[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]

Report completed threads!

[Catalog View] :: [Archive] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 948757)
Message
File []
Embed   Help
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, MP3, MP4, PNG, SWF, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 20000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 3667 unique user posts. View catalog

File 157297886780.png - (120.04KB , 698x634 , Solrg - Kingdom of Rot.png )
948757 No. 948757 ID: 8fb3ba

Expand all images
>>
No. 948759 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157297983149.png - (178.48KB , 1558x1064 , On the Outskirts.png )
948759

Solrg. Once the walled kingdom was prosperous, the inhabitants inside of it's walls happy, well fed, and healthy. Now it sits in ruin, dangerous to be anywhere near. Inside and around it's walls chaos runs rampant, and no army has been able to tame the monstrosities that roam the wreck of a city. Still, people are drawn to crawl around in the innards of the lost kingdom like maggots infesting a rotted corpse. We will be sending someone into the ruined kingdom, they will brave the horrors of Solrg in search of something while we support them as best as possible. Should our friend die, we will fail. Now what is our friend looking for?

>Looking for fortune
Some believe lost treasures are scattered in the lost city, and those desperate for money are sure to try and find it.

>Looking for someone
Plenty of people search for things in Solrg and get themselves lost, in turn others go searching for the lost and again get lost themselves, a viscous cycle that feeds Solrg.

>Looking for answers
Why did Solrg fall? Why is it in such a ruinous state now? Look for answers and troubles sure to look for you.

>Looking to survive
When rumor of a deadly land spreads to all corners of the world, some people will take it as a challenge.
>>
No. 948760 ID: 33056f

Seek answers. Those who do not learn their history are doomed to repeat it.
>>
No. 948765 ID: ab8b15

>>948759
They're looking for us.
>>
No. 948767 ID: d91ef0

We demand to seek answers to know how society fell
>>
No. 948770 ID: ce39da

Get thyneself in, obtain thyne loot, get thyneself out.
>>
No. 948771 ID: b1b4f3

Either answers or loot.
>>
No. 948774 ID: 91ee5f

>>948759
>Now what is our friend looking for?
Looking for answers
>>
No. 948775 ID: 977456

>Locking to conquer
Just look at that sweet tower in the middle! And can you imagine a horde of monstrosities laying waste to your enemies? And with all that prosperity? You just know that they were cooking up some amazing superweapons. This place has Evil Overlord Starter Kit written all over it.
>>
No. 948776 ID: 8d4593

All four options.
Solrg is the stuff of legend after all! Once the center of the old world, it fell quickly- and mysteriously.
Untold riches of the old world must fill those decaying walls, and the mystery behind its sudden collapse has haunted every king and queen in the realm since.
It was surely the challenge and prestige to be gained in conquering this place however, that led the crown Prince and his entourage here. It's been four weeks, and he has yet to return. Stories abound of whole armies being swallowed by these walls. This will take a more subtle approach.
This is where our friend comes in.
>>
No. 948777 ID: 015bf2

>Viscous cycle
Sticky!

Let's LOOK FOR SOMEONE.
>>
No. 948778 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157298851790.png - (104.15KB , 1043x984 , Starter.png )
948778

>>948777
Vicious, viscous, you know what I meant!

>Seek Answers
What a mystery. For one reason or another our friend is interested in what could've possibly caused the fall of Solrg. We'll be assisting in their journey to uncover the truth behind the kingdom of rot.

>Obtain thyne loot
And if there is fortune to be made, I doubt our friend will turn their nose up at golden treasures.

Now, I've made peace with the fact that our friend might die in pursuit of their goal though I'm not sure about any of you. Regardless I've outfitted them to the best of my ability, though I'm not made of money so what they have is pretty bare. They should be able to get by with their abilities too hopefully, though last I checked they were pretty average. I guess it could be worse huh? Then again maybe that's changed or I'm just remembering wrong. Currently our buddy has C's in each attribute, it's possible to raise one attribute by two ranks, or raise two attributes by one rank. One attribute can also be lowered a rank to raise another one.

Oh wait! There's something else! I forgot to give them something and now I'm sending it via carrier pigeon. It's a dog tag with their name one it, I felt it best that they have one just in case. Here, you write the name down. Don't forget to include our friend's occupations also, I think they had two? You can also include gender, date of birth or any other information if you want, but the important parts are name and occupations.
>>
No. 948782 ID: a9af05

>>948778
>Stat increases?
Increase both STR and INT by 1 rank.

>Two occupations?
Bodyguard and scholar.

>Name?
Ferrah

>Gender?
Female

>Any other info?
Age: 28
>>
No. 948783 ID: eeb7d9

What do the stats do? How do they work?
>>
No. 948786 ID: ad51b8

>Stats
+1 to dex, int, will
-1 to str

>Occupation
messenger and nurse

>Name
Quinn

>Gender
Female
>>
No. 948789 ID: 9876c4

>Stats
STR, STR and WIL -INT
>Occupations
Hunter and Gatherer
>Name
Gohrg
>Notes
Gohrg
>>
No. 948790 ID: 0fae41

+2 STR
+1 WIL
-1 DEX
Beck Bruin
Part time wrestler and full time zookeeper. She's doing this as a PR stunt to raise funds for her animals.
>>
No. 948800 ID: 8d4593

STR - C
WIL - C
INT - S
DEX - D

Jaclyn Bright (Female, 31)
Architectural Engineer, Army Major

Notes: Records of her military exploits as an officer are almost completely non-existent, suggesting black ops involvement.
>>
No. 948811 ID: ce39da

> Stats
STR - D
WLL - C
INT - A
DEX - B

> Profile
Casper Flood, Male, 24, born Oct. 24th.

> Occupations
By day, a scholar.
By night, a burglar.

Hey, he had to pay his academy fees somehow! People like him aren't made of money, after all. It doesn't hurt that he apparently has a talent for planning...
>>
No. 948812 ID: 094652

Let's mix Lara Croft with Buffy.

>Stats
[+2] Dex
[+1] Int
[-1] Str

>Name
Laufry Saint-Augustine (ward of orphanage)

>Gender
Female(?)

> Occupation
Archaeologist
Demon hunter

Laufry was an intern when she stumbled into a demonic heist raided by demon hunters. She joined up for the paycheck (in valuable artifacts unappraised by the hunters), but kept the Archaeology gig because the Surface (slang for mundane world) doesn't believe demons exist.
>>
No. 948814 ID: 977456

>>948800 +1
>>
No. 948817 ID: 28c1e4

STR - C
WIL - B
INT - C
DEX - B

Mary Ann Giles Von Blackhenshire (Female(barely), 32)
Cultural Anthropologist, Big Game and Treasure Hunter Extraordinaire.
>>
No. 948820 ID: a39cdb

>>948800
Sounds cool. I support this.
>>
No. 948823 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157301688690.png - (138.81KB , 1422x984 , Jaclyn Bright.png )
948823

Jaclyn's a bright woman, no pun intended, though I could never really find any evidence of her military involvement she seems like she knows what she's doing though. I'm not sure where architectural engineering could help her in this situation, but hey that's for her to figure out.

You done? Good I'll have Dartagnan fly it over...
>>
No. 948824 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157301691117.png - (78.40KB , 1264x968 , Dogtags Delivered.png )
948824

...
>>
No. 948825 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157301691780.png - (120.71KB , 1558x1064 , First Steps.png )
948825

JACLYN: Great! I guess when my body's been torn to bits I'll have peace of mind knowing some bandit'll know my name.

Jaclyn's standing on the inside of the first Solrg wall. This area seems to be mostly farmland ,or was mostly farmland, with some over grown forests nearby. Most of the buildings are just piles of rubble, two seem to be pretty intact however: A barn, and a small house. The water tower's still standing.
>>
No. 948828 ID: b1b4f3

>>948823
Oh dear, I can't imagine this ending well... what good is a high INT going to do?

>>948825
Barn's probably a monster nest, check the house.
>>
No. 948830 ID: 0fae41

I think we got ourselves a draft dodger, not an elite force. Investigate the barn.
>>
No. 948832 ID: 91ee5f

>>948825
Look on the bright side, at least the bird didn’t shit on you as it was flying by!

>What do?
Let’s check the house.

>>948828
>what good is a high INT going to do?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Guess we’ll find out!
>>
No. 948838 ID: 5af4da

>>948825
We’ll want to see if the water in the tower is still there and potable.
If it is and either the barn or the house are livable this seems like the perfect spot for a base camp.
>>
No. 948839 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157302822999.png - (68.47KB , 1558x1064 , House 1.png )
948839

>>948828
>Oh dear, I can't imagine this ending well... what good is a high INT going to do?
JACLYN: Can't imagine why you'd want someone dumber doing this.

>>948832
>Look on the bright side, at least the bird didn’t shit on you as it was flying by!
JACLYN: You're right! Wow, it must be my birthday.

>Check House
Jaclyn enters the house and finds herself in the lounge.
JACLYN: I bet this place used to be nice.

There are three doors in the lounge. One at the far end of the room, one up the stairs, and one underneath the stairs.
>>
No. 948840 ID: 094652

Scavenge anything that has technology in it!
>>
No. 948843 ID: 977456

Check for traps!
Check the doors for signs of use and try to discern what is on the far side of the most used one without opening it.
>>
No. 948846 ID: d3a7f5

>>948839
Beware the roof lamprey!

... actually might not even be a joke around here. Keep an eye on nooks and niches you pass, and do remember the vertical element.

Also, would it hurt to have your gun out and ready? Your reflexes aren't great, so taking precuations has to be your bailiwick.

I'd say for a common-sense approach, check the downstairs first - you'll want to be able to have cleared a line of retreat and prevent yourself from being flanked. And what's that on the table? A radio?
>>
No. 948849 ID: 8d4593

Picture of the family, loveseat that was long past it's shelf life before the fall, rocking chair, Rails on the stairs as an afterthought?
This was an elderly person's home. General supplies would likely be downstairs, loot upstairs. Might have a secret stash of valuables hidden somewhere.
Shouldn't have been dangerous pre-fall, but who knows what's moved in since.

Clear the building before scrounging around. Start with the downstairs and stay low and close to the wall to avoid being in line of sight of that upper hall.
>>
No. 948850 ID: 91ee5f

>>948839
>Can't imagine why you'd want someone dumber doing this.
>You're right! Wow, it must be my birthday.
Oh? Can you hear us? That’s interesting. Uh, nice to meet you, I guess?

>Wow, it must be my birthday.
I’m not sure if you’re joking or not, but just in case you’re serious, Happy Birthday!

>There are three doors in the lounge. One at the far end of the room, one up the stairs, and one underneath the stairs.
Always make sure you clear the floor you’re on before you move to a different floor.

Go to the door at the far end of the room.
>>
No. 948860 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157304464680.png - (73.38KB , 1558x1064 , House 2.png )
948860

>>948843
>Check the doors for signs of use
JACLYN: All of the doors show signs of use. I doubt I'm the first person to pass through here.

>>948840
>>948846
>Scavenge anything that has technology in it!
>what's that on the table? A radio?
JACLYN: Yup, busted. Might be useful though.

Jaclyn takes the radio. She can examine it closer in her inventory.

>>948850
>Always make sure you clear the floor you’re on before you move to a different floor.
JACLYN: Looks like there's nothing of interest besides the broken radio.
>>
No. 948861 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157304468391.png - (240.54KB , 1558x1064 , House - Basement.png )
948861

>Check downstairs
Jaclyn enters the basement. It's way too dark for her to see well.
JACLYN: I feel like I'm going to trip down these stairs and break my neck. Did I seriously not get packed a flashlight?

Jaclyn can make out a faint hissing coming from the back of the basement. She keeps her hand on her pistol.
>>
No. 948862 ID: d3a7f5

>>948861
Bail and check the rest of the ground floor for anything that might sensibly help illuminate the area. Darkness and noises with no light to identify them spells trouble.
>>
No. 948865 ID: ce39da

Don’t mess with this area without light. Head back out, and check upstairs; my exploration philosophy says to exhaust all options before opening a closed door.
>>
No. 948869 ID: 8d4593

>>948862
pretty much this
>>
No. 948870 ID: 91ee5f

>>948861
Back out and look for a something that can light up this area before you go any further.

Maybe try blocking the door with the couch, just in case something tries to follow you out of the basement.
>>
No. 948871 ID: eeb7d9

If we are going to be intelligent about this, we should retreat and look for something to light our path.
>>
No. 948885 ID: b1b4f3

>>948861
Nope. Go through another door.
>>
No. 948896 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157308383911.png - (67.71KB , 1558x1064 , House 3.png )
948896

>>948862
>Bail and check the rest of the ground floor for anything that might sensibly help illuminate the area.
JACLYN: Don't have to tell me twice.

>>948870
>Maybe try blocking the door with the couch, just in case something tries to follow you out of the basement.
JACLYN: Better safe than sorry.

Jaclyn pushes the love seat over to block the basement door.
>>
No. 948897 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157308385678.png - (88.87KB , 1558x1064 , House 4.png )
948897

>>948862
>check the rest of the ground floor
JACLYN: Nothing left in the lounge, guess I'll check the next room.

Jaclyn opens the far end door and finds herself in the kitchen. The floor is sticky, and the sickening smell of rotten meet fills her nose. The faint sound of buzzing insects barely fills the air.

JACLYN: Ugh...gross.
>>
No. 948900 ID: ad51b8

>>948896
I see someone upstairs~

>>948897
so what's the note on the fridge say?
>>
No. 948904 ID: b1b4f3

>>948897
Is that a pile of something back there to the left?
>>
No. 948905 ID: 0efe8e

Get your gun at the ready, your not alone.
>>
No. 948908 ID: 91ee5f

>>948896
Someone’s coming from upstairs.

>>948897
There’s a book on the counter over there.

Be prepared for whoever was coming downstairs to follow you.
>>
No. 948909 ID: 8d4593

is that a hanging corpse upstairs?
>>
No. 948910 ID: 015bf2

>>948904
Check the pile, gun drawn. Threat assessment before looting.
>>
No. 948916 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157309088760.png - (65.01KB , 1558x1064 , House 5.png )
948916

>>948900
>I see someone upstairs~
>>948904
>Get your gun at the ready, your not alone.
>>948908
>Someone’s coming from upstairs.

Julia goes back into the lounge and checks upstairs. Though she see's nothing, she tightens her grip on her gun.
>>
No. 948917 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157309088940.png - (93.47KB , 1558x1064 , House 6.png )
948917

>>948904
>Is that a pile of something back there to the left?
It seems to be a remains of a fire that's long since gone cold. Next to it is an abandoned bag. Inside is a monocular and an improvised anti-personnel mine. The mine doesn't exactly seem like it's in pristine condition. (There's a 50/50 chance it won't detonate upon activation). Both can be examined further in Jaclyn's inventory.

>>948908
>There’s a book on the counter over there.
It's a cookbook. A lot of the pages have faded over time, but a few of the recipes are still legible.
JACLYN: "King's Ransom Pie"... Ew, there raspberries in it.

>>948900
>So what's the note on the fridge say?
JACLYN: It's a to-do list, it says stuff like "gather eggs" and "milk cows". It's all directed at someone named Archie.
>>
No. 948920 ID: 91ee5f

>>948916
They might’ve gone outside or stayed upstairs.

>>948917
Anything in the fridge/freezer? In the oven? In the pot on the stove? In the drawers/cabinets under the cookbook?
>>
No. 948921 ID: b1b4f3

Check in the cupboards for a light source. If you can't find one, go upstairs instead of searching further, you can't let your guard down for too long.
>>
No. 948929 ID: 977456

Check the cupboards, is there any cooking oil? jars? you could improvise a lamp?
>>
No. 948938 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157310231247.png - (91.39KB , 1558x1064 , House 7.png )
948938

>Anything in the oven
JACLYN: Nope

>In the pot on the stove?
JACLYN: There's a severed finger, with a nice ring on it. Not my style, but maybe it's worth something. Also the stove still works! I can get a flame off of the left most one.

>In the drawers/cabinets under the cookbook?
>is there any cooking oil? jars? you could improvise a lamp?
JACLYN: There's a glass jar filled with dirty water.

Jaclyn takes everything she's found.
>>
No. 948939 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157310231779.png - (120.05KB , 1558x1064 , House 8.png )
948939

>Anything in the fridge?
JACLYN: There's nothing but rotten bowls of slop and boxes of fuzzy apples.

>Anything in the freezer?
Jaclyn opens the freezer door and is hit was a strong wave of rancid meat smell.
JACLYN: Oh that's fucking disgusting.
>>
No. 948940 ID: d004e0

Plug your nostrils with your fingers to lessen the smell's impact and look to the right side of the freezer compartment. There's writing there. In blood. Can you read it? And once you're done reading, close the freezer.

>Also the stove still works! I can get a flame off of the left most one.
So there's a working gas line to here? That might mean the hissing you heard before in the basement was a gas leak. It's a small possibility, but still a possibility. Just keep that in mind before using anything with a flame for lighting when going down there. Might want to open the house up to get some fresh air in here and let any gas out. That'd also lessen the stench in here.
>>
No. 948941 ID: 91ee5f

>>948939
There’s something written on the freezer wall. What does it say?

>>948940
>possible gas leak in basement
>keep that in mind if using a flame for a light source
Yeah, definitely avoid using flames for a light source.
>>
No. 948944 ID: b1b4f3

>>948939
Ew. Odd, should that blood still be red? Yeah read the freezer note.
Also if you can get a flame off the oven that means you could try to make a torch.
>>
No. 948945 ID: d004e0

>>948944
Good point. Dried blood turns a brownish red. This blood looks fresher than it ought to be for the level of decomposition of the head.
>>
No. 948948 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157310886601.png - (126.15KB , 1558x1064 , House 9.png )
948948

>>948940
>That might mean the hissing you heard before in the basement was a gas leak.
JACLYN: Are you sure? I didn't smell any gas when I was down there.

>There's writing there. In blood. Can you read it?
JACLYN: Ugh...yeah it's english...

Callous entropy will unravel everything we live for.
To deny it, is to live in ignorance.
Oh Fetid Lord, your decay is the truest cleansing.
Our flesh is meant to fester, our souls will putrify.
An endless spreading boon that will never cease.


JACLYN: Holy shit, what kind of nut cases are crawling around this place?

>>948944
>Also if you can get a flame off the oven that means you could try to make a torch.
JACLYN: There is plenty of wood from that busted table.
>>
No. 948950 ID: b1b4f3

Alright, not sure if there's a window for light upstairs or not, make that improvised torch if you need it.
>>
No. 948952 ID: 91ee5f

>>948948
>Are you sure? I didn't smell any gas when I was down there.
Seeing as we can’t smell anything, I guess if you didn’t smell anything, then it might not be a gas leak.

>There is plenty of wood from that busted table.
Go ahead and make a torch, then head upstairs.
>>
No. 948954 ID: 0efe8e

Natural gas is odorless, you wouldn't smell it, what people normally associate with natural gas is a chemical added in order to make it easier to detect, do not use any open flame until you can confirm that there is no gas leak.
>>
No. 948957 ID: d3a7f5

Create a torch. Upstairs corridor looks dark, regardless of cellar troubles.

>>948954
Thought: We can test if the house's gas supply smells - as any gas pipe should lead to the oven here and we can check to see if that brand of gas smells. A house like this would be unlikely to have two sources of gas leaks, ergo if it smells we can test the cellar for smell before we light a torch.

(May want to close the freezer door, though, to get said sense of smell back.)

If the gas doesn't smell, we'll avoid risking using open flame in the cellar. Or going down there at all. People need air, turns out.
>>
No. 948958 ID: eeb7d9

>>948954
But why would they use natural gas if that was the case? It would be a hazard.
>>
No. 948961 ID: c571e8

Calm. The hissing downstairs was totally coming from that hulking silhouette of a steam boiler in the back of the room.
>>
No. 948964 ID: 8d4593

time to clear the upstairs. Check that pantry first, though.
>>
No. 948977 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157315798930.png - (247.17KB , 1558x1064 , House 10.png )
948977

>>948954
>Natural gas is odorless, you wouldn't smell it, what people normally associate with natural gas is a chemical added in order to make it easier to detect
>>948957
>We can test if the house's gas supply smells
Jaclyn turns on the gas on the stove top
JACLYN: Yeah, I can smell that.

>>948964
>time to clear the upstairs. Check that pantry first, though.
Jaclyn already checked the cabinets, so she just heads upstairs. It isn't dark enough to need a torch. The stench of rotting flesh doesn't subside, but noises can be heard.
>>
No. 948978 ID: b1b4f3

>>948977
Alright let's start clearing rooms. Start with the one on the left.
>>
No. 948979 ID: 91ee5f

>>948977
More blood writing? Geez, someone is obsessed. Might as well read what it says.

Check the room that’s missing a door first. If someone is going to come out of either of the other doors in this hallway, we’d hear the doors open.
>>
No. 948980 ID: eeb7d9

I am going to suppose that you don't understand what it says in the wall, right?
>>
No. 948991 ID: a9af05

>>948979
This
>>
No. 948993 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157317508888.png - (63.89KB , 1558x1064 , House 11.png )
948993

>>948980
>I am going to suppose that you don't understand what it says in the wall, right?
JACLYN: I could read the last one couldn't I?.
>>948979
>More blood writing? Geez, someone is obsessed. Might as well read what it says.
JACLYN: There are a few different things written here, each one in different hand writing...

Audience
Oh lord, give us not your love.
Grace us with your divine presence.
Even the smallest glance, the most minute breath in our direction.
Let us bask in your glory for we are your eternal audience.

Decay
Apples rot away.
Returned to earth to give life.
Let this be my fate.

FeED
StiKY Flesh...TaAst gud.


JACLYN: Never been one for poetry...
>>
No. 948994 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157317511142.png - (82.54KB , 1558x1064 , House 12.png )
948994

>Check the room that’s missing a door first.
Jaclyn enters the door-less room and finds herself in the remains of a bathroom. The rotten flesh smell is at it's strongest here. Jaclyn's eyes water and she gags as she covers her mouth and nose with her cloak. A rhythmic dripping noise faintly echoes.
>>
No. 948995 ID: ad51b8

ooh, a note!
>>
No. 948996 ID: 0efe8e

Check the bag and bathtub, then check for chemicals under the sink.
>>
No. 948997 ID: b1b4f3

Let's clear the other room first, this one has no hostiles.
>>
No. 948999 ID: a9af05

>>948994
Check that note.

Look in the drawers and cabinets under the sink.

Let's hope you don't have to stick your hand in the tub to look for anything.

>>948997
>Clear the other room first
But what if that door is locked? Let's search this room for a key, just in case there's a locked door later.

>No hostilities
We don't know that for sure. There could be an enemy in the the tub or behind the tub.
>>
No. 949003 ID: eeb7d9

Hey, guess what is in that bloody bag over there! Come on, guess! I bet you can't!
>>
No. 949004 ID: 8d4593

Check everything. The cabinets, behind the mirror, the tub, the -ugh- bag, out the window, then grab the note. what's it say?
>>
No. 949009 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157318600424.png - (110.20KB , 1558x1064 , House 13.png )
949009

>>949003
>Hey, guess what is in that bloody bag over there! Come on, guess! I bet you can't!
JACLYN: Y'know what? you're right, I can't guess. It'll be a mystery forever because I'm not opening it.

>>949004
>Check everything. The cabinets
JACLYN: Nothin' but rusty pipes.

>>948995
>ooh, a note!
JACLYN: It says,"The key is at your disposal". Not the craziest thing I've read in this house but still makes no sense.

>behind the mirror
JACLYN: Something's scribbled back here. The word "Imbibe" has been scrawled on the wall in over and over again...
>>
No. 949010 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157318601953.png - (65.44KB , 1558x1064 , Bloody Bath.png )
949010

>>948999
>There could be an enemy in the the tub or behind the tub.
>>949004
>the tub
JACLYN: Mhmm...I'm disgusted but, ugh, not surprised...
>>
No. 949012 ID: b1b4f3

>at your disposal
Could be the garbage disposal in the sink. Don't stick your hand in it though, not without cutting the power somehow.
Time for the other room.
>>
No. 949020 ID: eeb7d9

>I'm not opening it.
I see your Intelligence trait is on the market then.

So there is a key somewhere, or a way to open something. I wouldn't be surprised if it is sumerged on the tub or something. You thing there is a way to get that bathtub empty?
>>
No. 949023 ID: a9af05

>>949010
I would tell you to reach in there and pull the plug to drain all the blood out, but I don't think you should reach in there without any gloves.

I guess there isn't anything else in here. Let's move to a different room.


>>949012
>Garbage disposal
>Don't stick you hand in there without cutting the power first.
Or we could just go under the sink and remove the pipes. That way we could get the key without having to stick our hand through the blades of the garbage disposal.
>>
No. 949024 ID: feecd8

>>949010
Drink it!
>>
No. 949030 ID: 91ee5f

>>949023
>remove the pipes
That could work.

>>949024
Ew, gross!
>>
No. 949044 ID: 8d4593

I have a feeling the key is under the blood.
Fuck reaching in, toppling the thing would be preferable, but thats gonna take some doing.

Come back after you've cleared the floor.
>>
No. 949046 ID: d3a7f5

>>949010
What's out the window, by the way?
>>
No. 949063 ID: ce39da

Got something to poke around under the surface of the tub, like one of those pipes? If nothing comes of it, this room is clear, and you should move on to the other door. Get your gun ready, ‘cause those noises had to come from somewhere.
>>
No. 949065 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157324852186.png - (97.48KB , 1558x1064 , House 14.png )
949065

>>949046
>What's out the window, by the way?
JACLYN: It's the front yard.

>>949024
>Drink it!
JACLYN: ...That's...No. Why would you even suggest that?

Jaclyn doesn't know it, but a part of her's considering it...
>>
No. 949068 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157325241255.png - (69.68KB , 1558x1064 , House 16.png )
949068

>>949012
>Time for the other room.
Jaclyn heads to the first room in the hallway. She finds herself in what looks like the remains of a bedroom. More importantly, there's a twitchy man standing at the back of the room snarling and muttering to himself. Jaclyn stays quiet.
>>
No. 949074 ID: b1b4f3

>>949068
Hmm, tempting to just shoot him right away.
Let's do this by the book. Pull out your gun, get a good shot on him, tell him to freeze. His reaction should tell you if he's friend or foe. Also I guess it'd be a fairly good piece of information to help figure out what's going on.
>>
No. 949075 ID: 8d4593

Be clear and to the point.
Pull the gun and yell at him to drop the knife.
If he does ANYTHING else, be it try to put it down slowly or just turn around first, pull the trigger until he goes down. Don't hesitate.
>>
No. 949077 ID: a9af05

>>949074
This
>>
No. 949078 ID: 015bf2

>>949068
Guy seems to have cut off someone's head and... is in the process of skinning them? There's a dude's head in the freezer, with script indicating a rot cultist did it. We have a cultist murder MO link here.

Furthemore, he's shaking like a leaf and if it's not in fear, it's probably in crazed fervor. We should be shooting him. That said, if you really want to verify whether he's a baddie or not, you should hold off and see what his next actions are - and if he turns towards you or sounds crazy, you just shoot him, period.

If you insist on interrogation, you could try to shoot one of his legs out form under him to cripple him and make him easier to finish off.
>>
No. 949080 ID: ad51b8

if we had more DEX I would have suggest trying to sneak up on him and take him out with the knife, since that probably would end in failure I suggest just taking your gun and shooting him in the back of the head. Be ready for the noise to alert anyone else in the building though.
>>
No. 949082 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157326061417.png - (79.35KB , 1558x1064 , House 17.png )
949082

>>949074
>Pull out your gun, get a good shot on him, tell him to freeze.
>>949075
Pull the gun and yell at him to drop the knife.
JACLYN: Freeze. Drop the knife, and turn around slowly.

The man does not drop the knife, and he instead turns quite quickly. His eye's bloodshot, his snarls getting louder turning into growls. He prepares himself to rush Jaclyn.
>>
No. 949083 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157326062637.png - (93.41KB , 1558x1064 , House 18.png )
949083

There's no need to tally the odds. Jaclyn caps the man right in the head. The gun shot echoes throughout the small house. His body hits the ground and lands at Jaclyn's feet.
JACLYN: Shit. That was loud...
>>
No. 949084 ID: b1b4f3

Well there's one more room, go clear it. This time assume it's got active hostiles in it.
>>
No. 949086 ID: ad51b8

I'd suggest setting up some quick barricades so if anyone else in the house rush you, you can give yourself some time to gun them down should they rush you and to use as cover should they have guns.
>>
No. 949087 ID: 015bf2

>Loud
Yeah, assume any other foes in this house know you're here now. At least it's indoors. It's unlikely anything too far away outside will be able to locate where the muffled shot came from.

Verify your kill then get back out into the corridor to see if anyone's coming to investigate. Listen to hear if there's any thumping indicating the cellar door's trying to be opened. Or just screaming, swearing, muttering and running in general.
>>
No. 949090 ID: 977456

Quickly drag the fresh corpse to the old corpse. Put the sword into the old corpse's hand and the new corpse's bullet-wound. Then climb out of the window.
>>
No. 949092 ID: b1b4f3

Sneaky option: hide in the cupboard.
>>
No. 949093 ID: eeb7d9

Well, next time, less talking, more staby stab in the backy back. Check the room quickly, there might be more people that heard that noise.
>>
No. 949095 ID: 8d4593

Clear the wardrobe, but save rummaging through this room for a moment.
There's one room on this floor that needs clearing.
>>
No. 949103 ID: a9af05

>>949083
>Loud
Duh! Of course it's going to be loud! Were you expecting the gun to make a quiet noise when you fire it?

>>949092
Good idea. Hide in there for a moment and listen for anyone else coming. If we don't hear anyone after a few minutes, then it should be safe to come out.
>>
No. 949117 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157329439965.png - (78.74KB , 1558x1064 , House 19-1.png )
949117

>>949103
>Duh! Of course it's going to be loud! Were you expecting the gun to make a quiet noise when you fire it?
JACLYN: I'm just thinking out loud! Don't be a smart ass.

>>949095
>Clear the wardrobe
JACLYN: Nothin' in here...

>>949093
>Check the room quickly
Jaclyn looks over the room hastily. Searching the room quickly and under pressure makes it much less likely for her to find anything. Jaclyn comes up empty handed
>>
No. 949118 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157329440319.png - (261.18KB , 1558x1064 , House 21.png )
949118

>>949087
>Get back out into the corridor to see if anyone's coming to investigate.
Jaclyn returns to the hall. There's noise coming from downstairs.
JACLYN: Something's trying to break out of the basement...
>>
No. 949119 ID: ce39da

I'm thinking you want to be where the gore (read; food) isn't. If nothing's reacting behind the last door, check it, and if there are no morsels for beasty, hide there and listen for it to come up and enter one of the rooms - I get the impression that you have a good sense of directional hearing.
>>
No. 949120 ID: 015bf2

>>949118
Head halfway down the stairs and look at whatever's trying to get out, pistol ready. If you can get a sneak shot off on whatever it is without getting snuck up on anything or anyone from the uncleared rooms behind you, that'd be ideal.
>>
No. 949122 ID: eeb7d9

>>949119
Hiding sounds good right now.
>>
No. 949123 ID: 8d4593

There's a lamp in the room we just left that we can use to smash through that 2nd story window if need be.

For now, draw your gun and position yourself on the banister aiming for the basement door, its an overwhelmingly favorable position for us.
>>
No. 949126 ID: 91ee5f

>>949123
This
>>
No. 949166 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157337307074.png - (97.54KB , 1558x1064 , House 21-1.png )
949166

>>949119
>If nothing's reacting behind the last door, check it
Jaclyn carefully listens at the last door before carefully checking inside. She jumps at the site of the weird mannequin at the back of the small room.
JACLYN: Fuck! I can't stand this place...

The room looks like it used to be a closet maybe? The roof's been knocked open allowing light in, and a portion of the wall's been knocked out to make a holding pen, which currently holds an emaciated corpse. The holding pen is locked.
>>
No. 949168 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157337317867.png - (68.32KB , 1558x1064 , House 22.png )
949168

>>949120
>>949123
>For now, draw your gun and position yourself on the banister aiming for the basement door.
>Head halfway down the stairs and look at whatever's trying to get out, pistol ready.
Jaclyn loads her pistol and waits at the top of the stairs as the thing in the basement bangs on the door. The wooden door begins to splinter and crack as the banging increases. The love-seat is being pushed away from the door with each push on the door. Whatever is behind the basement door has an inhuman strength.

The door's close to being broken but there's still a small window of time before the creature bursts out of holding...
>>
No. 949174 ID: ad51b8

>there's still a small window of time before the creature bursts out of holding...

good idea, jump out the small window... or just go out the front door.
>>
No. 949180 ID: 91ee5f

>>949168
Inhuman strength might mean it’ll take more than 1 bullet in the head to kill it.

Now might be a good time to get out of the house!
>>
No. 949181 ID: ed37dc

That thing will likely be out around when we reach the front door. I don’t like our chances of simply outrunning it. Hold your ground, and don’t hesitate in shooting the moment it comes out; the staircase should give you enough time to head into the hallway and hide somewhere.
>>
No. 949182 ID: a9af05

>>949168
Shoot that thing as soon as you see it!

>>949181
>Hide
Or we could go out the window in that room where we killed the other guy.
>>
No. 949186 ID: 8d4593

Drag the corpse over and throw it over the banister. Then resume attack position.

With any luck it will distract whatever bursts out of there long enough for you to get a clean shot.
>>
No. 949228 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157345365245.png - (149.75KB , 1558x1064 , House 23.png )
949228

>>949186
>Drag the corpse over and throw it over the banister. Then resume attack position.
JACLYN: I hope this things hungry...actually, scratch that.

Jaclyn readies her pistol, the banging gets louder and louder until finally the door splinters, and the love seat baring it is flung aside. The air is flooded with the rancid scent of freshly dead venison. Groans of pain and rasping breaths fill the once silent house. Jaclyn lays her eyes on the monstrosity the emerges from the basement

JACLYN'S WILL IS TESTED... (WILL C: 50/50 CHANCE)
SHE FAILS!
JACLYN GAINS 1 INSANITY
>>
No. 949229 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157345366611.png - (68.29KB , 1558x1064 , House 24.png )
949229

JACLYN: HOLY SHIT!
Jaclyn fire's at the monstrosity. Since it's distracted by the cultist's corpse, her shot hits with no complications. Jaclyn manages to reload her pistol and fire a second time (DEXTERITY C: 50/50). The bullet connects! It hits the creature in the eye, temporarily ruining it's sight. The monstrosity, screeches and begins to shamble up the stairs towards her.
>>
No. 949230 ID: 977456

Might wanna aim for the groin. Less redundancy and if you break a bone down there then it'll have trouble walking. t might be able to go up walls or something, but appearances indicate that it is taking the stairs, and is too big to dodge while doing so. Might cost a lot of ammo, but a blaze of glory while it is getting to the second floor really ought to do for it.
>>
No. 949234 ID: b1b4f3

Nasty! Keep shooting. Headshot didn't kill it, try other spots. Or maybe you need to shoot both heads?

Since it's a bit blind you could sidestep it by hanging off the balcony to get back to the first floor, then dashing towards the door so it can't cut you off.
>>
No. 949236 ID: ad51b8

it's still moving and you still have bullets. You know what to do.
>>
No. 949242 ID: 91ee5f

>>949229
You’ve got an improvised anti-personnel mine. All you have to do is get some distance between you and the monster so that you don’t get caught in the explosion!

But I don’t like that the mine has a 50/50 chance of not working. Maybe if we had examined it before rushing into battle, we could’ve done something to improve the odds of the mine exploding?
>>
No. 949245 ID: 8d4593

>>949242
With the way that thing walks I doubt that thing would step on it anyway.
We'll force it to explode.

place it at the top of the stairs, run down the hallway, and shoot it.
>>
No. 949312 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157353029535.png - (94.92KB , 1558x1064 , House 25.png )
949312

>>949230
>Might wanna aim for the groin. Less redundancy and if you break a bone down there then it'll have trouble walking.
Jaclyn aims for the Conjoined Monstrosity as it shambles up the stairs. With little room to dodge, the shot hits!

The Conjoined Monstrosity screeches in pain and spits a fetid sludge from the wound down the middle of it's torso (DEXTERITY C + BLINDED: SOMEWHAT UNLIKELY) The monster's acid misses! Though the smell is enough to make Jaclyn gag.

>>949242
>You’ve got an improvised anti-personnel mine.
>place it at the top of the stairs, run down the hallway, and shoot it.
Jaclyn takes out the improvised anti-personnel mine and plants it at the top of the stairs...
>>
No. 949313 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157353030142.png - (89.06KB , 1558x1064 , House 26.png )
949313

Jaclyn waits for the monstrosity to reach the mine and then fires. The explosion catches the conjoined creature and sends it flying through the banister and onto the floor. It's rasping breath can still be heard along with the shuffling of movement, and the squeaking of hinges as a door opens.

JACLYN HAS FIRED 5 SMALL BULLETS! SHE HAS 15 LEFT!
>>
No. 949315 ID: b1b4f3

It's retreating into the kitchen? Or is something coming through the front door? Go look.

If it's heading into the kitchen it's probably gonna eat the head in the freezer to recover. We need more firepower to put it down... time to search that one room we haven't entered yet, and possibly more carefully search the room we hastily looked through.
>>
No. 949334 ID: 8d4593

Oh hell no. That monstrosity isn't getting away!
Press the attack. Shoot it in it's other head this time!

While you're here though, crush the dear skull on the mannequin in that closet next to you.
It's horns are awfully similar to the ones protruding from the creature below.
>>
No. 949336 ID: ad51b8

hmm, looks like we're going to need a bigger gun. also hope that door opening isn't from the door behind you.
>>
No. 949343 ID: eeb7d9

Sturdy motherfucker. Let's look for something to finally put it down.
>>
No. 949346 ID: 91ee5f

>>949315
Do this.

>>949334
>crush the dear skull on the mannequin in that closet next to you.
We can worry about that later. Now isn’t the time for that.
>>
No. 949353 ID: a9af05

>>949315
>Carefully search room we hastily searched
Good plan.

There was a book on a table next to a bloody head that seemed important.
>>
No. 949372 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157360750739.png - (73.56KB , 1558x1064 , House 27.png )
949372

>>949315
>It's retreating into the kitchen? Or is something coming through the front door? Go look.
JACLYN: Nothing's entered the house, and that things gone...I don't hear anything in the kitchen.

>time to search that one room we haven't entered yet
JACLYN: Which room is that?
>>
No. 949374 ID: eeb7d9

Do you hear noise in the basement?
>>
No. 949378 ID: 91ee5f

>>949372
There’s surprisingly little damage to the stairs, considering an explosion went off on them.

>no monster
It must’ve gone back to the basement. You’d better not follow it without some type of light source.

>>time to search that one room we haven't entered yet
>Which room is that?
Ignore that. You’ve already been to all of the rooms upstairs.

What we meant to say was to go back to that room where you shot the cultist. Now that the monster has run away, you’ve got a chance to search that room more thoroughly.
>>
No. 949390 ID: b1b4f3

>which room is that?
Nevermind, I forgot the last door went to the tiny room with the cage.

...which door opened? The basement has no door now. Well, it probably fled out the front door if it didn't go into the kitchen. Carefully enter the kitchen to find out. If it's not in there, then it's left the house which is fine, and we can use an improvised torch to search the basement.
>>
No. 949398 ID: b1b4f3

...I guess if there's a second door in the basement it might be down there. Maybe we should search the madman's room in that case.
>>
No. 949399 ID: 977456

Y'know, there is no reason to expect a rewards for exploring the whole house. Let's just leave and find something less... cannibalistic...
>>
No. 949404 ID: 8d4593

There was something big in the basement. A boiler maybe?
And I think there was a door beneath the stairs.
Upstairs, it looked like there was a hole in the wall behind the cage. Maybe it links to the basement?
Either way, we need a lightsource to get down there. Torches will do.

>>949399
Oh fuck all that. Piece of mind is it's own reward.
Would you wanna explore a creepy city knowing that thing was still running around?
That thing needs to die.
>>
No. 949408 ID: a9af05

>>949404
>Upstairs, it looked like there was a hole in the wall behind the cage. Maybe it links to the basement?
There isn't a hole in the wall. That was an emaciated corpse in the cage.
>>
No. 949421 ID: 8d4593

>>949408
Ok cool. That makes things easier.
>>
No. 949445 ID: 977456

>>949404
It is an entire city. Unless this is secretly Doomguy's origin story, we are not going door-to-door pacifying it in its entirety. We can't even secure our access path unless we trap it to the nines. Yes, every dead monster helps our piece of mind, but the minds around here are clearly in a lot of pieces, just one isn't worth thinking about.
>>
No. 949447 ID: 8d4593

>>949445
Yes, that's true.
But given the (+1 Insanity) modifier a bit back, it's also a bit meta.
That thing shouldn't exist as far as our character is concerned.
Given that Jaclyn only encountered this thing like a minute ago and has been fighting most of that time, she probably hasn't been able to fully digest the implications it presents.

That said, there is merit to securing this location.
1: If it's cleared out we can much more safely comb through it properly.
2: We have few supplies, no base of operations, and we cannot assume anywhere deeper in will be easier to take. We're here and have already done half the job. Might as well finish it.
3: We need allies. Jaclyn's background suggests more of a command/control type position rather than an 'on the ground' one. As the first location encountered it's reasonable to assume this farmhouse is near the entrance to the city. If the guy we encountered here is any indication of the kind of people who can be found in the walls, than this might be the best place to find a potential friend. With any luck we'll spot another seeker coming in.
>>
No. 949547 ID: 1a28a2

>>949447
Don’t forget that, if the water pipers are or cut or damaged, this farm is nearby the water tower so we’ll still have easy access to drinkable water.
>>
No. 949549 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157378554241.png - (93.11KB , 1558x1064 , House 30.png )
949549

>>949378
>It must’ve gone back to the basement.
>>949374
>Do you hear noise in the basement?
JACLYN: Don't hear anything coming from the basement, must not've gone down there.

>>949390
>Well, it probably fled out the front door if it didn't go into the kitchen. Carefully enter the kitchen to find out.
JACLYN: ...Nothing in here, it must have left the house.

While in the kitchen Jaclyn remembers to check the garbage disposal pipe. She finds a small scratched key!

>>>949399
JACLYN: This is true...Though there may be things in the basement, and I have yet to open the cage upstairs which I'm sure this key opens.

>>949447
>there is merit to securing this location...If it's cleared out we can much more safely comb through it properly...
>we cannot assume anywhere deeper in will be easier to take. We're here and have already done half the job. Might as well finish it.
JACLYN: I haven't been hurt at all yet, so it's not like I can't continue. Still have ammo, though I'm not sure how many bullets it'll take to kill that thing. Now that I think about it if I left now not only would I gain nothing, I would also be down 5 bullets.
>>
No. 949551 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157378554773.png - (76.69KB , 1558x1064 , House 31.png )
949551

>>949378
>>949398
>go back to that room where you shot the cultist.
>Maybe we should search the madman's room in that case
Jaclyn returns to search the room in better detail.
>>
No. 949553 ID: 91ee5f

>>949549
>I have yet to open the cage upstairs which I'm sure this key opens.
That emaciated corpse is the cage might be holding something. Just make sure it’s a corpse and not another monster waiting to ambush whoever opens the cage.

Although, don’t worry about that for now. Let’s focus on the room you’re in right now.

>>949551
Check that book on the table next to the bloody head.

Also look under the bed and in the nightstand next to the bed.
>>
No. 949554 ID: eeb7d9

Ready the gun, you never know what is in here. Look inside wardrobe.
>>
No. 949555 ID: b1b4f3

>>949551
Wardrobe first. Then under the bed, then read that book.
>>
No. 949556 ID: 91ee5f

>>949554
>>949555
>wardrobe
Speaking of which, make sure to check the pockets of any clothes in there for anything that might be valuable.
>>
No. 949572 ID: a9af05

>>949553
>>949554
>>949555
>>949556
Pretty much all of these.
>>
No. 949612 ID: 8d4593

Check in/Under the lamp.
>>
No. 949712 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157397176506.png - (70.62KB , 1558x1064 , House 33.png )
949712

>Look inside wardrobe.
JACLYN: Already checked, nothin' in there.

>Take book
JACLYN: It looks like it used to be a book on wood sculpting techniques, but the inside's been defaced with blood and ink. A lot of this is just garbled nothing. A few of the pictures are still clear though, don't think I have time to learn though...

>Check under the bed
JACLYN: I checked under here before, but I was in a hurry...wait a minute.
One of the floorboards is lose, beneath it is a crossbow with two bolts.

>Check nightstand
JACLYN: Now what the hell is this?
In the drawer, Jaclyn finds a jar of...blood? There's a slight glow to the scarlet liquid inside. It looks like blood, and there's an iron smell to it, but there's something off about it...

Jaclyn can hear the house settle...she's sick of being here...
>>
No. 949713 ID: b1b4f3

Alright let's go open that cage to see what's in it.
>>
No. 949719 ID: a9af05

>>949713
Yes, let's do this.
>>
No. 949736 ID: 6d6624

>>949712
Oh my god did she just find Adam?
>>
No. 949739 ID: a9af05

>>949719
And make sure you poke the corpse in the cage with one of the arrows you found, just to make sure it's actually a corpse.

>>949736
Who is Adam?
>>
No. 949742 ID: b1b4f3

>>949739
Bioshock reference.
>>
No. 949745 ID: eeb7d9

>>949736
I... wouldn't be surprised, actually.
>>
No. 949747 ID: 91ee5f

>>949713
This.

>>949739
>poke corpse with arrow
Also this.
>>
No. 949761 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157404500976.png - (89.12KB , 1558x1064 , House 34.png )
949761

>>949713
>Alright let's go open that cage to see what's in it.
Jaclyn returns to the small cage room.

>>949739
>And make sure you poke the corpse in the cage with one of the arrows you found, just to make sure it's actually a corpse.
Jaclyn jabs the corpse with an arrow, Sometimes a corpse is just a corpse. This cadaver is of no threat to Jaclyn.
>>
No. 949762 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157404501464.png - (89.67KB , 1558x1064 , House 35.png )
949762

...but the twisted one that fell through the hole in the ceiling still is. The Conjoined Monstrosity surprises Jaclyn as it lands on top of her pinning her down. The rotting stench of death filling her nose, and the rattling gasps and growls from the monster break the silence of the small room.

JACLYN'S WILL IS TESTED... (WILL C: 50/50 CHANCE)
SHE FAILS!
JACLYN GAINS 2 INSANITY


The Conjoined Monstrosity claws and bites Jaclyn, she has no way of avoiding the attack while pinned! Jaclyn suffers a Minor Wound and a Scratch.
>>
No. 949764 ID: 8d4593

SHOOT IT!
SHOOT IT RIGHT IN THE GLOWING RED GARBAGE THAT IS IT'S EYE.
>>
No. 949765 ID: 91ee5f

>>949762
>ambush!
Ah fuck, we forgot about the hole in the roof.

>What do?!
After getting hit by an explosion, I doubt this thing can take very many hits! Stab it in its glowing eyes with your knife!
>>
No. 949766 ID: b1b4f3

Melee range, may as well use the knife.
>>
No. 949767 ID: 977456

Grab the legs and pull yourself under it until you can climb it from behind.
>>
No. 949770 ID: eeb7d9

Stab it in the eyes!
>>
No. 949830 ID: a9af05

>>949762
Stab it!
>>
No. 949855 ID: b1b4f3

Could try stabbing the neck too.
>>
No. 949915 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157421399644.png - (163.36KB , 1558x1064 , House 36.png )
949915

>STAB IT
The monster's guttural growls turn into ear piercing shrieks as Jaclyn plunges her knife into it's eye socket. Jaclyn takes the opportunity to kick it off of her.
>>
No. 949916 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157421400111.png - (117.61KB , 1558x1064 , House 37.png )
949916

>SHOOT IT
Jaclyn draws her pistol and fires (DEXTERITY C + CLOSE RANGE = LIKELY: SUCCESS!). The bullet slams into the creature's forehead.

As the thing spasms and convulses, rotten puss spews from the gaping hole between the bodies of the monstrosity towards Jaclyn (DEXTERITY C + BLINDED + DYING + CLOSE RANGE = 50/50: SUCCESS!). The acid splatters over one of Jaclyn's legs, burning through the pant leg and singeing her flesh! She suffers a moderate wound to her leg.

JACLYN: AAAAAAGGGH! FUCK!

The monster twitches and sways before falling to the floor dead.
>>
No. 949919 ID: b1b4f3

At least it's dead finally.
Time for first aid!
>>
No. 949924 ID: ad51b8

well... that sucked. But at least it's dead... maybe shoot it again just to be safe, double tap and all that.

Anyways try to clean the acid of your leg and start doing some first aid.
>>
No. 949928 ID: 094652

Quick, wash the acid off!

>Double tap
Yes. It has two heads; shoot the other one, and then bury the beast just to be on the safe side.
>>
No. 949931 ID: 8d4593

>I think this is appropriate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKQJXJOVGE4

Get way too hyped up about finally killing this fucking thi-

>Insanity 3

...and then immediately flip the hell out a bit.
WHAT THE FUCK EVEN IS THAT THING!?!?!
Where did it come from?!?! How is it even alive!?!? Was it alive?!?!
Why was it so hard to kill?!?!?
Fuck Fuck FUCK FUCK FUCK
And it's filled with acid Too? Goddamm-
Acid...
Hehehehehe

I wonder what lye or calcium carbonate would do to it.
Should look for a strong base... Might be more of them out there...
>>
No. 949937 ID: 91ee5f

>>949916
Ok, time to do some First Aid. Then you can open the cage and get whatever is in there with the corpse.
>>
No. 950095 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157446844202.png - (121.85KB , 1558x1064 , House 38.png )
950095

>Time for first aid!
Jaclyn uses her first aid kit to heal the moderate wound on her leg and the minor wound on her arm. The kit has one use left.
JACLYN: Ugh fuck.

>>949931
>Insanity 3
Jaclyn doesn't feel too unhinged, just a bit shaken.

>Double-tap
Jaclyn fires one more bullet into the second head, just to be safe.
JACLYN: Stay down.
>>
No. 950096 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157446844798.png - (159.05KB , 1558x1064 , House 40.png )
950096

>Unlock cage
Jaclyn unlocks the cage and pulls the corpse out, there's nothing else in the little makeshift prison, but the corpse's belly is stitched up and grossly distended...
JACLYN: Do...Do I really want to do this?
>>
No. 950097 ID: ad51b8

maybe poke it first just to make sure nothing might try to pop out.
>>
No. 950098 ID: 977456

With the way things have been going around here, there must be a good butcher's cleaver or mnachete or something, and some dry cloth to put over yourself and shuck off quickly. No need to stick your face right in there, just hack it open from arm's reach.
>>
No. 950105 ID: b1b4f3

>>950096
Be as clean as possible about it. Cut the stitches, pry open the existing wound with your knife, don't touch anything directly.
>>
No. 950116 ID: 015bf2

>>950096
You're here to find answers, aren't you?

Mind you, there's no guarantee those answers are inside this guy's stomach sack, but it does make some (non-)sense for a creepy insane dude to store something in a dead guy's belly.

Anything nearby, kitchen, room next door that you can cover your hands with, in case it gets extra gross? Cloth, etc.?
>>
No. 950152 ID: 91ee5f

>>950096
Let’s cut him open and see what’s inside.
>>
No. 950195 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157455798704.png - (162.01KB , 1558x1064 , House 41.png )
950195

>>950105
>Cut the stitches, pry open the existing wound with your knife, don't touch anything directly.
Jaclyn covers her mouth and nose with her shirt and begins to open the stitches. Carefully, slowly, she opens the corpse. Her shirt doesn't help the rotting stench much. The corpse is stuffed with sharps rusty scrap metal, nails, and a hand grenade.
JACLYN: Looks like they were planning on turning this dead body into a booby trap...nasty.

Jaclyn carefully removes the hand grenade from the corpse's stomach and adds it to her inventory.
JACLYN: Well, only one more place to look before moving on.
>>
No. 950210 ID: b1b4f3

Yep, time to light something on fire and proceed into the basement. You could try wrapping a stick in some fabric from the bed? Too bad there's no oil or tar to soak it in.
>>
No. 950216 ID: 91ee5f

>>950195
Time to go to the basement.
>>
No. 950220 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157456305516.png - (95.36KB , 1558x1064 , House 32.png )
950220

>Basement
Jaclyn returns to the kitchen, crafts a torch, and then heads to the basement. Now that the darkness is lit by the makeshift torch, cobwebs and dust can be seen clinging to the walls. Jaclyn can just barely make out a water boiler at the back next to a collection of boxes, the source of the hissing noise. Deep scratches are set into the floorboards, evidence of the conjoined monstrosity dwelling down here...
JACLYN: Even when lit this place is a shit hole.
>>
No. 950221 ID: b1b4f3

Put a box in front of that door to at least get a warning if something comes out of there, then search the rest of the stuff.
>>
No. 950237 ID: 91ee5f

>>950220
There’s another door under the stairs you’re on.

>Jaclyn can just barely make out a water boiler at the back next to a collection of boxes, the source of the hissing noise.
This is worded in a way that’s confusing me. Is the water boiler the source of the hissing or is it the boxes? Because if it’s the boxes, there might be something dangerous in them.

>Deep scratches are set into the floorboards, evidence of the conjoined monstrosity dwelling down here...
It’s a good thing we all decided to not be idiots and fumble around in complete darkness! That thing would’ve fucked us up!

>>950221
Do this.
>>
No. 950239 ID: 84cc34

check barrels around water heater and the water heater and see what's in the door under the stairs.
>>
No. 950478 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157490594354.png - (110.03KB , 1558x1064 , House 42.png )
950478

>>950221
>Put a box in front of that door to at least get a warning if something comes out of there
JACLYN: Done.

>>950239
>check barrels
JACLYN: Oh shit! Aren't I lucky?
There's a saber, a semi-automatic rifle with 8 large bullets, a bottle full of painkillers, and another smaller jar of red goo.

>check the water heater
JACLYN: Yup, it's a water heater.

>>950237
>It’s a good thing we all decided to not be idiots and fumble around in complete darkness! That thing would’ve fucked us up!
JACLYN: It would've fucked ME up. Still, glad I didn't risk it/
>>
No. 950479 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157490595916.png - (477.98KB , 1558x1064 , House 28.png )
950479

>check door under the stairs
The rickety door creaks open. Jaclyn is once again smacked in the face with the smell of rotting bloody gore, a smell she'll never get used to.
JACLYN: Fucking foul...what the hell?

The inside of the room is coated with coagulated bloody jelly, Jaclyn can hear maggots crawling around the filth and flies buzzing about. The main thing that draws Jaclyn's eye in the closet is the body hanging upside down, half sunken into the flesh covered walls, it's face totally gone leaving a gaping hole in it's place...She can hear something...a voice?

?????: hHHAAAHHhh...aAngela?...aaAangelaA hHave you ssSEen MmyY bBoOk?...iI'Mm sStiIlL tTryiinG to gGeet tTHe hHang Oof cCarving a cCow...wWell, wWWhen iIi gGet Gget gGooD EnouGH I cAn sSstartT sSelliN' em'. eEarl's Said tHeY'd mAke gGood tRInket's...
>>
No. 950480 ID: 2aa5f0

Do we have a book on us? Also is the voice coming from the walls, the body or does it sound like it's coming deeper in the "room"?
>>
No. 950482 ID: eeb7d9

Ehhhh remind us what book where you looking for?
>>
No. 950483 ID: b1b4f3

>>950479
What else is in there? Looks like some kind of box, can you see if anything in there is worth investigating? If you have no desire to get anywhere near... whatever that is, just ask some questions. Try to find out some answers about what happened here since this is the only thing you've met that has talked to you.
>>
No. 950517 ID: 015bf2

>>950479
Shut down brain. Loot stuff inside. Don't touch red stuff. Close door. Let out a long sigh. Turn on brain again.

Ask the voice - through the door - where did he leave his book? And what did Earl said about 'selling trinkets'?
>>
No. 950544 ID: ce39da

Just close the door and leave. Entering probably isn't safe and we do have some loot now. After checking the barn for posterity we can probably move on without worrying too much about what could have been.
>>
No. 950715 ID: 8fb3ba
File An_Odd_Conversation_.webm - (6.87MB , An Odd Conversation .webm )
950715

>>950480
>Do we have a book on us?
JACLYN: (I have the book I took from the upstairs bedroom.)

>is the voice coming from the walls, the body or does it sound like it's coming deeper in the "room"?
JACLYN: (I...I can't tell? It's like it's coming from everywhere at the same time. It's so clear.)

>>950483
>>950517
>can you see if anything in there is worth investigating?
JACLYN: (An cardboard box with something small in it, an old hoe, and a bag of manure)

>Loot stuff inside. Don't touch red stuff.
Jaclyn carefully leans forward and reaches for the cardboard box, Inside is two shotgun shells.

>Ask questions
JACLYN: Uh...Do you know what's happened here?
?????: AaanggeellLLLAA?? aaAAnngelLLAA~?

The voice repeats the same name over and over again until other voices join in in whispers overlapping one another. No other responses but asking for the book and calling for "Angela" all echoing inside of Jaclyn's head...It's starting to give her a headache
>>
No. 950718 ID: eeb7d9

>>950715
I remember hearing that noise before...

Check the book, see if is the one it wants.
>>
No. 950729 ID: b1b4f3

Close the door. Go back upstairs, get more flammable materials. Bring it down here, put it all into the closet and set it on fire. Close the door again.

Exit house. Consider heading back home.
>>
No. 950732 ID: 56076d

Toss th' book in 'is 'orrible gob then and if naught else 'appens jes' shrug and git outta 'ere, brightbrains.

It ain't no good listenin' ta voices outta nowhere, don'tcha know!
>>
No. 950737 ID: 91ee5f

>>950729
This sounds like a good idea.
>>
No. 950740 ID: 977456

>It's like it's coming from everywhere at the same time. It's so clear.
Sounds like telepathy. Try thinking of something traumatic... to a fleshwall... termites?
>>
No. 950742 ID: 1188fb

>>950715
This may sound crazy but...what would happen if we destroyed the book?
>>
No. 950751 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157534339398.png - (471.40KB , 1558x1064 , House 43.png )
950751

>>950718
Check the book, see if is the one it wants.
JACLYN: It's a book on wood carving techniques

>>950729
>>950737
>Set it on fire.
JACLYN: This whole place does deserve to be torched.

>Consider heading back home.
JACLYN: I've been considering that since the flesh monster attacked me...So am I torching this place or giving the book over Hell, I could do both if I really feel like it.
>>
No. 950757 ID: b1b4f3

I mean if you don't want to keep the book you may as well hand it over.
>>
No. 950762 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157534926958.png - (478.51KB , 1558x1064 , House 44.png )
950762

>>950757
>may as well hand it over.
Jaclyn takes the wood carving book and sort of holds it toward the corpse.
?????: hHaAHh?...tHERe iiTt iIISS!...wWhaT?...oH anGEla, wE wOn'T hAVe tO WoRRy aBOut AnyThhing. If tTheY gGet tOo rOWdy tHe GuARd wILl hANdle ThE proBLEem...tTrust mMeeE, wWe DOn't nNeeEd tTo GoOo aAnYwhEree...

The book is gone, Jaclyn didn't drop it, it just disappeared into thin air...Something creeps out from the corpse's body...a note?

Angela
You were right, Things haven't been getting better. Those savages took over the local prayer house and now all of the statues of our Golden Lady are gone, replaced with weird black onyx inhumane figures. It's awful, in the dead of night on my way back home one of them threw a bottle at me, probably because I was wearing my necklace. It's not safe for me to be here, I'll join you in The Steppe soon if you aren't still mad at me.
-Archie

>>
No. 950763 ID: 248dbd

Wait, was that flesh abomination the guard. Are things about to attack this place? Do we need to set up a defensive perimeter?

Also sounds like the local church is going to be a hell hole so at least we got a heads up there.
>>
No. 950766 ID: b1b4f3

Looks like an old note about stuff that happened a long time ago.
Ask Archie where the necklace went. Maybe we can get that before burning down the house? If you want to be real stylish you could leave the gas on too. Explosions!!!
>>
No. 950783 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157536384477.png - (477.98KB , 1558x1064 , House 28.png )
950783

>>950763
>Wait, was that flesh abomination the guard?
JACLYN: Nah, that doesn't make any sense. This note's about stuff that's happened in the past.

>>950766
>Ask Archie where the necklace went.
Archie seems unresponsive, the whispers have stopped too. All's quiet in the house.
>>
No. 950784 ID: 977456

Are those bands in the door anything? Do you feel up to checking the stuff in the closet now that the hanger is passive? If you can get the stick then you could use it to hook out the rest. Do a once-over of the room for loose bricks. If people were hiding symbols then "behind the loose brick" is a traditional spot.
>>
No. 950792 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157536554734.png - (95.00KB , 1558x1064 , House 45.png )
950792

>>950784
>Are those bands in the door anything?
JACLYN: They're keeping the door held together...

>Do you feel up to checking the stuff in the closet now that the hanger is passive?
JACLYN: It's still covered in bloody flesh clumps and writhing maggots. That hoe and bag of manure is not worth stepping in there.

>Do a once-over of the room for loose bricks.
Jaclyn checks the whole basement over
JACLYN: Nothing.
>>
No. 950797 ID: 2aa5f0

huh, guess this place is clear for now. So unless you want to fortify this place a little to act as a safe house for the night I guess it's time to move on and hope the next place we find isn't as much of a hell hole.
>>
No. 950805 ID: 91ee5f

>>950792
Head upstairs where there’s more light, then check the broken radio you picked up earlier. There might be something hidden in it.
>>
No. 950817 ID: b1b4f3

Let's go search the scarecrow in the cage room.
>>
No. 950819 ID: 8d4593

Anything inside the boiler?
>>
No. 950821 ID: 56076d

>>950792
That was... odd and disturbing. But helpful to your quest! Sounds like the farmer and his wife had a disagreement, and she decided to leave the area before things got worse. Smart lady.

So now we know some kind of religious order or cult took over the town - or at least this part of it. Sounds like it might be related to the corruption and madness that took over the place.

>Onyx figurines
Might be something to keep an eye out for - and a few feet away from.

>The Steppe
The Steppe sounds like a hiding or safe spot somewhere around here. Perhaps it's someplace you can locate if you look for it. If people skeptical of falling under the sway of the cult gathered there, there might be more clues, even if there aren't survivors.

>Wot Next
I think you've emptied out the house for the most part. You could tinker with the radio to see if you can make it work, or if anything's scavengable from it.

There's also still the barn to search and you could check up on the water tower. Other than that, searching for the Steppe or heading further into the city might be good moves.

>Base
Farmhouse is... probably not the best place, considering how the corruption's taken around here.
>>
No. 950878 ID: ce39da

If you've swiped everything of value and the barn is a decent ways off (enough to not likely catch fire itself), torch the house. If there's nothing left to be gained, then incinerating the remaining taint is the first step to reclaiming the land. If the barn is close enough to be at risk, then hold off on it for now and check that first.

Oh, and take the note so you have something to give the wife if she's still alive out in those "steppes."

Actually, come to think of it, did we ever properly search that tub? Might want to dump that out and see if that's where the necklace is. (Not having all that fluid clumped in a container will also more easily assure that no trace of the corruption escapes the flames.)
>>
No. 950928 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157552545476.png - (92.14KB , 1558x1064 , House 46.png )
950928

>>950821
>The Steppe sounds like a hiding or safe spot somewhere around here.
JACLYN: Nope, It's outside of Solrg completely. She didn't just leave the area, she left the whole damn city, and she was smart for doin' it.

>>950819
>Anything inside the boiler?
JACLYN: Nothin'

>>950805
>Head upstairs where there’s more light, then check the broken radio you picked up earlier. There might be something hidden in it.
JACLYN: It's got batteries...but they don't look like they got much charge left in 'em.

>>950817
>Let's go search the scarecrow in the cage room.
JACLYN: Nothing on it but stitched up untanned bloody hides and furs.

>>950878
>Incinerating the remaining taint is the first step to reclaiming the land.
JACLYN: No amount of fire'll help clean this hell hole, and certainly not from one person. Solrg is huge, and unless I can carpet bomb the whole thing it'll stay tainted.
>>
No. 950929 ID: 8d4593

I-Is that a candle behind the scarecrow stand?
Might as well grab it.

Shall we check the barn, now?
>>
No. 950930 ID: 91ee5f

>>950928
Where the fuck is the monster corpse?! Don’t tell me that thing is moving around again!
>>
No. 950931 ID: b1b4f3

Check inside the couch cushions?
>>
No. 950935 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157553028380.png - (91.66KB , 1558x1064 , House 46.png )
950935

>>950930
>Where the fuck is the monster corpse?!
JACLYN: I was trying to ignore it

>>950929
>I-Is that a candle behind the scarecrow stand? Might as well grab it.
JACLYN: Sure, could be helpful

>Shall we check the barn, now?
JACLYN: I think I've had enough of this place, doubt I'll get what I need from skulking around this dump all day.
>>
No. 950936 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157553029650.png - (84.30KB , 1558x1064 , House Burning.png )
950936

Jaclyn gathers everything that could be flammable and dumps it in the basement room. She lights a torch and chucks it in the pile before quickly making her exit. The smell is downright putrid, but Jaclyn feels the slightest bit of ease knowing that what was in there is gone.

JACLYN LOSES 1 INSANITY
>>
No. 950937 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157553030291.png - (83.71KB , 1558x1064 , Barn.png )
950937

>Check Barn
The place is rather empty, surprisingly untouched by the cultists.
JACLYN: Feels like months a month since I was somewhere not covered in blood, the smells still...I hear something.

The sound of squeaking wheels can be heard coming closer to the barn, like an old bike.
>>
No. 950938 ID: 91ee5f

>>950937
Look out the window to see who or what it is.
>>
No. 950944 ID: 977456

Go to the back of the barn, climb the posts to get to the roof(dig something into the wood for a handhold, or throw something over the rafters and pull yourself up? Your clever, you can figure something out.), then shimmy across the rafters to hide above the entrance. If they follow your scent, then they ought follow your trail to the back, so you can jump them or drop down and run out the door and steal their putrid locomotion. If they don't have nonsense scent-seeking nonsense of nonsense, then nobody ever looks up, you'll be fiiiiiine.
>>
No. 950946 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157554516440.png - (111.75KB , 999x1064 , Bike wheel.png )
950946

>>950938
>Look out the window to see who or what it is.
Nothing can be seen from the window

>>950944
>hide above the entrance.
With the help of her knife, Jaclyn climbs the posts of the barn and sidles across the rafters above the entrance to hide herself. The sound of the squeaking wheels grows louder as the source enters the barn. A man on a bike wheels himself inside, behind him a large device is hauled in a wagon attached to the carts rear. Jaclyn can't make out his face from her current angle, but he doesn't seem hostile.

?????: Hello? Hellooo~? I know someones here...Maybe you're just shy, or you're plannin' on bein' a little less than friendly? Well that's all fine and dandy but I know you got sense in your head seein' as that cultist den is damn near up in flames...Listen if you don't wanna talk that's fine, I guess jus'...stay silent if you ain't interested.

The bike man lights a cigarette but doesn't smoke it...
>>
No. 950947 ID: 2aa5f0

can you get a look at the guy?
>>
No. 950948 ID: e3c839

Hey, got another one of those?
>>
No. 950949 ID: 56076d

Point your gun at him from above, but keep the safety on for now.

Point out that it takes confidence or crazy to ride up to a building full of madmen and monsters, even if the place is getting torched. Or, heck, just to be near enough in the first place to do so.

He also knew you'd stuck around and not scarpered off. Came right in after you and proposed this talk. The hell is his deal? You'll trade a more peaceful attitude for some straight answers.
>>
No. 950950 ID: 91ee5f

>>950946
Point your gun at him and let him know where you are. You’ll come down once he proves he ain’t crazy like those cultists.
>>
No. 950951 ID: eeb7d9

>>950950
Yeah, this is good. If he isn't a cuckoo, we talk. Not having someone to talk to can't harm one's sanity.
>>
No. 950958 ID: ce39da

"Wasn't aware there were any 'normal' survivors out here. Of course, I can't be sure you're all that normal yourself, so you'll excuse me if I feel like just talking from up here."
>>
No. 950968 ID: a9af05

>>950950
Do this.
>>
No. 950971 ID: 8d4593

He knew this was a cultist den.
A local perhaps?
A guide would be invaluable.

Cooperation with the local populace is a vital first step to any intel gathering operation.

Have your weapon ready, but don't pop out and start waving it at him. Let's have a nice chat with this guy.
>>
No. 950975 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157559344828.png - (67.19KB , 1084x1178 , Cigarette.png )
950975

>>950950
>Point your gun at him
Jaclyn takes aim
JACLYN: Alright. I'm here, but I'm not so sure I want to come down there if you're like the rest of these nutjobs.
?????: Fair...Y'see when I saw you leavin' the house for a split second I didn't know if you were all there in the head neither. Even if you were you coulda' been a bandit, or a bounty hunter, or any other number of sane wackjobs.
JACLYN: But you still approached me?
?????: Yeah, I had a hunch. Sometimes you just gotta follow your gut y'know? If you were a cultist or a bandit I'd have popped ya and taken the Ichor you got, but seein' as you're a friendly type I guess I won't have to...I can also tell you ain't been in Solrg for long huh? Still took out some cultists though, nice to see you're capable. I'm also gonna guess you don't know how special those jars are huh? If you're comfortable comin' down here I can show you what that stuff is good for.

The man pats the odd contraption he's hauling behind him.
>>
No. 950976 ID: b1b4f3

>>950975
Alright, he seems sane enough. Stop pointing your gun at him, go down and see what he's got... but don't lower your guard either.
>>
No. 950978 ID: d63ea8

>>950975
Keep you eye on that window. Old barns like these could go up in seconds from a loose spark.
>>
No. 950987 ID: a9af05

>>950975
>Still took out some cultists though, nice to see you're capable.
And a monster! Don't forget that!

>taken the Ichor you got
>I'm also gonna guess you don't know how special those jars are huh? If you're comfortable comin' down here I can show you what that stuff is good for.
He's talking about those weird red jars, right? Let's see what he knows.

Ask for a name before you introduce yourself.
>>
No. 950989 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157560226206.png - (150.17KB , 1517x1064 , The Cyclist 1.png )
950989

>>950976
>Alright, he seems sane enough.
JACLYN:...Alright, I'm coming down.
Jaclyn climbs down from the rafters and walks around to face the bike man. His face is hidden behind an odd bird shaped metal mask.
?????: Glad you decided to have a face to face talk! Yelling to you from down here would've been hell on my singing voice, hehe.
JACLYN: You said something about the stuff I had on me.
?????: Yeah...Jaclyn right?
JACLYN: Oh, fuck you! You've got to know saying someone's name when they never gave it to you is creepy right?
FINCH: Yeah, but it speeds up introductions. Call me Finch.
JACLYN: How the hell do you know my name anyway?
FINCH: I can explain that later, but first you wanna know 'bout the Ichor right? Some call it the blood of gods, other's call it the devil's tears, plenty of names for the stuff but Ichor is the most well known. This stuff, when handled by someone with a lick a sense, can be mighty useful. Makes you more than human or, if you don't know what you're doing, less than human.

Finch notices Jaclyn eyeing the cigarette.

FINCH: Want it? I don't smoke, the smell just relaxes me is all.
>>
No. 950990 ID: 015bf2

>>950989
Then, by definition, you are smoking, creepster. But never mind. What IS this I got stuff? Where does it come from? Was it this that turned those poor souls in the house into a conjoined deerstrosity? Did it give him fucking psychic powers?
>>
No. 950991 ID: b1b4f3

>>950989
Uh yeah what is this stuff, and while we're at it how about a brief history lesson? What happened here? Not much information has spread to the outside world.

It might be worth heading back outside of the kingdom just to warn people about the rot-worshiping cultists, since nobody's aware of even those basic details.
>>
No. 950992 ID: 8d4593

I only smoke when life is fucking amazing or fucking awful.

Killing the two headed spider-deer-asshole that jumped out of the ceiling onto me means hell yes I'll take that cigarette.

Need to build me a goddamn flamethrower.
>>
No. 950999 ID: a9af05

>>950989
>How the hell do you know my name anyway?
>I can explain that later
I bet he's looking at the dog tags that Jaclyn is wearing.

>Ichor explanation
Let me guess, that machine he's got can refine the Ichor into something we can use to improve ourselves?
>>
No. 951001 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157560941066.png - (146.61KB , 1517x1064 , The Cyclist 4.png )
951001

>>950999
>I bet he's looking at the dog tags that Jaclyn is wearing.
JACLYN: (I'm not wearing that out in the open, it's under my shirt.)

Jaclyn takes the cigarette.

JACLYN: So, this "ichor", what is it exactly? And while you're at it what happened here? Solrg's history is a whole fucking of a mystery.
FINCH: First, I'm not 100% on what ichor truly is. Nobody really is.
JACLYN: Did it make you a mind reader?
FINCH: I don't read minds, I'm just a good listener. Though not as good as you are. As for the history of Solrg, well it's complicated, I can't give you the full picture neither since I don't know too much. Did you know Solrg is more of a city-state than a kingdom? Though due to it bein' ruled by a king it's called a kingdom, or rather it was called a kingdom. King Randis was the last king before everythin' went to shit, from what I've heard he turned his back on the kingdom's faith.

Finch takes a deep breath of the cigarette smoke.

FINCH: But it was odd when Golden Lady prayer houses became re-purposed for other religions. It wasn't just making room for other branches of faith, it was removin' the Golden Lady altogether. Some people thought sooner or later all remnants a' the Golden Lady would be scrubbed from Solrg. Some whispered that maybe the Queen had somethin' to do with this, but who knows? People'll make things up when there are no real answers.
FINCH: So, you came here for a history lesson hmm? Real stupid of ya. You'll get yourself killed that way, do you even care? Seems like you don't know what you're doin' here. Lucky for you I'm quite altruistic. So if there's anything you need help with I'd be down to give you a hand. Speaking of which!

Finch flips a switch on the side of the machine in his bike wagon.

FINCH: Pour that ichor of yours into the funnel there, and I can make your time here jus' the slightest bit easier...that is, if you trust me.

Jaclyn has 20 oz of Ichor.
>>
No. 951002 ID: 91ee5f

>>951001
Might as well see what this stuff can do for us. Go ahead and pour the Ichor into the machine.
>>
No. 951003 ID: 91ee5f

>>951002
Also, I’d like to point out that this isn’t much of a face to face talk, since he’s wearing that mask and we can’t see his face!
>>
No. 951010 ID: b1b4f3

>>951001
Hold on, is it gonna make you go crazy or mutate or something? We've seen some shit.
>>
No. 951027 ID: 2aa5f0

ask if he knows a good spot to hold up for the night?

Also I say pour about a quarter or a third of the stuff in and get ready for something to happen.
>>
No. 951030 ID: eeb7d9

Knowledge is power. Or so they say. Speaking of knowledge, knowing what this does might be insightful. We should accept his offer. But what do you gain from helping us really?
>>
No. 951033 ID: a9af05

>>951001
Pour the Ichor into the machine to see what happens.
>>
No. 951034 ID: 8d4593

I think we're both shorting each other on information. So Alright. I'll be honest.

>Real stupid of ya. Seems like you don't know what you're doin' here.

This was a mistake. I wanted to make a name for myself. Not have my achievements hidden under someone else's name for once. I heard about Solrg and the corruption within. The higher ups wouldn't touch it. It was perfect.

I burned my savings and assembled a team of mercenaries [The other six suggested starting characters] from my old friends, acquaintances, and colleagues. They were to locate the source of Solrgs' corruption, and I was to be their handler.

But there was nothing to handle. Mere minutes after entering the gates, I lost communication with them. It was never re-established. That was two weeks ago.
I should have stayed away, but here I am.

Now that I've shared, before I give you this.. Ichor. What exactly does that machine do with it?

I'm just throwing this out there, if you like it feel free to get behind or modify it.
>>
No. 951035 ID: 015bf2

>dump
Let’s be cautious here. Dump 5 oz. Full trust isn’t in the cards; if Ichor’s rare and valuable it is worth it for barter with others like Francis, and if he’s gonna do something with it and us then we don’t want a heavy dosage anyway.

>history lessons
It might pay to understand history like this. Something went to really to shit here and Gods only know when and how it’ll spread and happen again. If the mystery can be pieced together before more some damnfool idiot goes and weaponizes Armageddon, there’s a fair few in neighboring kingdoms who’ll rest easier and safer.
>>
No. 951076 ID: ce39da

>>951035
Dump a full even bottle in to keep it square; that's 10oz, I think, though if they're different sizes, use the smaller one.
>>
No. 951088 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157568774261.png - (84.58KB , 1046x1064 , Oven.png )
951088

>>951035
>It might pay to understand history like this.
JACLYN: Recognizing what happened here can help us all avoid it again.
FINCH: Or it'll encourage people who think they know everything to give it a whirl! Assholes that think they can tame it, make it their own. Knowledge like that can be dangerous.

>>951010
>Hold on, is it gonna make you go crazy or mutate or something?
JACLYN: How dangerous is this? It won't turn me into a monster will it?
FLINT: Like I said, when handled by someone with a lick a sense, it's mighty useful. I'm quite a sensible fellow y'know?

>>951030
>But what do you gain from helping us really?
JACLYN: There any reason why you're helpin' me?
FINCH: Can't a gentlemen aid a young lady in these tryin' times?
JACLYN: Cut the bullshit bike man
FINCH: Okay! okay. The machine doesn't refine ALL of the ichor, some of it is stored for me. It's like a tax, s'only fair huh?

>Dump some Ichor
Jaclyn puffs her cigarette and dumps the smaller vial of ichor into the machine funnel. It's about 4 ounces.
JACLYN: This...Is this an oven?
FINCH: Yeah, it was a perfect vessel for the machine! A few modifications and it all came together.

The oven sputters and heats up as the ichor is poured into the funnel, a little smoke escapes from the stove pipe.

FINCH: Sorry, that ain't enough. Needs 15 ounces else it's no good. you got 11 more to give if you want something out of it.
>>
No. 951089 ID: 2aa5f0

fuck it dump out the other 11. It's not like we can really do anything else with the stuff.
>>
No. 951093 ID: b1b4f3

Sigh, fine.
>>
No. 951094 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157569220773.png - (109.09KB , 1304x1064 , Solrg Style Baking.png )
951094

JACLYN: Fine.

Jaclyn pours some of the other jar of ichor into the oven's funnel, it leaves her with a jar of 5 oz of ichor.

FINCH: Fantastic! Now we can get cooking...

The machine begins to shutter and whir. The heat is intense, and the stove pipe spews out a much larger plume of smoke. It fills Jaclyn's lungs along with the cigarette smoke, she begins to hack and cough uncontrollably, her lungs burn, her body aches, something feels different...

PICK ONE ATTRIBUTE TO IMPROVE
>>
No. 951099 ID: 0fae41

STR. What doesn't kill you...
>>
No. 951103 ID: b1b4f3

Dexterity since that's the shootin' stat and it should at least be at C since we've been doing some shooting.
(also whoops during prior combat we were making rolls as if it was C, when it was D)
Either that or Willpower, to help stave off insanity in the long run.
>>
No. 951112 ID: 977456

Voting int, for obvious reasons.
>>
No. 951115 ID: 91ee5f

>>951094
Increase Willpower! Need to make sure Jaclyn doesn’t go insane!
>>
No. 951116 ID: 2aa5f0

>willpower

kinda want to say dex to make our shooting better but seeing how badly we were flunking those sanity saves I feel it would be wiser to try and deal with the silent killer of insanity now instead of having it ruining us down the road.
>>
No. 951117 ID: 094652

Can it increase Charisma? If not, then increase Dexterity.
>>
No. 951139 ID: 015bf2

Haha, let's go for +Int and try to figure out how this machine actually works.

Cough, and glare at bike man.

"That's 'using it with a lick of sense'? Boil the shit so it invades your body vape-style? Fffuck. I'll throw in the rest of what I've got of this damn stuff if you let me have a look at what the fuck this machine actually did."
>>
No. 951140 ID: d63ea8

>>951094
Knowledge is power, lets crank up Int.
>>
No. 951148 ID: 139afd

Int.
Why be slightly less mediocre at something when you can be the best at something else?
>>
No. 951153 ID: 91ee5f

>everyone voting for Int
Guys? Our Int is already maxed out, we can’t go any higher. Could you please vote for something else?
>>
No. 951160 ID: ce39da

On one hand, we’ve failed most if not all of our WLL checks, and things might start getting ugly fast if we don’t improve that.

On the other hand, our DEX is abysmal, and if we didn’t stack the deck and otherwise luck out with our rolls, we’d be dead right now. My vote is DEX.
>>
No. 951161 ID: 8d4593

Int
>>951153
Our Int is only A+
It could be S
Think about it. We're about as smart as a human can be, but now we got some superhuman Juju Juice.

Know the Unknowable
>>
No. 951163 ID: eeb7d9

Fuck it. I want big brain.
>>
No. 951170 ID: 977456

Have there been any int checks?
>>
No. 951172 ID: 91ee5f

>>951161
>It could be S
This was the suggestion everyone supported: >>948800 , which Heretic created here: >>948823 .

That means Int is already at S rank.
>>
No. 951175 ID: eeb7d9

>>951172
Wait, we max it? If that is the case, we should invest in DEX, if we are going to be using guns, we should be able to properly use them.
>>
No. 951177 ID: 977456

>>951172 But what if there is something beyond s rank, like, not a rank increase, but a metmoorphosis into something greater. What if we trade in our nasty-old A+ int to get a d class psi? What could possibly be better to use against a damned city-state of eldritch horrors than psionics?
>>
No. 951179 ID: 015bf2

This is a very silly discussion. Why would Heretic allow us to choose between four different stats to upgrade if one of them were 'maxed out'? Maybe maxed out for a human, but this is literal eldritch blood bullshit, so who knows what it can do to a person's stats!

Besides, I've seen nothing out there that says our Int is 'capped out' or anything. For example, we know C gives us a 50/50 odds at doing things. Assuming an increment of 10 per increase in stat, we have:

C - 50
B - 60
A - 70
A+ - 80
??? - 90
???? - 100

Or maybe 75 is A+. I can see 80 being S, 85 being S+, 90 being SS, 95 being SS+ and 100 being You Cheesy Fucks Don't Know When to Quit Do YouSSS. Anyway, if this upgrade 'fails' to take because our brain was 'too big already', I'll honestly just laugh.
>>
No. 951183 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157578220544.png - (92.64KB , 1558x1098 , Smokey Flavour.png )
951183

>Intelligence
Jaclyn's head throbs in pain, like brain freeze and a hangover had a baby.
JACLYN: AAAGH! What the fuck!?
FINCH: Yeah...Forgot to warn ya the first dose is a bit intense.

JACLYN'S INTELLIGENCE ROSE TO S RANK! ATTRIBUTES ARE GRADED FROM F- to S RANK. JUST AS THEY CAN RISE, THEY CAN ALSO FALL.
THE SCALE IS [F-|F|E|D|C|B|A|A+|S]

FINCH: Well, besides the terrible headache how ya feelin'?
JACLYN: I...Don't know? Everything sort of seems the same.
FINCH: It tends to feel like that unless the change was extreme. Oh and next time you'll need more ichor, each time you get a dosage the next one has to be stronger. Next time it'll be 45 ounces.

Jaclyn takes a few breaths before continuing to smoke her cigarette.

JACLYN: ...Were can I rest when night comes?
FINCH: Hmmm...Well, there's a small settlement a ways away from here, you ought to make it if ya keep followin' the road. Problem is I don't think you'll make it before sun down, anything could happen from here to there that can stall you. If night falls the most I can offer you is one of these.

Finch takes a mushroom out of his pack and hands it to Jaclyn.
>>
No. 951184 ID: 8fb3ba
File 157578222679.png - (27.48KB , 620x584 , Strangle Cap.png )
951184

FINCH: This is Strangle Cap, it keeps away most of the more dangerous things at night. It ain't a perfect defense though. Now, before we part ways is there anything else you need to know? I'm a repository of knowledge.

>>951103
>whoops during prior combat we were making rolls as if it was C, when it was D
Jaclyn's military experience makes her better with guns. As long as she's using a firearm she'll make attacks as if they were a rank higher.
>>
No. 951185 ID: b1b4f3

>>951183
Well that's maxed now I guess. Hopefully we use it for something.
>>951184
>good with guns, thus C dex with them
Oh nice, I guess it's less of a priority then. Maybe next ichor dose should go to Will? Depends on what happens later I suppose.

>strangle cap
How is it used?
>questions
Does he know of any long term side effects of ichor use? Does anyone know where it comes from, despite not knowing what it is exactly?
A general map of the area, please. Even a simple layout is useful.
What are the major players around here? Are the cultists organized, for instance?
Does he know anyone who would know more details on what caused the collapse of the kingdom?
What's the currency around here, anyway? Do people trade with drops of ichor or something?

Current plan: head to settlement, recuperate and help out a little with manual labor or whatever, then make a brief trip back home to make sure some information gets out about what's happening here. There's no reason to do all our investigation at once, that's putting all your eggs in one basket.
>>
No. 951186 ID: 91ee5f

>>951183
>It tends to feel like that unless the change was extreme.
What exactly do you mean by “extreme”? Will I end up growing some horns or a tail or a third eye or something?

>>951184
>anything you wanna know?
How do you find Ichor? Is it commonly found in places like that cultist house?

Will we meet each other again or will I have to look for someone else next time I want a dose of Ichor?

>>951185
>list of things we want to know.
This.
>>
No. 951188 ID: 977456

You said there was a settlement, are there many? How does one avoid a fight? What are the standard practises by which one might persuade others towards assistance of oneself? What goods do they value?
>>
No. 951191 ID: 8d4593

>I'm just a good listener. Though not as good as you are.

C-can Finch hear us?
Hi Finch!
>>
No. 951246 ID: ce39da

I’m assuming INT will start mattering when we start having more non-violent encounters, such as in this nearby settlement. Right now, I think STR is the only stat that isn’t a priority, since we’re covered for INT, military training can only carry us so far with our abysmal DEX, and WLL seems like an important stat for maintaining mental health no matter who we are.

> What to ask.
This Strangle Cap seems like something I’d love to save for emergencies. How viable would you say hunkering down here is; maybe if we spent the rest of the day fortifying? Er, you need to find someplace before dark too, right? Or can you make much better pace on that bike? ... Is there a way I can ride with you?


Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason