[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]

Report completed threads!

[Catalog View] :: [Archive] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki] :: [Discord]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name (optional)
Email (optional, will be displayed)
Subject    (optional, usually best left blank)
Message
File []
Embed (advanced)   Help
Password  (for deleting posts, automatically generated)
  • How to format text
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, MP3, MP4, PNG, SWF, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 25600 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File 169977155186.png - (4.07KB , 800x600 , 0.png )
1077089 No. 1077089 ID: 15a025

A sequel to the Behind Bars series
https://questden.org/wiki/Behind_Closed_Bars
Expand all images
>>
No. 1077090 ID: 15a025
File 169977158322.png - (6.82KB , 800x600 , 1.png )
1077090

I rub my eyes and grab the phone. I don’t really want to get up, but it could be something important. What time is it anyway? I glance over at the date and time, shit. Has it really been two weeks since I got home? I open up my text messages and shield my eyes a bit from the bright screen.
>>
No. 1077091 ID: 15a025
File 169977160883.png - (2.35KB , 240x400 , 2.png )
1077091

Kaari: ”Lana are you awake?”

Kaari ”I know it’s been a bit, but my water got shut off.”

Kaari ”Can I drop by and use your shower?”

Without really thinking I just reply,
”Yeah sure, see you soon.”

I put the phone down and it buzzes again. Probably just her replying she’ll be over soon.
>>
No. 1077092 ID: 15a025
File 169977167270.png - (4.80KB , 800x600 , 3.png )
1077092

Wait a second, there’s trash all over the place! Oh man, I haven’t done any cleaning since I got home from the hospital! I can’t let her see me living like this!

Fuck, she’ll probably be here in like, half an hour. I still need to get dressed and everything too. I can’t clean up everything, but maybe I could focus on certain parts of the house? Or making it at least feel more inviting with flowers or something?

What should I do or focus on to make the house feel more inviting?
>>
No. 1077093 ID: b57fea

>>1077092
Don't stress too much! Kaari will understand. Just make sure the bathroom and the entryway are clear. You really shouldn't stress out too much for personal beauty here, she'll understand.
>>
No. 1077094 ID: e51896

>I put the phone down and it buzzes again. Probably just her replying she’ll be over soon.

are you sure? after that traumatic night, maybe you shouldn't be so sure. see what that notification is just in case.
>>
No. 1077095 ID: 3c2dff

Definitely check the notification first. Don’t stress over the mess.
>>
No. 1077096 ID: e51896

Regardless, you'll probably be alright in pajamas, so no need to be dressed. just focus on cleaning the place. Kaari will understand, it's morning after all.
>>
No. 1077097 ID: 7f90d5

Maybe start with the water heater and turning on lights around the house, atleast everywhere she might enter
How's your leg?
>>
No. 1077105 ID: a02b76

Make sure she has a clear path and clean towels and fresh air/light. If you have extra time after that, you can start tidying a bit more so you guys have a place to sit that isn't gross, but get the important stuff first.
>>
No. 1077136 ID: 15a025
File 169984012067.png - (5.43KB , 800x600 , 4.png )
1077136

>after that traumatic night, maybe you shouldn't be so sure. see what that notification is just in case.
I-shit, good point. What if there’s some creep parked outside or something and she needs me!

I grab the phone again and flip it open.

Kaari ”Forgot, can’t use taxi. Have to bike over. Might be a bit b4 I get there.”

Wonder what’s up with the taxis? I reply back,
I can pick you up in a bit?

Kaari: please dont.”

Weird? Why wouldn’t she want a ride?

Kaari: ”Sorry that sounded mean. have something to give u first.”

”Oh! A surprise? Well, okay. See you soon then. Text or call if you need help though.”

I put the phone in my pocket for now. Hopefully she’ll reach out if anything happens.

>How's your leg?
It still hurts a bit to move around, gotta walk around a little slowly still. Stitches can come out soon though, so that’ll be nice.

>You really shouldn't stress out too much for personal beauty here, she'll understand.
>you'll probably be alright in pajamas, so no need to be dressed.
I guess cleaning up the house should take priority anyway. If I have time later, then I’ll worry about getting dressed. Where to start though?
>>
No. 1077137 ID: 15a025
File 169984016381.png - (6.17KB , 800x600 , 5.png )
1077137

>make sure the bathroom and the entryway are clear.
>Make sure she has a clear path and clean towels and fresh air/light.
Right. She’s coming over to use the shower, so I better start there. I don’t think I’ve let the bathroom get too bad. I hope not anyway…

I enter the bathroom, and sigh with disappointment. Big ol pile of wet towels and rags on the floor. Empty bandage boxes and antibiotic cream packets laying around too.
Ugh, please tell me there’s at least dry towels in the cabinet...
>>
No. 1077138 ID: 15a025
File 169984017596.png - (4.02KB , 800x600 , 6.png )
1077138

Oh come on, really! I don’t think I have enough time to throw these in wash and then dry them. Now what am I going to do?
>>
No. 1077139 ID: e51896

Improvise. let her use your blanket to dry off.
>>
No. 1077140 ID: afbb81

They can be drying while she's in the shower right? And things dry faster if you put fewer things in the dryer. Depending on how long Kaari takes to get there (and how long she likes her showers) you should have time for a *small* load of laundry. Even if the towel ends up only mostly dry. You'd better start it quick though.
>>
No. 1077161 ID: 3c2dff

Wash the towels quickly in the bathtub with some detergent, give 'em a nice soak hand wash, then throw them in the dryer. Saves about 30 minutes and it'll still smell fresh.
>>
No. 1077162 ID: 8f9bc4

Soak all your towels in the alcohol that got all warm and nasty after yesterday's shift didn't put it away
>>
No. 1077168 ID: e51896

>>1077161
This is actually a good idea.

we don't have to wash ALL the towels, just hers, and if we think we have time, ours when we have to get clean.
>>
No. 1077192 ID: cd10d0

At least clean up your trash on the floor and get the towels put away.
>>
No. 1077219 ID: a0448d

Once you figure out your towel situation get a trash bag or bin, a broom and dust pan. Sweep everything you want to toss into one big pile so you don't have to pick up everything up one by one.
>>
No. 1077339 ID: 15a025
File 170005505226.png - (6.19KB , 800x600 , 7.png )
1077339

>Soak all your towels in the alcohol that got all warm and nasty after yesterday's shift didn't put it away
What? No, gross. Besides, I’m off from work till my stitches get removed.

>Wash the towels quickly in the bathtub with some detergent, give 'em a nice soak hand wash
>we don't have to wash ALL the towels, just hers
Hm, that’s not too bad of an idea. I turn on the bathwater and let the tub fill up while I grab some detergent.

> clean up your trash on the floor and get the towels put away.
> Once you figure out your towel situation get a trash bag or bin, a broom and dust pan. Sweep everything you want to toss into one big pile so you don't have to pick up everything up one by one.
I also grab a broom and dust pan. Can’t be leaving garbage on the floor to slip on.

When I get back, it’s time to turn off the water and get to mixing the detergent. Already smells nicer in here. Reminds me a bit of the vanilla perfume Kaari loves to wear for our dates.

I’ll just let the towel soak for bit while I sweep up this trash.
>>
No. 1077340 ID: 15a025
File 170005508842.png - (5.91KB , 800x600 , 8.png )
1077340

Once the floor is cleaned up, the towel should have soaked for long enough. I’m not really sure how long to keep ringing it out and re-soaking it for, but once it has a nice smell to it, I decide to toss it in the dryer. Throw in a couple scented dryer sheets and I’m sure Kaari will be melting like a chocolate bunny later.
>>
No. 1077341 ID: 15a025
File 170005511357.png - (5.71KB , 800x600 , 9.png )
1077341

Ugh, now for the entryway…

I shudder a bit looking at the mess of un-opened junk mail, newspaper, and requests from reporters wanting to interview me. Part of me keeps saying it might be good to go through these, but at the same time I’m trying my best to forget about that night. Bad enough some investigators keep playing twenty questions with me. Told them pretty much everything that happened.

Huh, you know. I haven’t really heard from Kaari much since I got home though.
>>
No. 1077342 ID: 15a025
File 170005513813.png - (16.34KB , 800x800 , 10.png )
1077342

Kaari "Are you sure you okay Lana? You seem-you seem really tense."

I can pick you up in a bit?

Kaari: “please dont.”
>>
No. 1077343 ID: 15a025
File 170005514841.png - (4.38KB , 800x600 , 11.png )
1077343

Oh no. She isn’t scared of me after I dug into her paw by accident, is she? Fuck, what if she sees my house is in a mess and it just spooks her out even more.
>>
No. 1077345 ID: e51896

If she was scared of you, she wouldn't be coming over to use your shower. You did save hers and everyone else's lives after all.

Plus, she said she's bringing over a gift. She is still your friend. She probably just didnt want to spoil the surprise early.

But I suggest talking to her about your feelings after everything that happened, like your anxieties.

Trash those junkmails.
>>
No. 1077348 ID: 200443

You are just having a bad time right now, it's completely understandable to be unsteady after what happened. Don't let your thoughts run away with you, just take some deep breaths and relax, worrying won't help anyone. You also saved her from horrible people and risked your life doing so. Give her the ability to make a few brusque statements without taking it to heart.


Also don't use scented dryer sheets anymore they're kind of a scam, it's fine for now but in the future. They just coat stuff with chaff.
>>
No. 1077379 ID: d4a57e

There is little reason to think Kaari would be afraid of you after all you have done to save lives. You have a right to your feelings and worries, but it's important to remember that Kaari wouldn't go out of her way to bring you a gift if she didn't appreciate you. When the time feels right you should open up about your concerns to her. You both will feel better if you're honest with your feelings.

Quickly flip through the mail to see if there are any letters of interest. Otherwise, toss the rest.

Also, if you think it would calm your nerves at all, make drinks for yourself and Kaari to enjoy once she arrives. If you have the time of course!
>>
No. 1077380 ID: 3c2dff

>>1077379

Honesty is the best policy here. The good news is that Kaari is more likely than not hiding something from you, not upset with you.
>>
No. 1077445 ID: 15a025
File 170018220136.png - (5.80KB , 800x600 , 12.png )
1077445

>If she was scared of you, she wouldn't be coming over to use your shower. You did save hers and everyone else's lives after all.
>Don't let your thoughts run away with you, just take some deep breaths and relax, worrying won't help anyone.
>There is little reason to think Kaari would be afraid of you after all you have done to save lives.
I take a few deep breaths. I guess if she was scared, she wouldn’t be coming over in the first place. What if I’m her only option though, is she just stuck to face her fears with me?

>she said she's bringing over a gift. She is still your friend. She probably just didn’t want to spoil the surprise early.
>You also saved her from horrible people and risked your life doing so. Give her the ability to make a few brusque statements without taking it to heart.
I-yeah. Worrying isn’t going to help make things better. I should just do what I can and try to make things more comfortable and inviting for her.

>Trash those junkmails.
>Quickly flip through the mail to see if there are any letters of interest. Otherwise, toss the rest.
Like tossing away all this junk mail. night. I take a quick peek through them, but it’s all just interview requests. I don’t really need to talk to anyone other than Kaari about that night.

> if you think it would calm your nerves at all, make drinks for yourself and Kaari to enjoy once she arrives. If you have the time of course!
Ooh! Some hot tea would be a nice way to start the morning. I’ll wait till she-

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*
>>
No. 1077446 ID: 15a025
File 170018225014.png - (4.44KB , 800x600 , 13.png )
1077446

Oh shit what time is it! She’s here already!?

Kaari: “Look down at the floor, there’s something for you to put on before you open the door!”

I rush back over to the entryway and look down, it’s a collar. It’s a little plain looking- wait.

Lana: “Kaari why are you giving me a flea collar?”

Kaari: “So you don’t end up with them too! Please hurry up and put it on Lana!”

She sounds really panicked, I don’t know what to really say, so I quickly fasten it around my neck and open the door.
>>
No. 1077447 ID: 15a025
File 170018227527.png - (4.86KB , 800x600 , 14.png )
1077447

Lana: “Kaari what happened!”

Kaari: “Just, please help. Nothing’s working and my water’s been shut off and I- I don’t know what else to do Lana!”

She sounds like she’s almost on the verge of tears.
>>
No. 1077449 ID: 8f9bc4

Shit. Her water got shut off. Got shut off. It wasn't just a water main getting blown. She can't play her bills. Does she even still have a job?
>>
No. 1077452 ID: de5cb4

Collar up and give her a hug.
Do you have any shower products that would help with fleas?
>>
No. 1077462 ID: 0557e3

Dont ask her questions of her condition. Just lead her to the shower and tell her to take all the time ahe needs.

In fact, instead of a shower, recommend she takes a bath. Tell her It's much more relaxing than a shower, and can make her feel much better. Plus itll give you time to prepare drinks and breakfast

...and clean up a bit more (but dont tell her that part)
>>
No. 1077464 ID: b57fea

>>1077445
A hug, quick kiss on the cheek, and immediate guidance to the shower are in order
>>
No. 1077465 ID: 8f9bc4

>>1077462

Fully immerse her in hot water. Use liberal amounts of soap, and go over her entire body with the finest comb you have, anywhere those buggers could be hiding eggs on her. Behind the ears, under the arms oh uh... yeah this could get awkward. But still. Flea bath!

Also don't worry too much about yourself. Rodent fleas are totally different than cat fleas it turns out, and they can still bite you, but can't fertilize their eggs with your blood. Genetic diversity, ftw!
>>
No. 1077471 ID: f2cf5a

>>1077464
The idea is nice, but not unless you want those fleas and whatnot, too.
>>
No. 1077472 ID: e51896

hugs can wait until AFTER the bath and most the fleas are dealt with. collar won't deal with ALL the fleas.
>>
No. 1077505 ID: d4a57e

Lead Kaari to the shower asap. It's unlikely you have any flea treatment around, but if you have vinegar let Kaari use it on her fur before shampooing. It's not perfect but it can work in a pinch.
After she is in the shower move everything that has fabric away from where you and Kaari will be sitting. It might even be preferable that y'all sit outside after she is done. I know it's not very nice, but fleas are a serious issue and can stay in homes for months. You'll likely have to treat your home after she leaves just so you don't get them all over the house. Getting a flea infestation while recovering could lead to some bad complications.

If you do decide to sit outside with her a warm drink will definitely help her feel better and lighten the mood a bit too. If you have an old blanket you don't mind tossing let her use it to keep warm.
>>
No. 1077597 ID: 15a025
File 170035633650.png - (4.94KB , 800x600 , 15.png )
1077597

>Dont ask her questions of her condition. Just lead her to the shower and tell her to take all the time she needs.
>Lead Kaari to the shower asap.
I take her into the bathroom and briefly go over where everything’s at.

>Do you have any shower products that would help with fleas?
Lana: ”Shoot… I’m going to have to go get some better soap and shampoo for this. I don’t have anything for fleas.”

Kaari: “D-don’t worry! I brought some flea shampoo with me in my purse. I- Lana I really hate asking more, but-“
She pauses for a moment and gets lost in scratching away at her ears.

Lana: “Kaari, I’m here for you. If you need anything, please just ask.”

Kaari: “I can’t do this by myself Lana. Just the thought of getting my face and head soaking wet is making me nervous. I freak out and feel like I’m going to drown.”
>>
No. 1077598 ID: 15a025
File 170035636353.png - (29.48KB , 800x600 , 16.png )
1077598

I shudder a little bit, remembering what she had to go through that night.

???: "Where is she!"

I hear her re-emerge and start coughing again.

Kaari: "I-I don't. I don't know! She-she got. She got pretty durnk-"

???: "Where is she damn it!"

Kaari: "Sh-she went to-to the ca-ca-car!"

???: "Their car ain't here!"

There’s another loud splash, and I can hear Kaari panicking for air.

>>
No. 1077599 ID: 15a025
File 170035640141.gif - (28.73KB , 800x600 , 17.gif )
1077599

Kaari: “Lana, I can’t do this. I can’t go through it again.”
She starts pulling on her ears.
Kaari: “Ugh these-these fucking fleas!”

I can't really her force her in the tub, that'd just make things worse. There's gotta be something I can do to make her feel more at ease though?
>>
No. 1077600 ID: e51896

hmmm... shower/bathe with her? she said she can't do this alone, maybe being with her will help her become more comfortable in the water.
>>
No. 1077603 ID: de5cb4

You could try sharing a shower with you in between her and the water. Be her shield.
Alternatively, a sponge bath, but that might not work with the flea shampoo.
>>
No. 1077605 ID: eb0a9c

Do you have a spare snorkel?
>>
No. 1077607 ID: 2c474b

There's no need to rush just sit and chill in the bathroom for a bit. When shes calmed down, run some water in the sink or bath to help acclimatizer her.

Have you done anything as intimate as showering together before ? If no it might only make her anxitey worse, maybe just stay in the bathroom while shes in the shower.

Also has she talked to a Doctor or anyone about what happened that night?
>>
No. 1077609 ID: 8f9bc4

So... don't... get her face wet? I mean that's one nice thing about baths. Dunno what to do about any flea eggs on her face though.

Maybe get her relaxing in the bath with you, with a dry face, and then kind of all nonchalantly say you're impressed she's more scared of getting wet than having flea eggs all over her face, see if she dunks herself?
>>
No. 1077635 ID: 273c18

>>1077599
Sponge bath.
>>
No. 1077636 ID: 3c2dff

>>1077603
Yes. This.
>>
No. 1077637 ID: b57fea

drawing a bath seems like the best play, you can sponge her head if you have a bath sponge, if not you can be right there with her to give support for the head clean if need be.
>>
No. 1077690 ID: d4a57e

The bath can wait a few minutes, she needs to calm down a bit. Hopefully she has enough shampoo to share as a hug could help a lot.

Try walking through her emotions. Start by asking what she is feeling right now, even if she just gives you a stream of consciousness as an answer letting her get it out might ease some of her nerves. As she gets more comfortable start filling the tub and mixing a bit of the shampoo in to start. If you have anything you could add that smells nice that could be a good idea too.
And if Kaari is comfortable with it help her wash the fleas out, making sure to clean her face and ears well. There's a lot of places where they could be hiding out.
>>
No. 1077722 ID: 15a025
File 170053424854.png - (6.03KB , 800x600 , 18.png )
1077722

>There's no need to rush just sit and chill in the bathroom for a bit. When shes calmed down, run some water in the sink or bath to help acclimatizer her.
>The bath can wait a few minutes, she needs to calm down a bit.
Lana: “You don’t have to rush in and do this right away Kaari. You wanna sit down and talk for a bit first?”

Kaari: “Y-yeah. That’d be nice.”

We both take a seat on the side of the tub, and I remember to drain out the towel water from earlier.

>Have you done anything as intimate as showering together before ? If no it might only make her anxitey worse, maybe just stay in the bathroom while shes in the shower.
Hugs and kisses are about as intimate as we’ve been with each other. Maybe the occasional floppy ear massage now and then. I’d feel pretty weird myself getting in the shower with her, but if it helps I’m willing to ask.
Lana: “Would you feel more comfortable if I was with you in the bath or shower?”

Kaari: “Ehh…that might be a little too much for me Lana.”

She sits scratching at herself for a moment,
Kaari: “I like this though. Just, you sitting close by me.”

Lana: “I can do that too. Whatever it takes to help, I’m here for you Kaari.”
I look back towards the bath faucet.
Lana: “How about we take little steps first. I’ll get some hot water running, and you can just dip your feet in for now?”

She nods her head in agreement.
>>
No. 1077723 ID: 15a025
File 170053428787.png - (5.05KB , 800x600 , 19.png )
1077723

I get some hot water running and then stop it once it’s about foot level. She gets up and turns around, and slowly dips her foot in and out.
Lana: “It’s not too cold, is it?”

Kaari: “No, the water’s warm enough, just. Still a big step.”

>Try walking through her emotions. Start by asking what she is feeling right now, even if she just gives you a stream of consciousness as an answer letting her get it out might ease some of her nerves.
Lana: “Are you okay?”

She takes a deep breath before replying,
Kaari: “I’m still scared.”

Lana: “Wanna sit back down? You can tell me what’s on your mind.”

Kaari: “I-I’m scared. The moment I get in, it feels like I could get pulled in or held under again. Just looking at the water takes be back to what happened. It’s like, it’s like I can feel him trying to push me back in.”

>_
>>
No. 1077727 ID: b57fea

>>1077723
I'm right here for you. How about you sit down in the tub, I'll face the other way if it makes you feel more comfortable, and I'll hold your hand and pull you out if anything feels wrong. We'll take it slow, together.

I promise, you won't slip, nobody will push you, and I'll be right here. Maybe give her a little kiss on the head (then after this maybe take a bath yourself to disinfect for fleas)
>>
No. 1077742 ID: 273c18

>>1077723
That's okay. It's okay to remember. Just keep aware that you are safe, here. Every time something reminds you, let the memory pass through you until you can focus on the present again. It will get easier with time.
>>
No. 1077749 ID: 3c2dff

>>1077727
>>1077742
Both of these.
>>
No. 1077755 ID: e4a3dc

Hum a nice little song, make some physical contact "head rub, hand touch, whatever she'll let you get away with". Make sure she knows it's you and not that fucker you got good that night.
>>
No. 1077758 ID: 45e5b8

Tell her you'll sit on the edge of the bath and let her hold onto your hand for as long as she wants and squeeze it if she wants to. Even if it's irrational, if anything bad were to happen, you'll pull her out and make sure she's safe.
>>
No. 1077760 ID: de5cb4

>>1077758
Agreed, physical contact so no matter what her subconscious throws at her she can feel that she is safe and supported.
>>
No. 1077887 ID: 15a025
File 170079609176.png - (6.12KB , 800x600 , 20.png )
1077887

>It's okay to remember. Just keep aware that you are safe, here. Every time something reminds you, let the memory pass through you until you can focus on the present again. It will get easier with time.
Lana: “It’s okay to remember Kaari. Just stay aware, you’re safe here. I’m not going to let anything bad happen.”

She starts taking some more deep breaths, and I offer her my paw.

>I'm right here for you. How about you sit down in the tub, I'll face the other way if it makes you feel more comfortable, and I'll hold your hand and pull you out if anything feels wrong. We'll take it slow, together.
>Agreed, physical contact so no matter what her subconscious throws at her she can feel that she is safe and supported.
Lana: “I’m right here for you Kaari. You can hold my paw, and if you don’t feel safe give it a tug. I’ll pull you back to dry land.”

She tenses up for a moment, and lets out another breath.
Kaari: “Promise?”

Lana: “Of course. I’ll even face the other way. I promise not to look.”

She grabs my paw.

Kaari: “Thanks for putting up with me Lana.”

She pauses for a moment, before looking back at the tub.
Kaari: “Mind looking away for a moment while I get in?”

I nod my head and she lets go of my paw. I turn around and face the faucet, and start running some more hot water.
>>
No. 1077888 ID: 15a025
File 170079612607.png - (6.27KB , 800x600 , 21.png )
1077888

Soon she’s holding my paw again.
Kaari: “I can just tug on your arm and you’ll help me out?”

Lana: “I’ve got you Kaari. Just say the word or tug on my arm and I’ll keep you safe.”

I hear her get back in the tub, and I sit down on the side looking away from her.
Lana: “Feeling okay?”

Kaari: “Mmmhm.”

Lana: “Do you want me to close the shower curtain a bit for some more privacy?”

Kaari: “I-it’s fine. I trust you Lana. Can you keep talking though?”

Lana: “Sure. What do you want me to talk about?”

Kaari: ”Anything anything nice or interesting?”
>_
>>
No. 1077889 ID: 8f9bc4

Talk about this cool trick you figured out for cleaning towels well enough that guests won't notice—wait shit

Talk about this one crazy band at your venue where it turned out they had the mafia after them—no, no not that.

Talk about what a mess your apartment was in because you—no, not that either!

Talk about that one time you accidentally gripped her hand too hard and your claws drew blood—fuuuuck
>>
No. 1077891 ID: de5cb4

Talk about the last book you read. The more escapist fantasy the better.
>>
No. 1077892 ID: f2cf5a

>>1077888
Mention how you've been trying to learn to cook shrimp scampi. It's not going the best, sure, but it makes you feel a bit more classy.
>>
No. 1077895 ID: b57fea

Its silly... but you've been collecting old stuffed animals lately. Stuff from your childhood cartoons. Something about it is both nostalgic and comfortable.
>>
No. 1077904 ID: 9dd4bd

Talk about something extremely nerdy that you're a little embarrassed that you're into. Like video game themed rock opera bands or painting d&d miniatures or something.
>>
No. 1077905 ID: e51896

Talk about a movie you saw a trailer for that you're interested in seeing, like theres this interesting movie coming out about a fire fighting deer that looks fun.
>>
No. 1078080 ID: 15a025
File 170105183726.png - (5.01KB , 800x600 , 22.png )
1078080

>there’s this interesting movie coming out about a fire fighting deer that looks fun.
Lana: “You know, I did see a trailer for a pretty interesting movie last night.”

Kaari: “Oh, what’s it about? Maybe we could go see it sometime.”

Lana: “Forgot the name of it, but it was about a firefighting deer trying to save a secretary from an office building. Probably some other stuff, but it was pretty late at night.”

>you've been collecting old stuffed animals lately. Stuff from your childhood cartoons. Something about it is both nostalgic and comfortable.
Lana: ”Hm, what else… a little silly, but I did go digging around for my old plushies. First few nights back home were a little rough. A little embarrassing, but I just needed something soft and nostalgic to help keep my mind off things at night.”

Kaari: “Aaw! Why didn’t you call me? I would have came over to be with you.”
>>
No. 1078081 ID: 15a025
File 170105186222.png - (4.83KB , 800x600 , 23.png )
1078081

>I suggest talking to her about your feelings after everything that happened, like your anxieties.
Lana: “It’s just- I’ve…”

She looks at me with so much attention and concern. How do I even talk to her about this? Is this even the time to talk about it? I should be helping her, not venting my anxieties out. But what do I tell her? Do I just tell her I don’t want to be around others, that I’m scared of being around her and hurting her?

Kaari: “L-Lana-“

I was doing fine earlier when she got here, but now I’m back to thinking about that night! I fucked up and everyone almost got killed because of it!

I don’t even know where or how to even begin…
>>
No. 1078083 ID: f2cf5a

>>1078081
"I love you so much sometimes I just get scared I'm fucking things up."
>>
No. 1078084 ID: 3c2dff

Let's be open about what's living in our heads. Odds are that Kaari's more focused on her own concerns than what we're dealing with, so let's be up front with the fact that we're still processing the trauma.
>>
No. 1078091 ID: 7d3bc1

Follow your own advice. Take it slow, breathe easy, and just try to be honest with how you're feeling. And, honestly, just her knowing that she's not the only one affected by this, the only one having a rough time, is probably beneficial to her. A lot of trouble with trauma is feeling bad about yourself for having it. Knowing someone you care about is going through the same thing can help contextualize what you're dealing with.

Plus it might help her think less about the water if you talk about how much accidentally scratching her paw made you scared.
>>
No. 1078134 ID: cd10d0

If you're not sure what to say, just tell her you've been too worn out to hang out. Shell understand
>>
No. 1078240 ID: 15a025
File 170122647024.png - (5.10KB , 800x600 , 24.png )
1078240

>Follow your own advice. Take it slow, breathe easy, and just try to be honest with how you're feeling.
I stop and take a deep breath, and slowly exhale. Just take it nice…
and slow.

>Odds are that Kaari's more focused on her own concerns than what we're dealing with, so let's be up front with the fact that we're still processing the trauma.
Lana: “I’ve been having a hard time dealing with what happened that night. Its left a lot on my mind and I just-- I feel guilty about things that weren’t even my fault or out of my control.”

>"I love you so much sometimes I just get scared I'm fucking things up."
Lana: “I love you so much Kaari, but I’m really scared of messing things up. I don’t want to end up hurting you again.”

Kaari: “Lana, what are you talking about? Y-you never hurt me.”

Lana: “When you were helping me up out of the hole. I didn’t mean to act like a jerk and end up digging into your arms like that.”

Kaari: “Lana?”

Lana: “Yeah?”

Kaari: “Don’t worry about that. I-accidents happen.”
>>
No. 1078241 ID: 15a025
File 170122650639.png - (4.92KB , 800x600 , 25.png )
1078241

She starts digging at her face and head again.

Kaari: “UGH! Stupid buggers!”

She almost dunks her head in the water but stops.

Kaari: ”I can’t do it. Lana, there’s got to be a better way I can do this!”

I don’t know what to really do either? I can’t just dunk her head in the water, that’s just gonna freak her out more! I can’t let her sit and suffer with these fleas either.
>>
No. 1078242 ID: dd3fe0

Can you lather her face with an appropriate anti flea soap? Spray her face with the showerhead? Tease them out with a fine toothed comb? Trim the fur? Some mix of these?
>>
No. 1078246 ID: 3c2dff

Brushie brushie
>>
No. 1078248 ID: b57fea

Okay hear me out, I'll put my hand on the back of your head and lower you into the water. I'll quite literally be right behind you the whole time. We'll go inch by inch until we can lather you up.
>>
No. 1078249 ID: 273c18

>>1078241
Brush out the fleas.

If that isn't enough, potentially rinsing very very slowly could work, after applying soap directly?
>>
No. 1078251 ID: f2cf5a

>>1078241
Yeah, think we're gonna have to do this by hand. Hand wash her hair; hop in and lather her up and everything. No, I'm not being lewd, this is trauma healing time right now.
>>
No. 1078252 ID: de5cb4

>>1078248
Yes, supporting her in the most literal sense.
>>
No. 1078269 ID: 6a3b70

Get a cup or a small container from somewhere in there (if she's ok with you running to get it) and let her/help her use it to pour the water over her head instead. She won't have to dunk her head that way, but she can still get clean.

Alternatively, turn on the shower and let it wash over her head.
>>
No. 1078534 ID: 15a025
File 170158326360.png - (6.25KB , 800x600 , 26.png )
1078534

>Get a cup or a small container from somewhere in there (if she's ok with you running to get it) and let her/help her use it to pour the water over her head instead. She won't have to dunk her head that way, but she can still get clean.
Shit, that’s a good idea.
Lana: “How about I get a cup and I can carefully pour some water on ya? I’ll be nice and gentle.”

Kaari: “Eh-ah…yeah, we can try that. Just…knock before coming back in.”
>>
No. 1078535 ID: 15a025
File 170158328306.png - (5.58KB , 800x600 , 27.png )
1078535

I make a quick trip into the kitchen and-ugh. Please tell me I have clean cups. Please tell me I – YES!

The last cup in the cupboard!

Eugh, yet another thing to clean up later.
>>
No. 1078536 ID: 15a025
File 170158331244.png - (6.18KB , 800x600 , 28.png )
1078536

I knock on the door and Kaari gives me the okay to come back in.

>Can you lather her face with an appropriate anti flea soap? Spray her face with the showerhead? Tease them out with a fine toothed comb? Trim the fur? Some mix of these?
>Brushie brushie
No combs, my fur is way too thick for them. I’ve got brushes to spare though. I fill up the cup and squeeze the flea shampoo in it.

Lana: “Alright Kaari, I’m going to pour this on you nice and slowly. Do you want me to count down from three?”
Kaari: ”Yeah…”[/smalll]

Lana: “Alright. Three…two…one…”

She tenses up and starts breathing heavily, but not much fussing about.

Lana: “That’s it for the first cup. You doing alright?”

Kaari: [small]”Yeah…”


Lana: “Alright, I’ll try not to get shampoo in your eyes, but try to squint or close them just in case.”
Next up I get to lathering her head and face with shampoo…
>>
No. 1078537 ID: 15a025
File 170158334466.png - (6.34KB , 800x600 , 29.png )
1078537

Finally after a very thorough rinse and lather session, I think she’s as clean she’s gonna be for now.

I excuse myself for a moment, and take the towel out of the dryer for her.

Kaari: “Thanks again for help Lana. I feel a little a bit better after all of that.”

Lana: “Anything to help out, Kaari.”

Kaari: “Mind giving me a moment to dry off and get dressed?”

Lana: “I think you might wanna borrow some clothes instead. There might be fleas laying around-“

Kaari: “Augh gross! Why’d you have to say that. Good thinking though.”

So…laundry’s up on the chore list. I’ll have to find some clean clothes she can borrow as well.

Shit, what am I going to do? She’s like, three sizes smaller than I am.
>>
No. 1078538 ID: b57fea

>>1078537
Sister, nothing is cuter and better for bonding than your girlfriend wearing your way too big baggy clothes.

Step 1)Get that girl a Tee, some baggy pj pants, and a hoodie.

Step 2)CUDDLE

Step 3)THAT

Step 4)BUNNY!
>>
No. 1078543 ID: eb0a9c

This is where you ask if she wants sex, and if she doesn't, just layer multiple sets of clothes until they fill out the required size stuffing.
>>
No. 1078552 ID: e51896

baggy clothes can be comfy and warm. give her some of your pajamas, or a bath robe to borrow for now and take her clothings (and some of your own) over to the laundry.
>>
No. 1078570 ID: 2665d6

BAGGY CLOTHES BAGGY CLOTHES BAGGY CLOTHES

She will look SO CUTE
>>
No. 1078583 ID: 37506d

If your clothes are way too big even for being baggy you can take one side and tie it into a knot closer to her size. Pj pants with drawstrings should be fine too.
You should get a bag to put her old clothes in so any fleas on them don't get out more than they already have. Maybe even soak them in some of the flea shampoo for a bit first just to start killing off whatever is left.
>>
No. 1078587 ID: 1bb0f1

Solution: tie knots, knots and more knots.
>>
No. 1078598 ID: de5cb4

Small bun, Big shirt, so cute

But practically, a bathrobe while the laundry runs.
>>
No. 1078646 ID: 15a025
File 170173761323.gif - (61.60KB , 800x600 , 30.gif )
1078646

>You should get a bag to put her old clothes in so any fleas on them don't get out more than they already have. Maybe even soak them in some of the flea shampoo for a bit first just to start killing off whatever is left.

I go over and start filling up the tub again.

Kaari: “Oh, taking a bath too?”

Lana: “No, though I probably should sooner than later. I’m gonna dip your clothes in some flea shampoo as well if that’s okay?”

Kaari: “Oh, good thinking! By the way, do you have a dryer gun I can use?”

Lana: “Top cabinet, right side. Let me know if you can’t reach it.”

I get back to soaking the clothes, and I can hear Kaari's found the dryer.

After her clothes look soaked enough, I bag them up and get them ready for the wash.
>>
No. 1078647 ID: 15a025
File 170173763708.png - (6.33KB , 800x600 , 31.png )
1078647

Lana: “I’m gonna toss these in the wash for ya Kaari. Then I’ll be back with some clean clothes.”

>nothing is cuter and better for bonding than your girlfriend wearing your way too big baggy clothes.
>baggy clothes can be comfy and warm. give her some of your pajamas, or a bath robe to borrow.

Well, no bath robes sadly. Kinda wish I had one now though. I get the clothes in the wash and head back into my room. I try my best to just ignore the mess and grab the first pair of clothes I can grab.
>>
No. 1078648 ID: 15a025
File 170173766271.png - (5.14KB , 800x600 , 32.png )
1078648

I bring them back to Kaari and she gets dressed.

Kaari: “I dunno, I don’t look too goofy in this do I?”

Lana: “You look fine. It’s just for a little bit anyway right?”

Kaari: “True…”

We both end up just staring at each other awkwardly. I feel like we should talk or catch up, or something. I don’t know what to say or do.
>>
No. 1078649 ID: eb0a9c

Just hug her to sleep.
>>
No. 1078650 ID: de5cb4

How about something to occupy your mind while you two work through your feelings. Do you have any classic card or board games?
>>
No. 1078657 ID: b57fea

>>1078647
You play any insturments? maybe relax in the living room and play a simple tune to decompress. Offer to let her stay the night. You can share a bed or take the couch, whichever she is more comfortable with.
>>
No. 1078679 ID: 1dc902

"Sooooo... want breakfast?"
>>
No. 1078805 ID: cd10d0

Ask if she wants to talk about how she ended up getting fleas?
>>
No. 1078841 ID: 9c13d6

Ask her if she wants some breakfast, considering YOU at least didn't have any. It'll be something to do while the clothing washes. Though definitely tell her she looks cute in that because she DOES.
>>
No. 1079158 ID: 15a025
File 170235040346.png - (5.17KB , 800x600 , 33.png )
1079158

>definitely tell her she looks cute in that because she DOES.
Lana: “You do look pretty cute in those you know.”

She gives me a little smile, but the silence continues.

>"Sooooo... want breakfast?"
>Ask her if she wants some breakfast, considering YOU at least didn't have any.
Lana: “Soo….how about some breakf-“

Kaari: “Yes!”
She puts her paw over her mouth and looks a little embarrassed…
Kaari: ”Yes, please.”

Lana: “Why don’t you have a seat at the table while I look for something to eat.”
>>
No. 1079159 ID: 15a025
File 170235041672.png - (5.61KB , 800x600 , 34.png )
1079159

I look at the ever growing mountain of dishes and try to ignore it for now. Thinking it’s a microwave pancakes kind of day. I grab some paper plates and into the microwave they go.
>>
No. 1079161 ID: 15a025
File 170235046943.png - (5.75KB , 800x600 , 35.png )
1079161

Once they’re done. I grab some butter, syrup, and some bottles of orange juice. I bring them over and join Kaari at the table.

Lana: “Sorry it’s nothing too special, dishes are piling up a bit and haven’t had the energy to get to them yet.”

Kaari: “What’s not special about a free breakfast from my girlfriend?”

Well, that takes a little weight off my shoulders. I sit down and join her.

Lana: “Hey, anything for you.”
>>
No. 1079162 ID: 15a025
File 170235052563.png - (4.33KB , 800x600 , 36.png )
1079162

I start picking away at my pancakes a bit, when I notice Kaari sniffling and tearing up a bit.
Lana: “You doing okay?”

Kaari: ”N-no.”

I swivel around and face her.

Lana: “You wanna talk about it?”

Kaari: ”I-I don’t know what to do…”
Her eyes are tearing up more.
Kaari: “Virgil’s gone and the new security person sucks, I’m not getting tips, I can’t pay utilities, I got fleas, there’s no food left at home, and- and-“
Kaari: “I- I can’t bring myself to keep going into that bar!”

I-man. I have no idea what to say or do, this is a lot all at once! Uh...should I ask or talk about something in specific? Should I go in for a hug and try to calm her down??
>>
No. 1079163 ID: eb0a9c

You need to find her another job. A sucky one, certainly, but right now, her current 'career' is a dead-end that wants to take its paychecks from her.
>>
No. 1079166 ID: b256e4

Maybe she could stay with you for a bit until she gets back on her feet?
>>
No. 1079181 ID: 8f9bc4

The new security person? Wait, what are you doing for a job these days? They found another bouncer to replace you?
>>
No. 1079183 ID: 273c18

To save money she can use your place for whatever utilities she needs, until she gets a better job. Or she could sell her house and move in with someone else to share costs, but that's a more extreme solution.
>>
No. 1079185 ID: a8590d

whoa, that is a lot. but take it one step at a time. If the real limiting factor is she can't bring herself to return to that bar then, yeah. Regardless of everything else, she needs to find a new job. I'd say go try to apply with Luanne but honestly you wouldn't want to place her in more danger. Anyway, she clearly just needs some help. It shouldn't be hard just, like, letting her use your shower and stuff, so hopefully with that the flea problem should be lessened while a better solution gets sorted out. Is there any, like, social support systems you can see about contacting for people that've recently been through extreme trauma? That might help with the food and utility bills, or something. I think probably the biggest key point is new job, she shouldn't have to keep going back to that friggin' bar.
>>
No. 1079323 ID: 15a025
File 170260649511.png - (5.71KB , 800x600 , 37.png )
1079323

>The new security person? Wait, what are you doing for a job these days? They found another bouncer to replace you?
Still a bouncer at the bar, but I’m on medical leave till my leg fully heals. Virgil was backup security, but I wonder what happened to that? Questions for later though.

>she could stay with you for a bit until she gets back on her feet?
>Offer to let her stay the night. You can share a bed or take the couch, whichever she is more comfortable with.
I gently pat my paw on her shoulder.
Lana: “We’ll get you through this Kaari. No way am I going to let you starve or end up homeless.”

Kaari: “H-h-how?”

Lana: “Well, you can stay here with me. Or, at least come over and use the bath if you want.”

Kaari: “B-but what about the fleas?”

Lana: “It’ll take some extra cleaning up, but at least I got the flea collar and you the flea shampoo.”

Lana: “Besides, they’ll go away eventually. I’ll bounce those buggers myself if I have to.”

>Regardless of everything else, she needs to find a new job.
>You need to find her another job.
>I think probably the biggest key point is new job, she shouldn't have to keep going back to that friggin' bar.
I can’t blame her at all for never wanting to step inside again after that night. It’s job hunt time for sure.

>I'd say go try to apply with Luanne but honestly you wouldn't want to place her in more danger.
Well, that and the fact Luanne’s a mechanic. Not sure they’d take in someone with no experience. Well, no.. maybe they’ve got something more front facing like a receptionist? Depends on what we can find I guess.

Lana: “I could help you find another job too?”

Kaari: “No one’s gonna interview me like this Lana! I-I’m a filthy flea bag.”

Lana: “Okay, after we take of the flea problem.”

Kaari: "O..oh. Right."

She nods and goes back to picking away at her pancakes.

Wait, shoot! If she’s going to be staying here, I’ve got a lot of house work to catch up on now. I could start that after breakfast, but I don’t want to push Kaari aside so I can clean up. Maybe there’s a way I can multi-task here?
>>
No. 1079324 ID: c3e2fd

Im sure Kaari can help you clean the place if you ask her politely. Thats what friends be for.
>>
No. 1079333 ID: 76615e

Cleaning together would be a nice, easily achievable goal to counter-balance all the loss you've both had to deal with.
>>
No. 1079587 ID: d639de

Ask if she'd be willing to help you clean up around here. You uh... it's, been a bit of a mess recently, and you could really use the assist in making it a bit more livable for the both of you for the time being. Plus it'll probably help if she feels useful. Make this place look nice!
>>
No. 1079588 ID: 15a025
File 170312917386.png - (4.31KB , 800x600 , 38.png )
1079588

>Im sure Kaari can help you clean the place if you ask her politely. Thats what friends be for.
>Cleaning together would be a nice, easily achievable goal to counter-balance all the loss you've both had to deal with.
I guess it wouldn’t hurt to ask?

Lana: “Hey Kaari…after breakfast here. Do you mind if I ask for some help?”

Her ears perk up for a second and she swivels over to face me.

Kaari: “Sure. What’s up?”

Lana: “I’ve been really falling behind on house keeping here.”
I let out a sigh.
>You uh... it's, been a bit of a mess recently, and you could really use the assist in making it a bit more livable for the both of you for the time being.
Lana: “It’s getting to be a mess everywhere, and I could use help making things more comfortable again.”

Kaari: “I can help with some chores. It might help keep my mind off things too.”

I give her a soft smile,
Lana: “Thanks Kaari.”
>>
No. 1079589 ID: 15a025
File 170312924588.png - (5.99KB , 800x600 , 39.png )
1079589

I finish up with breakfast and turn on the sink to-

"GRGRGRGRGKTHTKHTKHTKTH!!!!"

I jump back and start panicking. Kaari quickly hops over and fumbles with things a bit.

Kaari: “It’s off! It’s off now.”

Lana: “That was- that was the same noise.”

Kaari: “Same noise as what?”

I try to catch my breath for a moment and calm down.

Kaari’s looking at me with concern, and I’m not sure what to say.
>>
No. 1079600 ID: fb32ab

It’s okay, you’re in a safe space.
>>
No. 1079602 ID: 8f9bc4

Kill the sink monster!
>>
No. 1079605 ID: 029ad8

Ask if it sounded like a garbage disposal to her, or if you were hearing things. Take a moment to calm yourself.

If I was Kaari, I'd help Lana through this like she helped her in the bath by slowly turning the faucet on again, but not having it go full force, just a have it dispense water lightly.
>>
No. 1079609 ID: 273c18

Tell her it sounded like the fucked up plumbing at the club. You should get your pipes looked at...
>>
No. 1079669 ID: f2cf5a

">>1079589
...bad memories. The sound, I...just gimme a moment, it'll pass."

"I'm so glad you're here."

(I forgot why that sound is bad, honestly.)
>>
No. 1079910 ID: 15a025
File 170372914020.png - (5.91KB , 800x600 , 40.png )
1079910

>Ask if it sounded like a garbage disposal to her, or if you were hearing things
Lana: “Did-did the sink sound like a garbage disposal?”

Kaari: “Yeah, you turned it on.”

I take a few more deep breaths to calm down.
>It’s okay, you’re in a safe space.
Right, I’m at home. I’m at home, and I’m here with Kaari.

>Tell her it sounded like the fucked up plumbing at the club.
>The sound, I...just gimme a moment, it'll pass.
Lana: “Just sounded like the fucked up plumbing back in the break room that night.”

Kaari: “I didn’t think the sink back there had a garbage disposal.”

Lana: “That’s the freaky part, it doesn’t. The break room sink made the same noise when I turned the water on.”

She flinches a bit, and turns away
Kaari: “L-change topics. I don’t want to think about the bar.”

Agreed, I need to get these dishes done.
>>
No. 1079911 ID: 15a025
File 170372919239.png - (6.17KB , 800x600 , 41.png )
1079911

I turn to the sink and Kaari turns it on, but carefully. There’s just a thin stream of water coming out the faucet.
Kaari: “Little easier on the ears if its just a slow stream.”

Hm, she’s right. It’s a lot more relaxing. Gonna take longer to fill up the sink though. I groan as I bend down to grab the dish soap and rubber gloves.

Lana: “Here, you might want a pair of these. I can scrub and you can dry them off. Sound good?”
She nods.

Kaari: “Sounds easy enough.”
>>
No. 1079912 ID: 15a025
File 170372922909.png - (4.09KB , 800x600 , 42.png )
1079912

I ease up and start dunking plates into the sink. The dishes are pretty dirty, at least the chunks of gunk scrubs off with ease.

I pass them off to Kaari to dry.

Bwup

I keep hearing little bubble sounds as I put the dishes in.

Bwup bwoop.

Like, air bubbles.

It gives me knots in my stomach, I keep thinking about Kaari and what that masked asshole did to her.

Why couldn’t it have been me instead? Why did Kaari have to get tortured like that?
>>
No. 1079913 ID: 15a025
File 170372925620.png - (4.06KB , 800x600 , 43.png )
1079913

???: “Time’s up!”

W-what?

Something grabs the back of my head and shoves me into the sink. I struggle to raise my head out of the water, but this asshole is keeping me under!

Fuck, if I don’t do something I’m going to drown!
>>
No. 1079914 ID: fc8ab3

Grab the edge of the counter with your hands, lift your legs, brace them against the side of the counter, and push off as hard as you can.
>>
No. 1079920 ID: b389e6

Quick! Unplug the drain! He cant hold both your hands and your head

And if you can, turn on the garbage disposal too so the water sinks faster.
>>
No. 1079922 ID: fb32ab

Wait, what? No, don't turn on the disposal! That's a fantastic way to make things even more stressful.

Do unplug the drain.
>>
No. 1079923 ID: b389e6

Oh yeah, good point.
>>
No. 1079924 ID: 273c18

This isn't real, you know. Noone could have snuck into your home and gotten past Kaari to push you into the sink without her sounding the alarm.
>>
No. 1079951 ID: cd10d0

Quit being overdramatic wake up. Your just imagining this, probably.
>>
No. 1080116 ID: 15a025
File 170400573125.png - (4.04KB , 800x600 , 44.png )
1080116

>Grab the edge of the counter with your hands
>Quick! Unplug the drain!
>Do unplug the drain.

I try to move my arms, but they’re stuck behind me. Feels like something’s tied around my wrists.

>lift your legs, brace them against the side of the counter, and push off as hard as you can.
I can move my legs though! I do what I can to push against the counter and-
>>
No. 1080117 ID: 15a025
File 170400575356.png - (256B , 100x75 , 45.png )
1080117

THUD
>>
No. 1080118 ID: 15a025
File 170400577793.png - (6.20KB , 800x600 , 46b.png )
1080118

>This isn't real, you know. Noone could have snuck into your home and gotten past Kaari to push you into the sink without her sounding the alarm.
>Quit being overdramatic wake up. Your just imagining this, probably.
I try opening my eyes, but it’s hard. My head hurts, and I feel exhausted. I feel…something holding my paw. I open my eyes again, things are a bit blurry, but I think I can see Kaari. I try to get back up slowly.
>>
No. 1080119 ID: 15a025
File 170400580227.png - (5.58KB , 800x600 , 47.png )
1080119

Lana: ”Eugh, what happened? Where’s the fucker that tried drowning me?”

Kaari: “Don’t scare me like that Lana! You- you were nodding off while washing the dishes, and then I heard a splash! You face-planted right into the sink.”

I feel relieved. It really was just my mind playing tricks on me.

Kaari: “Lana, are you doing alright? I-I can finish up in here if you want to lay down for a bit.”
>>
No. 1080121 ID: e51896

Was this the first time you nodded off? maybe you're getting narcolepsy?

Regardless, Might want to talk to her about some of your own trauma with Kaari if only to calm you down. Let her know you just haven't been sleeping well at all since that incident, whether it be caused by survivors guilt, or regret for not being a better bouncer, or drinking when you shouldn't have, causing you to faint instead of preventing danger.

maybe have Kaari fix yourself up some tea and take a nap. probably consider therapy if you and Kaari can afford it.
>>
No. 1080122 ID: 76615e

This is seeming like more than either of you can handle. Its time to get professional help.
For now, reassure your girlfriend and then you both need a nap. Take your time with the cleaning so this doesn't happen again, there's no rush.
>>
No. 1080125 ID: 273c18

>>1080119
Just a nightmare, fueled by the thoughts you had right before passing out. Didn't really happen, the memory will fade.

Were you that sleepy?
>>
No. 1080172 ID: 15a025
File 170414901060.png - (5.96KB , 800x600 , 48.png )
1080172

>Were you that sleepy?
Must have. I’m still feeling tired too.

>Was this the first time you nodded off?
Lana: “Was I nodding off earlier today as well?”

Kaari: “Hm, no. Not that I noticed anyway.”

>maybe have Kaari fix yourself up some tea and take a nap.
Lana: “Sorry, I might need to take a nap or go back to bed for a bit Kaari. Still on the night schedule here.”

Kaari: “What do you mean? You’ve been off of work.”

Lana: “Still got college classes to take care of. Thankfully I’ve been able to handle most of that at home.”

Kaari: “O..oh. I’m sorry for waking you up Lana. I-I would have waited till later-“

Lana: “No, Kaari. You’re fine. I’m glad you called me when you needed help. It means a lot. I would’ve felt bad if you sat and waited for my sake for something like that.”
I slowly get up.
Lana: “Could you put a cup of tea in the microwave for me? I think I’m going to sit down on the couch.”

Kaari: “Sure!”
>>
No. 1080173 ID: 15a025
File 170414903991.png - (5.28KB , 800x600 , 49.png )
1080173

I make my way over to the living room, and start thinking. I’m starting to realize things are weighing on me a lot more than I thought.

>This is seeming like more than either of you can handle. Its time to get professional help.
>Probably consider therapy if you and Kaari can afford it.

It’s a nice thought, but I can’t afford it. Especially if I’ll have to start supporting Kaari. My insurance only covers so much as it is too. I’m lucky one of the band’s producers was kind enough to take care of the rest of what insurance didn’t cover while I was in the hospital.

I could try asking them for a referral. Part of me feels bad bothering them again though…
>>
No. 1080174 ID: 15a025
File 170414911657.png - (5.53KB , 800x600 , 50.png )
1080174

Kaari comes back with a hot cup of tea and a blanket for me.

Kaari: “Here you go Lana, one hot cup of tea!”

I smile and thank her.

>Might want to talk to her about some of your own trauma with Kaari if only to calm you down. Let her know you just haven't been sleeping well at all since that incident, whether it be caused by survivors guilt, or regret for not being a better bouncer, or drinking when you shouldn't have, causing you to faint instead of preventing danger.
Lana: “I guess maybe I should talk about what’s been bothering me lately.”

Kaari: “My ears are always here for you Lana.”

Lana: “I just-. I’ve been feeling really shitty about myself lately. Sometimes I have a hard time sleeping because of it.”

Lana: “Like, none of this would have happened if I was just more responsible. I shouldn’t have been drinking with everyone like that! What was I even thinking, I was suppose to be the driving!”

Lana: “Instead of partying it up, I should have still been watching out for everyone. I mean, yeah. We didn’t know someone would hold us hostage! Something else could have happened though. It’s my job to make sure everyone’s alright and has a good time.”

I stop for a moment and take a sip of tea.

Lana: “Now because I fucked up, everyone got hurt--or worse. They still haven’t found Dente, not even a clue to what happened to her.”

I put the tea down and hold my head in my paws. Saying everything out loud makes it sound even worse.
>>
No. 1080175 ID: 15a025
File 170414917306.png - (5.40KB , 800x600 , 51.png )
1080175

Kaari: “We made it out alive though Lana. If you weren’t there, I-“

Kaari: “I don’t want to think about that actually. I don’t want to think about you not being around.”

She gives me warm hug, holding onto me pretty tight.

I take another deep breath. Maybe there's something else I could talk to her about?
>>
No. 1080179 ID: e51896

Hey! return the hug! There's probably nothing more that needs to be said. She's on the same page as you now.

If there's something you want to talk about though, Maybe talk about how you're wondering how the other survivors are dealing with what happened. Allinen and Syvaa were roughed up pretty bad, and Norb did kill a couple people that night, stabbing one, and then you demanded him to crush the assailant with a giant speaker when he was really uncomfortable with doing that. Granted, it was something we had to do to protect everyone, especially since the guy hurt Kaari, but with how forceful you were to Norb and how traumatic it must have been for him to take a life like that, you can't imagine what Norb must be going through right now.
>>
No. 1080182 ID: 273c18

>>1080173
>part of me feels bad bothering them again though…
Do it. Referrals are standard procedure if your last job went well.
>>
No. 1080193 ID: 8f9bc4

Have you considered going to a church? They don't cost money, so much...
>>
No. 1080197 ID: fb32ab

>>1080179
This!
>>
No. 1080211 ID: f2cf5a

>>1080175

Seconding >>1080179. Return hug. I think it's clear Kaari is probably the most important thing in your life right now. Treat her as such.

Also, I...actually don't think 'find a church' is such a horrible decision. Speaking from experience, they're not all the 'fire and brimstone preaching' or 'penitence forever' sorts you see in TV shows and media. Heck, not even most. Though denomination matters...

If you feel uncomfortable with that regardless, then I'd suggest asking for help/references anyway.
>>
No. 1080220 ID: cd10d0

Put the drink down and at least give her a hug back.
>>
No. 1080556 ID: 15a025
File 170467116556.png - (5.44KB , 800x600 , 52.png )
1080556

>Hey! return the hug!
>Return hug. I think it's clear Kaari is probably the most important thing in your life right now. Treat her as such.
>Put the drink down and at least give her a hug back.
O-oh ah… it might be a little hard to hug her without spilling hot tea on her.

I lean over and awkwardly place the cup down and then embrace her in a hug. She snuggles in closer with me.

>Have you considered going to a church?
>I...actually don't think 'find a church' is such a horrible decision.
I guess it’s something to consider. Used to go to church with the family when I was younger, but kinda grew distant from that as life got busier.

>There's probably nothing more that needs to be said. She's on the same page as you now.
Yeah, I should probably just lay down for now and get some rest.
>>
No. 1080557 ID: 15a025
File 170467119343.png - (4.23KB , 800x600 , 53.png )
1080557

I finish my tea as Kaari gets up. I shuffle around and get comfy.

Kaari: “Night Lana. I’ll try to be quiet while I finish up the dishes for you.”

Lana: “You could lay down with me instead?”

Kaari: “I- sorry. I just… I should really take care of the dishes. Night Lana!”
>>
No. 1080558 ID: 15a025
File 170467120648.png - (4.83KB , 800x600 , 54.png )
1080558

Well…that felt awkward. I hope I didn’t make her feel uncomfortable. Maybe it was just my imagination, but part of me feels like getting up and apologizing. Or should I just sleep on it and talk to her when I get up?
>>
No. 1080559 ID: a3d1b6

Give her space. She probably just wants to be responsible.
>>
No. 1080567 ID: 76615e

>>1080559
Yeah, keep the couch warm for her so you can cuddle later.
>>
No. 1080596 ID: 273c18

She's your girlfriend, that was totally appropriate. Get your rest.
>>
No. 1080607 ID: cd10d0

Sure, NOW you want her when she's leaving. Maybe prioritize her more than a drink next time.
Just thank Kaari for cleaning up your mess when you get up.
>>
No. 1080691 ID: 15a025
File 170484589768.png - (4.82KB , 800x600 , 55.png )
1080691

>Give her space. She probably just wants to be responsible.
>Yeah, keep the couch warm for her so you can cuddle later.
>She's your girlfriend, that was totally appropriate. Get your rest.
Sounds fair enough. I let out a big yawn and close my eyes, it’s been quite the morning so far.
>>
No. 1080692 ID: 15a025
File 170484591254.png - (3.16KB , 800x600 , 56.png )
1080692

Some time later…
>>
No. 1080693 ID: 15a025
File 170484594736.png - (5.54KB , 800x600 , 57.png )
1080693

I feel something soft poking at me and jolt up.

Lana: :”H-huh? Oh, Kaari. What’s up?”

Kaari: “Sorry Lana, someone’s at the door for you.”

Lana: “Ugh, it’s not some reporter or detective is it?”

Kaari: “No, I think she said she’s one of your classmates.”

I slowly get up. Must be Luanne.
>>
No. 1080707 ID: 15a025
File 170485708581.png - (5.49KB , 800x600 , 58.png )
1080707

I shuffle over to the door and greet her.

Lana: “Hey Luanne, what’s up?”

Luanne: “Hey Lana, sorry if I woke you up. How’s your leg holding up?”

Lana: “Getting back to normal.”

Luanne: “Just bringing over your assignments and review packets from class.”

Lana: “Ugh, right. Tests next week. Thanks for bringing these over.”

Luanne: “No problem. Ready to hand those assignments from last week in? I can drop them off for you tomorrow.”
Lana: “…When were those due?”

She looks at me disappointed.
Luanne: “Two days ago.”

Lana: “Luanne, I don’t know what to really say. I-“

I hold my head in my paw and groan. Not only am I building up a nice mess inside, I’m building up a backlog of course work to get through. I don’t know if I should just apologize, or ask for help, or... what.
>>
No. 1080709 ID: f1a5aa

I dont think its a dream. It was mentioned that Lana is taking classes still in the first thread.

You should probably talk with a college counselor to help you get back on track with things, with considerations to the stress and trauma you went through. They might be able to give you some direction with what you can do.
>>
No. 1080712 ID: 273c18

Yeah if you're having a hard time with your coursework despite making an effort on it, you're going to get some advice.
You ARE making an effort, right?
>>
No. 1080714 ID: 79e788

Ask for help, and offer her some tea.
>>
No. 1080723 ID: e51896

Another thing to point out, even before the incident that happened at the bar, you claimed to not have had time to study for the electrical engineering test. Granted what you went through contributed to the procrastination, but Is it ALL because of the trauma you faced that you haven't gotten around to studying and doing assignments? or was this procrastinating going on beforehand? Maybe you should ask yourself, is this what you are passionate about doing for a career? take some time to Think it over to yourself and figure out if you want to continue that career path, or if you want to switch majors. Plenty of people who go to college major in one thing, study it in classes, find out over time it's not for them, and switch to a different major and career path.

either way, this is probably another thing you should discuss with the college counselor. They can help you switch to a different major based off of whatever other classes you took and recommend certain classes
>>
No. 1080729 ID: cd10d0

Why wasn't she here for it two days ago then?
>>
No. 1080732 ID: 5ebd37

>>1080723
Seconding this, consider if you need a change in direction.
>>
No. 1080981 ID: 15a025
File 170525754258.png - (5.49KB , 800x600 , 59.png )
1080981

>before the incident that happened at the bar, you claimed to not have had time to study for the electrical engineering test. Granted what you went through contributed to the procrastination, but Is it ALL because of the trauma you faced that you haven't gotten around to studying and doing assignments? or was this procrastinating going on beforehand?
I wasn’t struggling as much before the incident. I wasn’t able to study much for the electrical test because of work. Then things happened and I had to make it up after I got out of the hospital.

>Maybe you should ask yourself, is this what you are passionate about doing for a career?
It certainly is! It’s just...all these other required classes you have to take are bogging me down.

>if you're having a hard time with your coursework despite making an effort on it, you're going to get some advice. You ARE making an effort, right?
>Ask for help, and offer her some tea.

Lana: “Are you heading back home or going to class?”
Luanne: “Heading home, why?”

Lana: “Do you mind coming in for some tea, and maybe help me stay focused on getting things done?”

Luanne: “Lana, I’m already going out of my way to drop off and turn in assignments for you. Not that I mind, but-“

She groans.
Luanne: “I can help tutor or whatever it is you need to get back on track but,”
She pauses.

Lana: “But…what?”

Luanne: “I really hate asking, but I could use a few bucks for gas or groceries.”

Lana: “I don’t mind giving you a couple bucks for helping out.”

Luanne: “Alright, let me grab my books and stuff as well.”

Lana: “I’ll go get what’s left from last week and setup in the kitchen.”
>>
No. 1080982 ID: 15a025
File 170525756823.png - (6.52KB , 800x600 , 60.png )
1080982

I head into my room and wince. Sure glad I’ve the kitchen to study in. I’d hate to subject Luanne to this mess. Thankfully I’ve kept my college stuff organized.

While I’m at it, I get dressed too.
>>
No. 1080983 ID: 15a025
File 170525761177.png - (4.99KB , 800x600 , 61.png )
1080983

With everything gathered up, I sit at the table with Luanne. It feels weird, but in a good way. Like I’m back in class, working on assignments as normal.

Luanne helps explain how to work through and use a new math formula. I kinda pick up on it, and feel relieved that we’re able to use a calculator on the test when that comes.

After a bit I’m able to peck away at the questions on my own and we start catching up.

Luanne: “Did you hear they canceled my internship?”

Lana: “No, you never said anything about that. What happened?”

Luanne: “After that uh…’accident’ with the car lift and some investigation, they pulled me out of the internship for safety concerns.”

Lana: “Honestly, might be for the better given everything that happened.”

Luanne: “Well how about you? Are you going back to working at the bar after what happened.”
>>
No. 1080986 ID: 75b262

Oof. Tough question.

How do we feel about being in the same place as… that?
>>
No. 1081009 ID: 273c18

>>1080983
No. Maybe somewhere else.
>>
No. 1081012 ID: f2cf5a

>>1080983
No. We're gonna try somewhere else. Better for our mental health.
>>
No. 1081024 ID: e51896

You're not going to quit right away as you need the money, but you are going to job search for something new.
>>
No. 1081025 ID: fd69ae

On the lookout for something new. Preferably something a bit safer. Not like what happened could have been anticipated but still, something else seems reasonable.
>>
No. 1081032 ID: 5ebd37

After what happened at the sink... yeah, you need a new job, pronto.
>>
No. 1081056 ID: a2cfbf

I'm kinda surprised Luanne hasn't mentioned your collar yet. Are you sure inviting her in with the many uninvited fleas without telling her is fine? You probably should.
>>
No. 1081120 ID: 15a025
File 170537164164.png - (5.08KB , 800x600 , 62.png )
1081120

>We're gonna try somewhere else. Better for our mental health.
>You're not going to quit right away as you need the money, but you are going to job search for something new.
Lana: “Well, I can’t exactly quit on the spot. Still need money to pay the bills and support everyone. I’m going to spend more time on the job hunt for something else.”

Luanne: “Support everyone?”

Lana: “Well, my mom and sister need a little extra cash from me to get by. Kaari’s going to being staying with me for a bit till I can help her find a new job too. Not really much left after bills and groceries.”

Luanne shies away for a moment and goes back to the assignments.
>>
No. 1081121 ID: 15a025
File 170537166536.png - (4.32KB , 800x600 , 63.png )
1081121

Once I get through one of the packets, we take a break and Kaari makes us some cups of tea.

>I'm kinda surprised Luanne hasn't mentioned your collar yet.
Luanne: “Hey Lana, you get a new choker? You always got that spiked-wait.”

Luanne: “That’s a flea collar isn’t it?”

I-argh! I can’t believe I forgot about that! Maybe I shouldn’t have invited her in- damn it, I could have even warned her. I don’t think there’s a good way to really apologize. What should I say though? I can’t just, brush it off like it’s nothing. She’s been here long enough that she might already have them.
>>
No. 1081124 ID: e4a3dc

I mean this is a very new issue that you honestly forgot about so you can earnestly tell her that you did. Not sure what remedy there is for it though.
>>
No. 1081125 ID: 75b262

>>1081121
Apologize and ask nicely for forgiveness.
>>
No. 1081142 ID: 5ebd37

Nothing for it but to apologize. She should probably get out of here, and offer to buy her any medication she might need if she did catch some.
>>
No. 1081148 ID: e51896

all you can do is apologize. be prepared if she no longer wants to be associated with you.
>>
No. 1081154 ID: 13bbb3

Just say shit and apologize, someone brought them in barely this morning so you're not at all used to thinking about them. You can offer the same treatment you gave to kaari though, if they want to take a shower while you wash their clothes or whatnot, though it's understandable if not.
>>
No. 1081562 ID: 15a025
File 170588869842.png - (4.36KB , 800x600 , 64.png )
1081562

>You can offer the same treatment you gave to kaari though
I don’t think Luanne is going to want me to give her a slow and gentle flea bath.

>If they want to take a shower while you wash their clothes or whatnot
Oh-right. Yeah. That makes more sense.

>Apologize and ask nicely for forgiveness.
>Just say shit and apologize, someone brought them in barely this morning so you're not at all used to thinking about them.
Lana: “Ugh, Luanne. I’m sorry. I forgot all about it-“

Luanne: “How do you forget you have fleas Lana?!”

Lana: “I don’t- Kaari’s the one with fleas. She came over to use my shower because her water got shut off. She gave me the flea collar just to make sure I didn’t end up getting them.”

Lana: “I mean, I’m always wearing a collar too, so it doesn’t really feel out of place either.”

Luanne: “Okay, fair. Whatever. You’re going to have to sit down and finish the rest of this on your own though Lana. I ain’t sticking around to pickup no hitchhikers.”

Lana: “Let me go grab your money while you gather your stuff.”

Luanne: “I want extra for some flea shampoo now as well.”

Lana: “Yeah-yup. Okay.”
>>
No. 1081563 ID: 15a025
File 170588871955.png - (5.28KB , 800x600 , 65.png )
1081563

I quickly grab some cash from my room, I give her twenty five notes.

Luanne: “Well, I guess call me when you’ve got the flea thing taken care of.”

I see her out the door. I guess that went alright? She seemed understanding anyway.
>>
No. 1081564 ID: 15a025
File 170588874181.png - (6.00KB , 800x600 , 66.png )
1081564

When I come back inside, Kaari comes over to me.
Kaari: “Awh, Lana. I-I’m sorry I ruined your study session. I should have just stayed home.”

Lana: “Kaari, it’s fine. I’ve got all night yet to work on my assignments and study.”

Kaari: “I can start heading back home as well if you want then. I-I don’t want to interrupt or bother you while you’re studying.”

Lana: “Kaari, you’re not bothering me. It’s been eventful, sure. I still have all night to study and work on this though.”
>>
No. 1081565 ID: 15a025
File 170588875723.png - (5.22KB , 800x600 , 67.png )
1081565

Unfortunately, it probably is going to take me all night to get caught up. Not to mention cleaning up a spot for Kaari to sleep. I can’t afford to fall behind anymore than I already am. At the same time, Kaari needs me too. I don’t want to just sit and work on this all night and make her sit alone in the living room or something. Gotta be a way I can take on two birds with one stone or compromise a bit.
>>
No. 1081567 ID: e51896

You're fine, and Kaari will be fine. Just giving Kaari a place to stay is all she really needs and enough for her, you don't have to interact with her all the time, so there's nothing wrong with leaving her on her own in the living room. There's always time tomorrow to talk more to her about things, she isn't going anywhere.

as for cleaning up a space for her to sleep, she can sleep on the couch, I mean, you slept on the couch earlier, so it should be fine for her. plus, she can use that alone time to think, she already had so much happen to her, she might need some time alone to take things in. Otherwise, she already agreed to help clean, so maybe she can clean up a space on her own. remember, you need her help as much as she needs your help, and you helped her in a big way by bringing her in, and helping her with her flea problem.

Also, there's some entertainment for Kaari over there on the bookshelf, or maybe she can watch tv if she's bored..

Also also, make sure to lock the front door.
>>
No. 1081568 ID: 0190ce

Kaari, I hate to ask, but could you work on clearing a space for yourself to sleep? Help yourself to whatever you need to move or change or whatnot, you're not blind to how messy things are.

For you, just focus on studying, but maybe you can do it in the same room as Kaari. It'll help your focus to hear her doing better, probably.
>>
No. 1081569 ID: 273c18

>>1081565
Study with her?
>>
No. 1081570 ID: 5ebd37

You don't have to catch up all the way right now. Just do what you can. Kaari can set up somewhere to sleep herself, and if she needs anything you'll be right there.
>>
No. 1081594 ID: eb0a9c

Her 'rent' is helping you with your assignments and sex stuff. If she's distracted learning along with you, it gives her something to do.
>>
No. 1082608 ID: 15a025
File 170717430021.png - (6.01KB , 800x600 , 68.png )
1082608

>Study with her?
Lana: “You could study with me if you want.”

Kaari: “Lana, I’d probably end up asking more questions than you. I don’t even know anything about your classes.”

>she can use that alone time to think, she already had so much happen to her, she might need some time alone to take things in.
>focus on studying, but maybe you can do it in the same room as Kaari. It'll help your focus to hear her doing better, probably.
Lana: “How about this, I can get the VCR hooked up and you can watch a movie while I’m studying.”

Kaari: “What if it’s too loud and-“

Lana: “Then I just ask if you can turn it down a few clicks. No biggie.”

Kaari: “Are you sure?”

Lana: “Yup.”

Kaari: “Alright, if you’re sure it won’t bother you.”
>>
No. 1082611 ID: 15a025
File 170717433617.png - (5.70KB , 800x600 , 69.png )
1082611

I set up the VCR in the living room.
Lana: “So, what do you feel like watching?”

Kaari: “Uh…well I’m not in the mood for any horror movies this time.”

Well, that eliminates about half my tapes. Understandably.

Lana: “I’ve got other genres too.”

Kaari: “How about a romance comedy?”

Lana: “Well, at least I won’t have to worry about being distracted. I didn’t think you were into those?”

Kaari: “Yeah. Usually a good one helps me cheer up when I’m feeling down or lonely.”

Lana: “Okay, well I think I’ve got something you’ll like then. How about Llama Masseuse?”

Kaari: “Sounds kinda corny, but I’ll give it a watch.”

I take the tape out of the sleeve and pop it in the VCR, switch over to channel three, and hit play.
Lana: “Alrighty, I’ll be in the kitchen studying if you need me.”

Kaari: “Can you fast forward past the commercials?”

Lana: “Yeah.”
>>
No. 1082614 ID: 15a025
File 170717437792.png - (4.54KB , 800x600 , 70.png )
1082614

Once the movie starts playing I head back to the kitchen and get my eyes glued to the assignment. I go to take a sip of tea-ugh, yuck. Cold tea.

No, gotta focus. I pick up another packet and start writing away. If I don’t know something, I’ve got my notes or I’ll just review that chapter a bit.

It gets a little hard though, hearing Kaari laughing and having a good time with the movie. Wish I was enjoying it with her.
>>
No. 1082615 ID: 15a025
File 170717439879.png - (4.54KB , 800x600 , 71.png )
1082615

Till finally I’m-

Kaari: “Lana!”

There’s a weird brrrr sound coming from the living room. Shit! Did the VCR eat the tape or something?!
>>
No. 1082618 ID: 15a025
File 170717442893.png - (5.71KB , 800x600 , 72.png )
1082618

I rush into the living room, but everything seems fine?
Lana: “What’s wrong Kaari?”

Kaari: “Oh nothing, I was just calling out to see if you were done with your college stuff. Movie’s over.”

Lana: “What? I-ugh. I only got through one packet!”

Kaari: “Well, how much more do you have?”

Lana: “Still a ton.”

Kaari: “Well, it’s getting to be seven Lana- wait. You stay up and have night classes and stuff, right?”
Lana: “Yeah. Why?”

Kaari: “I mean. I don’t want to bother you, but I haven’t seen you in weeks. I’d like to spend some time with you. Can’t you just do it later tonight?”

Oh shit, she’s right! I’m going to be up way later than she is. I could be working on this after she goes to bed.
Lana: “Hm, what time do you usually go to bed Kaari?”

Kaari: “Usually half past nine.”

Alright, that’s two and a half hours I can put aside for Kaari. What’s something the two of us can do together?
>>
No. 1082633 ID: eb0a9c

Sex yourselves asleep.
>>
No. 1082642 ID: 462d8c

Got any boardgames?
>>
No. 1082644 ID: 5ebd37

>>1082642
Yeah, boardgames! And put on some nice music or a background movie.
>>
No. 1082645 ID: 75b262

Board games!
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason