938771
Ah crap I knew I forgot to do something. Yeah so, I'm going to experiment with dice rolls in combat before the Civ game. 1d20 per post, and it will determine the overall luck of everyone. I want to add an extra element of chance but not slow everything to a number grind so let's see how this works.
>>
No. 938797 ID: 094652

rolled 15 = 15

I'll roll for Raccoon Guy
>>
No. 938799 ID: 9876c4

>>938797
Works for me, especially if you roll like that.
>>
No. 938815 ID: 0fae41

rolled 20 = 20

>>938797
Good roll.
Uh, all I have to say is play this defensively, nobody needs to be a hero today.
>>
No. 939069 ID: 482fee
File 156306752652.png - (437.37KB , 1400x1050 , 25.png )
939069

20! The breaching charge doesn't so much blow the wall to chunks as it pushes the wall forward, crushing the first gunman

Janu uses her looted pulse gun to blow the turret gunner's head to chunks, eliminating the two squishy targets in a second.

Ty hip fires keeps the auto turrets from focusing long enough for Bee to get into hacking range and she successfully shuts both down!

Garit keeps the hallway cleared from reinforcements drawn from the sound of the explosion.


:ty:"YEAH HA HA! ACTION OH HO HOLY SHIT! That was fast."

:garit:"Hgrrrr."

:Janu:"Got four more coming down the hall. Bee how long before you get those turrets working again."

:Bee:"Still need to reset their targeting protocols now. Oh my this is a tricky bit o' software, I may need like about say five ish minutes. Maybe four."

:mako:"So we hold right?"

:janu:"Hells no, we push! Don't let them dig in!"

:mako:"We don't know what they have up ahead!"

Commands?

>>
No. 939072 ID: 0fae41

rolled 7 = 7

Four minutes of funneling targets to us. All right, let's hold in cover here! Someone get on that manual turret, we'll cover you!
>>
No. 939076 ID: 094652

rolled 1 = 1

Ask Bee if she can temporarily switch the turrets to manual, you have enough teammates to point them in the right direction.

Throw some grenades into the hall every 20 seconds, keep the enemy forces disorganized!
>>
No. 939082 ID: 9876c4

rolled 17 = 17

Note to self, Bee is a Girl.
Let's get Mako Spotting, and directing fire on any priority targets. I figure synthetic vision is the best we've got.

I don't think we have the numbers to push.
>>
No. 939337 ID: 482fee
File 156329231123.png - (267.59KB , 1400x1050 , 26.png )
939337

:ty:"We wait for the first wave and push them back. Hold, just long enough for Bee to do her thing. Mako? Spot for us. Someone get on the turret!"

17! Success! Turret's rail shot punches through the collapsible barrier, jamming it and blowing one pirate in half.

MAKO marks targets and forwards them to everyone's HUD.


:ty:"I count at least five is back there. Bee, can we get one of those guns set to manual and move it over here?"

:bee:"Nope sorry, these models are auto or nuthin. It's why they didn't sell to good and why only pirates still use em."

:ty:"Dammit...alright hold fast!"
>>
No. 939347 ID: 0fae41

rolled 6 = 6

Those look like some heavy weapons they're carrying, make sure they don't get a chance to point those at us. Suppress the murder hole while the turret keeps punching new ones.
>>
No. 939379 ID: 9876c4

rolled 20 = 20

This is just a stand up fight now. Keep on the pressure.
>>
No. 939517 ID: 482fee
File 156346538993.png - (222.88KB , 1400x1050 , 27.png )
939517

Critical success! The rail shot melts through the barrier and the pirates hiding behind it. The counterattack is stopped before it even starts as the survivors panic and run.

:ty:"Ha! That gun's got some serious punch to it! Can I rip that thing up and take it? Gar?"

:garit:"Hrnnnn...mmh-mmm."

:ty:"Damn..."

:bee:"Hokay, I got a turret workin' now. Just gotta set it up and it'll start pickin' "Not-us" targets!"

:ty:And the other one?"

:bee:"Almost got this one. It's been a real stubborn stickler though. I probably can get this one done real soon though."

:janu:"Good cause we need to push now before Luca's boys wise up to us."

:mako:"What if they booby trapped the corridor? We need to play it safe."

:janu:"That's what Luca's hoping we do!"
>>
No. 939518 ID: 094652

rolled 11 = 11

This sentinel' got some punch. What if we were to, say, rotate it about 135 degrees counterclockwise, where Luca should be right now, and shoot it through the walls?
>>
No. 939528 ID: 0fae41

rolled 4 = 4

The corridor they just used? Fine, we'll look both ways before crossing the street, but now is the time to PUUUSH. Finish that second turret Bee, then meet up with us ahead! Don't turn the first one back on til they're both ready, though.
>>
No. 939566 ID: 9876c4

rolled 3 = 3

We are about to gain ownership of 2 majorly large guns.
Why would Luca want us to do that? Think on that, but quietly.

I fear our new friend may be trying to get us to take... excessive risks.
if she wants to send a scout or two ahead, fine. We're not splitting up.
>>
No. 939585 ID: c45848

rolled 8 = 8

>All these low rolls
Oh this is going to hurt no matter what. Send Janu's drone ahead to see what they're preparing first, then move ahead with covering fire so Bee can set the turrets up
>>
No. 939614 ID: 9876c4

>>939585
We can't win 'em all.

But if someone wants to try I wouldn't be too mad.
>>
No. 939894 ID: 482fee
File 156374830324.jpg - (161.13KB , 1400x1050 , 28.jpg )
939894

:ty:"Hey you think that turret can penetrate the walls and hit the other side?"

:Janu:"Yeah if you had about a year of constantly firing at it."

:ty:"No sass now. I'm just sayin, we're walking into something unknown."

:Janu:"Which is why I said we should move it Luca sets up!"

:ty:"Well what could Luca get on us?"

JANU! YOU WANNA KILL ME? COME AT ME BITCH!


:Janu:"That! That's what Luca has!"

:ty:"You knew!?"

:Janu:"Actually this is new but I'm not surprised!"

FAILURE!
Shots are deflected by the dual shield generators!


:ty:"Shit! Is there anything that can bypass that!"

:Janu:"Nothing we got! That shit has two generators! Those stop anything moving faster than a bullet."

Oh crap oh crap oh crap! Now would be a good time for strategy

>>
No. 939929 ID: 094652

rolled 3 = 3

Stuff a pirate corpse with grenades, throw it towards the mech, then use the turret to move it with newton's third law followed by a hit to detonate before they realize what is going on.
>>
No. 939941 ID: 9876c4

rolled 3 = 3

Well on the plus side, charging would have in no way helped us.

Thrown grenades would ignore the shield, as would melee attacks.
By far the best idea is someone gets close enough to stick one of those breaching charges on it.

Someone tough, and durable, and AH DAMN...
>>
No. 939962 ID: 0fae41

rolled 4 = 4

We need to to kill slow, and bullets too fast! Plant some charges here and retreat. Then blow it all to hell!
>>
No. 939974 ID: 022443

What kind of guns does she have, and what melee weaponry do you have? If this mech is supposed to work with infantry support, which she currently lacks, this could be your chance.
>>
No. 939975 ID: 9876c4

Well, at least we brought the medibot.

Does anyone want to help with Deadlands? He's doing great but is probably getting bored of me
>>
No. 940172 ID: 482fee
File 156391702349.jpg - (141.69KB , 1400x1050 , 29.jpg )
940172

:ty:"Alright here's the plan, distract her with the turrets, and I'll plant a charge on the bot. Just keep her busy until"

MAJOR FAILURE

LUCA BLASTS TURRET. TURRET IS SLAGGED.


:ty:"Oh gods dammit..."
>>
No. 940194 ID: 0fae41

rolled 1 = 1

Good lord dice, lay off will ya?
It's time to engage it in melee, big guy. Get inside the shields!
>>
No. 940203 ID: 9876c4

rolled 5 = 5

Bee, we're running out of lifespan for you to fuck around!

Janu, you've already pissed her off, now twist the knife!
We'll get in there, somehow...
>>
No. 940207 ID: 094652

rolled 5 = 5

Tactical retreat! Quick, what is Luca's berserk button! Convince her to shoot her own men out of paranoia!
>>
No. 940208 ID: b1b4f3

rolled 7 = 7

I'm going to support a tactical retreat, holy hell these dice.
>>
No. 940253 ID: 9876c4

>>940207
>>940208
Retreat seems good, yes.
>>
No. 940301 ID: 4dfa49

rolled 7 = 7

Well shit. Leave the functioning turret to distract Luca. If succesful, continue with planting explosives. If not, leg it the hell out
>>
No. 940304 ID: 4dfa49

>>940301
Oh no...
>>
No. 940311 ID: ae8ec4

rolled 15 = 15

>>940172
Peform a tactical run away
>>
No. 940312 ID: 9876c4

>>940311
Thank you for your service.
>>
No. 940500 ID: 482fee
File 156415427985.png - (250.58KB , 1400x1050 , 30.png )
940500

MAJOR SUCCESS

TACTICAL RETREAT SUCCESFUL, NO CASUALTIES

"You think you can hide from me Janu!? Do ya?!"
:ty:"Okay. We bought time. Now what?"
>>
No. 940503 ID: 9876c4

It seems the hack has been compromised.

IF we could get comms up to someone outside, we could maybe mark our location and call in external fire. If it goes to plan, it knocks the mech over, or gives us an opening. If it doesn't, the hull is blown open and we depressurize violently.

Right now all I'm doing is discussing it. No roll until I know if its possible.
>>
No. 940718 ID: 5b93d3

The slow blade pierces the shield. Either a bomb needs to be lobbed slowly at it (but fast enough for him not to intercept), or one needs to be hidden in his path for him to walk over.
Or someone can Leroy Jenkins it I guess.
>>
No. 940722 ID: 0fae41

>NO CASUALTIES
I'm sure that girl on the turret will be just fine.
Rally the troops, see how that turret hack came along. Bring the one online - and maybe if we're lucky, this mech pursuing us means we won't have to deal with that killzone after all.
>>
No. 940736 ID: 9876c4

>>940722
Hmmm, thinking laterally. If we could get her out of the mech somehow, and one of us into it, that'd be a hard counter to the Killzone.
>>
No. 940823 ID: b18da5

Why not set the charge by the hole. If Luca is that pissed she might try to just ram the mech through the gap we made and the bb could blow up right under the bot.
>>
No. 940824 ID: 094652

>>940823
Do this, but also prepare to charge in and steal the mech.
>>
No. 941065 ID: 482fee
File 156458813462.png - (178.04KB , 1400x1050 , 31.png )
941065

Sounds good, sounds good. First lemme check what we got.


:ty:"Hey Bee, are those turrets up and ready?"

:bee:"Sssssorta? One's all sorted up proper now, but the other will just shoot anythin' in front of it."

:ty:"Alright, just need to make sure not to be the one in front of it. Janu, how many charges we got left?"

:janu:"Uh yeah? Gar's carrying like six."

:garit:"Shgrrng."

:janu:"What do you mean you only have one left? Where'd the other five go?"

:garit:"Snnrm."

:janu:"Yes I would like to know where ten thousand nushel of hardware went!"

:ty:"Will that be enough to crack that mech if we laid it down?"

:janu:"A walker like that? Maybe, if we position the charge to blow behind it. Armor's weaker there. Why you got an idea?"
>>
No. 941072 ID: 9876c4

There's always my Hail-mary plan but we need outside comms.

Otherwise... activate the turret and open fire from the passage, and hope Bee can fly in and plant that bomb, taking the main route?
>>
No. 941166 ID: 4db2a7

rolled 16 = 16

Okay how about we set up the busted turret to fire outside to lure Luca in, and set up the working turret to the side to get Luca to face it and blow that up.

That way her back will be facing the wall we have the charges will be set to and blow her back side.

I'm afraid to roll and get a 1 but here goes...
>>
No. 941179 ID: 4db2a7

>>941166
Oh that's good. Well if no one else has a better idea, we can go with this
>>
No. 941201 ID: 9876c4

>>941179
We're basically just variations on a theme, so sure.
>>
No. 941338 ID: 482fee
File 156495284335.png - (192.18KB , 1400x1050 , 32.png )
941338

:ty:"One. Set up the charge by the lip of the breach, set it to blow downwards. Janu, can you piss Luca off? Get her unfocused?"

:janu:"Oh that's easy. Hey Lucaaaa~ remember Ivvorglade? That was all me."

I FUCKING KNEW IT!

TURRET SLAGGED

>>
No. 941339 ID: 482fee
File 156495285683.png - (174.67KB , 1400x1050 , 33.png )
941339

:ty:"BLOW IT!"
MAJOR SUCCESS! CHARGE DESTROYS GUN ARM. MECH TAKES HEAVY DAMAGE

OH JANU YOU SHITSTAIN, YOU THINK THAT'S GONNA STOP ME?! DO YA?!



MECH STILL FUCNTIONAL...
>>
No. 941340 ID: 094652

rolled 15 = 15

See if that disrupted the shields! One quick burst from everyone, and target the wound!
>>
No. 941349 ID: b1b4f3

rolled 10 = 10

Most importantly, that disabled the gun-- the entire limb is off now. That means we can get in a bit closer. The mech is less dangerous from that side!
>>
No. 941358 ID: 9876c4

We don't have to kill the mech, we just have to kill its knees.

If gunfire fails, some melee blows to the interior kneecap could prove effective.
>>
No. 941359 ID: 9876c4

rolled 1 = 1

>>941358
Not sure what I did wrong, buuut-
>>
No. 941376 ID: 7fce9f

rolled 9 = 9

>>941339
No, but it makes it way easier to shoot back now!
>>
No. 941521 ID: 0fae41

rolled 5 = 5

>>941339
Now is the time to wrassle the mech, Ty.
>>
No. 941697 ID: 482fee
File 156519318922.png - (212.77KB , 1400x1050 , 34.png )
941697

:ty:"Shit uh, uh. Shoot at it!"

MAJOR SUCCESS!

SHIELD GENERATOR HAS SUSTAINED TOO MUCH DAMAGE. MAJORITY OF SHOTS BREAK THROUGH AND HIT VITAL SERVOS


"NO! NO! JANU! I'M GONNA"

>>
No. 941698 ID: 482fee
File 156519321008.png - (455.50KB , 1400x1050 , 35.png )
941698


FUSED JOINTS KEEP THE FROM MOVING AND OVERTAXED HEAT COMPENSATION FORCES ALL SYSTEMS TO SHUT DOWN

:Janu:"'Shoot at it?' Really?"

:ty:"Well it worked didn't it?"

:bee:"So are we killin Luca there orrrrrr?"

:ty:"Huh? I dunno. That's Janu's thing. Plus I dunno how to open this thing."

:Janu:"Well I do know you're supposed to climb out the back, but we busted that. Don't worry. I'll cut Luca out later. She ain't going anywhere. Now then...."
>>
No. 941699 ID: 482fee
File 156519330644.png - (596.23KB , 1400x1050 , 36.png )
941699

:janu:"That delay probably gave them a hells of a lot of time to fortify themselves. I don't think one turret's gonna be enough to dig them out, and Gar APPARENTLY used up ALL HIS EXPLOSIVES!"

:garit:"Grrrrmgng"

:janu:"You're not off the hook yet buddy! So yeah, you did pretty well handling a mech, even if half the stuff you said sounds dumber than a sack of bricks. What do you gauge we should do this time?"
>>
No. 941703 ID: 9876c4

rolled 8 = 8

(If we accept that Ty has the mannerisms of a smug cat, and Rocket is his exasperated caretaker, there's no way he wont try to bring back this mech to lay on her pillow/loading bay)

Anyway. Bee can fly can't she? Is there maybe another shaft that'd bring her behind the lines? Then send the main force in when they start shooting the wrong way?
>>
No. 941705 ID: 0fae41

Use the mech as an inhuman shield. We'll still use the turrets, of course. I think relying on Bee's sharpshooting is safer than a full frontal assault at this point?
>>
No. 941707 ID: aab8b7

See if the mech can be used as a mobile shield. Cut Luca out now and jist tie her uo, and have MAKO walk it into their guns while Bee uses her commando skills to take out key figures. Everyone else can move up behind the mech as it marches forward.
>>
No. 941721 ID: 9876c4

>>941707
Seems like the deterrent effect would be amplified with Luca Inside... and it's one less piece of luggage.
>>
No. 941746 ID: aab8b7

>>941721
Well can the mech be hacked though? I would think something like a piloted warmachine has more robust systems to keep spmeone from hijacking it remotely.
>>
No. 941747 ID: 094652

rolled 12 = 12

Let's troll them into giving us a combat advantage.

Start by threatening to sell Luca's organs to cartoon directors if they don't surrender. Once they insult their former captain, make sure Luca reacts with screaming and/or swearing, then mute her speakers and simulate the sound of a double-sized mech stomping. That should give you enough terror and restraint to dig in past the kill zone.
>>
No. 941784 ID: 9876c4

>>941746
Oh, If we can get operational, matryoshka bots all the way!
I was thinking about if it's dead weight.
>>
No. 941874 ID: bda9c9

>>941784
I was thinking of giving MAKO some extra protection if our 'friends' stop being friendly
>>
No. 942254 ID: 482fee
File 156556219932.png - (314.18KB , 1400x1050 , 37.png )
942254

rolled 10 = 10

:ty:"Pry Luca out now, I got an idea."

:Janu:"I'm fine with whatever. Gar. Cut 'er open."

:garit:"Gmmnmm."

:janu:"Hey Luca, we'll get you out of there. No need to thank us. Gar's gonna take good care of you. Right Gar?"

:gargrin:"Hnnnnng..."

:ty:"Creepy. Alright here's the plan. Imma put MAKO in the mech. She'll get the thing back up and running and we'll use it as a mobile shield."

:Janu:"Sounds dumb. Let's do it. Nighty night Luca!~"
>>
No. 942256 ID: 482fee
File 156556240449.png - (251.22KB , 1400x1050 , 38.png )
942256

MIXED SUCCESS!

:janu:"Well good news and bad news. Looks like the legs are still functional in here, but all the weapons are fried, the arm servos are offline, and the shields are dead, so yeah. Mako's gonna have to rely on the mech's armor to survive this."

:ty:"Hey that works just fine, we'll do the shooting anyway. Mako you ready?"

:mako:"Not at all. Why am I doing this?"
>>
No. 942257 ID: 9876c4

Matryoshka bots are a GO!
>>
No. 942260 ID: 094652

rolled 15 = 15

>Why am I doing this
"Because you have the best chance of maximizing this giant lug's remaining warranty, and we're dumb enough to shoot guns without wearing mechanized suits."

>Battle Strategy
Randomly generate a mad-cow walking strategy, memorize it, and move out. Carve out a flank from the bulletstorm and seize cover as soon as possible.
>>
No. 942276 ID: 0fae41

You're uh, the smallest target? If things get too hot just turn around and bail out. This thing is only good for mobile cover!
>>
No. 942372 ID: 885c19

rolled 15 = 15

"It's your best chance of survival. If it makes you feel better we can reinforce the mech hull first."

Make good on that and spot weld some scrap to the front chassis. There should be plenty after the fight, and Bee oughta have something like that in her kit. She seems to be ex spec ops so she must have all konds of gadgets on her; and it might add some surviveability to the machine.

After that, set it running straight into the enemy guns while having it blare Luca's voice. It might make the pirates panic enough to ignore us until we get out of the killzone
>>
No. 942752 ID: 482fee

Going with these
>>942372
>>942260
Update coming this weekend. This 510(k) is kicking my ass

>>
No. 942863 ID: 482fee
File 156608947443.png - (286.50KB , 1400x1050 , 39.png )
942863

:ty:"Because you have the best chance of maximizing this giant lug's remaining warranty. It's your best chance of survival. If it makes you feel better we can reinforce the mech hull first."

:mako:"A little."

:janu:"Fine, just a scrap job. That thing's already a tank, but we can't wait too long."

:ty:"Rushjob, rushjob. Fine. I can do that."
>>
No. 942864 ID: 482fee
File 156608959634.png - (234.22KB , 1400x1050 , 40.png )
942864

MILD SUCCESS

REINFORCED MECH CHARGES INTO KILLZONE LIKE A MAD COW USING A LOOP OF LUCA SCREAMING.


IT HAS ALL THE PIRATES' ATTENTION. UNFORTUNATELY THEIR PANIC FIRING MAKES IT IMPOSSIBLE TO COUNT THEIR NUMBERS


:MAKO:Outta the way outta the way! Clear the door, outta the way!

:ty:"Ach ka, my helmet can't cancel out all the muzzle flashes. Why do I even bother wearing this thing?"

:bee:"Head protection!"

:tyuhh:"Oh yeah. Point still stands, I can't see shit":
>>
No. 942872 ID: 0fae41

If you can't see anything but the muzzle flashes, just shoot at the muzzle flashes.
>>
No. 942886 ID: 9876c4

rolled 3 = 3

Toss some grenades. Even if they dodge them, that's 2-3 schlubs that aren't in cover.
>>
No. 942890 ID: b1b4f3

rolled 20 = 20

Do you guys even have grenades?

Anyway, the incoming fire looks like it's coming from both sides. They've got you in a pincer formation! You need to clear out one side of it before you move any further forwards! Looks like a lopsided pincer though. Take out the single sniper on your right first. Then you'll want to claim the cover they were using and open fire on the other side of the fortifications.
>>
No. 943195 ID: 482fee
File 156639955098.png - (337.65KB , 1400x1050 , 41.png )
943195

CRITICAL SUCCESS!

A LUCKY SHOT TAKES OUT THE SNIPER, AND THE TEAM SPREADS OUT TO MOP UP THE PANICKED PIRATES!

>>
No. 943196 ID: 482fee
File 156639960406.png - (175.16KB , 1400x1050 , 42.png )
943196

:ty:"Yeah! Yeahmy blood's up! Oh...oh crap it's over already."

:Janu:"Okay Luca, you and me are gonna have a nice chat. You can look for your thingy Ty."

:garit:"Grrng."

:Janu:"Yeah yeah I know. Plunder's finder's keepers rules. Gar likes it that way."

Oh yeah, we were looking for the IFF thing weren't we. Now that I think of it, I have no idea what it looks like...

>>
No. 943212 ID: 739096

Interrogate Luca with Janu. Get her to tell you where it is, maybe play the bad bruiser to Janu's good merc (or vice versa if Luca thinks Janu is a sadistic bitch).

Also tell Mako and Bee to get the good stuff before Gar takes everything
>>
No. 943219 ID: 9876c4

I would argue that 3 could loot faster than 2, and that taking everything that looks valuable is sound policy anyway.

IF that scrambler is functional, it'd have to be plugged into a base subsystem to be working. Might narrow it down.
>>
No. 943220 ID: 9876c4

rolled 2 = 2

>>943219
(no idea if roll required)
>>
No. 943263 ID: a686b0

Try asking your team if anyone knows what it looks like.
>>
No. 943264 ID: a686b0

rolled 1 = 1

>>943263
>>
No. 943308 ID: 0fae41

>>943220
Hopefully not, the dice have forsaken this thread.
Try looking in the middle door.
>>
No. 943316 ID: 9876c4

A modest proposal for the questmaster: Tell us to roll or not to in the subject field
>>
No. 943324 ID: b1b4f3

rolled 6 = 6

Here let me add a search roll.
>>
No. 943330 ID: 85597d

rolled 15 = 15

Oh shoot I didn't think we'd need to roll.
Rolling for my post >>943212
>>
No. 943402 ID: 482fee
File 156657314953.png - (200.92KB , 1400x1050 , 43.png )
943402

>>943316
Yeah I should be more clear about this in the future. This wasn't supposed to be a roll event but with so many doing it...

MAJOR SUCCESS

:ty:"Welp, alls I found was a box of guns. Factory fresh too, even still have that wierd greasy coating on them that won't get off your fingers for hours.

Which is good for me, since I like guns, but no IFF. What about you lot?"


:bee:"Most stuff up 'ere is fulla holes and so shot up even their scrap value ain't worth the haul. But I did find some of these here Obedience collars. Typical pirate stuff."

:ty:"Never heard of em."

:bee:"Really? This is some high grade black market goods here doncha-know. It really messes up the brain o' anyone that wears it so it's like a knock of glyph of those there Rezan thingies. You know, the ones that they put on servants even though they say they don't cause it's supposed ta be illegal. These things are worse though. Leave em on too long and the poor soul can't live without it. They just curl up an' die."

:ty:"Some of them are missing."

:Mako:"I know where one of them went."

:ty:"Is that a?"

:mako:"Technokarver. And collared too. I bet Luca was using this one to keep this mech working. Rezan tech is real antsy so I'm not surprised she keeps a personal gearmonkey to keep it working."

:bee:"That there looks like a stasis box. The kind ya put yer groceries in so they don't spoil. That's no place fer a person."

:ty:"So the karver's asleep. Should we wake it?"

:mako:"Not sure. I could safely turn off the stasis field but I have no idea what the karver's mental state is like. Never dealt with a collared patient before."

:bee:"Yeah that's a toughie. If Luca wanted this feller to attack any stranger, it'd jump right at us. Though if Luca was clumsy an' such, the poor thing'll prolly just be spooked."

Ooookay. Maybe this can help. Should I try and wake the technokarver, or try and pry it outta Luca?


No rolls this time.

>>
No. 943403 ID: 9876c4

Not fully sure if this is a synth or a biological. If the latter, Mako could maybe administer a sedative first.

Guns drawn, but let's wake it.
>>
No. 943410 ID: acfea1

>>943402
Practice multilayer containment. Put the stasis unit in a bigger box, then turn it off.
>>
No. 943411 ID: c833bd

What about removing the collar before waking up the guy?
>>
No. 943413 ID: 9876c4

>>943411
We don't know if that'd kill 'em.
>>
No. 943432 ID: 094652

rolled 13 = 13

Keep the stasis field up, but get the technokarver to a medical station. As for Luca, capture one of her lackeys, then cross-examine their stories individually.

Keep searching for more loot
>>
No. 943547 ID: 0fae41

Try and wake the engie. Without the dice getting a say-so, I think you're all more than a match for a frenzied flunky.
>>
No. 943549 ID: b1b4f3

>>943547
I gotta agree here. Just get some muscle up front and it'll be fine.
>>
No. 943603 ID: 482fee
File 156677194694.png - (172.25KB , 1400x1050 , 44.png )
943603

:ty:"Just wake it. Actually Bee, can you see if we can get one of Luca's goons? I wanna grill him for info."

:bee:"That might be a bit of a pickle there, owin that they're all a bit dead now."

:janu:"Gar that's just garbage, toss it."

:ty:"Well shit. Never mind, shut off the field. I'll hold it if the karver gets crazy."

:mako:"Are you certain?"

:ty:"Remember who I am? I got this."

The field deactivates, and the technokarver drops to the floor. It is backing away almost immediately, metallic voice crackling from its helmet.


:karverbox:"Aaaah~ Get away! Mistress! Mistress!"

:ty:"Easy there. Easy easy, I'm not gonna hurt ya."

:karverbox:"B-but, Mistress Luca didn't tell me about you. Mistress Luca said there are mutineers aboard! She said I cannot talk to the mutineers or she'll make it hurt again. Are you the mutineers?"
>>
No. 943604 ID: b1b4f3

Truthfully, no. We are not mutineers. Tell it you have acquired it from Luca. It's got a new master now.
Ask it how long it's been wearing that collar. Can the collar be removed safely?
>>
No. 943605 ID: 9876c4

We aren't mutineers, but we might become them if we're forced to stay. Once we have what we want, we can leave, then no more risk of a mutiny. Savvy?
>>
No. 943606 ID: 0fae41

Luca lost. Tell us how to get that collar off before any failsafes it might have kick in. Also, if you've seen the IFF around, we need that.
>>
No. 943626 ID: 482fee
File 156683532702.png - (136.87KB , 1400x1050 , 45.png )
943626

:ty:"Uh no. No we're not mutineers. Maybe. Luca did lose though. So you might wanna help us get that collar off ya before some failsafe or something kicks in. Also we're looking for an IFF scrambler. Do you know what that looks like?"

:karverbox:"I could show you if Mistress Luca didn't control me. She makes it very hard to go through her personal stuff without her permission."

:ty:"Just another reason to get that thing off right?"

:karverbox:"You can't."

:ty:"I can't what?"

:karverbox:"You can't take the collar off. All of these have a single key tied to each collar. It's the only thing that will unlock it. Mistress Luca tossed mine out an airlock a couple years back. Made me watch."

:ty:"Shit really? Why?"

:karverbox:"I dunno. She did say because I wasn't fast enough for something. I dunno what I wasn't fast enough for."

:ty:"Okay that's not working. Any idea how to bypass this then, or does Luca not let you say that?"

:karverbox:"Are you the new master then?"

:tyuhh:"Wait what?"

:karverbox:"I'd have to obey my master or mistress. If Mistress Luca transferred control to someone else, I wouldn't be compelled to keep her secrets anymore."

:tyuhh:"So you want me to get Luca to give me control over you, is that what I'm hearing."

:karverbox:"I didn't say that."

:ty:"Well now we have a solution. How do we do this."

:karverbox:"No, onnly Mistress Luca knows. It's how she doesn't let her subordinates or Janu take me away from her."

:ty:"...shit"
>>
No. 943627 ID: 9876c4

Seems like we gotta ask the lady hersself.

We must have something she wants, even if it's 'intact kneecaps'.
>>
No. 943632 ID: b1b4f3

Alright get Luca over here, with instructions to transfer ownership or else she loses some non-essential body parts.
>>
No. 943633 ID: f662ac

Right. Get with Janu and establish a routine to get Luca to talk. Try waterboarding to speed things along since we do have only as long as the meltdown
>>
No. 943665 ID: f662ac

Bee seems to know alot about these things. See if she knows how to work the collars before we have to resort to getting it out of Luca. Get some answers from someone we can trust first.
>>
No. 943735 ID: 482fee
File 156700711379.png - (170.26KB , 1400x1050 , 46.png )
943735

:ty:"Bee, any idea how these things work?"

:bee:"I thought you'd know already."

:ty:"Bee, remember that shithole I recruited you on? I was born there. I lived there. Only things I know about the wider universe is that I'm in the Empire, and we don't like the Hegs. The fuck is this, and how to I switch ownership of this thing if the key's gone?"

:bee:"Oh well you just need blood. The original owner's and the new owner to be. All ya gotta do is stick it on that glowy dealy in the middle, then when it' glows all red and shiny, stick your own blood in it. That should do it. I dunno why that works, it just does. You Rezans like stuff like that right?"
>>
No. 943736 ID: 482fee
File 156700719677.png - (256.03KB , 1400x1050 , 47.png )
943736

:ty:"Hey Janu, you need Luca for anything? Cause I'm going to need blood."

:janu:"Oh sure buddy, just wait a sec. Hey. Hey Luca~ Wakey wakey~"

"Whu...Jrr-Janu! Hng!"

:janu:"Feeling a bit lopsided Lu-lu? Wanna explain yourself?"

"Sit on my finger and rotate you shit!"

:janu:"Tell me Lu-lu, do you feel this? I want this to hurt."

"Fuck you!"

:janu:"She's all yours. Make it slow."

INTERROGATE OR GET BLOOD?

>>
No. 943737 ID: 094652

Luca's spite keeps intimidation from producing exponential results in favor of malfunctions. You can still intimidate her, but you need to keep her mind on what she has to lose if she doesn't capitulate her ego this one time. Namely, her 'magnificent' self. Play good cop, bad cop, since she's obviously seething at Janu.

Ty starts by pandering to her charisma and beauty, claiming he's impressed by how she lived up to her reputation as the Queenpin of the Hegemony's Secret Service privateers. When she gets suspicious of how much flattery he's putting on, Janu responds with her detailed revenge fantasy of kidnapping Lena, then forcing her to do the most demeaning, low-class jobs as charity cases for the common folk, including sewer cleaning and waitressing at a catgirl maid cafe, a far cry from her high and mighty roost. When she inevitably accuses them of sexism and sexual harassment, Janu will grin while Ty explains that he just wanted her full attention, and while he's around he will take custody and will not deviate from honorable prisoner conduct, as long as she doesn't mislead them into getting themselves killed.

So if she doesn't notify you of any killswitches the psyker slave has on him when you activate the DNA test thingy, you're going to give up on being nice, clamp her in chains, and drop her off at the nearest police station instead. At night. In the back alley. Where the cops take their breaks after exhausting, stressful shifts in inhumane working conditions without any leeway for companionship.

And they'll non-physically angst their woes arrest her. And nothing else will happen indeed. (Act stupidly naive)
>>
No. 943739 ID: 9876c4

Janu can have Luca to herself, far as I'm concerned.
We need enough blood to try Bee's plan, the IFF, and a techslave would be a nice bonus. Beyond that? feh.

I don't really care what she does or doesn't know.
>>
No. 943742 ID: b1b4f3

Well, try asking her where the IFF is. Tell her if she tells you, you'll give her a pinprick instead of a gash.
>>
No. 943761 ID: 0fae41

Blood! BLOOOOOOD!
What was the question again?
>>
No. 943767 ID: 9876c4

>>943761
https://youtu.be/Vn05qpn2e1Y?t=40
>>
No. 943857 ID: 482fee
File 156717750129.png - (205.68KB , 1400x1050 , 48.png )
943857

Yeah I tuned out after 'exponential' there. I got an idea

:ty:"Okay Luca, you get only one chance at this. Where's the IFF?"

"It's up your ass-AAUGH! Sumuvabitch!"

:ty:"I did say only one chance. Welp I got what I wanted."

:janu:"...a tooth? That's it?"

:ty:"Nope, just the blood"
>>
No. 943858 ID: 482fee
File 156717753001.png - (152.48KB , 1400x1050 , 49.png )
943858

:ty:"Alright so I put the thingy to the thing and what?"

:bee:"Just rub the blood on the central node"

:karverbox:"Like tha-whoooa! Oh! That burns! That's burning! Ow! HOT! HOT! HOOOOT!"
>>
No. 943859 ID: 482fee
File 156717755403.png - (458.38KB , 1400x1050 , 50.png )
943859

:ty:"Bee the hells is happening? You said all I had to do was put the blood on!"

:bee:"That is all you need to do, give it a minute there now."
>>
No. 943860 ID: 482fee
File 156717760299.png - (714.78KB , 1400x1050 , 51.png )
943860

:karverbox:"...I feel...less restraint speaking to you now. Yes. It worked. Ownership has been transferred. Master..."

:ty:"Tybalt. Call me Ty if you want. And don't call me master. Where's the IFF Scrambler?"

:karverbox:"Master Tybalt...I am the IFF Scrambler."

:tyuhh:"Wait what?"

DESIGNATE TECHNOCARVER RACE AND GENDER.
>>
No. 943863 ID: 9876c4

>>943861
I'm not well versed in all the races in the Famaverse, but if we've got to have a techslave, it might as well be an elf chick.

Maybe even with a pixie cut?
>>
No. 943870 ID: 094652

>I am the IFF scrambler
Sounds legit.

>Race and gender
You know what, let's keep the Mass Effect theme going - Half-Planeshifted Quarian, Quarter Vulcan (or a psi pokemon or an ethereal or whatever), Quarter Rezan.
>>
No. 943871 ID: ce39da

It's a birb dudette.

"Okay, gonna need you to explain the whole 'living scrambler' bit."
>>
No. 943875 ID: b0f0d3

>>943863
The main guy is part Krogan, and rezan makes all sorts of hybrid stuff possible.

So I vote Rezan-elf-birb.

Also yeah. Explain the living scrambler thing. I thought we were lookong for some device.
>>
No. 943889 ID: 0fae41

Technocarver isn't its own kinda race? Huh. Neat helmet. It's pretty wedge shaped though.
Kind of like a sergal.
A male sergal.
>>
No. 943927 ID: b0f0d3

What about a rezan/elf/bird girl with sergal puss to make everyone happy? Quarians look like humans and vulcans look like elves so even kome gets his vote counted
>>
No. 943933 ID: 0fae41

>>943927
Hybridizing to such extremes leaves nobody happy.
>>
No. 943935 ID: 9876c4

I'm not vetoing anyone but our squad is awash in hybrids of varying stripes. A pureblood would be refreshing.

And we have one lady who's all bird, all the time.
>>
No. 943942 ID: b0f0d3

>>943933
It's not that extreme. And I'm curious to see how far QM can go with race mixing.
>>
No. 943958 ID: 482fee
File 156723393154.gif - (278.77KB , 1400x1050 , and-again.gif )
943958

My fault for not making it clear. Carvers are Rezan magic users, it will be pure Rezan by default, and a mix of Rezan and anything else.

I really should update the wiki page with this stuff.

>>
No. 943981 ID: 9876c4

Oh. Well then, Rezelf or Kome's thing.
>>
No. 943983 ID: 094652

My vote's still on her being half-Quarian.
>>
No. 944011 ID: 0fae41

Y'know what, fuck it. Who else would end up in a situation like this? Rezan-Quarian hybrid.
>>
No. 944024 ID: 9f05fe

>>943983
Aren't quarians just humans with three fingers and toes? Or do you want the carver wearing a mask under the mask?
>>
No. 944029 ID: 094652

>>944024
I figured she'd be similar to Ty: mostly Rezan in appearance with some ancestral heirlooms like the hood, but she'd act like a Quarian when in combat or placed in extreme situations, like a dirty room.
>>
No. 944056 ID: b4b7b2

>>944029
But if she's Rezan would she even still be a hypochondriac?
>>
No. 944189 ID: 482fee
File 156747133019.png - (158.47KB , 1400x1050 , 52.png )
944189

:ty:"Yeah like I said. Born on shithole planet, I have no idea what you're talking about. Explain."

:karunboxed:"Karvers are needed to interface with Rezan tech master. We're also used to pilot and run the cyberwarfare on Rezan ships. So we also often get augments to turn us into living computers. Misstr-erm. Luca implanted me with the IFF scrambler. I am able to disable targeted IFF systems once a connection is established, and I have a library of two million patented IFF systems I can overload, hijack, or destroy via suit-cast injection. That's what this suit is for."

:Janu:"Gar that's not going to fit, turn it sideways. I said sideways! The other sideways! Do you see the direction I'm turning my arms? That way!"

:tyuhh:"Dumb it down I still don't know what you are."

:karunboxed:"I'm magic, and it makes me good at hacking things."

:Janu:"Careful that shit's delicate! How is she going to fit if you keep cramming it in like that?"

:ty:"And are you good for anything else?"

:karunboxed:"Fixing the mech you trashed, interfacing with anything that uses standard Hegemonic, Imperial, or Federated operating systems, and I take up minimal living space."

:ty:"Ah good. So you're a...what are you?"

:karunboxed:"I dunno. When I was still a little girl, my dad said I was part 'korian' or something. I don't know what that is."

:Janu:"Do you want Luca or not? I thought so, then quit whining and help me with this!"
>>
No. 944190 ID: 482fee
File 156747136572.gif - (87.94KB , 1400x1050 , 53.gif )
944190

:ty:"Hold that thought. Hey Janu! What's going on over there."

:Janu:"Loading Luca's escape pod, We got just enough time to bug out before systems go critical."

:ty:"We're escaping in this? Looks awful small. I don't think we'll all fit."

:Janu:"Oh yeah, I got a solution for that. You see...bye!"
ESCAPE POD LAUNCHED!
:tymad:"Aw motherfucker!"

:mako:"I told you this was going to happen!"

:tymad:"Yeah I know it was going to happen too! It still pisses me off!"

:karunboxed:"What's going on?"
>>
No. 944194 ID: 9876c4

Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

So you could... I dunno, hack the IFF on that escape pod to make it look like a pirate warship?

ALSOWENEEDTOGO
>>
No. 944199 ID: b1b4f3

>>944190
Okay, time to make systems not go critical. Ask for our new magic tech person to do her magic.
Either that or find another escape pod.
>>
No. 944205 ID: 094652

Hack everything in this area before you leave, check for extra escape pods (you never know), etc. Then hack the bomb timer and run like hell.

>Carver Face
Cute but clawed! Nice!
>>
No. 944209 ID: 0fae41

As far as sudden but inevitable betrayals go, that was fairly amicable. She even left Mako. Let's find a small fighter or something to bug out in. Luckily, we have someone that can alter our IFF on the fly now!
>>
No. 944227 ID: 590351

>>944190
Oh no how unexpecteeeeeed.
Get our new slave to shut off the communication system, or play somd loop to tell the pirates there's an infection in the system that is sending fake meltown alarms so any sort of alert should be ignored. That way we can make out way down to a hangar and fly out before all the ships take off
>>
No. 944229 ID: 9876c4

>>944227
That's a little cold-blooded to me. If the pirates want to get out, let 'em. They can screen us from all the laser fire out there.
>>
No. 944232 ID: 590351

>>944229
I'm sure they can figure it out when things start melting. This is just to make sure they don't start fleeing until we got a way to escape.
>>
No. 944377 ID: 482fee
File 156769906150.png - (318.06KB , 1400x1050 , 54.png )
944377

:ty:"First things first. Are there any other escape pods?"

:karunboxed:"No, that was the only one."

:ty:"Figured. Can you hack it to broadcast some fake signals?"

:karunboxed:"No, I need to be connected to a broadcasting unit, and the only functioning unit here was Luca's terminal. Janu ripped the drive out while you were talking to me master."

:ty:"Stop calling me master."

:bee:"Hold a tick there, you lot can interface with anythin' right? Well why doncha be interfacilatin with that there elevatin pad. That should be connected to the network in this station ya?"

:karunboxed:I can and have. Is there anything you want?"

:ty:"Hack the escape pod!"

:karunboxed:"Wireless broadcasting is down. It seems key components are unresponsive."

:ty:"Dammit Janu...alright, at least point us to the nearest hangar."

:karunboxed:"Three levels down towards the solarside. The glare from the local star will make ship launches harder to detect."

:ty:"Right then, we make for the hangar."

:mako:"Wait, don't we still have at least one barricade between us and that hangar?"

:karunboxed:"Three automated checkpoints, and two manned barriers. Any of them can raise the alarm."

:ty:"Well can't you turn the automated ones off? Janu sabotage, can we postpone that?"

:karunboxed:"They are hardwired to the doors. Shutting them off locks them, and we'd have to take a detour which will add approximately forty minute to reach the hangar. And the rising temperature levels will trigger an automated response very soon. Even if I postpone the response, the pirates will feel the explosion."

:ty:"Then what can we do?"

:karunboxed:"I don't know. I'm sorry master."
>>
No. 944378 ID: 094652

Fine. How long will it take to disable the bomb? How about hacking repair drones, or press-ganging any pirates with technical skills to disable the bomb for you?
>>
No. 944379 ID: 094652

Alternatively, call your sponsor for help now that the boss is dead and the hacker is on your team. They might have a quick solution you're not seeing.
>>
No. 944385 ID: b2aa6b

>>944378
I think Janu said she just disabled the pirates' cooling system. I don't think our magic hacker can disable a wrench in the gears. I still vote we just confuse the hell out of the pirates so no one even pays attention to us stealing a ship. First by telling them to disregard any warning of meltdown followed by boarders on floors we aren't on.
>>
No. 944391 ID: 4b02bb

How about we simply take command and organize an orderly evac around ourselves, so we can escape among the rest of the crew?
>>
No. 944412 ID: b2aa6b

>>944391
Organize pirates? Aside from the fact we'd be surrounded by criminals, how would that make us look to our current employer?
>>
No. 944555 ID: 482fee
File 156788778120.png - (124.70KB , 1400x1050 , 55.png )
944555

Several problems. Janu just rigged something to blow. To disable it, I'd have to go back down and manually fix the that something and I don't even remember what that something looks like. Second, my sponsor has a closed line I can only access on the ship. Don't ask, I don't understand it either. All I knows is if I try to call outside that room, I just get some random linecast. Last time it was an interplanetary sex chat. I just got us in the elevator and we're heading down now. No point in waiting around for something that might or might not happen right?

:ty:"Hey karver, can you send a message telling the pirates to evacuate calmly?"

:karverbox:"...I just tried master, all I'm getting is several replies to screw myself, and that I'm just 'shitposting'."

:ty:"What about if you tell them something is about to explode?"

:karverbox:"...same response."

THE ELEVATOR SHAKES AS A DULL EXPLOSION IS FELT FROM SOMEWHERE DEEP BELOW. THE MELTDOWN IS IN PROGRESS


:karverbox:"...now they think I'm the gear monkeys on level 12 trying to fake an explosion."

:ty:"Welp we tried. Can't save the dumb. So do you got any ideas how to keep the pirates out of the hangar so we can hijack a ship?"

:karverbox:"Sorry master, I'm not good at thinking-"

:ty:"Outisde you box yes, and stop calling me master. Looks like it's up to me."

And by me I mean you.

>>
No. 944560 ID: 094652

Search through Luca's files. Anything she has could be used as a distraction. If she's been underpaying her minions, post the ledger. If she has secret stashes of loot, post their locations now. If she has nude pics, post them on the boards and send a fake signal to your location away from the hangar, then post under another account saying 'who wants to see the scrub get splattered by the boss'.
>>
No. 944571 ID: 9876c4

Honestly, we're a pretty ragtag crew, so I figured we'd just show up, take the nicest intact ship, and shoot anyone who says different. Even easier if the owner's are premelted.

Biggest problem now is getting the armada(and Rocket) to recognize us. Tech solutions to this would be helpful.
>>
No. 944590 ID: b1b4f3

Can we hack into their security systems? If they've got any turrets or something in the hangar we can use that to clear the bay.
>>
No. 944632 ID: 482fee
File 156798691626.png - (231.63KB , 1600x1200 , 56.png )
944632

That does give me an idea.

:ty:"Alright, two things: do you have access to any of Luca's dirt, and did Luca have her own ship?"

:karverbox:"Yes master, the Trashark is her personal ship. As to her 'dirt', I'm afraid all the backup files were erased when Janu ripped the drive out of her terminal."

:ty:"Wait, how'd Janu erase all that so quick?"

:karverbox:"By releasing a worm in the network. Once all data pertaining to Luca and her business was deleted, it has since shifted to erasing all data and rendering it unrecoverable. It should be complete in about an hour the rate it's going. No one seems to notice yet, as the AI that would have caught it has already been corrupted by the worm."

:bee:"Now that's professional work."

:ty:"Okay...do you specifically have anything in your uh...brain implanted thingy?"

:karverbox:"Backups to material Luca was using to blackmail her fellow captains."

:ty:"That's even better, leak that shit under a new name, and get everyone distracted. Post it, I dunno, someplace far from the hangar so everyone heads out."

:karverbox:".....done. The hangar crew has emptied out. The Trashark is unguarded"

:ty:"Which one is it, the tiny one?"

:karverbox:"No, that one."

:ty:"That ain't a personal ship. That's a goddamn Mark VII Destroyer. The Empire just decommissioned these babies last years, how the hells did Luca get one?!"

:karverbox:"I wouldn't know master, I haven't been out much."

:mako:How can the four of us pilot that thing out of here?! That thing looks like it needs a hundred at the very least."

:bee:"Rezan ships don't need that many doncha know. Oh you can have them as a secondary option, but if you got a karver they can control the ship by themselves isn't that right sweety?"

:karverbox:"Luca would use me to control her ship if she had to space a mutinous crew."

:mako:"That still doesn't address how we can convince Cynisis this isn't a pirate vessel."
>>
No. 944634 ID: b1b4f3

>>944632
Could you rig the IFF up (or anything really) to broadcast a message that it's a recovered vessel and to please open communications before opening fire?

Uh, once we're clear of the pirate ship (and its explosion) anyway.
>>
No. 944641 ID: 9876c4

What if we played "Do not fire on this vessel, It surrenders to the Guts and Glory" on comms Loop. if you're feeling theatrical, put up a white flag or spray paint SURRENDERING on the hull, and keep the guns powererd down.

Anyway, that'd be good for our rep, too. Not everyday a Mark VII surrenders to a cargo coaster.
>>
No. 944642 ID: 094652

Whatever you're doing, do it fast because the reactor is like a few minutes to blow.
>>
No. 944646 ID: 0fae41

There's no time or tools to paint anything, muck with the IFF and if that doesn't work, jam anything that targets you. Point defense systems are A-OK to spool up.
>>
No. 944841 ID: 482fee
File 156821453564.png - (361.99KB , 1600x1200 , 57.png )
944841

:ty:"Yes! My plan to broadcast my signal to everybody I'm surrendering to my own ship is working! The Cynisis ships aren't firing on me!"

:mako:"Yes but I don't think that applies to the pirates."

:karverbox:"Pirate Vessel Destroyer class Knife's Edge has made an intercept course with our vessel."
>>
No. 944842 ID: 482fee
File 156821455945.png - (184.62KB , 1600x1200 , 58.png )
944842

:ty:"Can we outrun it?"

:karverbox:"Negative. Knife's Edge has opened fire."

:tyuhh:"Ah shit."
>>
No. 944843 ID: 482fee
File 156821476316.png - (126.16KB , 2400x1200 , B1T1.png )
944843


BATTLE!


Alright so this is also going to be a new system I'm experimenting with for future quests. Objective is to kill the crap out of the opponent. Every turn gives you two actions to either move back or forward one unit, or attack with a weapon. Then the enemy gets two actions to do the same their turn.

Your HP: 25
Enemy HP: 15

DISTANCE
[_][_][0][_][X][_] MEDIUM RANGE

Distance represents the distance between you (O) and the opponent (X). Depending on distance, weapons and their potential damage get modified.

Your Weapons:
Reztech Railgun [1][1][3]
Luca's Torpedo bays [1][5][1]

Knife's Edge Weapons:
Scavenger Missiles [1][3][1]
Breach-drives [0][0][9]


Weapons have damage scores for whatever distance you are from the opponent. It's arranged as [LONG](+3 units apart) [MEDIUM] (1-3 units apart) [SHORT](0 units apart).

With one unit between you and the opponent that puts you at MEDIUM RANGE, which means you can fire torpedoes at their best range. There may be other factors later that can boost or reduce damage taken, but for now it's just a slug fest. Roll 1d20 per attack to determine if damage is normal or critical(3x).


DECIDE ACTIONS
>>
No. 944848 ID: ce39da

rolled 3 = 3

Okay, so the bottom line is; we do NOT want to get in "CLOSE RANGE" with them. I say we back up and use our torpedoes.
>>
No. 944849 ID: ce39da

Also, what happens when someone tries to advance when the range is 0?
>>
No. 944850 ID: 9876c4

rolled 6 = 6

>>944848
Yeah, can't fault that logic. But maybe I'll be better at it.
>>
No. 944851 ID: aab8b7

rolled 13 = 13

Thirding, and hoping my roll is better
>>
No. 944852 ID: b1b4f3

rolled 4 = 4

Torpedos away!
>>
No. 944860 ID: 5b93d3

>>944849
If it weren't for the breach drives, I'd be advocating for Operation Chicken
>>
No. 944861 ID: 094652

rolled 20 = 20

Don't forget about environmental damage! Use the railgun to shoot asteroids and mess with your opponent's flight path!
>>
No. 944865 ID: 0fae41

rolled 12 = 12

Move twice. RAMMING SPEED!
>>
No. 944866 ID: b1b4f3

(I'm voting to move away, to be clear)
>>
No. 944867 ID: aab8b7

>>944861
But we got two actions. Railguns and what else?
>>
No. 944895 ID: 482fee
File 156830195905.gif - (111.80KB , 2400x1200 , B1T2.gif )
944895

>>944849
You'd ram the ship. Since you're both the same size, both ships would take equal damage(10). And then the enemy gets two actions, so that might not be the best idea when the enemy has a Breach-Drive. Better to wait until you have a ship with higher tonnage to reduce ramming damage, or install upgrades that deal extra ramming damage while reducing harm to your ship(Kinetic Dispersal Unit, The Iron Dick, etc)

If however when the enemy is below 25% health, you can opt for a BOARDING ACTION. , not a good idea, as crew become the HP which won't end well with you (4 crew = 4 hp) trying to board a fully manned pirate ship(250 crew = 250 hp).


>>944848
>>944851
Good roll. Should note that a 20 does a critical hit which does 3x damage, and anything above 10 does 2x damage
YOU BACK UP ONE UNIT, AND UNLEASH TORPEDO SALVO
PIRATES MOVE FORWARD ONE AND FIRE S.MISSILES.

PIRATES TAKE 10DMG!
YOU TAKE 3DMG!

Your HP: 22
Enemy HP:5

DISTANCE
[_][_][0][_][X][_] MEDIUM RANGE

>>
No. 944896 ID: ce39da

rolled 4 = 4

Back up again and fire torpedoes again. A safe victory for a safe tutorial fight.
>>
No. 944903 ID: 9876c4

rolled 1, 8 = 9

Should be a productive time to try an alpha strike.
>>
No. 944905 ID: b1b4f3

rolled 11 = 11

Let's minimize damage to the ship to reduce repair costs.
Continue to move back while firing torpedos.
>>
No. 944908 ID: 0fae41

rolled 9 = 9

What I'm hearing is that we should move back 1 and fire the railgun.
Dice, stop screwing with me already.
>>
No. 945129 ID: 482fee
File 156857328482.gif - (207.07KB , 2400x1200 , B1T3.gif )
945129

FIRE 2. TORPEDO'S HIT CRITICAL SYSTEMS AND THE PIRATE VESSEL SPLITS IN HALF!

BATTLE OVER!


:ty:"That was...way too easy. And that's just with you controlling everything?"

:karverbox:"Yes master. I can control basic systems, but more advanced manuevers require a full crew complement. Luca knew this which is why she had the Trashark's weapon array replaced."

:ty:"Stop calling me that. Well then, let's get this baby into the Guts and Glory and call it a day."

mako:"The Guts and Glory is a lot smaller than this ship."

:ty:"You know what I mean."
>>
No. 945130 ID: 482fee
File 156857333315.png - (249.30KB , 1400x1050 , 59.png )
945130

:rocket:"Hands where I can see them you sons a bitches! Don't-Ty?!"

:ty:"Hey Rocket."

:rocket:"The hells are you doing on that ship?!"

:ty:"Oh I own this one now."

:rocket:"What?!"

:ty:"Oh and I got a slave now."

:karunboxed:"Hello."
>>
No. 945131 ID: 482fee
File 156857337218.png - (248.71KB , 1400x1050 , 60.png )
945131

:rocket:"Explain. Now!"

:ty:"Later, I gotta talk to someone about somethings. Look I still got Orbip on. Why don't you talk with them about getting stuff settled? They can fill you in."

:rocket:"Oh no, you're not squirming away this time-no! Don't you dare put that in my ear you son of a-"

SLAP

>>
No. 945132 ID: 482fee
File 156857339809.png - (176.75KB , 1400x1050 , 61.png )
945132

:rocket:"AAAAAAUGH! YOU DIDN'T EVEN CLEAN THIS FUCKING THING! I CAN FEEL THE WAX DRIPPING DOWN MY NECK!"

:ty:"I'll be in my room when you're done."

Fuck! FuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckEXPLETIVE CAP DETECTED. EXPLEBOT ACTIVATEDflipflipflipflipflipflipflipflipflipflip! Why does this sand always happen to me for fish sake?! I am so finding pissed off right now!

Gods Driving Ty just had to make things so much fortune harder for us.. How the ford are we gonna pay for this?

Oh yeah you're here aren't you. Well since Ty is being a fable-silver-crafting apple you can fill me in while I wait for Explebot to shut the family up

>>
No. 945133 ID: 9876c4

Oh, hey. How's things.
The Good; Ty was successful, everyone's alive you just won 1040 crates of silver, and the resale market on battleships is booming.

The Bad; you have new enemies, powerful Spinstorm ones!

You should try to get a fancy dinner out of this, at least.
>>
No. 945139 ID: 094652

Okay, Ty's being a dick, but you're getting a raise and X-mas bonuses. Just ignore him for a few days while he parties the ego off. We'll even let you handle more of the team's capital if you know how to invest it.

The slave's name is Karun, she belonged to the pirate queen of the giant asteroid that just blew up. No that wasn't our fault, we teamed up with some blackstabbed mercs on the queen's payroll who set the reactor to blow then backstabbed us by taking the only escape pod. Hopefully we can remove the slave conditioning, but she's extremely useful so far. Also, from our database, it looks like the slave has ancestry from the same alternate reality that Ty's grandfather came from, so she's practically family. She stays with you, period.
>>
No. 945197 ID: acfea1

Have you eaten your lunch, Rocket? Had enough snacks? Did you drink adequate amounts of water? Take your protein pills? Please take good care of yourself, you really deserve to be in good health and spirits.
>>
No. 945219 ID: 9876c4

Have you been using the lotus lotion you bought from the smugglers? You have to keep moist.

You absolutely have to.
>>
No. 945230 ID: 482fee
File 156873130140.png - (187.65KB , 1400x1050 , 62.png )
945230

No, no I don't mean-he keeps doing this. Makes things harder than they need to be. First off, we planned on using this ship for the next decade or two and build enough cash to buy a larger ship. I had fuel stocked to keep the Guts and Glory running for years. But that destroyer will burn through the fuel in a month. That extra silver might buy enough to keep us going for a year or two, but after that I don't know. That's not counting the extra crew we're going to have to get, the supplies, problems problems problems. So many problems I have to deal with because Ty can't think farther than five minutes. I mean I'M the one who built most of this ship, I'M the one who arranged the crew Ty was supposed to hire but didn't because he couldn't keep on schedule, I'M the one that built the skiff her blew up, does he try to be careful? Noooo~

I could sell the ship, but the only places that would take that would arrest us for owning a stolen Rezan Destroyer that was illegally modified. We can't just sell it back to the pirates because they'd probably just kill us as soon as deal with us. And then there's the slave...Ach-ka I swear somedays I hate him but others...I...I just don't know what I'm going to do it seems Ty exists exclusively to make my life more difficult. How the hells am I going to get us out of this?

You probably had a hand in getting him that monster of a ship and the slave. Maybe you-oh gods I'm asking a bunch of anonymous people I don't know how to solve my life, I'm going insane. How am I going to fix this?

>>
No. 945233 ID: 094652

>Destroyer is illegally modded and not licensed
Calm down. Worst case scenario, we salvage any usable modular rooms and scuttle the remainder by orbital-dropping it on a potential mining spot. Your mysterious contact guy will probably know people who can use something this big, so come up with selling points for better negotiation.

>Karun
She's worth more than this destroyer. We nuked a pirate tanker in two rounds with her targeting protocols. Database says her mother's species was practically born to maintain ships and build AI, so that should be a load off your shoulders if you take the time to educate her.

>Ty is so shortsighted
Ty is a soldier. If soldiers weren't shortsighted by nature, they'd turn their backs on the battlefield and demand better social standards from their own nations.

>I'm going insane.
That's par for the course.

>What do
Get acquainted with our new Techcarver. Show her the ropes, teach her AI programming skills, and hopefully she'll learn in time to ease your micromanaging load before you have an aneurysm.
>>
No. 945236 ID: ce39da

>>945233
Ix-nay on the ontact-cay... Ah whatever, she already heard us.

>>945230
You don't really need a crew for the battlecruiser with that grade-A technocarver at the helm, but yeah, the fuel issue might be more trouble than it's worth. You should definitely broach the topic of disposing of the ship with him; maybe he knows a guy (cough cough nudge)? BTW, she's prime material for the engineer position so you don't have to be that on top of being the ship's mechanic.
>>
No. 945241 ID: bcf428

>>945230
Sounds like you could have gotten yourself a ship without Ty. Why didn't you? Is tgere a thing between you two?

Anyway if you worry about how to keep your new ship afloat, you could consider negotiating with that megacorp who hired you. There has to be a bounty for surviving what even they knew was a suicide mission on top of that silver payout. See how much you can wring out of them before you worry about things like expenses.
>>
No. 945242 ID: 9876c4

You're good at ships, but you're bad at Ty.

It's a battleship, so it's cool, Ty probably played with them when he was a kid. It was also an escape from certain death, and a means to blow up more pirates! And the culmination of an adolescent dream! He's happy, and he wants you to know!

That said, he's probably not that attached to it, he just wants to be recognized for surviving in grand fashion. Own up to his success, and the MK VII doesn't really matter anyway. Because I think he'd rather have the ship you built too. You 2 should have a talk.

(Anyway, you're surrounded by raiders and mercs who just lost boatloads of ships, who just got payout on their bets. They'd pay out the ass for an intact warship.)
>>
No. 945245 ID: b1b4f3

>>945230
If we can't afford the ship then we can sell it. Easy.
>>
No. 945255 ID: bcf428

>>945245
The problem was finding a buyer that won't try to arrest or kill her like she said
>>
No. 945259 ID: 0fae41

You don't actually need much more crew, well maybe some more maintenance crew, but the ship literally flies itself thanks to the IFF scrambler. Maybe you should think like a pirate, and bury this treasure for later! Hide it somewhere no one will ever find it, and layer it with all sorts of nasty booby traps. Then, remind Ty who rigged all the detonators over his fancy destroyer when he does something boneheaded.
>>
No. 945362 ID: cb0c3f

>>945259
Switching my vote to hide the ship for later.
>>
No. 945396 ID: 482fee
File 156890624984.png - (176.22KB , 1400x1050 , 63.png )
945396

No there's nothing between me and Ty, at least not like that. You've seen that planet we left. That's where we grew up. It's a nightmare the Empire claimed just so they could say they owned that sector. I lost count of the number of ways I could have died an early death out there if it wasn't for Ty. He annoys me but I owe him my life so many times over. It's something I don't think I can ever repay. And given how long we live, that's saying something.

A...the slave is a technokarver? Well. That's a glimmer of light in this mess. I don't even want to think about what I'm going to do with that ship right now. First things first. Get a gauge of the technokarver. Maybe if I can get her interfacing with the ship, I can actually get this tub working properly without a new problem every hour.

>>
No. 945397 ID: 482fee
File 156890628588.png - (162.81KB , 1400x1050 , 64.png )
945397

:ty:"Dang it girl! Get out from under there!"

:karunboxed:"You told me to make myself at home."

:ty:"And just how is hiding under my bed doing that?!"

:karunboxed:"Luca would always have me sleep under hers."

:ty:"Well I'm not Luca! Get out!"

:karunboxed:"I can't...I'm stuck."
>>
No. 945398 ID: 482fee
File 156890630819.png - (231.66KB , 1400x1050 , 65.png )
945398

You're just flipping with me aren't you?
>>
No. 945400 ID: 9876c4

>No there's nothing between me and Ty,
Quest log updated!

> It's something I don't think I can ever repay.
Quest log updated!

>"I can't...I'm stuck."
Quest log updated...

>You're just flipping with me aren't you?
Quest parameters added!
>>
No. 945404 ID: 8ef59a

No we're totally serious! Take the carver, and hook her up to the ship. She can fix any problem you got.

And we still have that 'being stuck in a warzone' problem.
>>
No. 945407 ID: ce39da

Yeah... Once the battle is over, you'll have to dedicate some time towards... deprogramming her. Her time being slave-collared under that pirate queen was not kind to her. Thankfully, she seems devoid of any truly problematic issues, but there will be a lot of lingering quirks we'll have to sort through. Trust us, though; her skills are worth it.

Tell her to take off her helmet and help Ty get her out in two parts.
>>
No. 945412 ID: 094652

>It's a nightmare the Empire claimed just so they could say they owned that sector.
Well, it was a dystopian polluted nightmare, but it could seriously be worse. There are countries where entire cities are made of slaves whose literal purpose is to starve and suffer in front of a live audience, just to scare the upper class with threats of having their families and descendants brought down to that level.

>He annoys me but I owe him my life so many times over.
So he's your douche brother?

>You're just flipping with me aren't you.
Her former mistress was a sadistic dick, so she's the one who's flipping you right now.

Also her 'korian' mother had some... medical issues. Like 'had problems breathing fresh air even with advanced medical bio-engineering technology" issues. She should be mostly fine but I wouldn't suggest letting her breathe from any room that has visible mold stains.
>>
No. 945497 ID: 0fae41

If you have any ideas for fixing a slave collar with no key, we're all earpiece.
Ty, your strength is brute strength, just lift the bed up. Even if it's bolted to the floor. Especially if it's bolted to the floor.
>>
No. 945527 ID: 482fee
File 156909487228.png - (184.15KB , 1400x1050 , 66.png )
945527

:rocket:"Okay enough of that, out you go"

Uh Rocket, did you secure the prisoners yet?

:rocket:"No prisoners Seela, it's just the captain. He captured a ship."

How did-

:rocket:"Don't ask."

Well we're getting hailed by the Deductible. They want to talk apparently.

:rocket:"Ah piss! You karver! Out! Last thing we need them to see is us having an illegal slave in the crew!"

:ty:"Woah woah, where you taking her?"

:rocket:"Get her out of this...what he hells is this?"

:karunboxed:"My safety suit. That way if there's a system overload I don't try to rip my face off."

:rocket:"Okay, weird. We're getting you out of this an into something that can hide that collar."

:ty:"Well, can't you take that off?"

:rocket:"Hells no, I don't even know how that works. For all I know tampering with it could kill her. Come with me Karun."

:ty:"Okay then. Thanks Rocket."
>>
No. 945528 ID: 482fee
File 156909509742.png - (121.91KB , 1400x1050 , 67.png )
945528

:karunboxed:"Who is Karun?"

:rocket:"That's...that's your name. They told me that was your name."

:karunboxed:"It's not 'Slave'?"

:rocket:"No. Definitely not, that's just asking for trouble. How didn't Ty know this?"

:karunboxed:"Master never asked."

:rocket:"He wouldn't...and don't call him 'master' it just sounds so wrong to refer to Ty like that. Lessee. You're about my size, so I might have something. Strip down. I said strip down. Take that thing off."

:karunboxed:"Luca welded my bracer to my collar. She said she didn't want me accidentally trying to kill myself."

:rocket:"Have you tried to?"

:karunboxed:"No. I don't think Luca understood just how compelling this collar is."

:rocket:"Right well, we're putting you in something better. But I guess I'll have to make some adjustments. And for that matter you need a better name for now. How about..."

ASSIGN NAME AND OUTFIT

>>
No. 945529 ID: ce39da

Basmati

Get her that fashionable overcoat you had to wear to infiltrate that snooty party one time.
>>
No. 945530 ID: 9876c4
File 156910246513.jpg - (161.64KB , 1280x1810 , 10c6118c19b0a243f77dae29622743ce.jpg )
945530

Here's my proposal, but less hi-rez of course
A hooded grey overcoat with gold patterns and modest skirt, a utility belt with tool holsters, and a Bronzite bodice. Rubberized boots.

No mask, cuirass or Incisor

If she became -Vas Gutsnglory that'd sure be cute.
>>
No. 945538 ID: 094652

>Name
Adaluca; let her know she isn't just the property of Luca, she has surpassed Luca.
>>
No. 945562 ID: 0fae41

I think not ripping one's face off is an honorable pursuit. Maybe get her something with padded gloves for the same effect?
>>
No. 945580 ID: 482fee
File 156917949021.png - (287.33KB , 1400x1050 , try1.png )
945580

Need some tie breakers here

Basmati vas Gutsnglory or Adaluca vas Gutsnglory

Also the clothes. Which should she go with?

>>
No. 945581 ID: 9876c4

Clearly A. I'll give the nod to Basmati.
>>
No. 945591 ID: 0fae41

A and Basmati.
>>
No. 945614 ID: 1ecab9

B and Basmati
>>
No. 945615 ID: 094652

Adaluca, and the suit-dress on the right looks simple yet professional.
>>
No. 945659 ID: 482fee

Looks like Basmati won the name. But we're deadlocked on the costume. A or B?
>>
No. 945661 ID: 9876c4

>>945659
Which one would you rather draw 20+ times?
>>
No. 945663 ID: ce39da

B and Basmati. (Real flattering that my name won without me even voting.)
>>
No. 945668 ID: 539db7

A. And I'm not just saying that to tie the vote again
>>
No. 945715 ID: 482fee

>>945661
I'm fine with either, it's more an issue of remembering where everything is.

>>945668
Well you did. Come on, one more vote.
>>
No. 945716 ID: a13082

B
>>
No. 945765 ID: 482fee
File 156942492853.png - (230.56KB , 1400x1050 , 69.png )
945765

B it is moving on!
:rocket:"Basmati. That sounds good and unassuming."

:karunboxed:"Bassmeti."

:rocket:"No, Basmati. Bahs-mah-tee."

:karunboxed:"Bamati."

:rocket:"Close enough, we'll work more on it later. Just keep wearing that suit. I had it made when me and Ty had to infiltrate a...nevermind it's a long story. Just keep the collar up and"

Rocket, the Deductible has docked us with their ship. They're forcing the cargo doors open.


:rocket:"Oh for the- get Ty's ass down there now! And Seela and Bee, and that blue bitch!"

:karunboxed:"Should I come along?"

:rocket:"No! You-wait yes! I don't trust you to say the right things! You're coming with me until we can sort out this-"

"Hi~! So I believe we had an arrangement regarding the pirate base. So, when we said 'intact' we didn't mean 'blow half of it up' that's a flagrant breach of contract~"

:rocket:"Th-that wasn't our fault though!"

"Oh I'm sure you are dear but protocol must be followed~ Do please surrender yourselves for interrogation so we can put this ugly mess behind us~"
>>
No. 945768 ID: 9876c4

I'm thinking no. But I might be persuaded to go with HELL NO.
>>
No. 945769 ID: ce39da

"Wait, why are you singling us out? Or do you intend to detain every single sign-on for failing to see to the base not blown up? 'Cause they have about the same level of responsibility for what happened as us, that being 'not much.' My captain can tell you more, though, if you'll wait patiently."
>>
No. 945786 ID: c5dbdc

They got us in terms of numbers and size. Comply but only if our captains speak face to face before anything else happens
>>
No. 945789 ID: 094652

You just want to negotiate penalties with your freedom intact. Offer the destroyer as bail. If you cut and run, you're losing an entire starship.
>>
No. 945790 ID: 0fae41

Gee, a personal visit? Did the person who actually blew up the base tell you it was us? Because that was her sword sticking out the control panel. There was nothing we could have done at that point to stop it. How about half a bounty for half a base, eh?
>>
No. 946079 ID: 482fee
File 156978628610.png - (255.53KB , 1800x800 , 70.png )
946079

:Rocket:"Wait, why are you singling us out? Or do you intend to detain every single sign-on for failing to see to the base not blown up?"

"Just you dears. You're the only privateers that made it this far ahead of Cynisis assets. Then a pirate ship surrenders itself to you minutes after there is a catastrophic meltdown in the base. You understand how this looks. Now please come quietly."

:Rocket:"No. Not until our captains talk. You don't have the authority to seize my ship and I don't have the authority to surrender it. The Spatitime Codes as agreed between the Megacorps and the Empire state that-"

"Oh you're going to quote that at me are you? Alright I see. I was hoping we could have this done and over with before lunch, but looks like we'll have to drag this out. Alright. We'll play by the book."

:ty:"Rocket just what the hells is :tymad:WHAT THE FUCK?!"

"Hello captain Tybalt. It seems we have an issue with our contract. We stated the base was to be taken intact. There is now a very large hole in the side with valuable material flying out of it."

:tymad:"Did the person who actually blew up the base tell you it was us? Because that was her sword sticking out the control panel. There was nothing we could have done at that point to stop it."

"Was that an admission that you were onboard when the explosion ocurred?"

:tymad:"I never said I wasn't, look don't believe Janu, she's the one who-"

"We have recieved no reports from a 'Janu', nor have we been contacted by such an individual. However your admission only limits my options captain Tybalt. Now we can do this two ways. You can come with me to a cell where you can tell me what happened, or you can be in breach of contract, and I open fire. How will we do this captain?"

:tyuhh:"Oh shit did I just...?"

:Rocket:"Yes you did..."
>>
No. 946080 ID: 482fee

Sorry about that. Working from home on some things and it is eating up my time like a thing...that eats really fast, fuck I'm tired.
>>
No. 946093 ID: ce39da

Okay, we know for a fact that we're innocent, so I say we play by the book. We're not in breach of contract unless they can prove there was something we could have done. I vote that the only lie we're telling is when it was we found out about the reactor overload. If we scoot Janu telling us that fun little detail up to when she was about to make her getaway, that'll plug the only potential hole in our plausible deniability. If the sword detail comes up, and they ask how they knew, just saying you heard about it from Janu; you never saw it personally. This will also cover you if it happens to come out that we were mistaken about how she caused the meltdown.
>>
No. 946099 ID: 9876c4

Let's demand we retain Seelah as legal council. She's not a lawyer. but I bet she knows all about the rights of a detained officer. AND she wasn't onboard, which means she's presumed innocent.


Best of a bad situation and all that.
>>
No. 946192 ID: 482fee
File 156993915587.png - (154.96KB , 1400x1050 , 71.png )
946192

You're right. They got nothin on us. I think if I lie my way out we'll be fine.
:ty:"Okay okay fine, we'll cooperate. On two condition! One, you stay off my ship until this is all sorted out."

"Acceptable. And the second?"

:ty:"You wait for Seela to arrive so I can take her as as legal counsel."

"No."

:ty:"Rocket then."

:rocket:"What?!"

"Done."

:rocket:"Ty what the hells are you playing at?!"

:ty:"Well you know about space laws and stuff. They aren't going to wait. Everything should be fine."
>>
No. 946196 ID: 482fee
File 156993951733.png - (272.57KB , 1400x1050 , 72.png )
946196

:tyuhh:"This is not fine."

:rocket:"No, I'd say this is going according to plan right?"

:tyuhh:"You're enjoying this!"

:rocket:"What gives you that idea?"

STAND BY FOR RECORDS AND TESTIMONY. STAND BY FOR RECORDS AND TESTIMONY

:tyuhh:"Whuzzat mean?"

:rocket:"It means they're sending someone to get a statement from you. Could be used as evidence against you. Could just be used as a way to prove to their boss they did all they could so they can cover their ass. I dunno. I don't keep up with everything out there Ty, but I think they're trained to pick up on lies, so really make it sound like the truth."

:tyuhh:"And how the hells do I do that?"

:rocket:""Don't think about it. You know, just act like you always do."

:tyuhh:"Oh I guess I could-HEY!"
>>
No. 946204 ID: 5346e8

Well that just verifies that just means they're panicking and are lookong for someone to blame. So we give them someone to blame.

Rocket says they are trained to detect the truth right? So we tell them part of the truth. Make it clear Janu started any fighting, and that she sabotaged the base, and that nothing bad would have happened if Janu wasn't there
>>
No. 946207 ID: 9876c4

Everything went better than expected. We got you guys on a Tribunal Date!

Even if you're contracted to not disclose your objective, you've got no reason to not talk about all of Spinstorm's dirty deeds.
>>
No. 946215 ID: ce39da

Never said to lie out your ass. For the most part, just tell them what happened. All we gotta do is omit or reword the incriminating stuff:

> Don't mention what Janu told us about sabotaging the reactor until after you testify about her escape, and let them make the wrong assumptions about when it happened. This should be easy if your method of giving testimony is a rambling stream of consciousness to begin with, which isn't hard to imagine with you. Simply don't bring up being near the said reactor, and we're golden.

> When the IFF scrambler comes up, simply tell an abridged and sterilized truth, in that you "neutralized the impediment it posed to the fleet once we stormed the comms tower."

> Tell the truth about how you took the ship out of there but don't get into specifics about how you navigated it through the battle.

Follow these three omission bullet points, and we should be in the clear. Refer back to us if an unexpected question comes up.
>>
No. 946382 ID: 508cb3
File 157014878213.png - (204.80KB , 1400x1050 , 73.png )
946382

Begin record. Questions will be stated. Answers will be returned. Truth will be spoken.

:ty:"Yeah that's the-"

Refrain from speaking unless it is to answer questions. Query: Did you board the base ahead of your designated battlegroup?


:ty:"Well hey, I didn't go ahead, I got out of an ambush-"

Yes or no.

:ty:"Yes but-"

Did you or did you not engage in unauthorized hostilities with pirate forces without a Cynisis representative?

:ty:"Well yeah I never even had one on board-"

Query:Did you appropriate stolen Cynysis weaponry without pre-approved Cynisis permission?

:ty:"Those guns? They had no numbers on them, how am I supposed to tell what belongs to who-"

Query: Did you sabotage the array?

:ty:"No that was Janu-"
>>
No. 946383 ID: 508cb3
File 157014880795.png - (266.98KB , 1400x1050 , 74.png )
946383


Query:Did you encounter Cynysis Criminal 8731?

:ty:"I...what?"

:rocket:"...the hells?"

Query:Did you encounter Cynysis Criminal 8731?

>>
No. 946385 ID: b1b4f3

>>946383
Welp. Slave or not, she's too hot to keep. Say yes.
>>
No. 946392 ID: ce39da

I mean, it's not like they're asking if we have her. Say yes, but don't elaborate.

Also, it might be really bad if this company was after the very thing we came here for the whole time. Keep that in mind.
>>
No. 946401 ID: 0fae41

Say no. There's a case to be argued that the person you encountered was altered sufficiently to be a different person.
>>
No. 946402 ID: 9876c4

We encountered a pirate captive with that general appearance.
>>
No. 946403 ID: 094652

>>946402
Seconded
>>
No. 946408 ID: ef43ca

>>946385
No we need her later remember? Just say yes. If it presses you about her whereabouts just say 8731 no longer exists. Which is technically true. She's Basmati now.
>>
No. 946615 ID: ab2866
File 157039443015.png - (285.08KB , 1400x1050 , 75.png )
946615

:tyuhh:"Uh...yes."

Where is 8731?

:ty:"I dunno."

Increased temperatures, eyes dilating, perspiration increasing. You are lying. Where is 8731?

:ty:"W-wait I thought you were more interested in Cynisis property, what's this interest in her?"

All Cynysis Criminals are property of Cynisis. You will answer. Divulge location of 8731

:ty:[b]"She doesn't exist anymore!"

...explain

>>
No. 946621 ID: 9876c4

Liquidation or reassignment of pirate assets makes identity a bitch to confirm! Did you see what happened to the rest of that base?


(On thin ice, but technically telling the truth)
>>
No. 946628 ID: 094652

"Luca, she... she did things to... she... the things that... I, I don't want to talk about it.

We're scattering her ashes tomorrow."

(As in, scattering the ashes of her clothes)
>>
No. 946630 ID: ce39da

>>946625
What? No.

>>946628
Let's not admit to being in possession of remains of any kind.

>>946621
I think this is the most plausible of these options. Making them fill in the blanks with what looks like an easy assumption seems to be the name of the game here. Also: "I'd like to state, for the record, that Janu, is a bitch."
>>
No. 946654 ID: 0fae41

Slave collar was applied to Criminal 8731 by pirate known as Janu. Janu spaced Criminal 8731's collar controls as disciplinary action. Criminal 8731 is no longer in employ of pirate known as Janu.
>>
No. 946660 ID: 9876c4

>>946630
Let's appear to 'answer' this question, and field that one if we're asked about it.
>>
No. 946803 ID: 482fee
File 157059915503.png - (189.01KB , 1400x1050 , 76.png )
946803

:ty:"Liquidation or reassignment of any assets makes identity of anything a bitch to confirm! Did you see what happened to the rest of that base?"

Query: Confess destruction of Cynisis assets?


:ty:"I confess to Janu being a bitch! I told you already she's the one that did it!"
>>
No. 946804 ID: 482fee
File 157059916758.png - (180.40KB , 1400x1050 , 77.png )
946804

No record of Janu exists

:ty:"Yeah no shit, because she worked for the pirates."

No record of Janu on known Spinstorm operative database

:ty:"She quit, that's why she was sabatoging the base, she was erasing any trace of her working for them."

Further evidence required


:ty:"Oh for-seriously?"
>>
No. 946805 ID: b1b4f3

>>946804
Any record of Garit, Luca's accomplice? Or if they can find Luca, Janu was the one who kidnapped her.
>>
No. 946808 ID: 094652

... I think it's staring at us. Act casual.
>>
No. 946812 ID: 9876c4

We aren't guilty of your lack of intel! And the fact remains that we had no motive for destruction of that scale!

Maybe you should get your own house in order.
>>
No. 946813 ID: 9876c4

>>946812
Although- actually there is something. An escape pod left the base minutes before the reactor went critical. HiViz radar or a zoom lens could maybe pick it up.

That's your girl.
>>
No. 946814 ID: ce39da

>>946805
This, but also precede it with; “Read my lips, Mr. Animatronic Lie-Detector; does it sound to you like I’m making her up?” Also, it might be helpful to point out the approximate that-a-ways of where her escape pod was heading (or at least simply tell them about its existence and the when and where of it launching and let them figure out the direction if we don’t know; don’t forget to mention the betrayal aspect of it).
>>
No. 947061 ID: 482fee
File 157099875929.png - (58.95KB , 1400x1050 , 78.png )
947061

:ty:"Read my lips, Mr. Animatronic Lie-Detector; does it sound to you like I’m making her up? If you wanna fact check me, scan for any trace of an escape pod that was jettisoned before that destroyer launched. That's your girl."

Scanning. One match identified. Tracking now.

:tyuhh:"That must be her, that's your culprit. Hey...is this in real time?"

Correct.

:tyuhh:"Then she's heading for that ship I-oh son of a..."

>>
No. 947062 ID: 482fee
File 157099877277.png - (56.89KB , 1400x1050 , 79.png )
947062

Radiation spike detected.

:tymad:"AUGH BITCH! SHE STOLE MY RIDE!"
>>
No. 947064 ID: 482fee
File 157099891310.png - (233.17KB , 1400x1050 , 80.png )
947064

:rocket:"Well on the plus side, after that little display they let us go without searching out ship. Good thing too or they would have found Basmati here stuck in the pantry"

:karunboxed:"I didn't know food had taste!"

:rocket:"You know those are at least three months expired right?"

:karunboxed:"And?"

:rocket:"You and Ty are made for each other..."

:ty:"Back on topic Rocket, what's the damage?"

:Rocket:"Well they were able to cite the destruction of the base as a breach of contract so they aren't going to pay us. The only payout we're getting is from Bettings and Claims. It's hefty but it's only a fraction of what the original contract fee would have been."

:ty:"Give me a number Rocket, how much?"

:Rocket:"6 million Kushel."

:ty:"Alright! Jackpot!"

:Rocket:"Ty, we're going to be spending half a million a week as it is. That's not something to celebrate."

:karunboxed:"That still gives us twelve weeks to find a new jackpot right?"
>>
No. 947065 ID: 482fee

Jet lag is a bitch, updates are kind of slow right now as I'm just blasted
>>
No. 947066 ID: acfea1

>>947064
More like six weeks, we don't want to not have an operating budget when we're doing work. But yeah, nice. We're liquid again.

Go find some more work I guess.
>>
No. 947067 ID: b1b4f3

>>947064
Alright first order of business is finding out what Basmati did to piss off Cynisis. If it's bad enough we may need to abandon any notion of removing the slave collar. After all, it's the only reason we have to trust her at the moment.
>>
No. 947070 ID: ce39da

As it so happens, we already have another job lined up! In fact, we had to choose between it and the pirate gig regarding what we wanted to do first.
>>
No. 947072 ID: 094652

> Janu has captured the flag
> Low suspicion of harboring Basmati
This is one of those bitter, bitter moments when you realize you can't have nice, shiny things because you're busy running a daycare of crown princesses and superhero sidekicks.

> [Basmati] and Ty are made for each other...
You have no idea.

> What do
They have Basmati's face on file, you might want to give her some accessories to hide her more distinguished features while off-duty.

Ask her what Luca made her do.
>>
No. 947087 ID: 9876c4

Sleep is often time well spent

>>947067
As a legal slave, she's classifiable as a company asset, and the lack of scrutiny could keep her safer. It's not like she's being abused more than anyone else we hired.

Ty's impulsiveness is the only thing keeping things in the black right now. Let that be a lesson, and try to find lucrative side gigs while moving to that 2nd mission.
>>
No. 947089 ID: 5b93d3

We've still got the ship's controller. If we can tell where Jamu jumped to, we can follow the ship and steal it right back.
>>
No. 947205 ID: 482fee
File 157119985498.png - (268.93KB , 1400x1050 , 81.png )
947205

:ty:"Well don't you worry, I got another job lined up for us. First things first though. Basmati. Why are you a Cynisis criminal?"

:karunboxed:"Oh? I suppose they want me back then."

:ty:"Yeah, what did you do to piss them off."

:karunboxed:"Oh they owned me. Before Luca, I belonged to Cynisis. Not any individual, I was slaved to the Cynisis corporate entity as a whole. Rezan technokarvers are an advantage the Empire have over all the other factions in the space game so they hoard us like crazy for all the stuff we can do. Cynisis believed that the Empire wasn't exploiting our abilities to the fullest, so they hired mercenaries to abduct and enslave me when I was real young before the Empire even discovered I existed. I don't know how they found me out before the Imperial Service did, but they did. They did all kinds of stuff to my head that boosted my mental capacity so I can process data much faster than most technokarvers employed by the Empire. I also can break into any security system out there in registered space. Granted it's been some time since I've been updated, but they also gave me predictive algorithms so I can figure it out or brute force the new stuff pretty quick. Also unlike most technokarvers in the Empire that balance between learning technomajiks and cyberwarfare, I am exclusively dedicated to cyberwarfare. As such I could effectively control an entire battlefleet by myself if the need arises.

Then there's the doors. Not literal doors, but mental stuff. I don't know a better way to describe it. It feels like there's a part of my mind locked away and I don't know what's behind it. I'm pretty sure Cynisis knows though. They put plenty of stuff in there already, it wouldn't surprise me if they decided to keep some stuff secret even from me.

Anyway, that's why Luca wanted me. It's why she got so rich off me. I was able to hijack any shp in minutes, and overload the weapons of her rivals in a heartbeat. She had no equal and it's what allowed her pirates to become such a problem. It's also why Cynisis branded me a criminal. If word gets out they turned me into a superweapon, it'll be a race to see if the Hegemony or the Empire wipes them out first trying to get to me."

:tyuhh:"...well. Shit."

:karunboxed:"Got anymore of this 'peppercorn ranch' paste?"

:rocket:"That's salad dressing..."
>>
No. 947206 ID: b1b4f3

>>947205
Hidden information? Of extremely high potential value? Sounds like we need to figure out how to get those doors open. Do we know anyone with the necessary expertise? Or how to find someone without tripping a bunch of red flags that will get Cynisis on our asses again?

Also, if we get really desperate we could sell her to either of the big superpowers... unless they'd just kill us all to take her without any loose ends. That seems very likely, actually.
>>
No. 947211 ID: b1b4f3

...wait, how did the slave collar work to tie her to a corporate entity? Can't get blood from a corporation. There must be some advanced functionality for that I guess?
>>
No. 947212 ID: 9876c4

How likely is it... that whoever sent us to retrieve this scrambler knew those exact details?
How likely is it we're being paid(or even promised) enough to transport a secret of this level?

Not that it particularly matters, since telling the government is obviously not a great, or cost-effective idea.
>>
No. 947239 ID: ce39da

So while we did lose a lot of money in the lost contract, the bet will keep us afloat for a bit, and Basmati is a near-priceless asset; I’d count this as a win. BTW, let’s keep the helmet on hand, both for operative function (though mittens work to that end too) and anonymity if she ever has a reason to leave the ship or be in the presence of guests (welcome and otherwise).

Someone make an actual meal for her before she gets too lost in the world of basic-ass flavor.

Let’s check up on the guys we didn’t take along for the mission. Obviously, they knew we could only fit three people on that pod, but it’s still good to keep them engaged.
>>
No. 947435 ID: 482fee
File 157153101145.png - (193.49KB , 1400x1050 , 82.png )
947435

:tyuhh:"...wait, how did the slave collar work to tie you to a corporate entity?"


:karunboxed:"I'd like to know that myself. It happened when I was so young, and so many of my old memories have been scrambled I honestly don't know what happened back then. But anyone that was legally employed by Cynisis I was compelled to obey."

I should bring the rest of the crew in to check in on our newest addition. Speaking of...


"That's the karver? Looks scrawny. With a name like 'technokarver' I thought there'd be some more muscle on them. I could probably snap her like a twig."

"Another girl! I'm surrounded by girls! It's like my gods damned erotica, I'm on a ship full of girls!"

"Fuck off Del. What is she? I don't recognize that geneology. Is she a homeworld breed or a xenos-hybrid?"

"What's going on? Why's everyone crowding around the mess room door?"

"Where are your pants?"
>>
No. 947440 ID: 094652

> Questions
Stretch a few times and then nuzzle Basmati like a cat. Krogan purring.

Then ask if they want a serious captain or a cat captain, because if you're not going to listen to their whining you may as well do it like a cat.
>>
No. 947450 ID: 9876c4

In some semblance of order

Don't break the Technokarver. She costs more than we'll ever make, and we don't know where to get another.
But unlike your Sims, all of them are grumpy, and none are horny. Except for Toikani, who might be both?
A Xenos hybrid from another system.
Because they have questions, and I have snark.
Missing!
>>
No. 947555 ID: ce39da

>>947450
Do this.

>>947440
Never like this. Only villains do that.
>>
No. 947662 ID: 482fee
File 157180687512.png - (225.87KB , 1400x1050 , 83.png )
947662

:ty:"Alright! In some sorta order, don't break the Technokarver. She costs more than we'll ever make, and we don't know where to get another. Unlike your Sims Del, all of the girls are grumpy, and none are horny. Except for Toikani, who probably wants to break you in half."

"True. I do."

:ty:"She's a xenos hybrid from another system. And my pants are firmly around my legs, and yours are missing!"

"I know that. Do you always need to keep it so cool in the hall? Talk about hard nipples. So what's all this talk about?"

:ty:"Talk to Rocket, I have got shit to do."

:rocket:"Oh come on!"

:karunboxed:"What is 'H-ah-t s-ahw-ss'?"

:rocket:"Don't drink that!"
>>
No. 947663 ID: 482fee
File 157180696926.png - (57.63KB , 1400x1050 , 84.png )
947663


"Cynisis was harboring a technokarver? That's...I wasn't expecting that."


:ty:"So you didn't know the IFF Scrambler you sent me to find was going to be a living person?"

"I had my suspicions. Hegemony often makes their own artificial counters to Imperial Technokarvers and pirates often buy the services of unlisted karvers off the black market. I thought it was a 50/50 chance you were going to find a device or a person to coerce. But a slave? This is the first time I've ever heard of a megacorp enslaving one. I'm going to have to look into this later."

:ty:"Yeah so about that other job I wanted to ask you something?"

"What?"


:tyuhh:"Well..."
>>
No. 947693 ID: ce39da

"Like, is the job still up? How's the situation there developed since we last talked? I figured investigating this silent colony for this dude would be less urgent than the pirate thing, but just leaving it alone for a few weeks like we ended up doing probably wouldn't cause any good developments to happen, huh?"
>>
No. 947695 ID: 9876c4

Scale of 1 to Godwin, how likely is it we're walking into another diplomatic event of Enslaved Technokarver scale?

Also, our operating expenses. We'd never ask for a handout, oh mysterious benefactor, but is there some sort of high priced cover we could undertake while digging into this colony drop?

Salvage rights? A missing shipment? Battlemech derby?
>>
No. 947750 ID: 094652

Does this next job come with insurance? Because you lost most of your profit on something that wasn't your fault. And you keep picking up high-value VIPS that you can't cash in and who paint giant targets on your ship. If this keeps up, your company is going to become one giant golden goose, and it will get axed before it can lay by all the stupid that is the galactic outlaw community at large.
>>
No. 947766 ID: 4546e3

Can we get some actual info going in this time? Our last source was apparently not on the level.
>>
No. 947790 ID: 482fee
File 157197772857.png - (67.37KB , 1400x1050 , 85.png )
947790

:tyuhh:"Like a lot of stuff. Can we get some actual info going in this time? Our last source was apparently not on the level."

"I'm afraid all I can tell you that it will be Primogen. Expect typical what you would in a Primogen scenario: advanced technology, a cold reception, and a lot of words that go on and on but don't mean much. Even my contact, despite being a whistle-blower among his people, barely tolerates the 'necessity to sully the requirement to debase his physical form to cast words to lower lifeforms' like myself. Expect to hear things like that. From the friendlier ones."


:tyuhh:"Is the job even still up? How's the situation there developed since we last talked? I figured investigating this silent colony for this dude would be less urgent than the pirate thing, but just leaving it alone for a few weeks like we ended up doing probably wouldn't cause any good developments to happen, huh?"

"My contact has assured me the situation has remained as it is, the Primogen is keeping all news suppressed. Infighting among the Great Houses stops efforts to respond to the situation, so there's three war fleets docked half a jump away unable to do anything until their caste masters can stop bickering with each other over docking rights. According to my contact, this can take years. All that is in system is a token fleet blocking all traffic to or from the colony...all save for what my contact knows about. He can get you in."

:tyuhh:"Legit, how likely is it we're walking into another diplomatic event of Enslaved Technokarver scale?"

"I honestly do not know. Little is known on the Primogen, and what is known about this colony makes it difficult to form any hypothesis. Simply put, I doubt anyone would care if you...did a little damage. Well no one who matters."

:tyuhh:"Does this next job come with insurance?"

"Of course. Pay. Don't worry. My contact already has a hefty sum of two hundred million prepared for you upon completion. And if for whatever reason he decides not to pay...Primogen technology is in high demand on the black market. If some of colony salvage was to disappear..."

:ty:"Ah. I gotcha. You're talking about stealing right?"
>>
No. 947801 ID: ce39da

Don't put it in such blase terms. Also, make sure what you take doesn't look too important. Also, thanks for telling us about an easy berserk button we can press on these guys if the need arises. (I've got a deliciously concise summation of the failures of their way of speaking geared up to put them on blast... if the need arises, of course.)
>>
No. 947811 ID: 5cce25

Time to break the good news to Rocket! I'm sure she'll feel much better knowing you aleady got another job secured.
>>
No. 947870 ID: 9876c4

>Advanced technology, a cold reception, and a lot of words that go on and on but don't mean much.
We've really got to take Toikani on this one!
>>
No. 948202 ID: 482fee
File 157232415844.gif - (42.57KB , 1400x1050 , 85p.gif )
948202

Lost power all weekend. Just got it back now. I should have an update by tomorrow night. Just so you know I'm not dead.
>>
No. 948212 ID: 9876c4

>>948202
You have the power!(again)
>>
No. 948350 ID: 482fee
File 157241523004.png - (149.40KB , 1400x1050 , 86.png )
948350

Hey yeah, Rocket could use some cheering up.

:rocket:...

:ty:"Ain't that great? Huh? Huh? Are you tired? You're tired. You're tired, I'll come back later and"

:rocket:"The Alliance War."
>>
No. 948352 ID: 482fee
File 157241532762.png - (149.11KB , 1400x1050 , 87.png )
948352

:ty:"What?"

:rocket:"The Alliance War. The one time the Hegemony and Empire signed a ceasefire, allied with each other and the Federation to fight against who?"

:ty:"This a trick question?"

:karunboxed:"The Primogen Expansion Fleet. The war lasted fifty years with an estimated casualties of around twelve billion but the total is still being calculated, six systems have been rendered uninhabitable."

:tyuhh:"How come you know that if you were isolated for so long?"

:karunboxed:"I'm pulling information off the wiki now."

:rocket:"And you want us to go into a colony of the same people that nearly wiped out the Empire to find out what is bad enough to scare them?"
>>
No. 948356 ID: b1b4f3

You're goddamn right.
>>
No. 948373 ID: 9876c4

Sure, I mean...
We don't exactly have to look far to find what's bad enough to scare me:
Doing bit work, never getting out of debt, until we become a loose end that gets cut.
The way out of that isn't paved with nice places or nice people.

You've always been good at the big picture. Is this personal?
>>
No. 948387 ID: 094652

"Rocket, the Primogen are self-absorbed, overconfident aristo-nerds. If anything scares them, that's because they can't enslave and torture it as usual. That does not mean it can't be negotiated with. Or made allies with. Or convinced to attack the Primogen even further until we become filthy rich from stealing all their sci-fi supertech.

Or maybe they've got an incurable species-specific disease and we'll all be fine."
>>
No. 948388 ID: ce39da

"Less scared, more coveting. The reason they aren't moving in is because they're arguing over who gets dibs. I'm told that greedy bureaucratic paralysis is common for these guys."
>>
No. 948415 ID: 907720

"200 million Rocket. Do the math. Because I can't but I bet that's a lot."
>>
No. 948449 ID: 0fae41

Yes. And to find some neat Primogen toys in the process. Imagine what Primogen cupholders must be like.
>>
No. 948513 ID: 482fee
File 157258689732.png - (140.64KB , 1400x1050 , 88.png )
948513

:ty:"Well yeah. I mean it can't be that bad. Maybe they've got an incurable species-specific disease and we'll all be fine. Or they got some rebels or something. The reason they aren't moving in is because they're arguing over who gets dibs. I'm told that greedy bureaucratic paralysis is common for these aristo-nerds."

:rocket:"That still doesn't mean."

:ty:"200 million Rocket. Do the math. Because I can't but I bet that's a lot. And we get to keep whatever neat Primogen toys we find. Imagine what Primogen cupholders must be like."

:rocket:"...fine."

:ty:"See? I knew you'd agree, this is a great idea you won't regret-"

:rocket:"Shut up and plot a course before I have a chance to think about it."
>>
No. 948514 ID: 482fee
File 157258703512.png - (187.25KB , 1400x1050 , 89.png )
948514

"It's already done."

:rocket:"What? How?!"

"You're technokarver. She crunched all the numbers for me. I dunno how, but she did hours of calculations in seconds, it's insane!"

:karunboxed:"I told you I can process large amounts of data. Plotting jumps aren't too hard."

"You just removed the most annoying part of my job, I LOVE THIS GIRL! WE'RE KEEPING HER!"

:karunboxed:"These are a lot firmer than they look."

:ty:"So does that mean I can go then orrrrr"

:rocket:"Get out and do something before I do something we both regret."

:ty:"Right going!"

That went well. You know I think Rocket is upset about something. You think maybe she's still adjusting to Basmati?
>>
No. 948515 ID: b1b4f3

It was probably the interrogation and loss of contract payment.
>>
No. 948526 ID: 9876c4

She wants you to want her.
Ya (p=m/V) goof.
>>
No. 948528 ID: ce39da

Yeah, she's probably still sour about the twists the last job had, and about how reckless your decision making in general is.

As for how to kill time, how about we debrief with the people we took with us to the pirate base and perhaps brace them for the possibility that if this is another pod shuttle job, they'll be sitting it out this time.
>>
No. 948543 ID: 0fae41

I think she wants a hug from our pilot too.
Let's go check up on Mako!
>>
No. 948741 ID: 482fee
File 157294140128.png - (135.33KB , 1400x1050 , 90.png )
948741

Hey yeah, I've seen everyone around the ship this whole time but not Mako. She's always underfoot, so it's kinda odd that I don't even see her one ti

:tymad:"WHAT THE FUCK?!"
>>
No. 948743 ID: 094652

QUICK SEVER EVERY WIRE THAT DOESN'T LOOK EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE, NOW!!!
>>
No. 948744 ID: ce39da

Check the readout to see what's happening while you scream for your technocarver and engineer to both get in here and tell you what's happening.
>>
No. 948746 ID: 9876c4

Are we doing murder mystery on a closed spaceship? Is that what we're doing now?
>>
No. 948750 ID: 33056f

Check the screen first! How long has she been like this?
>>
No. 948773 ID: 28dc04

Looks like someone has been snorting robo-drugs. Whether it's an overdose remains to be seen.
>>
No. 948784 ID: de4006

>>948741
bet you that what's-his-name asked her to look up illicit pornography for him and it bluescreened her with malware
>>
No. 949014 ID: 482fee
File 157318785372.png - (184.21KB , 1400x1050 , 91.png )
949014

:tymad:"Rocket! Get down to your workshop! Someone strung up Mako like godsdamn hazard signal!"

I-I have no idea how to read this technobabble. The fuck does a 'Reg_Seq.log' even mean?!

>>
No. 949015 ID: 482fee
File 157318788764.png - (183.14KB , 1400x1050 , 92.png )
949015

:mako:"T-t-t-t-tty?"

:tyuhh:"Mako? Mako! Can you hear me?"

:mako:"T-tybalt. What are you doing?"
>>
No. 949018 ID: b1b4f3

>>949015
Show her the thing, ask if it's safe to just yank it off.
>>
No. 949038 ID: 9876c4

We're trying to fix you, and this is a non-smoking vessel except on designated poker nights
>>
No. 949043 ID: 33056f

"Uhh... Vibe check?"
>>
No. 949056 ID: 094652

"There was smoke coming out of your crown."
>>
No. 949057 ID: e2aa43

You were BSOD-ing and I was troubleshooting your brain
>>
No. 949059 ID: ce39da

“I don’t know! What is this thing, and how to I disconnect it safely?!”
>>
No. 949200 ID: 482fee
File 157342049930.png - (175.49KB , 1400x1050 , 93.png )
949200

:tyuhh:"Your eyes were red, there was smoke coming out of your crown, how am I supposed to take that?"

:mako:"O-oh. Sssorry. I was-hold on. I was attempting to interface with my Primogen matrix. Nothing on this ship can directly comminicate with it so I had to improvise..."

:tymad:"But why? You were BSOD-ing and stuff!"


:mako:"It's not a perfect system. I'm working with technology that was never meant to interface with this thing. And then you said we were heading into Primogen space and well...I'm concerned."

:tyuhh:"Concerned? What do you have to be concerned about?"

:mako:"You really don't know? Captain, until Janu spoke to me, I didn't even know I was running off Primogen tech. I don't know what this thing is capable of doing, or what it is doing to me if it is doing anything at all. I don't know how I'll react when in the presence of a live Primogen, or if they'll be able to take control of me. And what's worse? Janu was right in a way. There's more to this matrix than I thought."

:tyuhh:"You mean-"

:mako:"The interface was partially successful. There's someone else in here. I can't access them, but they're in here. And that scares me as well. Can the Primogen bring them out? What will happen to ME if that happens? There's too many unknowns. I know I shouldn't be. I don't even know if this is really fear I'm feeling because I'm copying someone else's brain or just a really advanced Primogen simulation of fear. It's messing me up inside."
>>
No. 949201 ID: b1b4f3

>>949200
Alright. This sounds like a job for our karver. Also tell Rocket the situation's fine.
>>
No. 949212 ID: ce39da

>>949201
At the very least, there's nothing on fire. Not sure if she's completely "fine," so let's work on helping her fix that. Let's get Basmati down here, and get her mask out while we're at it; this might be a no-face-clawing mask task. Stress that this is going to be a read-only mission at first; she can't screw around with anything until we can be sure that she can put stuff back the way it was if she breaks something.
>>
No. 949240 ID: 86bf0a

>>949212
>>949201
Woah woah Mako just said she dosen't know what'll happen if she screws with her matrix. Sending Basmati in sounds exactly like "screwing with it"
>>
No. 949246 ID: 9876c4

In future, try to play with yourself in a way that doesn't cause neural damage.
>>
No. 949308 ID: 29988a
File 157352915087.png - (134.53KB , 1400x1050 , 94.png )
949308

:tyuhh:"Basmati are you sure this is gonna work? I mean I saw Mako's wiring and that was all messed up and stuff."

:karverbox:"Mako was attempting to jury-rig an interface with herself. A lot of workarounds and looping back. This is just me accessing her matrix directly. Much simpler."

:ty:"Okay I understood none of that. How long until you finish tinkering with-"

:karverbox:"Done."

:ty:"What? That fast? So is Mako fixed? Is there like a second person or something? Did you get it out?"

:karverbox:"No."

:tyuhh:"And now I'm lost again. You just said you were done."

:karverbox:"There is a second personality dormant in there. I made contact. It is keyed to a specific genelock. The design is Primogen itself but the gene-key could technically be any race if someone else had their hands on the matrix."

:tyuhh:"er-But you got the algothingies right? You can crack it open?"

:karverbox:"Not gently master. The genelock is on a limited timeloop, I spend too many cycles on one iteration and I get booted out and the cipher resets. I could brute force it-overload each iteration with every possible entry at the same time and overload it; but this is Primogen technology. I might...break it if I do. I don't know what will happen to Mako's existing personality or the dormant one if that happens."

:mako:"It's alright. I don't think I'll accompany you on this mission captain. I don't think I should be on this ship when you enter Primogen space actually. There are too many variables and too many risks to myself and the crew."
>>
No. 949310 ID: 094652

Right, we'll look for Primogen security AI-Keys while we're down there. But keep Mako on standby in case we need Primogen tech that isn't trying to kill us.
>>
No. 949317 ID: b1b4f3

>>949308
Alright Mako. Let's set up somewhere safe for her to stay while we're out there.
I wish there was some clue as to who has the key to this thing. ...wait, can we change the genelock?
>>
No. 949321 ID: 0fae41

I don't like the idea of leaving you alone when Janu knows about you and might try and snag that crown again. Maybe we can ask a Primogen for help with the tech. Our contact seems willing to talk, at least.
>>
No. 949328 ID: 9876c4

Unfortunately we still need a medic on standby. Remain on the ship inconspicuously.
>>
No. 949333 ID: d3cb99

Okay, what safe locations off-ship do we know?
>>
No. 949340 ID: ce39da

"Is there a way to safely shut her down for a little bit, or at least cut off enough access and transmission that there's nothing for Primogen to connect to while we're there? I'll talk to Rocket about any physical solutions we might have, but anything that doesn't require Mako to sit in the time-out corner of empty space in an escape pod or something would be excellent."

"Also, Imma go ahead and just order you not to refer to me as "master." Call me Ty. Or if you gotta use a title, I'd prefer something less formal, like uh... boss, maybe? "Boss" might be fine."
>>
No. 949350 ID: 9876c4

>>949340
But 'Master' is cute, and lets us know who's speaking in big conversations...
>>
No. 949422 ID: 29988a
File 157368541065.png - (165.66KB , 1400x1050 , 95.png )
949422

:ty:"Okay first off Basmati, last time I'm saying this. Stop calling me master. I'm sick of this. Call me boss, captain, I don't care, as long as it isn't master. Alright?"

:karverbox:"Daddy?"

:tyuhh:"Okay now you're just fucking with me.:ty:As for you Mako, no can do. We don't know any safe off-ship locations and we need a medic."

:mako:"But cap-"

:ty:"Look I know this whole crown thing is freaking you out, but we'll get help. Heck maybe this Primogen will even help, we don't know what'll happen. Till then, you stay on the ship. Just...inconspicuously. Alright? Don't start preaching doom before we even get there okay? You're my crew, I look after ya, remember?"

:mako:"...thank you."

:ty:"Uh...yeah."
>>
No. 949423 ID: 29988a
File 157368546910.png - (178.09KB , 1400x1050 , 96.png )
949423

:tyuhh:"Uh I can explain."

:rocket:"Yeah I'm sure you can. I just don't care. Get out of my workshop."
>>
No. 949424 ID: 29988a
File 157368552167.png - (378.89KB , 1400x1050 , 97.png )
949424

:rocket:"Ty, are you sure these are the right coordinates?"

:ty:"Course it is. It was right the last time."

:rocket:"Yeah but this is null space, nothing is out here."
>>
No. 949425 ID: 29988a
File 157368556503.gif - (2.01MB , 1400x1050 , 98.gif )
949425

:rocket:"Gods dammit..."

:tyuhh:"Oooh that's big"


This is The Fury of the Martyred Saints Knows no Equal in the Honored Halls of House Sallastra speaking to the speck to the starboard side of my vessel.


:rocket:"The hells?! They just hijacked our commlink! I didn't even turn it on yet!"

:tyuhh:"Um. This. This is Tybalt of"

I know who you are. I am Second Vastus Mastula of Sallastra. Our mutual contact has arranged our meeting. You shall dock in Bay 2 of my vessel and shall we shall meet in two hours and two minutes time as tradition dictates. Additionally, as you are the guest, you are required to bring your second aboard as tradition dictates. I shall await you both.

Uh captain? Del here. I'm at the gun controls and, well I just got locked out. Everything's shutting down. What's going on up there?

:karverbox:"We're getting pulled into the ship's docking bay."

:rocket:"Ty if this is a trap where they kill us, I'm killing you first!"
>>
No. 949426 ID: b1b4f3

If this was a trap where they'd kill us they'd have done so already. They could have opened all the airlocks or something.
>>
No. 949440 ID: 094652

>>>949422
Call him 'onii-chan':P

> Second Vastus Mastula, Bay 2, two hours and two minutes, second aboard...
Someone's a control freak...
Or maybe his mother is 2!

> What do
Start covertly hacking into THEIR systems and build an escape route as plan B.
>>
No. 949443 ID: 0fae41

Please don't threaten to kill me while we're meeting with them, okay Rocket? Because they're asking for you. To come aboard their ship. Full of working Primogen technology. Focus on that instead.
>>
No. 949498 ID: b330e4

>>949425
Haven't even met the guy and it's obvious he has an ego that can swallow planets. Bring Toikani along. Mastula won't be able to tell who our second in command is and I'm sure Toi will love the 'culctural enrichment'
>>
No. 949740 ID: 482fee
File 157401590052.png - (483.22KB , 1400x1050 , 98.png )
949740

:ty:"If this was a trap where they'd kill us they'd have done so already. They could have opened all the airlocks or something. Please don't threaten to kill me while we're meeting with them, okay, I don't think that would make us look good in-WOAH! That hat is like a penis!"

"I greet you honored outsider, as is tradition for meetings such as this. As it must be done, so it has been done. I am Second Vastus Mastula of Sallastra, owner of this vessel, host to your ingress, and Tolerant to your presence. As is must be done, so it shall be done outsider you shall now declare yourself and your second so as this meeting shall be properly conducted. You have already failed in this regard, though I am not surprised as you are an outsider. For I see more than two, I see mutliple additions to two. This cannot abide. I request that the captain declare the second so that we may continue this meeting."

:tyuhh:"What?"

:rocket:"He wants your name and to tell him which one of us is coming with you aboard."
>>
No. 949743 ID: 9876c4

I'm Tybalt, prince of Catface, scion of the house of Mohrs
This here's my adjutant and machinist, Jamraca.

We expect your utmost hospitality.
>>
No. 949744 ID: b1b4f3

You should probably introduce yourself seriously, and bring Rocket.
>>
No. 949752 ID: ce39da

Yeah, we can make fun of these guys behind their back all we want, but we should avoid fucking around when they're right in front of us, except when we're deliberately trying to piss them off, but especially when the Primogen in question is the one that's supposed to be paying us. Introduce yourself by full name, along with Rocket.
>>
No. 949772 ID: 094652

I say bring Basmati along. She can get a sample look at their tech.
>>
No. 949900 ID: 482fee
File 157421043320.png - (227.64KB , 1400x1050 , 99.png )
949900

:ty:"I'm Tybalt, prince of Catface, scion of the house of Mohrs. This here's my adjutant and machinist, Jamraca."

:rocket:"It's amazing that you have no idea what half those words mean but you still remember how to use them."

:tyuhh:"hush!"
:ty:"We expect your utmost hospitality."

"Names have been exhanged, our meeting shall commence in full."

:tyuhh:"Whoa what's-"

:Rocket:"Hnng!"

"Please brace yourself, and stay close. Everything upon my vessel is controlled by thought-impulse. I know Imperials do not possess this yet, thus nothing here would respond to you. Our meeting would experience great delay if you were to be lost with no means of accessing my ship's communications array."

:ty:"Yeah. Sure. So uh, our mutual friend said something about a colony going dark?"

"Correct, my house has great investment in funding and people in the colony designated Pearl-of-the-Saints. Acquisitions and Reclamations has long been attempting to seize power and control away from the houses and move authority to the Central Protectorate and the House of Inquisition. I will not allow the meddlesome bureaucrats to place my House upon the altar of progress. I desire information. Information as to what has occurrence upon the colony, and if possible, damning evidence of the crimes of the Central Protectorate. For my desires, I require the aid of outsiders, those who are not part of the established system created by the House of Reason, thus to guarantee no evidence of outside tampering be traced back to my or my venerable House. This is the purpose of your continued existence upon my vessel and why you and your crew are tolerated in my presence."

:tyuhh:"Uh...okay."

"I sense queries. I fear you are not as informed as I had hoped, though that is a fault that lies with myself for expecting something of lesser beings. If there is anything of this operation you do not understand, do so now, as I desire the time you spend upon my vessel to be kept to a minimum."
>>
No. 949907 ID: 9876c4

>Pearl-of-the-Saints
Any significance to the name? What was the purpose of this colony?
>if possible, damning evidence of the crimes of the Central Protectorate.
It sounds like they have motive, but is this their usual tactic?
>I fear you are not as informed as I had hoped
We aren't. Is this the only event of its type, or have other houses reported somthing similar?
>>
No. 949913 ID: ce39da

Translation: This guy's fam has sunk a lot of money and manpower into the colony. These other guys have been trying to seize the colony in some manner for a while and is generally douchey to all the families in the name of centralization. This guy wants you to head in there and figure out A) What happened, and B) Whether it was the centralizing douches' fault (get evidence if "yes"), and all without tracing it back to him.

I've got two main questions.
"Since all this tech is alien to us, we wouldn't know where to begin searching, so could you maybe point us in the right direction for that?"

"Will getting around the colony also be difficult for the same reason we can't get around your ship ourselves, and if so, do you have any solutions we can use?"
>>
No. 950260 ID: 482fee
File 157458360168.png - (208.83KB , 1400x1050 , 100.png )
950260

Midterm finally behind me. Back into it!

:ty:"Any significance to the name? What was the purpose of this colony?"

"All worlds have significance to their name. None that an alien would understand. You simply do not comprehend the complexities of Primogen culture to understand the effort that goes into the naming of a world and how it aligns with the names of each orbital station, city, and building upon the surface. As for the purpose, the Central Protectorate claimed it to be simply another colony, a slow expansion into our birthright as it should be, as it will. However, the choice for a moon was odd. The planet was more suitable but it was declared off limits by the Protectorate for the safety of the Primogen. Additionally my agents working on the colonization project noted irregularities within the colonization protocols. Necessary supplies would be delayed while far too many weapons for a colony were coming in on priority shipments. Ships listed with full cargo would have manifests that didn't match their capacity, far too many caste-less were being immigrated than was necessary. And then. They went silent. Soon after, all communication with the colony ceased."

:ty:"This hush hush stuff. Usual tactic for the Central Protectorate?"

"No, it's a usual tactice for the House of Inquisition. It's hard to tell who controls who these days. The House of Inquisition is supposed to answer to the Central Protectorate, but often it's the Command-Select of the Inquisition who holds the Protectorate by a leash."

:ty:"Alright Masturba, On to the actual mission:How are we getting down there since it sounds like it's locked up all tight. Also, since all this tech is alien to us, we wouldn't know where to begin searching, so could you maybe point us in the right direction for that?"

"To answer your first point, I will help you in. There is one means the patrol fleet does not monitor and that shall be your means of entering the colony. When you are ready to leave, you may leave in much the same manner. It will make sense when you see it. I doubt you'd understand if I explained it now. Your objective will be the Hall of Administration, the first structure, and core of every colony, as it is as it should be. All records shall be located within the Central Tower or Recollection. You shall locate all you require there."

:ty:"Okay, but will getting around the colony also be difficult for the same reason we can't get around your ship ourselves?"

"That I find doubtful. Pearl-of-the-Saints was still a budding colony, and the technology that is so commonplace on other worlds rightfully claimed by the Primogen was not yet imported. It is a lengthy process, requiring cooperation from multiple houses-"

:ty:"Yeah, uh, so are we going to have issues-ow!"

:rocket:"Don't interrupt!"

"I cannot anticipate what you will find. If you find scions of the Houses still alive, they will no doubt find your presence hostile. Therefore, as much as it pains me to allow an alien to touch it, I shall allow you to bear a token of House Sallastra. It shall identify you as a tolerated guest of Sallastra to Primogen outside my house, and my agent to members of House Sallastra. Additionally it should negate Dispersion fields equipped by Primogen armed forces so whatever weapons you have will not be completely useless."

:tyuhh:"Di-dispersion field?"

"Yes, without my token, your weapons would cease to function, or if they were primitive combustion, fail to ignite."

:ty:"I'll just take that then and-"

"Once I have your guarantee you will find what I desire. I must say this 'enlightening' conversation has shaken my faith in your abilities."

:tyuhh:"Oh you can't be serious."

"With aliens I always am."
>>
No. 950274 ID: ce39da

"Look, I know I'm not the most polite guy around, but you wouldn't be asking for someone like me in the first place if you had any other options. Surely, you were prepared for outsiders to not have the same level of perfectness as the Primogen? Or did I actually catch you off-guard with how I'm acting?"
>>
No. 950316 ID: 9876c4

We'll investigate it. That's what you brought us in for. You have our word on that. We'll forward any evidence we find.

Whether it's what you desire isn't part of the job. If you don't, that's a job for Primogen tech, not freelancers. Creative writing isn't our bag, anyway.
>>
No. 950432 ID: 482fee
File 157480603203.png - (418.18KB , 1400x1050 , 101.png )
950432

:ty:"Look, I know I'm not the most polite guy around, but you wouldn't be asking for someone like me in the first place if you had any other options. Surely, you were prepared for outsiders to not have the same level of perfectness as the Primogen? Or did I actually catch you off-guard with how I'm acting?"

:rocket:"...smooth."

"Unfortunately you are correct. As much as it disgraces me to consider it, you are my only chance at exposing the corruption within the Central Protectorate."

:tyuhh:"Great! So how do I switch this thing on and off? Does it have a button or do I rub the glowy thing in the middle?"

:rocket:"You probably don't want to do that."

"This meeting is concluded. As it is, as it must be."

:tyuhh:"What do you mean by"
>>
No. 950433 ID: 482fee
File 157480608255.png - (339.14KB , 1400x1050 , 102.png )
950433

:tyuhh:"Oh. That's what he meant. So now we know Primogen got some crazy teleporter tech too. Hey Rocket, you think I can work his teleporty thingy with this?"

:rocket:"Why the fuck are we moving?! Jamarca to bridge! What the hells is going on out there?!"

Oh Rocket you're back? Did something happen? Cause we just got booted out of the ship.
>>
No. 950434 ID: 482fee
File 157480609485.png - (317.48KB , 1400x1050 , 103.png )
950434

Aaaand we can't really do anything since he's hitting us with some kinda beam. None of the systems are responding.

:tyuhh:"Oh. Was this because of what I said?"

:rocket:"You did call him Masturba."
>>
No. 950439 ID: 094652

You're not smited. That's a good sign.

Your client wants you to begin this quest immediately. And by immediately, I mean 'take a five minute tea break, an hour to pray, a 45-minute shower, and a ten minute speech'. So prep up for exactly two hours and then hit the launch button on the dot.
>>
No. 950458 ID: 9876c4

>>950439
Honestly this is reasonable.

No reason we can't Shower and hang out with Rocket Pray at the same time, though.
Otherwise we can do something analog, like check and gather our gear.
>>
No. 950566 ID: 482fee
File 157509800649.gif - (278.71KB , 1400x1050 , 104.gif )
950566

:ty:"Aaaaalright then. Uhhh. Take five everyone, looks like we're gonna-"

To those aboard the speck Guts and Glory. Prepare for Warp-shot.

:tyuhh:"Wait what? I mean" Wait what?

The only means of entrance the patrol fleet does not monitor is the meteor collection net. If your ship travels at high enough speed, the fleet will assume you to be another piece of space debris, that you are, and ignore your presence. If my trajectory is correct, you will be trapped within the collection net.

What do you mean 'if'?!

Firing.

>>
No. 950567 ID: 482fee
File 157509809072.png - (29.24KB , 1280x1024 , end.png )
950567

:tymad:"FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"

:rocket:"I AM GOING TO MURDER YOU!"


Sorry for the long update just to end it. I'm still working on preparing the civ game, and it's eating up more time than I thought. Balancing between that and work has been a chore by itself, but hopefully I'll have something ready by the weekend.

>>
No. 950568 ID: 9876c4

Looks like Teaym Rocket is blasting off again.
Everyone who called you detritus was secretly a prophet.

Thanks for time spent on this, and see you on the next rodeo !
>>
No. 950700 ID: 482fee

Alright Civ Game's up and running, for better or worse!

https://questden.org/kusaba/quest/res/950696.html


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason