[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]

Report completed threads!

[Catalog View] :: [Archive] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name
Email
Subject   (reply to 929670)
Message
File []
Embed   Help
Password  (for post and file deletion)
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, MP3, MP4, PNG, SWF, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 20000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.
  • Currently 3701 unique user posts. View catalog

File 155521756004.png - (4.30KB , 800x600 , 0.png )
929670 No. 929670 ID: 15a025

Previous Threads & Wiki:
https://tgchan.org/wiki/The_Herd

Discussion Thread: https://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/115339.html
204 posts omitted. Last 100 shown. Expand all images
>>
No. 938757 ID: b1b4f3

Heading towards the location seems like it'd be faster and draw less attention before we reach it, but if we can't do anything about it once we're there it'd be a dead end, whereas if we stop the sewage flow it's pretty much guaranteed to foil their plans but it'll attract more attention while doing so.
I'm not sure which way to go.
>>
No. 938830 ID: 91ee5f

>>938754
Not entirely sure that just 2 light magic users would be enough to handle things down here. But calling in backup would scare off everyone we’re trying to catch down here.

I’m not entirely sure on what we should do.
>>
No. 938831 ID: a9af05

>>938754
Call for backup. This is more than you guys can handle on your own.

If you know where all of this is being sent, have your backup go to that location. While that's going on, you guys can go around to all of the computers and reverse whatever the cult did to them. Then head towards where the backup was called in and assist with whatever's left by the time you guys get there.

Also, I think Pierce can probably earn himself a reduced sentence by cooperating. Might want to talk to Officer Nibbles about that.
>>
No. 938868 ID: 15a025
File 156289042793.png - (4.48KB , 800x600 , 101.png )
938868

>Not entirely sure that just 2 light magic users would be enough to handle things down here. But calling in backup would scare off everyone we’re trying to catch down here.
>Call for backup. This is more than you guys can handle on your own.

Relina: "Shouldn't we call in some back or something? I'm not sure just Roxie and I can take everyone on."

Officer Nibbles: "I already explained, you three are all we've got available! There isn't anyone to call in for backup!"

Roxie: "Not to sound full of myself here, but I think we've been pretty much mopping the floor with these guys so far. If we have too, I think we can take them on if we're smart about it."

>I think Pierce can probably earn himself a reduced sentence by cooperating. Might want to talk to Officer Nibbles about that.
Roxie: "Speaking of help. Keep it up and maybe Nibbles could reduce your sentence for cooperating, Pierce."

Pierce: "Well, I can try to help as much as I can. I've got experience fighting chimeras, but my enchantment's going to injure them at best."

>Heading towards the location seems like it'd be faster and draw less attention before we reach it, but if we can't do anything about it once we're there it'd be a dead end, whereas if we stop the sewage flow it's pretty much guaranteed to foil their plans but it'll attract more attention while doing so.
I'm not sure which way to go.

Roxie: "I'm still not quite sure which way we should go. If we head straight to the source, it'd be faster and we'd probably draw less attention. We could be screwed though if that gated area's a dead end. If we head to the other computers, we can stop whatever it is they're doing with the sewage. It's going to alert them something's going on and draw their focus on us. We don't know really know what their plan is or if it relates to the tournament either."

Pierce: "Guess I should point out any of the gates are going to be guarded instead of locked. Mostly since they're so rusty you could kick'em down. If whatever's going on with the computers is really important, they'll have the higher up members guarding those instead."

Officer Nibbles: "Alright so what' s our plan then?!"
>>
No. 938869 ID: b1b4f3

>>938868
They didn't have anyone super tough guarding this computer. I feel like we'd run into tougher cultists at the destination.

Let's go take out the other computers. We can disable the computers after we stop the flow, to make sure they don't do whatever it is.
>>
No. 938879 ID: 91ee5f

>>938868
If we can’t get anyone else to come help us, then it looks like the best option would be to reverse what they did on the computers and then disabling the computers so that they can’t just undo what we did.

>>938869
>They didn't have anyone super tough guarding this computer.
True, the bunny wasn’t very tough, but she did get pretty close to escaping and warning the other cultists. We just got lucky that chimera knocked her over and gave us an opportunity to take her out.

We’ll need to be more careful to make sure the next cultist we run into doesn’t get a chance to run away again.
>>
No. 939475 ID: 15a025
File 156340018945.png - (6.55KB , 800x600 , 102.png )
939475

>They didn't have anyone super tough guarding this computer. I feel like we'd run into tougher cultists at the destination.
>the bunny wasn’t very tough, but she did get pretty close to escaping and warning the other cultists.
High ranking might not mean tough here either. She could have been more of the brains of this operation?
Relina: "All the more reason we need to keep our guard up."

>Let's go take out the other computers. We can disable the computers after we stop the flow, to make sure they don't do whatever it is.
>If we can’t get anyone else to come help us, then it looks like the best option would be to reverse what they did on the computers and then disabling the computers so that they can’t just undo what we did.

Roxie: "I guess we should go for the computers. For one, it'll help to thin out there numbers as much as possible. Second, there's no guarantee we can stop whatever their plan for all this sewage is at the destination. We could attract a lot of attention, but it'll hopefully save us less trouble in the long run."

Candy: "Before we go. Relina, you wanna do your thing again? I think it uh... wore off on me when you ran off after the rabbit."

Relina: "Sure!"

She re-connects with Candy's guide spirits.

Officer Nibbles: "Alright let's move. I've disabled the drain system for this section entirely. That way they can't start things back up while we work on stopping the other two drains."

Candy: "Won't that possibly backup the sewer?"

Officer Nibbles: "Not just possibly! It will! It shouldn't be an immediate problem though! I don't imagine someone's going to just dump hundreds of gallons of waste into the sewer in the few hours though!"

She hits a button and the screen turns red.

Roxie: "Time to move then? Which way are we going?"

Officer Nibbles: "I'll have Candy lead the way again. Follow her!"
>>
No. 939476 ID: 15a025
File 156340022040.png - (4.31KB , 800x600 , 103.png )
939476

As we sneak past corner through corner, we come across another cultist standing around. Just as we spot them, another comes running up to them.

???: "Orders from the others. You see that guy with the candle? Kill'em."

???2: "Whoa there small fry. Who's sending out the order and what happened? Pierce's a dealer for us, you know that right?"

???: "Boss herself. And he ain't with us no more. Possibly wasn't even with us from the start."

???2: "Get to it already!"

???: "He was in the computer room Tibbana was at. Something was going on there and back up got sent down. One of the guys went there and he torn them up real bad. What's even scarier is the guy was handcuffed too!"

???2: "Something about that sounds off. We're positive he's working with the cops?"
???: "Positive."

???2: "Any ideas to why the cops are down here?"

???: "Thinking an alarm or something might went off with the sewage system. We don't think they're aware of the tournament. Not yet at least."

???2: "Does Pierce know about it?"

???: "He shouldn't. He's not on the list to know where it's at, at least. Look I gotta go spread the word to the others alright!"
>>
No. 939477 ID: 15a025
File 156340027203.png - (3.89KB , 800x600 , 104.png )
939477

Candy: "Shoot! They way the conversation was going I didn't think he'd run off that quick!"

Relina: "He ran off?"

Candy: "Yeah, he's gone now."

???: "Something about this don't add up. Snowshoes being in the mafia and all, I could see it. Pierce though? I can't see that little weirdo being a cop this whole time."

Relina: "Now what are we going to do?
>>
No. 939541 ID: 8eaf98

>what do
Ideally: have acted faster to catch the info spreader and hopefully slow that process; having failed that, we now have one guy by himself. This seems like it could be a reasonable opportunity to capture or otherwise question one of them.
Pierce's ability to defeat an assailant while cuffed is concerning, but I suppose at this point he is considered a traitor to the cult (I assume he heard that too, if not tell him) so he has little to gain from not cooperating with us. He will probably be a fairweather friend, so while we can not count on him to particularly risk his life much more for us; I feel we can uncuff him and not expect him to immediately try to kill us. Also having demonstrated that he has the ability kill while cuffed, it seems we lose little safety from uncuffing him and gain much potential help in the process, he seems like a reasonable guy just trying to make a living however he can.
>>
No. 939804 ID: 15a025
File 156368945429.png - (6.04KB , 800x600 , 105.png )
939804

>Ideally: have acted faster to catch the info spreader and hopefully slow that process
Roxie: "Relina could have probably blasted him before he ran off too."

Candy: "Well, he isn't exactly spreading the most accurate info at least. He didn't even say anything about you or the church. So we still have that element of surprise?"

>Pierce's ability to defeat an assailant while cuffed is concerning, but I suppose at this point he is considered a traitor to the cult.
>I feel we can uncuff him and not expect him to immediately try to kill us. Also having demonstrated that he has the ability kill while cuffed, it seems we lose little safety from uncuffing him and gain much potential help in the process, he seems like a reasonable guy just trying to make a living however he can.
Relina: "Having his cooperation could prove to be a big help. As it stands right now, we don't have much to harm the cultists that haven't completely turned or given in. Or any that might not even be cursed..."

Candy: "Alright. Thinking about it, and hearing Pierce just get labeled as a traitor. I think we can trust him enough to uncuff him. On the condition he helps us fight the cult."

Pierce: "Like I said. I'll try to help as much as I can."

Officer Nibbles uncuffs Pierce.

>we now have one guy by himself. This seems like it could be a reasonable opportunity to capture or otherwise question one of them.
Roxie: "There's quite a few questions I wouldn't mind asking him myself. How's he know Snowshoes for starters?"

Candy: "Who?"

Roxie: "Never mind that for now. How are we going to capture this guy for questioning?"
>>
No. 939805 ID: b1b4f3

>>939804
Well we can block curses with light weapons, and we now have handcuffs to put on him.
Hmm, he's not entirely convinced Pierce is a traitor, I wonder if we can use that somehow? I don't think Pierce would like the idea of being used as a distraction, but we could bring it up.
>>
No. 940551 ID: 15a025
File 156419570331.png - (6.12KB , 800x600 , 106.png )
940551

>we can block curses with light weapons, and we now have handcuffs to put on him.
Relina: "Our robes are supposed to protect us from getting cursed as well."

Roxie: "That only helps us and not the others though."

Relina: "That is true. I'm not sure we're always going to be able to block an attack like that though."

Roxie: "Let's hope we don't need to find out then."

>he's not entirely convinced Pierce is a traitor, I wonder if we can use that somehow? I don't think Pierce would like the idea of being used as a distraction, but we could bring it up.
Candy: "Pierce, feeling brave enough to talk to that guy?"

Pierce: "You did hear the part where he was told to kill me right?"

Candy: "Yeah, and he doesn't seem to be buying it."

Pierce: "But if doesn't follow those orders, he's going to be labeled a traitor himself? I-"

Candy: "No-one's around but us, Pierce. If he wants to do his own little investigating with you, now would be his chance."

Roxie: "And if there was, they wouldn't be around for long."

Relina: "I can keep a small charge ready in case something happens."

Pierce: "Why not a full charge?"

Relina: "In case he's got good magic detection."

He lets out a sigh.
Pierce: "Alright. Wish me luck then."
>>
No. 940552 ID: 15a025
File 156419574112.png - (4.52KB , 800x600 , 107.png )
940552

He walks up to the guard.
???: "Hold it. What are you doing all the way over here Pierce?"

Pierce: "Following the candle's light. Heard tonight's going to be flowing with potential for spirits."

???: "Is that so?"

Pierce: "Yeah, see?"

He pulls out the candle, but I can't see the flame.

???: "I'm not sure how that thing works, but that's a rather small flame there."

Pierce: "Well, it is a small can-"

???: "Look, I'm going to cut the chase. I got orders to put you under. Any ideas why?"

Pierce: "...noo?"
>>
No. 940553 ID: 15a025
File 156419577590.png - (4.61KB , 800x600 , 108.png )
940553

???: "You wanna re-think that answer before I give you a reason to?"

Pierce: "Okay. Is this about me selling enchantments to other people for the tournament?"

???: "Funny. I don't recall you being on the list for that."

Pierce: "Yeah, well uh..."
>>
No. 940554 ID: 15a025
File 156419583695.png - (5.68KB , 800x600 , 109.png )
940554

Officer Nibbles: "You're on my list for arrest, that's for sure!"

I jump out with Officer Nibbles and she casts a pair of handcuffs on the guy.
Officer Nibbles: "And I'm not making the same mistake twice either! Hands behind your back punk!"

The cuffs phase through the cultist's body and forces his hands behind his back.

???: "So it's true then. You've been with the cops this whole time!"

Pierce: "Far from it. I got arrested today and now I'm just helping them to get let off easy."

???: "And what is the church dog doing here?"

Roxie: "Do you know me or something?"

???: "I'd be careful down here, mutt. Rumor says a dog from the church killed our old boss, and you fit that description pretty well."

Roxie: "I'd watch your own hide, creep. Unless you feel like following the light."

???: I follow only the darkness! I'm not sure what you intend to accomplish by capturing me, but, unlike someone else here I am loyal to the cult!"

Roxie: "You can say you're loyal all you want. Once your boss or whoever hears we managed to capture you, they're going to assume you told us something and betrayed them somehow."

???: "I would never turn my back on the cult, and they would never turn their back on mine without reason!"

Candy: "You sure? Pierce isn't even a cop. Yet, your buddy just gave you orders to kill him for being one."
???: "Attacking our own is reason enough!"

Candy: "If they returned their loyalty, they would have tried to free him from the cops and get his side of the story instead of 'cutting off loose ends'."

The cultist remains silent.
>>
No. 940641 ID: 8eaf98

i feel the play here may be remain silent and let him think.
>>
No. 940668 ID: cf0bdc

>>940641
They'd probably like if we did that. It'd just be more time for someone to spot us and interfere. Start asking questions. where's the tournament at or what he knows about snowshoe.
>>
No. 941071 ID: 15a025
File 156460238674.png - (3.79KB , 800x600 , 110.png )
941071

>i feel the play here may be remain silent and let him think.
>They'd probably like if we did that. It'd just be more time for someone to spot us and interfere.

Candy: "Yeah, standing around might not be the best use of our somewhat limited time here. Plus we don't really know long we have until whatever they're trying to do with the sewage is ready."

>Start asking questions. Where's the tournament at or what he knows about snowshoe.
Candy: "Alright, I don't suppose you'd tell us where the tournament's at?"

???: "And why should I?"

Roxie: "Think of it as a bet. You boast about how strong and loyal the cult is. What do you have to lose in telling us where it's at then? Wouldn't we just be walking into our own demise?"

???: "I would be branded as a traitor and exiled!"

Candy: "I don't know. You talk about loyalty, but you don't sound like you believe in your cult's strength here. Not telling us where it is makes it sound like you think we could actually win."

???: "Ha! You wouldn't last against even the lowest of our ranks! If I wasn't confined to this cuffs, I couldn't have taken you all on myself."

Roxie: "Put your money where your mouth's at then. Tell us where it's at."

???: "I shall only give you a hint. That way, I'm not saying where it's at and still can have my loyalty."

Roxie: "Depends on how good your hint is."

???: "Follow the paths of waste and destruction, and there you will find what you seek."

Roxie: "Alright then, my turn. What do you know about Snowshoes?"

???: "I'm curious, mutt. What's the church want with him?"

Roxie: "You forget who's asking the questions here?"

???: "He was a traitor to the cult."

Roxie: "How so?"

???: "He originally came to the cult as a middleman supplier. He had a source to get enchantment stones, and would sell them to us for a harsh, but manageable markup. Something up the mafia finding out. He was made aware of the risks dealing with us, but got greedy. About a few weeks ago, we noticed our stones we were buying started disappearing. Enough investigating lead us to believe he was stealing them back and hoarding them all in a warehouse. You know the rest of the story, mutt.

Roxie: "How'd you find him out?"

???: "I'm not too sure. Above my rank at that point. Rumor is he was trying to get funds to build up enough power to run us off their turf."

There's another short pause of silence. With time being something we might not be able to afford, I break it offering a gameplan.

Candy: "Is there anything else we should ask him, or should we turn him into dust and get a move to the computers?"
>>
No. 941073 ID: b1b4f3

Waste and destruction huh? I wonder if that has anything to do with the graffiti.
You could try asking him what the tournament is for?
>>
No. 941081 ID: 91ee5f

>>941071
>”Follow the paths of waste and destruction, and there you will find what you seek."
So we have to go in the direction all the sewage and trash is flowing?

>You know the rest of the story, mutt.
Why does everyone keep thinking Roxie killed Snowshoes?

Explain to him that when you arrived at the place you were supposed to meet him, he was already dead and there were cultists all over the place. They even had a chimera with them.

Because he said Snowshoes was a traitor, so it’s obvious you didn’t kill him, the cult did it to get rid of him.
>>
No. 941082 ID: b1b4f3

>>941081
I think he meant that Roxie actually knows the real story.
Unfortunately now we also know that the cultists likely recovered Snowshoes' stone stash. ...why don't we confirm that?

Ask if they found the stolen stones.
>>
No. 941162 ID: 8eaf98

he presumably knows we have a way to yeet him out of exist, that normally means whatever you have done is kinda moot, perhaps we are not so permanently yeeting them out of exist as we thought?
>>
No. 942520 ID: 15a025
File 156575447097.png - (5.70KB , 800x600 , 111.png )
942520

>Unfortunately now we also know that the cultists likely recovered Snowshoes' stone stash. ...why don't we confirm that? Ask if they found the stolen stones.
Roxie: "So if you knew he was hoarding them all at the warehouse, I guess that means you found them all?"

???: "I have not been sent out to help retrieve any stolen enchantment stones."

Roxie: "Guess that's his way of saying they found them all?"

>You could try asking him what the tournament is for?
Candy: "Back to our investigation now. What's this tournament even for anyway? Just showing off for some big prize or promotion?"

???: "The tournament serves two main purposes. To see which of our members are worthy of their power, and to recruit promising new members. What most entering don't know is, the amount of magic that'll radiate throughout the tournament, along with enough tainted sewage will be more than enough to release and summon a powerful chimera!"

Candy: "Tainted sewage?"

???: "We've poisoned and cursed the sewage water."
>>
No. 942521 ID: 15a025
File 156575449936.png - (4.16KB , 800x600 , 112b.png )
942521

Relina: "Poisoned and cursed?!"

She pulls out a flask and starts chugging it.

Roxie: "What are you doing chugging a drink down like-"

Relina: "It's holy water! Just in case what little sewage I might have swallowed would be enough to curse even me."

Roxie: "Okay..?"
>>
No. 942523 ID: 15a025
File 156575453493.png - (4.19KB , 800x600 , 113.png )
942523

Pierce draws in everyone's attention.

Pierce: "Something might be coming, flames getting a little bigger. "
>>
No. 942566 ID: b1b4f3

Alright, no more interrogation. Blast this guy and let's keep moving towards the next computer.
>>
No. 942587 ID: 8eaf98

>>942566
yea sadly as much as I want more people for our group/to not kill him we can not trust him enough to leave him alive.
>>
No. 942588 ID: a9af05

>>942566
I agree. Let's get going.
>>
No. 943086 ID: 15a025
File 156627473371.png - (5.26KB , 800x600 , 114.png )
943086

>Blast this guy and let's keep moving towards the next computer.
>as much as I want more people for our group/to not kill him we cannot trust him enough to leave him alive

Relina: "I guess we're done then. May your corrupted soul find some peace on the other side, cultist."

???: "Hmph. Save it. I'll be seeing you all there soon enough."

Relina blasts the cultist with a light projectile, turning him into ash.
>>
No. 943087 ID: 15a025
File 156627476507.png - (3.70KB , 800x600 , 115.png )
943087

We make our way to the next computer station only to find this time we might not have an easy of a fix.

Officer Nibbles: "Something isn't right, none of the keys are works!"

The computer starts making loud beeps as she stomps all over the keyboard. Suddenly the screen changes and plays a steady loud beep.

Officer Nibbles: "Oh great, did they put a virus or something on this?!"
The screen reads:

Ooops. Did I lock up?

Locks Remaining: 2
>>
No. 943088 ID: b1b4f3

>>943087
Sounds like a password is required here. "lock up"? Look up.
Also look around, there could be a stickynote or something hidden somewhere.
>>
No. 943091 ID: a9af05

>>943088
This.
>>
No. 943349 ID: 15a025
File 156652164166.png - (4.37KB , 800x600 , 116.png )
943349

>Sounds like a password is required here. "lock up"? Look up.
Candy: Huh?"
>>
No. 943350 ID: 15a025
File 156652167940.png - (3.70KB , 800x600 , 117.png )
943350

Candy: "Try entering in "freeze" as a password?"

The computer keeps beeping out error sounds as Officer Nibbles tries to do anything with the computer
Officer Nibbles: "Not working!"

Candy: "Figures it'd be harder than that then."


Officer Nibbles: "The screen changed. Now it says 'Stop yelling!'?"

Relina: "That's interesting? I never knew computers could hear things."

Officer Nibbles: "If they can, that's news to me!"
>>
No. 943351 ID: 15a025
File 156652171291.png - (5.65KB , 800x600 , 118.png )
943351

>look around, there could be a stickynote or something hidden somewhere.

The cult must be getting smarter. It doesn't look like they actually left any sticky notes around with passwords.
>>
No. 943353 ID: b1b4f3

>stop yelling
Turn off capslock.
>>
No. 943355 ID: 15a025
File 156652273548.png - (3.69KB , 800x600 , 119.png )
943355

>Turn off capslock.
Candy: "Try turning off caplock?"

Officer Nibbles: "Okay, well now it's just locked?!"
>>
No. 943358 ID: b1b4f3

OH, we removed one lock. Turn off numlock too.
>>
No. 943359 ID: 91ee5f

>>943358
Good idea!
>>
No. 943550 ID: 15a025
File 156670828014.png - (5.75KB , 800x600 , 120.png )
943550

>OH, we removed one lock. Turn off numlock too.
Candy: "Oh, right. Turn off number lock too."

Officer Nibbles: "Are you for real right now!"

She stomps on the key and the computer goes back to normal, as far as I can tell at least.

Officer Nibbles: "I guess I should be glad we got this working! Now to see if I can stop the draining."

She hops around, but stops to catch her breath.

Officer Nibbles: "Y-you know you could be typing all this out for me instead Candy!"

Candy: "I don't mind, but I don't have any idea what to do?"

I go over to the keyboard and she tells me what needs to be typed in. After who knows how many commands, we manage to stop this section's sewage being drained.

Officer Nibbles: "We should hurry up to the last station. With a majority of it stopped, they're probably going to see something's actually up and not a computer going down!"
>>
No. 943551 ID: 15a025
File 156670834178.png - (5.87KB , 800x600 , 121.png )
943551

Just as we reach another split path, we hear something echo down one of the paths.

Roxie: "That sounded like someone yelling?"

???: "Auugh!"

???2: " -not...vendor! ...isn't ... real!"

Relina: "I hope that isn't someone in trouble."

Candy: "Pierce, did you hear any of that?"

Pierce: "Yeah?"

Candy: "Go down the path that came from, then the other way. How's the candle react?"

He heads down both of the hallways.

Pierce: "Strange, there's a stronger reaction towards the silent path. There's a reaction to the path that noise came from, but it's kind of weak."

Relina: "It seems that candle's sense is better than mine. It's hard to feel things when air is foul down here."

Roxie: "Which ways the computer?"

Candy: Silent path."

Relina: "Do you think we should split up briefly and see what's going on? If that's someone in trouble, we can't leave them."
>>
No. 943553 ID: b1b4f3

>>943551
The candle doesn't react to cultists, it reacts to chimeral spirits or whatever. The light magic users should probably head towards the disturbance while the others can head towards the computer. Pierce can fight spirits, and we need Nibbles at the computer anyway.
>>
No. 943578 ID: 58b4f3

>>943553
>Candle reacts to chimeras, not cultists
>Light magic users go towards the disturbance
>Everyone else go towards the computer
But Pierce said that there's a stronger reaction towards the computer. And if you're right about the candle, that would mean that there's a strong chimera spirit in the direction of the computer.

So why would you send both light magic users away from the stronger reaction that's toward the computer? Wouldn't it be better if we split the group and send one light magic user with each group?
>>
No. 943588 ID: b1b4f3

>>943578
As I said, Pierce has experience fighting spirits, and if there's more than one cultist(which is likely) then we need both light magic users.
>>
No. 943600 ID: 8eaf98

feel like basically any candle reaction warrants at least one light user, however non-light users can weaken for light users to finish. feeling like dividing the party again is not idea though, they know we (or someone anyway) is here and they know the terrain better than us. also I feel like going to our main objective first is better, how many innocent people wander into the sewers anyway?
>>
No. 943879 ID: 15a025
File 156719346213.png - (6.01KB , 800x600 , 122.png )
943879

>The light magic users should probably head towards the disturbance while the others can head towards the computer. Pierce can fight spirits, and we need Nibbles at the computer anyway.

>why would you send both light magic users away from the stronger reaction that's toward the computer? Wouldn't it be better if we split the group and send one light magic user with each group?
>feel like basically any candle reaction warrants at least one light user, however non-light users can weaken for light users to finish.
Candy: "Pierce, if we split. How sure are you it's a spirit you could handle over by the computer?"

Pierce: "I'm pretty sure I can take on whatever it is. At least long enough to fix the computer and get out."

Roxie: "I'm not a huge fan of the guy, but I think he's got my trust here. You said handcuffs didn't stop him from fighting, and he's had plenty of time to screw us over and blow our cover."

>dividing the party again is not idea though, they know we (or someone anyway) is here and they know the terrain better than us. also I feel like going to our main objective first is better, how many innocent people wander into the sewers anyway?
Relina: "I don't like the idea of splitting up much myself, but this could be a cult kidnapping or something in progress! They might not be down here by choice."

Roxie: "More people we can take out, the better anyway."

Candy: Let's try to meet up either back here or over by the computer room then."
>>
No. 943880 ID: 15a025
File 156719354002.png - (5.11KB , 800x600 , 123.png )
943880

When we get to the disturbance, I'm meet with a familiar face. Is that the raccoon from the bar? Luckily we're able to get by peeking around the corner.

???: "The only list you're on is our hit list now! It's pretty bold of you to show your face here after the warehouse incident!"

Raccoon: "What can I say, I love to gamble."
>>
No. 943881 ID: 15a025
File 156719361763.png - (4.07KB , 800x600 , 124.png )
943881

He glances over towards us.

Raccoon: "And hopefully I'm right when I say I got a pair queens in my opening hand."
>>
No. 943882 ID: b1b4f3

Huh, are those enchantment stones?
Well, that isn't a fully corrupted cultist but I suppose we could still fight him 2v1, and even a light-formed polearm can defend against that knife. Let's get in there, disarm the cultist, and find out who these bozos really are. I don't advise immediately killing non-corrupted cultists.

Don't let your guard down around the raccoon. I'm sure he wouldn't mind regaining favor with the cultists via a well-timed backstabbing of two light mages.
>>
No. 944019 ID: 8eaf98

>>943882
yea weary around him, but he is another potential party member.
>>
No. 944022 ID: 91ee5f

>>943882
Let’s do this.
>>
No. 944621 ID: 15a025
File 156797206763.png - (5.13KB , 800x600 , 125.png )
944621

>Huh, are those enchantment stones?
From the looks of it, just a green one. There's quite a few drops of blood on the ground by it.

>Don't let your guard down around the raccoon. I'm sure he wouldn't mind regaining favor with the cultists via a well-timed backstabbing of two light mages.
Noted.
>that isn't a fully corrupted cultist but I suppose we could still fight him 2v1, and even a light-formed polearm can defend against that knife. Let's get in there, disarm the cultist, and find out who these bozos really are. I don't advise immediately killing non-corrupted cultists.

Roxie: "Don't suppose you could blast that knife out of his hand without killing him then?"

Relina: "I don't think my aim is good enough to try something like that."

Roxie: "Guess we're going in then."
>>
No. 944622 ID: 15a025
File 156797213269.png - (5.04KB , 800x600 , 126.png )
944622

???: "I don't know what you're talking about, but I'm about to royal flush your hide with the rest of the trash!"

Roxie: "I get the feeling both of you should look at your hands before saying 'hit me'!"

I hear the raccoon groan.
Raccoon: "That's blackjack not poker you dunce."

Roxie: "Oh whatever!"

>disarm the cultist, and find out who these bozos really are. I don't advise immediately killing non-corrupted cultists.
I take my polearm and knock the knife out of the cultist's hand.

???: "Augh!"

Roxie: "I'm not running around in a sewer to play games tonight!"

Roxie: "Keep an eye on the raccoon for me please?"

Relina: "Okay."

Roxie: "Let's start with you, cat. Who are you, and what was just going on before we showed up?"

???: "Like I'd talk with a member of the church!"

Roxie: "You will if you want-"

Relina: "Roixe, we can't kill him. He hasn't turned, yet at least."


Roxie: "How's the idea of getting poked a bit with light magic sound?"

???: "Hmph. Test my loyalties all you want. I'm not a bouncer for the market for nothing"

Roxie: "Market for what?"

???: "Preparations for the Tournament! Our dealers all over are gathered- Ah! Nice try."

Roxie: "So there's a whole market for this thing too huh."

Raccoon: "Yeah, if I didn't get caught sneaking in I coulda made a fortune scamming some desperate saps getting ready at the last minute too."

???: "Anyone desperate enough to fall for your shams wouldn't have even qualified to be in the tournament!"
>>
No. 944623 ID: 15a025
File 156797216991.png - (4.62KB , 800x600 , 127.png )
944623

Roxie: "Alright, now for you. You sound awfully familiar, raccoon."

Raccoon: "Y...yeah? Your point?"

Roxie: "How about you start explaining your situation? I heard him mention you were involved with a 'warehouse incident'. Shorty."

Raccoon: "Okay, yeah. So that was me at the warehouse the other night. Thanks for throwing the mob at me the other day by the way."

Huh? Oh right. I guess he would be the guy the bartender got to testify to Slick for me then.
I feel like there's probably some better questions I could be asking, but I'm blanking out a bit now?
>>
No. 944627 ID: b1b4f3

>>944623
Oh that was him? He looks a bit different, but it was pretty dark at the warehouse (and lower resolution). Well, he seems to mostly care about money, so maybe offer to pay him for his help taking down the tournament? The cultists are trying to summon something big from all the energy produced by the fighting. That won't be good for his life expectancy or his profits I imagine.

Ask the cat if he's got any info on the computers or the sewers in general- where are all the cultists right now?
>>
No. 944629 ID: 91ee5f

>>944623
>Raccoon that uses disguises
Hey, I know who he is! He’s the “Con Artist Coon” that Candy was assigned to look for!

>>944627
Pretty much all of this.
>>
No. 945778 ID: 15a025
File 156944287552.png - (5.43KB , 800x600 , 128.png )
945778

>he seems to mostly care about money, so maybe offer to pay him for his help taking down the tournament? The cultists are trying to summon something big from all the energy produced by the fighting. That won't be good for his life expectancy or his profits I imagine.
Roxie: "Enough about the past, let's focus on the present. So what motivates you, money?"

Raccoon: "Anyone dumb enough to work between two groups fighting each other better be. Of course I'm in this for the money!"

Relina: "Working for two...groups? I find it a little hard to believe you're a member of the church."

Raccoon: "Church, cult, it's all the same. No, I'm talking about the cult and the mafia!"

Roxie: "Well, if you plan having a good life expectancy, or being around to keep making a profit. I'd suggest helping us."

Raccoon: "Yeah, and why should I?"

Roxie: "They're using the energy or something produced from the tournament to summon some kind of large chimera."

Raccoon: "Sounds like a chance to start selling some uh... light enchantments and holy water then. Thanks for the heads up."

Relina: "You can't sell that stuff! Only the church is able to distribute those kind of enchantments. And Holy Water is given out for free!"

Raccoon: "No one said they were real."

Relina: "...I'm not sure which of that is worse at this point!"

Roxie: "This isn't getting us anywhere. Look, do you know where the tournament is being held?"

Raccoon: "Yeah, good luck getting in there."

???: "You'd get blasted before you even say your prayers!"

Roxie: "Okay master of disguises, got anything we could bor-"

Raccoon: "No. Everyone's got their limits and I don't wear girl clothes."

Roxie: "-"

Raccoon: "However! I know how to get backstage per say."

???: "Like you could get past anyone to make it there anyway!"

Raccoon: "I can't, but two members of the church can."

???: "..."


>Ask the cat if he's got any info on the computers or the sewers in general- where are all the cultists right now?
Roxie: "Cat. You got any info on the computers here?"

???: "They're well guarded!"

Roxie: "Were guarded at least."

Roxie: "Oh no. What kind of horrible monsters await us!"

???: "Our best members of course!"

Roxie: "I think we might have all we're getting out of him at this point. Question is what are we going to do with him?"

Relina: "Well, we can't kill him."

Roxie: "We can't take him along either. He'd probably do everything he can to blow our cover..."
>>
No. 945779 ID: 15a025
File 156944292058.png - (4.87KB , 800x600 , 129.png )
945779

Meanwhile, (and few moments back.)

Pierce: "Here it comes!"

A purple spirit appears and takes shape in front of the computer. A soft ringing echoes in the room.

Officer Nibbles: "Something's not right? I can't smell or sense anything in the room!"


Whatever decision made on what to do with the cultist will be brought up when Relina and Roxie are around next.
>>
No. 945782 ID: b1b4f3

>>945778
>chance to sell (fake) light enchantments/holy water
Great, now he actually wants the tournament to go through. Bribe him for the backstage info if you've got any cash, hope he doesn't lie to you, then restrain him. Same goes for the non-corrupted cultist.
Nibbles should handcuff both if possible. Handcuff them TO something, in fact, so we don't have to drag them with us. If only one handcuff can be summoned, then we could handcuff them to eachother, with the handcuff chain looped around/behind a pipe or something secure like that.

>>945779
Alright Pierce you're up. Hope you have experience fighting them when they can mess with sensory input.
...hmm, I wonder if blindar could help here. Seems like a risk for Candy to keep her eyes closed though. It's possible the sensory blocade only affects senses other than sight, though. In that case it's to assist an ambush so Candy should try to watch out for other opponents.

Is the air in here safe for fire magic? Does Nibbles have any offensive abilities?
>>
No. 945813 ID: a9af05

>>945779
I'm guessing that ringing noise is what's messing up Nibbles senses.

>>945782
>Nibbles should handcuff both if possible.
She can't. She's not with Roxie and Relina, she went with Candy and Pierce.
>>
No. 945818 ID: b1b4f3

>>945813
Yeah I mean when we're all back together again.
>>
No. 946589 ID: 15a025
File 157032365349.png - (3.97KB , 800x600 , 130.png )
946589

>I'm guessing that ringing noise is what's messing up Nibbles senses.
It might be messing with mine too, because right now something looks off about the room we're in?

>Is the air in here safe for fire magic? Does Nibbles have any offensive abilities?
Candy: "Can you tell if the air in here is safe for fire magic?"

Officer Nibbles: "I'd say yes, since I can't smell anything in the air!"

Pierce: "That could be the spirit messing with us as well, it's too dangerous to take a risk like that."

>Pierce you're up. Hope you have experience fighting them when they can mess with sensory input.
>Does Nibbles have any offensive abilities?
Candy: "Well, I hope you have experience fighting something with messed up senses Pierce."

Pierce: "Does fighting under the influence count?"

Officer Nibbles: "Remember you've got the right to remain silent too!"
>>
No. 946590 ID: 15a025
File 157032368104.png - (3.54KB , 800x600 , 131.png )
946590

The ringing starts to get a little louder-

>I wonder if blindar could help here. Seems like a risk for Candy to keep her eyes closed though.
I don't think there's a need to close my eyes. I can't see anymore!

Candy: "Pierce, what's going on? I can't see!"

Shoot, how do I get this thing to work again?!
>>
No. 946624 ID: e7c7d3

Can you hear or touch the others?
>>
No. 946626 ID: b1b4f3

Yeah, hearing them seemed to work last time. Ask for a sound off.
Not sure this'll help target the spirit though.
>>
No. 946627 ID: 91ee5f

>>946590
Don’t worry, it’s working. This the same thing it did when the power went out in that apartment building.

Once your teammates make some noise, they’ll appear in your “vision”. Make sure you’re also listening for the enemy making any noises, since that’ll also get them to appear as well.
>>
No. 946635 ID: 15a025
File 157041084879.png - (3.36KB , 800x600 , 132.png )
946635

>Can you hear or touch the others?
I can still feel Officer Nibbles in my pocket. I can't see her though? Maybe she's just too tiny for me to see like this?

>Yeah, hearing them seemed to work last time. Ask for a sound off. Not sure this'll help target the spirit though.
Candy: "Pierce sound off! Where are you!"

Candy: "Pierce?!"

Officer Nibbles: "I think he might have lost his hearing Candy, he's still in front of us?"

Guess I have to wait for him to make noise himself or something?

Candy: "Your my eyes then Officer Nibbles, nothing's showing up on my radar except myself! What's going on?"

Officer Nibbles: "Keep your voice down, something else might hear us and come in!"

Candy: "Little hard to chill out when we're being attacked and I can't see!"

Shoot, how am I going to get Pierce or the spirit to make some noise? I keep hearing that ringing too, but I can't tell where it's coming from?

To save some space, "Field" info will be hidden/not displayed while it stays the same. The "field" info will show up again if it changes.
>>
No. 946718 ID: b1b4f3

Hmm, ask Nibbles what the spirit is doing.

What the heck is field info, anyway? It wasn't there last time.
>>
No. 946824 ID: 45200e

Just throw a fireball and see what happens. Something's bound to make a noise.
>>
No. 946928 ID: 15a025
File 157085023006.png - (3.42KB , 800x600 , 133.png )
946928

>What the heck is field info, anyway? It wasn't there last time.
Candy: "What's this field info thing again Officer Nibbles?"

Officer Nibbles: [small]"Fields are an effect of using magic! When you use magic and enchantments, they give off a little energy, and when there's enough of it floating around a 'field' forms. Magic that's the same element as a field gets stronger, while magic of the opposite element gets weaker!"

Well that sucks, not only can I not see. It's also powered up.

>ask Nibbles what the spirit is doing.
Candy: "What's the spirit doing right now?"

Officer Nibbles: "It's floating around Pierce in circles. Pierce has his magic claws out and is staring it down."

I still can't see any- oh hey I can see the floor now actually.
>>
No. 946929 ID: 15a025
File 157085025183.png - (3.61KB , 800x600 , 134.png )
946929

>Just throw a fireball and see what happens. Something's bound to make a noise.
Well, here goes nothing. I aim upwards, trying my best to make sure I don't end up cooking Pierce.

I see my fireball fly on the radar and then kind of explode against the wall. Guess I missed?
>>
No. 946938 ID: b1b4f3

Sounds like Pierce is doing fine.
Well I'm not sure why you can see the floor, but the wall you hit is visible now... it seems unwise to keep throwing fireballs blindly. You need to at least be able to see Pierce.
Can you just try focusing on a specific spot in the room? Like try focusing your attention where Nibbles is. Maybe poking her with your finger would work. If that works, maybe if you focus your attention on where Pierce is, you'll be able to see him?
>>
No. 946991 ID: a9af05

>>946929
Ask Nibbles if there's anything directly above us that we shouldn't hit with fire? Because if it's safe to shoot the ceiling, the when the fireball impacts, it'll send down a shower of sparks that we can still see. Those sparks can outline where everyone is on the radar.
>>
No. 947027 ID: 15a025
File 157093823342.png - (3.51KB , 800x600 , 135.png )
947027

>Well I'm not sure why you can see the floor, but the wall you hit is visible now...
Maybe since I'm standing on the ground it was able to draw it out or something?
>You need to at least be able to see Pierce. Can you just try focusing on a specific spot in the room? Like try focusing your attention where Nibbles is. Maybe poking her with your finger would work.

Not sure if you're monkeying around with me, but I don't have fingers. I've got hooves. I've been trying to get Officer Nibbles to show up, but I think she just might be too small to pop up?

>Ask Nibbles if there's anything directly above us that we shouldn't hit with fire?
Candy: "How safe would it be to blast the ceiling with-"

Officer Nibbles: "Don't push your luck, there's pipes and wires up there!"

Well there goes that idea I guess. There's gotta be something or some way to tell where that thing or Pierce is? Otherwise I could try risking it, and having Officer Nibbles guide me over to him and I try touching him.
>>
No. 947046 ID: a9af05

>>947027
That floating red ball isn't your fireball, right? That might be the enemy. Only one way to find out, attack it!
>>
No. 947056 ID: a9af05

>>947046
Wait, nevermind, don't do that. I just remembered that purple indicates where chimeras are, not red. Red indicates some sort of danger in the environment.

I think that red ball is a sparking electrical wire that got cut. Ask Nibbles to confirm this.

Then, using that wire as a reference point, ask Nibbles to tell you if the chimera is to the left or the right of the wire. Throw a fire ball to the side that Nibbles tells you and hope you manage to hit it.
>>
No. 947063 ID: b1b4f3

Yeah, it makes sense for the red thing to be sparks, and we can triangulate with it.
>>
No. 947102 ID: feecd8

>>947056
If we're going to triangulate, then make sure you include height so that we k ow how high off the ground we need to aim.
>>
No. 947104 ID: 91ee5f

>>947027
Let’s give your fireball spell a name, since naming them helps them get stronger at a faster rate.

How about we call it Fire Bolt? Yeah, I know it’s not all that creative, but it’s the best I’ve got.
>>
No. 947117 ID: 15a025
File 157110500074.png - (3.59KB , 800x600 , 136.png )
947117

>Red indicates some sort of danger in the environment. I think that red ball is a sparking electrical wire that got cut. Ask Nibbles to confirm this.
>Yeah, it makes sense for the red thing to be sparks, and we can triangulate with it.
Candy: "There's some sparks or something on my radar, can you tell me what that is Officer Nibbles?"

Officer Nibbles: "You singed the chimera a bit and that lit its wing on fire!"

Candy: "What! I mean that's cool, but I can only see the fire on my radar?"

Officer Nibbles: "Well it sees you now! Fire again! Now!"

The chimera howls and it finally shows up on the radar.
>>
No. 947118 ID: 15a025
File 157110504551.png - (3.75KB , 800x600 , 137.png )
947118

Officer Nibbles: "Candy it's charging an attack and it's out of Pierce's reach! Do something!"

Crap! I start to panic more and try to hurry up and charge up a fire ball. Hopefully I can get it out faster than it!
>>
No. 947119 ID: 15a025
File 157110506695.png - (4.90KB , 800x600 , 138c.png )
947119

Officer Nibbles: It's now or never Candy!"

Candy: "Fire away!"

The room gets a lot warmer. I launch my spell at the chimera!
>>
No. 947120 ID: 15a025
File 157110508107.png - (5.26KB , 800x600 , 139.png )
947120

Pierce: "Piercing blow, seal this foul soul!"
>>
No. 947121 ID: 15a025
File 157110509895.png - (5.43KB , 800x600 , 140.png )
947121

The ringing stops, and the room turns back to normal. I can see again!
>>
No. 947125 ID: 3ce8ff

how are your eyes?
>>
No. 947128 ID: b1b4f3

>>947121
Phew. That was tense. Also ick, cursed stone. Is it safe to touch those things? Well, Pierce has handled them before, let him deal with it. Just advise him to hand it over to the church this time instead of trying to sell it.

Let's check out the computer.
>>
No. 947143 ID: 91ee5f

>>947121
Time to check the computer.

How are your eyes? They don’t seem to be leaking like they were last time.
>>
No. 947442 ID: 15a025
File 157154518275.png - (5.45KB , 800x600 , 141.png )
947442

>How are your eyes? They don’t seem to be leaking like they were last time.
Doing alright. Maybe I'm fine since it's not as bright down here as the apartment complex was?

>ick, cursed stone. Is it safe to touch those things? Well, Pierce has handled them before, let him deal with it. Just advise him to hand it over to the church this time instead of trying to sell it.
Candy: "I'll let you deal with the curse stone Pierce. You sound like you've got more experience handling that stuff. Just, make sure that goes to the church instead of selling it to the cult. The less power they've got, the less likely it is someone's going to get hurt."

Pierce: "Come on, the church doesn't pay anything for this. I gotta pay rent and fill the fridge you know?"

Officer Nibbles: "Then get a job like everyone else!"

Pierce: "Got a job application for anywhere then? No? Okay, let's talk about that one later then."

>Let's check out the computer
>Time to check the computer.
I walk over to the computer and check out what's going on.

Computer: "MATIENCE REQUIRED! CLOG IN EAST SIDE DRAIN SYSTEM!"
Computer: "DANGER! DRAIN SYSTEM LOCKED IN EMERGENCY DRAIN AND IS CLOGGED!
Computer: "ERROR NORTH AND SOUTH DRAIN SYSTEMS OFFLINE! FLOODING IMMINENT!

Officer Nibbles: "Something isn't right here-!"

Candy: "You think? We're going to get flooded!"

Officer Nibbles: "No we're not! If the situation was actually this dire. There'd be alarms going not only down here, but at a few other areas in town! They have to of messed with this somehow. I just need to figure out-"
>>
No. 947443 ID: 15a025
File 157154524986.png - (5.81KB , 800x600 , 142.png )
947443

A purple mist rolls into the room again as a cultist phases in through the wall?

Cultist: "This running around is really starting to wear me down..."

They let out a long yawn.

Cultist: "Look, I'm too tired to deal with this mess, so I'm getting out before I have to. They got no idea what they're about to unleash. Pierce, you and your uhh...whoever should get outta here while you can too."
>>
No. 947444 ID: b1b4f3

>>947442
>job for Pierce
He should apply at the Church. He has experience fighting spirits and that's useful for their operations. Plus I suspect he can negotiate payment for handing over cursed stones to them.

>>947443
Tell him if he's concerned about what the others are doing he can tell you how to fix this computer here. Grab Nibbles before he can see her.
Don't let your guard down. He is fully corrupted.
>>
No. 947534 ID: 3ce8ff

>>947443
this one seems to be more of the live and let live outlook on life right now so rather than pick fights we don't need to lets not
>>
No. 947847 ID: 15a025
File 157206906987.png - (4.16KB , 800x600 , 143.png )
947847

>He should apply at the Church. He has experience fighting spirits and that's useful for their operations.
That might be something worth bringing up when we're done down here and head back to the church.

>Tell him if he's concerned about what the others are doing he can tell you how to fix this computer here. Grab Nibbles before he can see her. Don't let your guard down. He is fully corrupted.
>this one seems to be more of the live and let live outlook on life right now so rather than pick fights we don't need to let's not
I snatch up Officer Nibbles and put her back into my pocket. She lets out a small squeak of surprise, but it doesn't seem like the cultist heard her.

Candy: "Look, if you're worried about what the others in your group are doing, then help us figure out what's up with this computer."

They let out another yawn.
Cultist: "Too much of a headache. Besides, is now really the time to be fixing the sewers when this whole place is going down soon?"

Candy: "We're not fixing the sewer lines, we're trying to stop whatever it is they're doing with the sewage!"

Cultist: "Mmm... that might buy you some time? I don't know computers though, so you're better off on that one. If you really wanna go play hero, I'm sure the sacrifices or some 'volunteer' members who wouldn't mind getting out of here."

They yawn out loud agian.

Cultist: "I know I'm going soon before I end up crashing."

Candy: "Hold it. Where are they being held."

Cultist: "Somewhere by back the back stage or something. I can't remember exactly where. If that's all, I'd kind of really would like to get going?"

Candy: "Then why'd you come here to help!"

Cultist: "Cause Pierce is the only guy I can stand being around. I'd be kind of bummed if he got eaten or something."

Pierce: "Thanks..?"
>>
No. 947848 ID: b1b4f3

>>947847
Ok, bye.
>>
No. 947849 ID: 3ce8ff

>>947847
i like this guy, i say we let him go, he seems like someone who has more or less overcome that loss of humanity thing (kinda like candy's friend) though letting him go means we should probably make sure we do not cause pierce to come to harm.
>>
No. 948933 ID: 15a025
File 157310043664.png - (5.66KB , 800x600 , 144.png )
948933

>Ok, bye.
>i like this guy, i say we let him go, he seems like someone who has more or less overcome that loss of humanity thing.
>letting him go means we should probably make sure we do not cause pierce to come to harm.
Candy: "Alright, if you're not going to help, then go. I'll make sure Pierce stays in one piece, okay?"

Cultist: "Can she Pierce?"

Pierce looks at me, and then answers with a tone of uncertainty?
Pierce: "Yes...?"

Cultist: "Alright, I've got trust in you then too, Lemon."

Candy: "Wait a second, how do you-"
>>
No. 948934 ID: 15a025
File 157310046865.png - (5.37KB , 800x600 , 145.png )
948934

He's already gone? How did he know what my goofy code name was? I set Officer Nibbles back onto the computer and turn towards Pierce.
Candy: "Pierce, who was that guy?"

Pierce: "Just say a peculiar friend? He's both the strongest and weakest member of the cult I know."

Candy: "How's that work?"

Pierce: "He has the curse of 'sloth'. The curse gives him some pretty wicked powers, but in exchange he's pretty lazy. Use them or not, it knock's him out cold for most of the week. never knew he thought that much of me though?"
>>
No. 948935 ID: 15a025
File 157310056313.png - (6.89KB , 800x600 , 146.png )
948935

Before I can think about it, I hear muffled sounds of someone coming?

???: "Mmhp. -et go! -here! here!"

Shoot, is someone getting kidnapped down here? Wait- I think I hear Roxie as well?
Roxie?: "Would you be quiet and give it up already!"

Candy: "Roxie?"

Roxie, Relina, and two others enter the room.

Roxie: "Oh it's about time. Tell me one of you has something we can get this guy to keep quiet with?"

???: "You cannot silence me! The cu- mphph!"

Candy: "Are we holding him hostage or something?"

Roxie: "Our light magic can't really harm him since he isn't fully corrupt? So we had to drag him all the way back over here."

Candy: "And the raccoon?"

Raccoon: "Uh... you can just say I'm a friend of hers. Enough about that though."

Officer Nibbles: "Exactly! Didn't that guy say there were hostages or something being held!?"

Raccoon: "Psychic or something? Yeah I was going to say there's prisoners here. They're all the designated losers for the opening round!"

Candy: "Designated losers?"

Raccoon: "Tournament's rigged a bit. Lose and you're thrown to the chimeras."

???: "And you'll all be joining that grou-"

Roxie: "Can it already!"

Relina: "How long do we have till the tournament starts?"

Raccoon: "About half an hour?"

Relina: "That's not much time!"

Officer Nibbles: "This isn't good! We need to save them, but we need to stop the tournament as well!"

Roxie: "There's only so many of us here Nibbles!"

???: "Face it dog! You're outnumbered!"

Raccoon: "Everyone shut it!"

The room goes silent.

Raccoon: "If you're willing to trust me. I've got a plan, but we're going to need two teams."

Relina: "We need to split up again?"

Raccoon: "Quiet! Alright, look. Running up on stage we'd all get blasted the second anyone saw us. But! I know how to sneak on over backstage and go after the boss running this whole show. Team...one we'll call it, will head that way. Team two is going to serve as a distraction or something to keep the heat off. Your little prison break should work out for that. All you have to do is just hold out long enough for team one to kill the boss."

Roxie: "How would any of us know when that happens?"

Raccoon: "They're not going to stick around when they suddenly can't sense their boss around here."

Well that's a lot to take in? Spirits, what are your thoughts? What should our teams be?
>>
No. 948937 ID: b1b4f3

>>948935
Well if both teams are going to be fighting cultists then both teams need a light magic user. Candy could be on the team to face the boss because she can at least fireball them in the face for a momentary loss of vision. I'm not sure Pierce would be able to contribute as much... ask him though. What element is his magic, exactly, that it lets him destroy spirits? Would it be useful against the boss?

Also uh, we gotta fix this computer here, ask the raccoon if he's got any ideas how to get it working.
Can Nibbles handcuff the captive to the gate outside to be collected later for prison time? He's not fully corrupted so there's a chance he can be rehabilitated.
>>
No. 948942 ID: 91ee5f

>>948937
I agree with all of this.

>computer
Speaking of which, it looks like Nibbles has made some progress with it, since something has turned green on the screen.
204 posts omitted. Last 100 shown. [Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason