[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]

Report completed threads!

[Catalog View] :: [Archive] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki] :: [Discord]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name (optional)
Email (optional, will be displayed)
Subject    (optional, usually best left blank)
Message
File []
Embed (advanced)   Help
Password  (for deleting posts, automatically generated)
  • How to format text
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, MP3, MP4, PNG, SWF, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 25600 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File 156126202281.png - (171.26KB , 800x600 , 000 Title.png )
936867 No. 936867 ID: 0d5cb3

Groggy Morning...

In case anyone missed it when I said so, I decided this quest won't be full nsfw. First thread is a good indication of how I want to keep it for the most part.

Part 1: https://tgchan.org/kusaba/questarch/res/732068.html
Disthread: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/99036.html
Wiki: https://tgchan.org/wiki/Shark_Quest_-_Jiggy
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/jiggydino
122 posts omitted. Last 100 shown. Expand all images
>>
No. 953105 ID: ea81d3
File 157860170711.png - (79.93KB , 800x600 , 028.png )
953105

Someone is approaching us! They must have snuck up on us a little since they are surprisingly close. They keep moving towards me and Shelly at a brisk pace.
>>
No. 953106 ID: f0fa52

>>953105
It's Ammy. Cool outfit.
>>
No. 953107 ID: a9af05

>>953104
>"Oh, I know: her p-" She stops herself in a bit of a startle. "Never mind! S-she does not want me to tell others about it..."
I think she was about to mention something about her friend's parents.

>She seems oddly uneasy about that answer. Like someone scolding her.
She probably thinks you believe it's the merpeople doing the bad things and you don't fully believe sharks are at fault at all.

>>953105
Ask Ammy why she's wearing that outfit? Also, make sure you stand between her and Shelly.

You heard how Ammy sounded on the phone. It's possible that she might try doing something to Shelly. So you need to try and prevent Ammy from possibly doing something as an overreaction.
>>
No. 953108 ID: 83bf07

>>953105
Sweet outfit! You know it probably Ammy but make a show of moving in front of Shelly anyways. Ask her what's the news.
>>
No. 953128 ID: ce39da

"Relax, she's not here to cause trouble - not intentionally, anyway. I'm honestly more worried for her than about her if we're talking about threats to people's safety."
>>
No. 953131 ID: 33adb3

I guess is Ammy? I hope she is.
Time to explain what is going on.
>>
No. 953432 ID: ea81d3
File 157903587503.png - (55.14KB , 800x600 , 029.png )
953432

>Ask Ammy why she's wearing that outfit? Also, make sure you stand between her and Shelly.
>You know it probably Ammy but make a show of moving in front of Shelly anyways. Ask her what's the news.

I move in front of Shelly while I address Ammy.

Finn: "Hey Ammy! Wha-"

Ammy: "YOU! Quiet! Do not say that name!" She raises her staff looking thing.

Ammy: "Br'ee's weh ee-ceh't o' yoo!"

Her staff makes some kind of magic thing form above everyone's head, like a funnel originating from the top of her staff. I extend an arm one side and my tail the other to try and shield Shelly as I back up one step.

>You heard how Ammy sounded on the phone. It's possible that she might try doing something to Shelly. So you need to try and prevent Ammy from possibly doing something as an overreaction.
>Dialogue

I extend an arm one side and my tail the other to try and shield Shelly as I back up one step.

Finn: "Wait! You have to relax! she's not here to cause trouble!"

Ammy: "Br'ee's pah'rl soo o' yoo!"

Another pulse through the magic above us, making it change color! I look back to Shelly who seems afraid, but seems to accept my interference as she seem to try to hide behind me.

Finn: "Ammy! I don't know what you think she's doing, but it's not intentional!"
>>
No. 953433 ID: ea81d3
File 157903588065.png - (96.77KB , 800x600 , 030.png )
953433

Ammy: "Pro-tek soo yoo eh'r!"

Ammy then plunge her staff into the sand in front of her. Another pulse goes through the magic above, but this time, the water along the the pulse distorts downward in a way I've never seen. I bring my arm in front of me in a way to try and block it, not knowing what will happen when it hits me. When it does I expect pain! But instead I suddenly feel like gravity is pulling me down harder than usual. I also have trouble breathing until I realize that I have to change how I breath. I take a moment to look around to see what happens and now see that the area looks different, but I'm unsure how. There seem to be a curtain of some kind at the edge of the magic above surrounding us, with the staff being it's source at the center.

Shelly: "Oh gods! What is happening!? Is- Is the water gone?!"

I look back to see that Shelly is on the sea floor trying to hold herself up a bit with her arms. I also notice now that my feet sinks a bit in the wet sand. I look over to Ammy.

Finn: "What happened! What did you do!?"

Ammy let's go of her staff, leaving it sticking where she planted it. She starts approaching us.

Ammy: "Relax, F-... You. The merfolk is right. I created an area of oxygen to prevent any swimmers from escaping. This is for our safety. Now she cannot run."

Finn: "She wasn't going to!"

Shelly: "I- I wasn't!"
>>
No. 953434 ID: ea81d3
File 157903588331.png - (35.98KB , 800x600 , 031.png )
953434

Ammy: "Step aside, shark-folk. You, merfolk! Do not try anything." She pulls out a pink crystal on a string and begins to step around me to approach Shelly, who shows signs of panic with her ability to swim being taken from her.

Mango and Echo seems to be trying to deal with the water being gone, Mango recovering a bit by starting to make her way to us and Echo just seem resolved to just sitting on the sand while still visibly confused.
>>
No. 953436 ID: b1b4f3

>>953434
Tell her you're not going to step aside. This could be an opportunity for peace, and you will not let that go to waste. She needs to explain what she's doing first, and if you don't like it you're going to stop her.
>>
No. 953439 ID: 91ee5f

>>953433
>Relax, F-... You.
Ammy is trying to hide your identity. You should tell her that Shelly already knows your name.

>>953434
Tell her that you’re not going to move! She needs to explain what she’s doing right now or you will carry Shelly to the water and let her swim away!

Tell Ammy that she needs to calm down right now!
>>
No. 953442 ID: e2e941

Bring the water back and/or tell me what you doin or we gonna fight.
>>
No. 953443 ID: 3ed3c3

>>953434
Screw it. Tackle her and cut that witch crap off.
>>
No. 953492 ID: 83bf07

>>953434
Stand your ground, do not escalate. You're Shelly's only defense right now. Peace requires bravery and self sacrifice. Ammy can be dramatic, be we can make our point too.
>>
No. 953532 ID: ce39da

"If you're doing the worst of what I think you might be doing, you must know that'll only prove they were right about us!"
>>
No. 953724 ID: d152c2

>>953434
Tell her right now we were talking peacefully she decided to butt in. Make sure to use her name and don't let her stop you. Let her know that you've got this and she needs to trust you. If she tries to incant any spells or tries any magic do what >>953443 said and tackle her. Don't let her speak, make sure to hold her mouth closed, until she understands your position and the fact that Shelly isn't a threat. Ammy really didn't need to escalate this as much as she did and we shouldn't be happy that she's letting paranoia dictate her actions.
>>
No. 953734 ID: b1b4f3

Hey, stopping Ammy at least long enough to clear things up is a good idea. Ignoring her request to avoid names is not a good idea.
>>
No. 953750 ID: a9af05

>>953434
Tell her that if she doesn't stop right now, you will punch her in the face! You had things perfectly under control until she decided to start doing this magic stuff!

Then tell her that it's overreactions like this that has lead to the sharks and merfolk hating each other! If we want to settle this peacefully, we need to talk to each other!
>>
No. 953831 ID: 15a025

Ammy, explain what it is you're trying to accomplish here. If you're trying to attack shelly, you're only proving to her sharks are dangerous!
>>
No. 954095 ID: ea81d3
File 157972615014.png - (64.75KB , 800x600 , 032.png )
954095

>Tell her you're not going to step aside. This could be an opportunity for peace, and you will not let that go to waste. She needs to explain what she's doing first, and if you don't like it you're going to stop her.
>Tell her that you’re not going to move! She needs to explain what she’s doing right now or you will carry Shelly to the water and let her swim away!
>Stand your ground, do not escalate. You're Shelly's only defense right now. Peace requires bravery and self sacrifice. Ammy can be dramatic, be we can make our point too.
>"If you're doing the worst of what I think you might be doing, you must know that'll only prove they were right about us!"
>Tell her right now we were talking peacefully she decided to butt in.
>Hey, stopping Ammy at least long enough to clear things up is a good idea.
>Ammy, explain what it is you're trying to accomplish here. If you're trying to attack shelly, you're only proving to her sharks are dangerous!

I move along with her to continue blocking her.

Finn: "Wait! You have to tell me what you are doing. Because if you plan on hurting her, it'll make things worst!"

Ammy: "Hurt her?!" she pauses as she looks at Shelly and back to me. "... I'm sorry, F- ahhh" She stumbles in her words again trying to avoid saying my name.

>Ammy is trying to hide your identity. You should tell her that Shelly already knows your name.

Finn: "It's ok, she knows my name already."

Ammy pauses to, I assume, analyse Shelly, then she looks at me again. At this point, Mango as reached my side as she listen to the conversation, joining me in standing in Ammy's way, more or less.

Ammy: "Alright, F-Finn, I want to apologize as my actions may not be clear to you, but I have no intention in hurting her."

Mango: "Really?! You think this isn't hurting her?!"

Ammy: "I would be surprised if it did and would apologize if it is the case. But to be sure, ask her."

I kneel and turn to Shelly to speak to her face to face. I also offer a hand to assist in her attempt at sitting up straight, and she accepts it.

Finn: "... Shelly, are you hurt?"

She looks at me for a beat and then exhale like she was holding her breath.

Shelly: "Wh- oh, no, I- I think I'm fine. I-I'm just-" She begins to blush. "I would like to be able to swim again, t-that's all."

Ammy: "I came here with a plan Finn. Yes, it was short notice, but if I wanted to hurt her, you would know. Severely... Though rest assure that I do not do this kind of things, even with the know-how."

Finn: "... Well, you still spooked her. We're trying for peace here and this act you just did isn't really helping."

Ammy: "Finn. I understand your noble attempt, but know that nothing can be done completely cleanly. You can try and make everyone feel safe and someone will take advantage of it sooner or later. I agree that not all Merfolks are villains, but don't fool yourself into believing that none of them are. Which brings us to this: I still feel that precautions needs to be taken." She holds up the pink crystal. "This is only meant to glow brighter when it detects magic in a very narrow proximity."

Finn: "Magic? Why would she have anything magic?" I look to Shelly who now tries to avert her gaze from us.

Ammy: "Do you remember the Merfolk who hurt you? I would believe they would be working with this one in some way." This time Shelly looks at us again, but she scans my body with a furrowed brow. "Do you still have any objections, Finn? Or may I resume? Checking her for magical items is the last thing I want to do, then I'll return the water." She pull a small blue box from her pouch. "I assume whatever she has will fit in this, if it is dangerous to us... it's effect will be neutralized while it is contained."
>>
No. 954097 ID: b1b4f3

>>954095
Sounds fine to me. She might even have something on her that she doesn't know is magic. Obviously Ammy suspects a listening device, something to broadcast what she sees and hears back to the merfolk in charge.
>>
No. 954104 ID: ce39da

"If that's all... then yeah, I'm fine with it - especially since if there's something she isn't aware of, I'm sure she'd want to know about it. Does that sound okay to you, Shelly?"
>>
No. 954188 ID: 83bf07

>>954095
That seems mild enough. "Shelly, we have to be sure we're not being watched." Go ahead.
>>
No. 954725 ID: ea81d3
File 158024916095.png - (68.07KB , 800x600 , 033.png )
954725

>Sounds fine to me. She might even have something on her that she doesn't know is magic. Obviously Ammy suspects a listening device, something to broadcast what she sees and hears back to the merfolk in charge.
>Dialogue
>That seems mild enough. [Dialogue] Go ahead.

Finn: "If that's all... then yeah, I'm fine with it - especially since if there's something she isn't aware of, I'm sure she'd want to know about it." I turn to Shelly "Shelly, we have to be sure we're not being watched. Does that sound okay to you, Shelly?"

Shelly takes a short moment to think of an answer with everyone waiting on her for one.

Shelly: "O-ok wait, look! I didn't- I told my friend it was fine but she really wanted me to have plan Bs. I just wanted to talk to you, Finnegan..."

As she says this she grabs her shell that she wears around her neck and fiddles with it a bit.

Finn: "We just want to make sure it's safe for us. It might just be a listening device!"

Shelly thinks for a moment and then she let's go of my hand to grab something on the other side of her shell. She pulls out a gem of some kind, a blue one.

Shelly: "That is one of the things this do, yeah..."

She hands it to me, to which I hand it to Ammy. Ammy then puts the gem in the blue container she has. The inside of it is red and seems to be glowing as she puts the gem in, but she closes it soon enough after that I am not sure if I saw right.

Ammy: "Thank you for you cooperation, but I still want to make sure. You have to understand that we do not know you and precautions are to be taken for our peace of mind."

Shelly: "It's ok, do what you will, I have nothing else to hide."

Shelly then shifts her body from her "sitting" position to lean her upper body against me and swings her tail around to extend it to lay herself out.

Shelly is soft.

Finn: "woAh! Careful!"

Shelly: "Ah sorry!"

I try to hold her up better as she move away a bit, realizing how close she got, blushing.

Mango: "Wow. Look at her wriggling against you." she says in a deadpan tone. Shelly blushes even more and I do feel a bit warmer around the face. I think I hear Mango giggle, so there's that.

She then waits as Ammy hovers the crystal along Shelly, head fin to tail fin. The crystal doesn't react.

Ammy: "Good. She's clear."
>>
No. 954726 ID: ea81d3
File 158024916515.png - (130.53KB , 800x600 , 034.png )
954726

Ammy then put the pink crystal back in her pouch, then takes the gem out of the blue container again. She turns her back to us and holds it out upward as if to try to get some light through it then lift the front of her veil thingie.

Ammy: "... Well, she is not lying. Most of this gem seems to be communication magic..." After some more seconds, she turns her head to look toward Shelly. "Teleportation?"

Shelly lowers her head down in a guilty manner.

Shelly: "Yeah... my friend wanted a way for me to quickly escape."

Ammy: "... Your friend cares for you quite a bit it seems."

This seems to manage to make Shelly smile amidst everything. Ammy continues to move the gem around as she analyses it. Suddenly she stops for a moment. She lowers the gem slowly, but then quickly puts it back into the blue container. She turns to Shelly, pauses and then addresses her.

Ammy: "... What else does this gem do?"

Shelly: "I- I dunno, I think it was the talking part and the teleportation? Why?"

Ammy: "Your friend never mentioned anything else?"

Shelly: "I..." She pauses "I don't know."

Shelly seems uncomfortable again. Ammy brings up the container to make it more visible.

Ammy: "Merfolk! If this does anything else, you have to tell us if you want us to trust you!"

Shelly seems a bit spooked for a second but recovers.

Shelly: "Y-You're right. To be honest, I truly don't know! My friend was vague about anything else she put in it, but seems to think it would make me the safest! But she wouldn't tell me what it was!"

Ammy: "Well I have a vague idea of what it is. Finn, you remember the red gem that mage hurt you with? This gem here has traces of that magic here."

Finn: "What?! Wait would that still hurt me?"

Ammy: "That gem she carries is for offensive magic, it can hurt anyone."

Finn: "Well what does it do then!? If it's meant to protect Shelly?!"

Ammy: "I do not know. I could only determine that the magic is within this, not what it does..."
>>
No. 954727 ID: ea81d3
File 158024916805.png - (65.88KB , 800x600 , 035.png )
954727

She looks at the blue container for a moment. Then holds it toward me.

Ammy: "You seem to want to handle this situation Finn. I will let you decide what to do with this and when, BUT! You have to keep in mind all the things this gem does. This container is neutralizing the gem's magic capabilities. Only return the gem to her once you are ready for her to leave you and-" She looks at Shelly for a moment. "It would be best if you make sure you are not around her when you do."

I take the container, and examine it for a moment.

Ammy: "Also, please return the container to me after it has been emptied. I will head back home now to prepare for what we talked about. Know that my aim is to finish this as soon as possible, so be ready when I summon you. If you have any questions or things you would like to tell me, now is the time before my leave. Walk with me, I think this merfolk has had enough sand for now."

Mango: "Yeah, I hope I can be around for explanations? Everything's been real weird..."

Ammy: "... Finn if you trust this one and think we could use her help, I would be fine with this."
>>
No. 954729 ID: cdabe3

I think she’s trustworthy.
>>
No. 954732 ID: e7848c

>>954727
We can trust Mango. But I don't think Echo signed up for any of this. He shouldn't have to come along if he doesn't want to. Apologies to Shelly for the precautions.
>>
No. 954734 ID: b1b4f3

>>954727
Hmph. This is a bit suspicious, but reasonable precautions for a merfolk venturing into shark territory, I suppose. Hmmmmm... well, first thing's first. Ask Shelly what she knows about how the de-finning operation works. Do the Merfolk know where the sharks go afterwards? How many Merfolk are as convinced as her friend is that sharks are evil? WHY do they need shark fins for food anyway? Is it just some delicacy for the upper class?
>>
No. 954796 ID: e51896

>>954734
this
>>
No. 955244 ID: 15a025

Mango's our friend, of course we can trust her. Echo seems nice enough, but we shouldn't drag him into this if he doesn't want to.
>>
No. 955712 ID: ea81d3
File 158110739506.png - (62.54KB , 800x600 , 036.png )
955712

>I think she’s trustworthy.
>We can trust Mango. But I don't think Echo signed up for any of this. He shouldn't have to come along if he doesn't want to.
>Mango's our friend, of course we can trust her. Echo seems nice enough, but we shouldn't drag him into this if he doesn't want to.

Finn: "I'm fine with it too, I do trust her."

Ammy: "Let's hope it is not misplaced then."

Mango: "What's that suppose to mean?!"

Ammy: "Nothing major, but I believe not everyone is to be trusted. Even those with good intention might accidentally impede progress. I do hope that upcoming events will be positive and swift. And since Finn trust you, I hope you'll aid us in that endeavor."

She looks to Echo.

Ammy: "What about this one?"

Finn: "I'd rather not bring him into it. I don't think he'd like that."

Ammy: "Alright." She turns to Mango "We'll be seeing each other later then?"

Mango: "I guess?"

Ammy then turns away and continues to her staff to remove it from the ground. Suddenly all the water above us fall on us and Mango, who was the only one standing at that point, is pushed to the ground. Ammy simply continues on in the vague direction of her hut.

>Speaking of hidden information, you should tell her what you saw behind that door. Sharks are being kidnapped and de-finned, then most likely used as slave labor. You didn't confirm what happened to the sharks afterwards because you were scared it was something worse, but that's what it looked like.
>Apologies to Shelly for the precautions.
> Ask Shelly what she knows about how the de-finning operation works. Do the Merfolk know where the sharks go afterwards? How many Merfolk are as convinced as her friend is that sharks are evil? WHY do they need shark fins for food anyway? Is it just some delicacy for the upper class?
>this

Finn: "Uhh, sorry for the precautions Shelly, I wasn't expecting her to do that."

She swims from the ground and wiggles her body to get whatever sand off of her.

Shelly: "I-it's fine. I'm just glad it wasn't anything dangerous... Ummm..."

She eyes my hand that is holding the small box containing the gem. My grip around it tightens a little bit.

Finn: "Uhh, Shelly, what do you know about the shark de-finning anyway? Like how it works, what happens to the sharks afterwards?"

Shelly: "... Wait, de-finning?! That's why they are capturing Sharks?"

Finn: "Ahh, yes, That's what I discovered while scouting the palace. I found a door that lead to a room with cages and... a contraption... I couldn't figure out what they do with the sharks after they were de-finned. You know about Shark Fin Soup right?"

Shelly: "Oh my gods, you're right! If sharks are not bad, then... I have to say I'm glad I never got to taste one of those soups then!"

Finn: "Oh? Is it still hard to come by?" That's good to hear if it's not something that happens a lot at least...

Shelly: "It's fancy enough that the guests are the ones that can partake. I was under strict order to not eat any for myself because of the rarity. But I did hear that it was going to become more accessible in the future..."

Finn: "More accessible? Because..."

There's a beat, I look to Mango who is horrified since she is learning about this all for the first time. I can see in her expression that her mind is going miles a minute.
Shelly is also realizing what this means.

Finn: "They are planning to do something to get way more, aren't they?... Shelly, what can you tell me about how they do so, it could be important for us to know!"

Shelly: "I-I don't really know! Those are the types of things handled by groups that deals with that stuff. I always assumed it was some company that dealt with it, but you say they operate in the palace?... I-I guess it's possible since I have not been everywhere inside." She rubs her arms with her hands, head down. "I don't feel good. I wish I could prove this is all false..."

I take a moment before continuing...

Finn: "It has to do with how we're perceived to be evil. Does everyone think we are?"

Shelly: "More or less. It's kind of a "truth" we all believe, but... now that I'm being questioned about it, I never really thought much about it before. I just accepted it as fact and moved on from that. They do teach it to us when we're young. To warn us about you. But I think most of us assume we won't face a shark to worry about it.... Oh gods..."

Mango: "We have to do something... right? What can we even do?"

I have to think of what to do now. Anything active I can do has to be waited on Ammy for her to finish preparing. Maybe I could offer help for her to prepare faster? Is that even how that works? What about Shelly? Should I take her to the police to testify? Should I give her the gem back now or later? Is there anything I'm missing I could do? If I focus on this, what to do with Echo? Maybe I should introduce him to Rosie and Riptide so they can keep him occupied? Or just let him go back to the Deep Dark for now?
>>
No. 955713 ID: 83bf07

>>955712
Okay the quick plan for now is to just catch up with Amy real quick and ask her if you can speak to the police yet. If yes, we can bring Shelly over to testify. We can ask echo what he wants to do, meet with your other friends or go back home.
If no, I say we pick someone's house and the four of you go talk it out. It'd be cool to get insight on the shark society, the deep dark and the merfolk.
>>
No. 955726 ID: b1b4f3

>>955712
Well obviously the authorities need to be warned about a possible merfolk attack. Optimally Shelly would come with to add legitimacy to the claim, but she also needs to go back home and secretly spread the word that sharks are NOT evil, and are just regular people, with good and bad individuals just like merfolk do.

Hmm, dragging Echo into this wouldn't be great, but maybe we can ask him to get someone who *would* like to help? Like some kind of abyss-person ambassador? Or any kind of authority really. His people are a neutral party so they'd be the best for mediating between sharks and merfolk. We can buy him more sunglasses to give to whoever he chooses.
>>
No. 956189 ID: ea81d3
File 158162341578.png - (67.94KB , 800x600 , 037.png )
956189

>Okay the quick plan for now is to just catch up with Amy real quick and ask her if you can speak to the police yet. If yes, we can bring Shelly over to testify.
>Well obviously the authorities need to be warned about a possible merfolk attack. Optimally Shelly would come with to add legitimacy to the claim, but she also needs to go back home and secretly spread the word that sharks are NOT evil, and are just regular people, with good and bad individuals just like merfolk do.

Finn: "Uhhh, just a sec, you guys wait here!"

I start making my way toward where Ammy left while I pull out my phone to send a quick text to tell her to wait up, then swim toward her direction. Once I reach her I land on the ground next to her.

Finn: "Ammy! We were thinking about going to the police station and reporting all this, with Shelly as a witness. Does that sound like a thing we should do?"

Ammy takes a moment, then leans to the side to check behind me, then straighten herself back. She then removes her hat to look at me better.

Ammy: "Finn, Remember what I said about trust earlier? I do not always trust people's abilities, but I also do not trust people's intentions. It would be great if we could trust law enforcers, but you have to remember that they are singular individuals with their own goals and morals."

Finn: "So, we shouldn't go there?"

Ammy: "I personally would not. But what I am saying is that it would be best if you go with thoughts and planning. Do not just barge in and announce your intentions. Trust your own instinct when choosing your allies."

Finn: "... I also find it hard to believe that sharks would throw other sharks in front of the sub."

Ammy: "... Sometimes, we do not see the full picture of someone's intentions. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go prepare. Hopefully, it will not be long before I contact you. Know that I plan on getting you to the palace physically this evening. And I will try to allow for some to come with you, but I can't guarantee a number yet... It could just be one of your friends..."

Finn: "Oh, uhh, alright. I'll see you then."

Ammy: "Likewise."

Ammy puts her hat on once again and heads home, I rejoin the others.
>>
No. 956190 ID: ea81d3
File 158162341973.png - (86.51KB , 800x600 , 038.png )
956190

>We can ask echo what he wants to do, meet with your other friends or go back home.
>Hmm, dragging Echo into this wouldn't be great, but maybe we can ask him to get someone who *would* like to help? Like some kind of abyss-person ambassador? Or any kind of authority really. His people are a neutral party so they'd be the best for mediating between sharks and merfolk. We can buy him more sunglasses to give to whoever he chooses.

Once I reach them, I address Echo.

Finn: "Echo, you know what is going on?"

Echo: "Some merfolk are being mean to sharks! This one notwithstanding. Everyone is cute up here!" Shelly blushes a bit.

Finn: "Well, I was wondering what you'd want to do. We want to look into it and it could get dangerous. You can help, or you can keep hanging out with people here, I have a couple of other friends you could spend time with. Though if you feel safer with it, you can also go back home. Your choice."

Echo: "Ohhhh. Well, I'm better at hiding and catching wildlife. If it's really dangerous, I dunno if I can do a lot. But it also sounds like there's not many people that might try to stop it! I'm not sure what to do..."

>I say we pick someone's house and the four of you go talk it out. It'd be cool to get insight on the shark society, the deep dark and the merfolk.

So now I have to figure out what to do with the police thing. If I do go there, what plan should I go with? Echo seems to want to help, but in a way that would be less dangerous. I don't know if I can come up with anything, but if I can think of something, he could play a role. And if we have nothing to really do, we could go talk about our societies until I get called by Ammy. If we do this we could also get Rosie and Riptide in on it... if it's ok for them to be roped in. Then again maybe we don't have to talk about the messed up stuff, just regular day to day stuff? I'm not sure.
>>
No. 956194 ID: 996d42

I think that the less people we get into this mess the better. If it is unavoidable, we can tell them. But not now.
>>
No. 956198 ID: b1b4f3

Okay if we're not going to the police because they're "individuals" and apparently can't be trusted with saving their race from being treated like cattle, can we contact the government?
>>
No. 956206 ID: e22100

>>956190
You know what, let's try and have a last hurrah with our friends before things get heavy again. Your place, everyone BYOS (bring your own snacks)
>>
No. 956393 ID: 15a025

We should forget about the police for now. We know more right now than they do, and the police will have to follow due process and take things by the book. We'd be able act faster, and there's no guarantee they'll have the same trust in Shelly as we do.
As for who to bring with, I think it might depend on our approach. If we're going in at night and plan on being sneaky, Echo sounds like the perfect partner. Otherwise I think taking Ammy along would be smart. She's seems to be the most knowledgeable of us all.
>>
No. 956770 ID: ea81d3
File 158214030602.png - (64.68KB , 800x600 , 039.png )
956770

>Okay if we're not going to the police because they're "individuals" and apparently can't be trusted with saving their race from being treated like cattle, can we contact the government?

I'm not sure that's what Ammy was getting at. More that she herself is the one that doesn't trust people like this. If I really wanted to, I could ignore her advice and just report it normally, but she suggest to me that I should go there "with more thought". So like, I dunno. Ask the cop with the friendliest smile?

>You know what, let's try and have a last hurrah with our friends before things get heavy again. Your place, everyone BYOS (bring your own snacks)
>We should forget about the police for now. We know more right now than they do, and the police will have to follow due process and take things by the book. We'd be able act faster, and there's no guarantee they'll have the same trust in Shelly as we do.

But heh. I have to kill time until Ammy calls me, so let's try to hang out!!!

Finn: "Ok, Mango. I'll be honest. I'm not 100% sure what we can and should do. But Ammy does seem to have plans for it. Last time she projected me into the palace so I was over there like a ghost of some type?"

Mango: "Oh yeah, about that. Magic. WHAT!?!"

Finn: "Oh yeah, I guess you didn't know."

Mango: "So like, Ammy can just do magic?!"

Finn: "I'm not sure she can "just" do it. A lot of it has to be prepared. That's what I'm waiting on right now."

Shelly: "I guess my friend is better at magic then!"

Finn: "Hey, it's not a competition!"

Shelly: "I-it's not! But my friend just uses a staff and it happens!"

Finn: "Sounds cool! But it's probably just different!"

Mango: "So wait... Shelly? Magic is normal to you?"

Shelly: "As normal as having friends that can do so. I can't do any of it. The palace has a couple of mages."

Finn: "Well that will be things to take care of later. Right now I'm thinking we could just try to hang out to wait till Ammy calls me. We can call the rest of the gang for that."

Mango: "... We just hang out? I'll admit, that's gonna be tough. Gods, just doing nothing knowing all this. I guess, sometimes all that can be done is wait. Heck, maybe we can keep an eye out to make sure there's nothing suspicious..."

Shelly: "... I'm gonna need that gem if I want to go home. But it might be dangerous...?"

... Find a way to give her the stone safely, or invite her to hang out?
I do know inviting her would be riskier, we might have less places we can go and it might be best if she goes home and convince as many Merfolks that sharks are ok, if she can. But I might as well ponder the option for her to also relax with us. Feels fairer?
>>
No. 956778 ID: fa5515

Well, we do need to look after Shelly, she is in a place full of sharks and it must be pretty scary for her. So goin out to places might be a little tricky. What about your place Finn? With just your friends, she might feel a little bit safer, they are nice people after all... I hope, given she is a merfolk...
>>
No. 956831 ID: fa2754

>>956770
Offer her a choice. Learn how sharks really are and hang out with you and your buds. Maybe get her stuff back in a game of spin the bottle seashell or Truth or Dare! Or.. chicken (tuna?) out and leave now. Missing out on knowing the real Finn and possibly the most fun she's had in a while.
>>
No. 956879 ID: 422cea

>>956831
I want to see chicktuna now.
>>
No. 957099 ID: 15a025

It might be better to have her just hang with us for now. It might seem a little suspicious to the merfolk that she left to see sharks and come back saying "yeah they're fine." after all the propaganda it sounds like they're fed.
You wouldn't have a secret hang out spot or something, would you Finn?
>>
No. 958880 ID: ea81d3
File 158395909787.png - (73.51KB , 800x600 , 040.png )
958880

>Well, we do need to look after Shelly, she is in a place full of sharks and it must be pretty scary for her. So goin out to places might be a little tricky. What about your place Finn? With just your friends, she might feel a little bit safer, they are nice people after all... I hope, given she is a merfolk...
>Offer her a choice. Learn how sharks really are and hang out with you and your buds. Maybe get her stuff back in a game of spin the bottle seashell or Truth or Dare! Or.. chicken (tuna?) out and leave now. Missing out on knowing the real Finn and possibly the most fun she's had in a while.
>It might be better to have her just hang with us for now. It might seem a little suspicious to the merfolk that she left to see sharks and come back saying "yeah they're fine." after all the propaganda it sounds like they're fed. You wouldn't have a secret hang out spot or something, would you Finn?

Shelly can go home now, really. I just have to give her the stone back, but it sounds like it might be dangerous for me to do so "just like that". I'm not sure how it works, but maybe dropping it somewhere and then letting Shelly get it while I run away would work? I dunno.

Finn: "Do you want to go home now? You could hang out with us. Everyone needs to take it easy every once in a while and we're not ready to do more right away."

Shelly: "Oh! Uhhh, I want to say yes, but I should find a way to tell my friend I'm safe? I don't think I should use the gem for that since she's in control of when I go back home. But if I have a phone or something, I could tell her I'm safe... And maybe that sharks are not bad!"

Finn: "With all the propaganda, would they believe that part?"

Shelly: "... Well, maybe not. But I still would like to reassure her."

I pull out my phone and hand it to her. She fiddles with it until she holds it to to the side of her head.

Mango: "You're calling?"

Shelly: "I want her to hear my voice, so that she knows it's me!"

Mango: "Right. Don't I feel like a fool now." She says with a small shake of her head, realizing the obvious.

Shelly: "Uh, hi! Vee! It's me!- No, I'm fin- No, everything is f- What? No, it's not like that! VEE!!! I'm fine! Calm down! Nothing happened!... Yeah... Look, I'm not gonna return to the palace for a bit, I just wanted to let you know I'm ok... Oh yeah wellll. They found out about the red magic? That's mean, Vee. You didn't need to do that... Seriously, you have to think about what you do... Elder Maricia always told you that..." She turns her back from us and moves a bit away. "Look, I'm your friend. I'm not telling you this to get on your nerves. Everyone keeps telling you that you tend to act too quickly. Can't you trust me on this?... I swear we'll get together later and we'll talk about things - Not over the phone. But I've learned things and I think we need to figure some things out... I know it'll be hard, but I'm telling you, it's worth doing... Yeah... I dunno, a couple of hours?" She pulls the phone away from her ear in a quick motion while I faintly hear a lady yell "WHAT?!" from where I'm standing. Shelly brings the phone back. "Trust me, Vee!!!... Don't worry, I'll be back, alright?... See you later!"

She then hang up and turns around then pause to look at both me and Mango. We both realize we were kinda listening to her conversation the whole time and get a bit uncomfortable. Shelly forms an amused expression with a slightly furrowed brow, then approaches me to hand me my phone back.

Shelly: "She has 0 qualm about this!"

Finn: "W-wow! That's great! Hahah..."

I let out an awkward laugh while putting my phone away. Shelly looks to both of us with an hopeful smile.

Shelly: "So, what do we do now?"

Where to? I'm not sure how many people can fit in my home, but I think it would be fine? Lot of standing, probably.
The most secret hangouts I'd know are just places I know people don't go to often. If anything, here at the Crescent Rock is one of those places. Although public, people rarely bothers coming here. Some sunken ships that have not been turned into tourist traps could also be spots, assuming there are no teens that decided to hang out there. There's a couple of old wooden ships and more modern ones to choose from. The edge of the Deep Dark stretches far, so it's likely to find secluded spots along it. But, as I've found out last time, it might not be free of Deep Dark denizen eavesdropping... Though I'm still surprised that even happened, so what are the odds it happens twice?
>>
No. 958882 ID: b1b4f3

>>958880
Hang out near the abyss, maybe Echo can show you some cool stuff.
>>
No. 958884 ID: fa2754

>>958880
Honestly? Pick a ship with a decent view. Gather up the crew. We can make this our starting point for peace.
>>
No. 958989 ID: 91ee5f

>>958880
I’d say go to the arcade or something, but considering how the other sharks reacted to Shelly the first time, I don’t think we’d be able to hang out in town.

Is there something we can do out here?
>>
No. 959356 ID: ea81d3
File 158473066140.png - (67.49KB , 800x600 , 041.png )
959356

>Hang out near the abyss, maybe Echo can show you some cool stuff.
>Honestly? Pick a ship with a decent view. Gather up the crew. We can make this our starting point for peace.

Actually, there is one sunken passenger ship that landed near the Deep Dark. The front was impaled by a spire-shape rock, but since people kept hanging out around it, they built structures to hold the back and stabilize the ship to be horizontal and even built stairs for those that don't want to swim to it. Making it safer for anyone that refuses to stay away. Though making it less interesting as a result and less people hang out there now. Despite the initial upkeep, it was also not turned into a tourist trap, surely because of the rock going through it.

On the way there, I call Rosie and Riptide to hang out with us. I go over the situation with Mango and Shelly to make sure we're on the same page about the topic of the ongoing events. Mango seems to more or less agree that Rosie might not handle the situation well, but seem to think Riptide could know... maybe. She didn't commit to the idea.

We meet up with our friends. I did warn them that a Merfolk would be here, but emphasized she was nice. Along that, I also tell them about Echo being an Angler Fish of the Deep Dark.

Things are a tiny bit awkward though.

Rosie and Riptide are staring at Shelly, unsure what to make of her and Shelly seems to mostly be looking at Rosie in awe, making Rosie a tad uncomfortable. Mango and I could do or say something to relax the situation?

Riptide: "Wow, Finn... Stuff have been going on since last time?"

Echo: "Meeting cuties!"

Riptide: "Huh!?"
>>
No. 959357 ID: bb1d44

>>959356
Let's talk and swim up to the viewpoint. Let's break the ice, yeah? Let's not lay a little too heavily on Shelly. Answer questions on their behalf if you can.
>>
No. 959367 ID: 91ee5f

>>959356
Start with introductions! Echo and Shelly, meet Riptide and Rosie. Riptide and Rosie, meet Echo and Shelly.

Then let’s have everyone sit down and talk about our hobbies, favorite foods, tell jokes, etc. We’ve gotta try and get everyone to relax!
>>
No. 959750 ID: ea81d3
File 158524668642.png - (74.64KB , 800x600 , 042.png )
959750

>Start with introductions! Echo and Shelly, meet Riptide and Rosie. Riptide and Rosie, meet Echo and Shelly.

Finn: "Hey guys! Good to see you both!"

Riptide: "Uuuh... Oh, yeah Finn... Likewise."

Rosie: "Hi Finn."

Finn: "I'd like you both to meet some new friends here! Echo here is the Angler Fish I mentioned, coming straight from the Deep Dark! He's here to make friends!"

Echo: "I am! Cute friends!"

Riptide: "H-hi Echo. It's bonkers you're up here! Cool though, I mean."

Rosie simply waves with a small nervous smile.

Finn: "And this is Shelly! She is nice and gentle and also wants to make friends! Right?"

Shelly: "Yes!" She looks to the ground while doing a slight bow. "I hope we can be friends. I don't mean to bother or get in the way of anyone!"

There's a pause. Shelly hold her pose for a bit, but then slowly looks up when no one says anything. Once her stare meets with Riptide's and Rosie's again, she has a worried look. But then Riptide's furrowed brow finally relaxes for a similar worried one that Shelly has. He looks to me for a moment then back to Shelly with a friendlier expression.

Riptide: "Oh, huh. No worries! If you're nice than you have nothing to worry about with us!"

There's another pause, but this time, mostly of surprise. Riptide is the only one that seems to be at ease in this moment. Well, him and Echo. Until Shelly breaks a big smile of relief.

Shelly: "Thank you, thank you!"

Ok! Wasn't sure what to expect, but it seems like things might be starting to work out now. Still some to go, but progress is progress! For now, I note that Rosie still seems nervous, but she often is when other are around, and now there's 2 new people, so it would be worth it to check up on her later, preferably away from the others.

Finn: "And Echo, Shelly, this here is Riptide!"

Echo: "Hello!"

Shelly: "Hi!"

Riptide: "Yep, that's me! If Riptide is too long of a name, just call me Rip!"

Finn: "Mmmmh, nah. That's be too weird. And this here and Rosie!"

Shelly: "H-hi!"

Echo: "*gasp!* Rosie! We meet again! You are a big cute! Hello!" Rosie instantly blush at "big cute" but with a hint of discomfort.

Rosie: "Ohh... H-hi Echo, nice to meet you face to face! Sorry if I'm too big..."

Echo tilt his head sideways a bit.

Echo: "Too big?"

Rosie: "F-forget I said anything, I-i'm sorry!"

Echo continues to be confused but decides to move on. Rosie's blushing is becoming less and less subtle

Echo: "Well, I'm glad yo report that you still have a pretty voice!"

Shelly: "You really do have a pretty voice! I've never met anyone as tall and big as you are. Y-you're amazing!"

Rosie is red now. She looks away and tries to cover her face with one of her hands, but she can't hide her smile.

Rosie: "A-amaz-? I-I'm nothing- not amazing, I mean! I- hhhaaahh. You're voice is p-pretty too."

Shelly is a bit taken by surprised by the reaction.

Shelly: "Wh-? Oh, uhh, thank you!"

Rosie: "I'm sorry!"

Shelly: "What? Why? What happened?"

Mango: "Ok, Rosie. I wanna ask you something over here, come on."

Rosie: "ok"

Mango leads Rosie away some feet from the group, makes her kneel to be more at eye level, and start talking to her quietly. That can happen with new people around. But she'll recover.

Shelly: "Did I do something wrong?"

Finn: "Not exactly. Just... try to not mention her size, while also not complimenting her too rapidly."

Shelly: "... She doesn't like that? Huh. I truly am amazed to meet someone of her size though. Never have before. And she's great! And such a gentle voice!"

Echo: "'Cute' count as a compliment, doesn't it? Ahhh..."

Riptide: "It's complicated. Just- trust us on this. Compliment her, but only a little and never about her size."

Shelly: "Ok... I'm guessing she's not a hugger then?"

Finn: "...No?"

Shelly and Echo looks disappointed.
>>
No. 959751 ID: ea81d3
File 158524669166.png - (61.50KB , 800x600 , 043.png )
959751

>Let's talk and swim up to the viewpoint. Let's break the ice, yeah? Let's not lay a little too heavily on Shelly. Answer questions on their behalf if you can.

Finn: "Hey, you know that one boat near the Deep Dark? The one with a rock through it? We should go there!"

Riptide: "Yeah, sure!"

Everyone seems to agrees in their own ways and we start making our way to the boat.

While we start moving forward, I feel a tug on my arm and I turn to see it's Riptide, making me lag behind the group a little bit. He talks in a low voice.

Riptide: "Hey, real quick: you sure about this? I don't want to doubt you or anything, but you have to understand how sudden this is."

Finn: "I am and I do. She's a very nice Merfolk. Seems like she did get exposed to lies, but otherwise, she's a nice one."

Riptide: "... Sooo, you're sure that you're not just being controlled by her tits then?"

Finn: "Pff! R-riptide, what the hell dude!"

Riptide: "Just want to make sure! I know how you are with titties! I mean, Rosie's are bigger, but maybe you just want more of em?"

Finn: "Dude! Come on, you really give me this little credits?... I mean yeah titties are nice, but come on!"

Riptide: "Alright, alright." he give me a sly side smile. "But seriously, I just want to make sure, since... well you do seem sure that she's cool. I don't want this to be some sort of trick..."

Finn: "If it is, I'll make sure I'm the one that gets had by the ruse. She legitimately seem nice and she seems bothered by learning of the common lies around her. First time we met, she was surprised, but no anger or judgement was present."

Riptide: "Huh. Well I guess I could see it. There's so many Merfolk, why would they all be bad?... Alright, I'll trust her through you then."

Finn: "And I'm feeling no pressure!"

We pick up the pace to rejoin the group.

Finn: "So, anything up with you since yesterday?"

Riptide: "Well me and Mango hung out, that was kinda nice. But honestly we didn't do anything too out of the ordinary. We walked around town and watched a movie afterward. Then I went home and not done much since. You?"

Finn: "Me and Rosie went to the Deep Dark, which we happened to meet Echo at. He was in the process of climbing up, but had difficulties."

Riptide: "I can imagine... woah."

Finn: "Then we went to the nearby Midway to play some games. Won her a plush Megalodon!"

Riptide: "Dang dude, you guys had a real date. I gotta up my game... Heh! Is that where you met Shelly?"

Finn: "Nah that was after the date."

Riptide: "So what happened then? I just can't imagine you just came across a Merfolk and befriended her casually like this."

I'm still not sure if I should tell him a whole lot, especially since we're rejoining the group. Or I could tell a white lie. Omit some details. Like maybe Ammy is the one that introduced me to her? Riptide doesn't know Ammy enough so it could work for now. And some of that is technically true. I'd have to either come up a reason why or try to change the subject. Maybe I can tell him I'll elaborate later since I don't want to make him feel misguided later... What should I do?
>>
No. 959752 ID: b1b4f3

>>959751
Tell him it's a bit complicated, you want to tell the whole group once you're a bit more relaxed.
>>
No. 959771 ID: a9af05

>>959752
This
>>
No. 959822 ID: fa2754

>>959751
It's a complicated story that involves Ammy and we can talk in detail about it later. Maybe when we're all relaxed around each other.

Also try not to get hypnotized by the tiddy or booty, Rip.
>>
No. 959956 ID: 15a025

Agreeing here. Just say it's a little complicated and you'll explain it later on. Let's head out to that ship!
>>
No. 960675 ID: ea81d3
File 158594649617.png - (128.16KB , 800x600 , 044.png )
960675

>Tell him it's a bit complicated, you want to tell the whole group once you're a bit more relaxed.
>This
>It's a complicated story that involves Ammy and we can talk in detail about it later. Maybe when we're all relaxed around each other.
>Agreeing here. Just say it's a little complicated and you'll explain it later on. Let's head out to that ship!


Finn: "It's kind of complicated. Ammy is involved and all that. I'd rather try to explain to everyone not in the loop after everyone is more relaxed around each other."

Riptide: "... Well alright. It'll be hard to stifle my curiosity, but if you say so. Like wow, a merfolk... I wonder how the dudes look like."

I've seen a couple of guard that looked like dudes, but it might be best not to say anything since it would hint at more complicated.

Riptide: "Anyway, we should catch up with them!"

Finn: "Mmh? Oh yeah!"

We pick up the pace to walk with the rest of the group and after some minutes, we arrive at the boat! Things seems pretty quiet. Well... outside at least. Some of us climb up using the added stairs. While others, Shelly included, swims up to where the stairs leads to.
>>
No. 960676 ID: ea81d3
File 158594650024.png - (114.75KB , 800x600 , 045.png )
960676

Ok! We're on a passenger ship! Where should we go? I'm sure this ship has what you'd expect to find on this type of ship, just filled with water. I'm sure there's a pool, but that means nothing down here...
>>
No. 960686 ID: e7c7d3

See if there's any tennis courts. Or ping pong tables!
>>
No. 960687 ID: b1b4f3

So there are humans on the surface?
>>
No. 960690 ID: 91ee5f

>>960676
Let’s look around for any cool things that may have been left on the ship when it sunk!
>>
No. 960706 ID: fa2754

>>960676
The casino with the open bar! Not that you'll drink or gamble anything, but there should be plenty of seats to talk it out with everyone.
>>
No. 960770 ID: 15a025

Head to the captain's deck. Maybe there's some left over clothes or a hat you could throw on to get into the mood of things.
>>
No. 962060 ID: ea81d3
File 158697866091.png - (46.11KB , 800x600 , 046.png )
962060

>So there are humans on the surface?

No idea what those are, but the surface has regular surface people. Like dog people, cat people, bird people, reptilian people. Nothing out of the ordinary, I'd think.

>Head to the captain's deck. Maybe there's some left over clothes or a hat you could throw on to get into the mood of things.
>Let’s look around for any cool things that may have been left on the ship when it sunk!

Echo starts to excitably head a different way with Rosie and Mango who chooses to follow him. I quickly tell everyone to meet up in a bit in whatever recreational area the ship might have and Mango confirms they will. Shelly and Riptide sticks with me as we start heading to the captain's deck in search of cool things.

Shelly: "I've heard of these ships, but wow they are big! It's like a floating building! Well, I assume, since this one isn't..."

Riptide: "Oh yeah, I guess we're giving a split tour to you and Echo, huh."

Shelly: "You've been here before?"

Finn: "We both have! Not enough times to know this ship perfectly though. And it's been a little while."

Shelly: "... I barely know anything from outside the palace. And inside now that I think about it..."

With Riptide and Shelly here, I could bring up some topics to talk about to both or ask either of them a specific question.
>>
No. 962072 ID: 8b660e

>>962060
Are you sure splitting up the party is a good idea? If magic and all that is real then it stands to reason ghosts are too...
>>
No. 962075 ID: e7c7d3

Keep the conversation light. Maybe talk about some local sports?
>>
No. 962112 ID: fa2754

>>962060
Let's get some basic everyday questions out of the way. Like what a mermaid diet is like? How do sharks raise their young? You know, question for question. All the while snooping around some rooms for treasure
>>
No. 962312 ID: 864e49

Ask if she wants to get DPed by you and Rip.
>>
No. 962314 ID: 9876c4

Strip twister?
Ship twister?

Shtrip twist her.
>>
No. 962315 ID: a9af05

>>962060
Ask them both "What are the odds that we'll find something really cool around here?"

>>962312
>>962314
Could we please not do weird things around the new person?
>>
No. 963730 ID: 15a025

Begin the hunt for the captain's hat!
>>
No. 967384 ID: ea81d3
File 159008070839.png - (63.05KB , 800x600 , 047.png )
967384

>Are you sure splitting up the party is a good idea? If magic and all that is real then it stands to reason ghosts are too...

As I look into one of the dark rooms, I wonder about the chances of a ghost looking back... Or is it behind me!? Ah, nah. It's just Shelly and Riptide.

Actually, this might be something to ask Ammy about later, if I really think that's possible. Well, an option, not a requirement. While I definitely do think I can't be sure of everything anymore, getting paranoid over nothing is not something I want to start doing... Or make it an habit. At any rate, I have not heard of anyone encountering ghosts in one of these ships before. So maybe we're safe? At least until the walls starts bleeding.

I wonder if it would be a good idea to bring up ghosts after I tricked Shelly that way...

>Let's get some basic everyday questions out of the way. Like what a mermaid diet is like?

I ask her that!

Shelly: "Various dishes that contains mostly seaweed and sometimes certain types of small meats! We also have exports from the surface."

Finn: "From the surface? Wouldn't it just float all around?"

Shelly: "Yeah, but most rooms have a small box of air, like a smaller room in the ceiling, that also have a table hanging from the ceiling. That way we can eat surface food!"

Finn: "Huh!"

>All the while snooping around some rooms for treasure

I tried to up my snoopage while we walk by rooms, but I'm starting to think people got to get most of their valuables along with them. Whatever scraps that is left must have been ship property, like towels... I think some people might have taken the more valuable ship properties too, wow.

>Dialogue

Finn: "What are the odds that we'll find something really cool around here?"

Shelly: "What are you talking about?! Everything is cool here!"

Riptide: "As for actual objects, I dunno. It's possible others have been here and took the best stuff already."

Shelly: "Oh yeah?! What about that?!?" She quickly moves in front of one of the door to a room and points in, we both peak in and don't notice anything particular.

Riptide: "... Nothing?"

Shelly: "Something could have been there... Though I admit that these repeating rooms are getting kinda old."

Finn: "These ships are pretty big, that's why we're heading to a potentially more interesting spot. Those room are only meant for people to stay onboard comfortably."

Riptide: "Let's move onward then!"

Shelly: "Yes!"

I could probably talk about other things before we get there.

Art output is low lately and the topic that were not used were just cause I was not inspired to come up with world building answers. So for the sake of updating, this is more or less just to talk about other topics.
>>
No. 967392 ID: fa2754

>>967384
Yeah, let's start heading towards the helm. Though hearing there's trading with the surface world raises a question. Do they use the same language and writing system as us? Do any of the group read or understand them?
>>
No. 967396 ID: 9f00f4

Oh just FYI on the humans thing, it's a niche, academic term for a particular race of ape-people. There are ape-people on the surface, right?
>>
No. 967481 ID: 864e49

>>967384
Ask if she wants to get spit-roasted by you and Rip.
>>
No. 967596 ID: 2aa5f0

ask what shelly knows about the surface.
>>
No. 967621 ID: 36784c

>>967384
Ask Shelly what else she knows about the surface.

>>967481
No! That isn’t an appropriate thing to ask!
>>
No. 967630 ID: e05ad0

Ask about surface.
>>
No. 967656 ID: 15a025

Ask if she's ever been to the surface herself then? What kind of stuff's up there?
>>
No. 970981 ID: ea81d3
File 159346517641.png - (68.30KB , 800x600 , 048.png )
970981

>Yeah, let's start heading towards the helm. Though hearing there's trading with the surface world raises a question. Do they use the same language and writing system as us?

We do have a common way to communicate, yes.

>ask what shelly knows about the surface.
>Ask Shelly what else she knows about the surface.
>Ask about surface.
>ask what shelly knows about the surface.

Shelly: "I'm not really an expert on the matter. I mostly know about how a lot of the palace is themed like surface dwellings. We even have stairs."

Riptide: "In a merfolk building?"

Shelly: "Yep. purely for look."

Finn: "I did see weird things in a closet there."

Shelly: "But yeah. The palace is very surface styled, which includes the food when we can get the ingredients, or when we use sea ingredients and make them look like surface food, though that's mostly done by the more pompous residents of the palace. I'm sure Poseidon often does that since he's the one making everyone do that. But hey, some surface things are kinda cool. Like this boat! I'd know more about the surface, but that's not really a subject I retained much of in studies growing up."

>Ask if she's ever been to the surface herself then? What kind of stuff's up there?

Finn: "Have you ever been to the surface yourself, then?"

Shelly: "N-no... I have not really left the palace much..."

>There are ape-people on the surface, right?

I- Don't know? It rings a bell, I think, but I'm not sure.

Finn: "Shelly, have you heard of Ape-people. All this surface talk made that pop in my head."

Shelly pauses a bit to think on it.

Shelly: "... I think we talked about it in one of my classes growing up. Again, I don't remember everything, but I think it's a myth? Though some theorize it's not? I can't remember. But if I'm thinking of the right thing, there's no ape-people around right now."

Finn: "I guess I must have heard of them."

Riptide: "Wasn't there an episode of Sea Masters about it?"

Finn: "Maybe. I remember almost nothing from that show."

We all shrug simultaneously.
>>
No. 970982 ID: ea81d3
File 159346518137.png - (113.67KB , 800x600 , 049.png )
970982

We arrive at the Captain's Deck/Bridge/Helm! Riptide head to one of the windows to look out of them. Shelly stays by my side for now. From here, I'm not seeing much hat. So where should I look? It might be tucked in somewhere. I'd say the most obvious spot would be around the Captain's chair. While I look, I can also ask more to my friends.
>>
No. 970985 ID: b1b4f3

>>970982
Looks like you could open the bottom part of that console on the left.
>>
No. 970986 ID: e7c7d3

Any closets or lockers along the wall?
>>
No. 971053 ID: fa2754

>>970982
Did any ocean folks put up any sort of plaques in here describing how this ship went down? Tourist attraction and all.. look around for the captain's cabin I feel like it's nearby here.
>>
No. 971086 ID: 5f4030

It’s a bit of a stretch but hey you guys have electronics that work underwater, do any of the controls for the ship look like they might still work?
>>
No. 971973 ID: 15a025

Mess around with the computers. Maybe they're still somehow getting power to turn on?
>>
No. 974232 ID: ea81d3
File 159699328981.png - (23.23KB , 800x600 , 050.png )
974232

>Did any ocean folks put up any sort of plaques in here describing how this ship went down? Tourist attraction and all.

This ship didn't get taken over like the others. It was just made safer once they realized people were going there anyway.

>Looks like you could open the bottom part of that console on the left.
>Any closets or lockers along the wall?

I look along the wall and I'm not really noticing any opening within the pattern. Shelly sticks close.

Shelly: "What are you looking for?"

Finn: "Uhh, just a sec..."

I then look around the consoles to see if anything opens, It does look like the panel could be removed, but only if I had the proper screwdriver. I'm guessing it's only to get into the inner working of this machine.

I head to the central chair which I assume would be the captain's chair. Shelly follows. I sit down in it to get a better sense of what I can see from that perspective. I'm not immediately sure where I could find a hat, but I currently am hat-less. I sigh in defeat.

Shelly: "Why are you so down?! You're the captain!"

Finn: "It's not that great, I have to go down with the ship!"

Shelly: "And you can't drown!"

Finn: "Fair point. Really though, I was hoping to find a captain hat."

Shelly: "... Oh I think I remember something. If you stick your hand over there, can you find a lever?"

She points within the chair to the side of the seat. I feel around and find a hidden lever.

Shelly: "Pull that, and hold it, then spin the chair around 3 times!"

I look at her with a raised eye brown. Is she messing with me?

Finn: "Are we in a video game?"

Shelly: "Just do it!"

I pull the lever and slowly start to rotate the chair waiting on Shelly to laugh and call me an idiot. But seeing that I'm going slow, she moves close in front of me, holds both arm rests and start using her tail to swim us around in a circle. After the third rotation, a loud click is heard. She keeps the chair spinning just enough so that I face the back wall, which opens up a secret compartment within the patterns. Inside, 5 Captain Hats hangs neatly in a row.

Shelly: "Tadaaaa! Emergency hat replacements!"

Riptide: "Woah, what did you guys do?"

Finn: "Shelly found a secret hat stash!"

Shelly: "That's one of the goofier things we learned that I remembered I guess."

She gives us a pleasant smile.
>>
No. 974241 ID: 5dce20

>>974232
Drop em’ our let me see them tiddies, gon’ take a look at them tig ol’ bitties, areolas lookin’ nice nipples looking real pretty, c’mon let me gander at your bo- NO NO NO.

Sorry, so what’s in the stash you guys found? Anything cool or interesting? Maybe that captain hat we want.
>>
No. 974242 ID: 5413b0

Hey, looks like we found booty! And titties! (don't say that part aloud)
Where did you learn that, Shelly? And why?
>>
No. 974243 ID: 5413b0

Oh, you know what would be fun? Sing shanties.
We are in a ship after all, so it's fitting.
>>
No. 974247 ID: cdabe3

>>974241
>:3

>>974243
This is a great idea!
>>
No. 974251 ID: 5dce20

Ohh! My time to shine! Something easy for everyone to sing along with easy... I got it!

Now we ready to sail for the horn!
Way-hey roll and go!
Our boots and our clothes, boys, are all in the pawn
To me, rollicking randy dandy-o!

Heave a pawl, and heave away!
Way hey, roll and go!
The anchor's on board and the cables all stored
To me rollicking randy dandy-o!
>>
No. 974258 ID: 5413b0

>>974251
Yeah, there we go!

Soon we'll be warping her out
Through the locks,
Weigh hey, roll and go!
Where the pretty young girls
All come down in their frocks
To be rollicking Randy Dandy-O!

Heave a pawl, o heave away!
Weigh hey, roll and go!
The anchor's on board
And the cable's all stored
To be rollicking Randy Dandy-O!
>>
No. 974272 ID: fa2754

>>974232
Congratulations everyone, this ship now has a council of captains. Don your hats to start making captain decisions! Be sure to thank Captain Shelly for her resourcefulness in those trying, hatless times. Perhaps this council can celebrate with drinks! However that works down here.
>>
No. 974273 ID: fa2754

>>974243
An amusing idea, unfortunately the only ones that come to mind are sad ones and we're just not at that point of the night yet.
>>
No. 974281 ID: a9af05

>>974232
Don't stare at her boobs! And don't flirt with her! It wouldn't be fair for your three shark friends if you suddenly decided to bring in Shelly for your friend dating thing you were doing before all of this stuff got in the way! Especially since you still haven't gone out with two of your friends yet!
>>
No. 974286 ID: 5413b0

>>974273
No those are for later... or another day entirely.
>>
No. 974559 ID: 15a025

Equip captain's hat.
122 posts omitted. Last 100 shown. [Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason