[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]
[Catalog View] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Quests] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name (optional)
Email (optional, will be displayed)
Subject    (optional, usually best left blank)
Message
File []
Password  (for deleting posts, automatically generated)
  • How to format text
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF
  • Maximum file size allowed is 10000 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File 156126202281.png - (171.26KB , 800x600 , 000 Title.png )
936867 No. 936867 ID: 0d5cb3

Groggy Morning...

In case anyone missed it when I said so, I decided this quest won't be full nsfw. First thread is a good indication of how I want to keep it for the most part.

Part 1: https://tgchan.org/kusaba/questarch/res/732068.html
Disthread: http://tgchan.org/kusaba/questdis/res/99036.html
Wiki: https://tgchan.org/wiki/Shark_Quest_-_Jiggy
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/jiggydino
Expand all images
>>
No. 936868 ID: 0d5cb3
File 156126204969.png - (68.51KB , 800x600 , 001.png )
936868

Morning routine done, sitting at my kitchen table. Tonight' sleep was a bit restless. After what happens, I feel like things jumped myself a bit. But anyway, assess my options.

Go to the police station
I could go the station and try to get help about the Merfolk situation, though I worry that I have no real proof to convince them to act. And I'm unsure what they can do considering everything. Cops can't handle everything after all. But it might still be worth it to try.
Go to the Deep Dark and help Echo up.
With a pair of sunglasses bought, I can probably go meet with Echo and help him up.
Hang out Date with Riptide or Mango?
Might be weird to do this with everything on my mind, but it's still an option I guess.

I don't have to do these things to a tee. So if I can come up with anything else to do, I can do things differently. Ammy did say she needs to prepare for the next step, so I can't go directly to her, unless I have another reason to visit her.
Also, I'm not sure what I can do to specifically search for Jolene, but at any rate, I'll be keeping an eye out for her whereabouts while doing whatever I do.
>>
No. 936869 ID: b1b4f3

>>936868
Go find out what's up with Echo. They might be extremely helpful in the coming troubles.
>>
No. 936870 ID: 0fae41

A date with Mango. She's ripe for the plucking! (Though she's probably heard every fruit pun in existence already.)
>>
No. 936871 ID: 83bf07

Good to see you, Finn.
Let's get more friends first. Help Echo and then we can swing around to fill out a police report. Maybe treat them to food while you do that.
>>
No. 936872 ID: ad51b8

Help Echo
>>
No. 936876 ID: 15a025

Let's go help out Echo!
>>
No. 936912 ID: 8cb228

>>936871
This. Help Echo then swing around for the police report.
>>
No. 937656 ID: 0d5cb3
File 156185902238.png - (101.74KB , 800x600 , 002.png )
937656

>Good to see you, Finn.

Good to still see you intact, brain.

>Go find out what's up with Echo. They might be extremely helpful in the coming troubles.
>Let's get more friends first. Help Echo and then we can swing around to fill out a police report. Maybe treat them to food while you do that.
>This. Help Echo then swing around for the police report.
>Help Echo
>Let's go help out Echo!

Alright! Time to get Echo then! I do want to see Mango afterward, but checking with the police seems to take priority in my mind.
I do a quick check around the house for my old sunglasses, but fail to find them, so I'll be bringing only the pair I bought yesterday.



I decide to swim part of the way there. I manage to enjoy it, which is nice. I find the spot I was sitting at with Rosie and peek over. Mmmmh...
>>
No. 937657 ID: 0d5cb3
File 156185902621.png - (80.83KB , 800x600 , 003.png )
937657

Finn: "Echo?"

Echo: "Finn! It's Echo! Hello!"

Finn: "Oh, hello! Good, you're here already!"

Echo: "Yes! I'm still here!"

Finn: "... Still? Did you stay here since we last talk?"

Echo: "Yes... I wasn't sure when you were going to be back! I'm very hungry..."

Oh no, I have to get him out of there quick!

Finn: "Uhh, don't worry, I have the sunglasses!"

Echo: "Joy!"

Now, how to get him the glasses? Or should I get him up first?
>>
No. 937658 ID: 0fae41

Help him up first.
>>
No. 937659 ID: b1b4f3

>>937657
Ask him to close his eyes and swim up into the light so you can see him to put the sunglasses on him.
>>
No. 937660 ID: e7848c

>>937657
They might not have the strength to get up on their own. How about you go down there and give them the glasses?
>>
No. 937661 ID: a9af05

>>937659
This.
>>
No. 937666 ID: ad51b8

can you met him half way?
>>
No. 937667 ID: 15a025

Try to help him up first.
>>
No. 937671 ID: 4d81e1

Can’t you just drop them down to him? Or maybe meet him half-way if you can’t
>>
No. 937681 ID: 2202fb

>>937657
Have them do it slowly or they will die.
>>
No. 937690 ID: 864e49

>>937681
Did both of you forget that you're surrounded by water and can swim? Meet half way.

Please be a frilled shark please be a frilled shark.
>>
No. 939908 ID: 0d5cb3
File 156375580364.png - (113.25KB , 800x600 , 004.png )
939908

>Ask him to close his eyes and swim up into the light so you can see him to put the sunglasses on him.
>They might not have the strength to get up on their own. How about you go down there and give them the glasses?
>Meet half way.

Ok! Never swam toward the Deep Dark before and I'm sure nothing will creep from the darkness to grab me and pull me down!... Ok! Here Goes?!?!

Finn: "Ok, Echo! Here's what I think we should do. You close your eyes and swim upward. I will be swimming down to meet you half way! Once I reach you, I'll place the glasses on you and then we can both swim up to the top of the cliff where we can both stop swimming. Sounds good?"

Echo: "Oh... ok! I- I'll try!"

Finn: "Alright! I'm gonna swim down now. Start to swim up!"

... Ok, here goes... I pause for a second as I realize what I'm doing by stepping off into the Deep Dark. The Darkness goes on forever and a part of me panics along my spine. But I'm sure it's safe as I can swim like I can anywhere else. And thing dragging people down might just been stories we told as kids... I'm sure.
>>
No. 939909 ID: 0d5cb3
File 156375580785.png - (85.83KB , 800x600 , 005.png )
939909

Yet I start swimming down toward the darkness. I keep close to the wall, obviously, but the wall starts to become harder and harder to see, even when this close.

Suddenly I see something toward my destination. A light?! It's bobbing around. I slow down a bit as I try to make out what is going on. Does Echo have a light?

As I wonder, I start seeing a form show itself slowly behind the light as it approaches the natural light above me. And as that form takes shape, I now see a Fish person swimming towards me with their eyes closed, a light attached to a stalk on it's forehead. Huh!
>>
No. 939910 ID: 0d5cb3
File 156375581251.png - (143.41KB , 800x600 , 006.png )
939910

Once I reach Echo, I grab one of his shoulder.

Finn: "Ok don't move, I'm gonna put something on your face and around your head."

Echo: "Ooo! Ok!"

Once the sunglasses are on Echo, I put one of his arm around me and tell him to continue swimming up, as I also do so. If he didn't have the strengths the swim all the way up, then hopefully this helps.
>>
No. 939911 ID: 0d5cb3
File 156375581589.png - (82.39KB , 800x600 , 007.png )
939911

Once we reach the top, Echo fall to his knee as he seems to be catching his breath. I observe him for a moment as I never seen an Angler Fish before. And now he's here! Out of the Deep Dark! Woah!

Echo: "*huff* ... We're here?"
>>
No. 939912 ID: 2df440

We’re here!

... do you need a minute to catch your breathe?
>>
No. 939913 ID: b1b4f3

>>939911
Yup. Ask if he can open his eyes a peek now that you've put the sunglasses on.
>>
No. 939914 ID: ad51b8

yup... wanna go grab some food?
>>
No. 939915 ID: e7848c

>>939911
Welcome to the world of tomorrow light! Take a moment to catch your breath, friend. Finn, appreciate your similar fashion sense
>>
No. 939928 ID: fdb6b5

Alright! How about lunch and maybe see about getting him some new clothes? Those are looking kinda ratty.

Also fun little fact about anglerfish, the males are tiny compared to the females and when they mate they attach themselves to the females and die on her.... so if poor echo is roughly the same size as Finn, I can only imagine what the women look like...
>>
No. 939949 ID: 123023

Probably the worst thing to be, a male anglerfish.
Those things absolutely need to find a female since they are dying via deteriorating organs.
And the only way to live is by fusing with a female.
>>
No. 939951 ID: 123023

>>939949
But hey at least we don’t have to worry about that since, with the evidence of that lure, Echo is a female.
>>
No. 939954 ID: 91ee5f

>>939911
Yep, we’re out of the dark!
>>
No. 939988 ID: 0d5cb3

Just to let people know: I don't do that kind of nitty gritty research. Keep in mind this is an anthro and I lean on the human side of things most times, even though most vocal people lean on the animal one. For one, I dunno how deep sea creatures actually fares swimming up above like that but I chose to ignore it. Mostly just wanted to have a cute angler dude around (Finn already asked in the previous thread and Echo said he was male.)
>>
No. 940013 ID: 123023

>>939988
Aw heck now I remember, dude he is.
Welp, time to get some food once he’s situated from going past the scary, spoopy, eternall darkness of the ocean.
>>
No. 940223 ID: 0d5cb3
File 156393170776.png - (93.18KB , 800x600 , 008.png )
940223

>Finn, appreciate your similar fashion sense
>maybe see about getting him some new clothes? Those are looking kinda ratty.

Actually, It looks like his pants are made of Seaweed. My trunks are made of Nylon I think? His tank-top does look like an actual shirt though. But I think it used to be closer to white... So new clothes could be a thing to do.

>Dialoguex3
>Take a moment to catch your breath, friend.

Finn: "We’re here! We're out of the dark! Welcome to the world of light!"

Echo: "Hha! Light!"

Finn: "... do you need a minute to catch your breathe?"

Echo: "Haw... A bit. Food would be nice. Oooh..."


>wanna go grab some food?
>Welp, time to get some food once he’s situated from going past the scary, spoopy, eternall darkness of the ocean.

Finn: "Food would be a great idea! Let's go!"

I take some steps back to lead on, but Echo carefully stands up with his arms in front of him as he feels around.

>Ask if he can open his eyes a peek now that you've put the sunglasses on.

Finn: "Are your eyes open? You should be able to do so with the sunglasses on."

Echo: "Oooh, I know. I'm just a bit afraid to try. It could hurt!"

Finn: "Ahh, take your time, but you should trust in them. They are designed to protect your eyes from bright lights!"

Echo: "O-ok! I-I'll try!"

Echo makes fist with his hands and brings em close to his face... and doesn't really move more since I can't see his eyes. I'm assuming he's trying to peek. Slowly he perks up a bit.

Echo: "Ooooooooooohhhhhh! It's really flat here!" He looks to me "Finn?!" I wave to him. "You're cute!"... I'm sure I'm not blushing! Uuuhhhhh.

Finn: "Uhh, thanks! You look snazzy with the glasses!"

Echo: "Where's the food? Are there places to hide up here?!"

Finn: "Uh, don't worry about that, I'll take you to get food. Follow me!"

I can go take him to get food, though I might have to swing by a clothes store first. Afterwards I should pic a food type to take him to. Small meat, Big meat or Weird meat. Unless he'd prefer something else? I'm sure his chompers can handle anything, as per this universe. Woah I blacked out after I thought "anything". Weird! Anyway...

I can also talk to Echo!
>>
No. 940224 ID: 0fae41

Weird meats.
What's there to hide from down there?
>>
No. 940226 ID: b1b4f3

Why do you need a clothes store? You're not even WEARING a shirt, and his pants could be considered stylish. They're weathered!

You should get him a sample tray of all the kinds of meats.
Ask him how he gets food down there in the abyss. Hiding being involved sounds like he's an ambush hunter.
>>
No. 940227 ID: ad51b8

Well since it's his first time up here I suggest maybe all 3. let him sample all of them and figure out which one he likes best. As for clothes, I say just grab a bunch of cheap but comfy clothes for him to wear since it sounds like he might be up here for awhile so giving him more then one pair of clothes might not be a bad idea and this way it also doesn't drain all you money.
>>
No. 940242 ID: 132e04

Ask him what he usually eats? I’m assuming the weird stuff is what’s he’s used to but maybe offer other stuff?

And a clothing store because his clothes look kinda old and ratty. He might need to get a new wardrobe
>>
No. 940243 ID: e7848c

There's no need to hide when you're with a friend! Let's get him some big meat since he's been starving. New clothes aren't too important right now. Don't forget the police report!
>>
No. 940649 ID: 15a025

Go grab some weird meat. Shopping's fun, but even trying on clothes takes some energy out of ya.
>>
No. 941789 ID: 0d5cb3
File 156523376205.png - (79.62KB , 800x600 , 009.png )
941789

>What's there to hide from down there?
>Ask him how he gets food down there in the abyss. Hiding being involved sounds like he's an ambush hunter.
>Dialogue

Finn: "So you're an ambush predator, right?"

Echo: "Best way to get food! They swim fast!"

Finn: "Well, there's no need to hide when you're with a friend!"

Echo: "Uh?" He tilts his head.

Finn: "I'll show you! We get food in a slightly easier way up here!"

>Weird meats.
>Go grab some weird meat.
>Ask him what he usually eats? I’m assuming the weird stuff is what’s he’s used to but maybe offer other stuff?

I bring Echo to the weird food store! He has to be into the selection over there, I'm sure. After explaining how to get food from a store and that I will cover the price, he looks over the options the restaurant offers. But then turns his attention to the Food Vendor and Cashier.

Echo: "Ah! You two are cute too!"

The Vendor directly in front of him blushes a bit.

Vendor: "Excuse me?"

Finn: "I uh-"

Echo: "You're a cute shark! Like my friend here!"

Vendor: "Oh, uhhh, thanks!" She takes a look at me and back as she blushes a bit more. "What will it be?"

The vendor cracks a flattered smile as Echo turns his attention back to the food behind the glass. The cashier is in a more leaning pose as she's surveying the scene. Her expression shows that she might be trying to make sense of Echo. He put both his hands on the glass as he perks up.

Echo: "Woah! This one here! The Juumags! They are just there for the taking?!?"

I look to where he points and I see these weird and small hook shaped fishes simply labeled "Hooks from the Deep". The Food Vendor give Echo and the small fishes a furrowed brow and the Cashier's goal to understand Echo seems to be shattering before her. I distract them by giving an order of a box of em which the vendor obliges. Echo is in awe when he sees how many of them we're buying as the Vendor uses a small net to scoop portions to fill a Large sized box. I get a bone with purple meat on it to chew on since I ate not long ago. We step outside.

Echo: "Is everyone cute up here?!"

Finn: "Heck yeah, Sharks are great!"

Echo: "Yeah!"

Echo has enough enthusiasm to keep me in a good mood, that's for sure. Though his compliment from earlier is spread thin now that I know he finds everyone cute. Heh, not really a biggie.

Echo: "So how much do you get?"

Finn: "Uh? Oh, that box is for you, I'm guessing you're very hungry."

Echo has a really big mouth. It's very obvious as he's agape while figuring out if I'm being serious. I let him know to go ahead and he happily starts throwing fist full of hook shaped fishes into his mouth.

Echo: "I can't believe I get to eat this many at once!"
>>
No. 941790 ID: 0d5cb3
File 156523376691.png - (82.22KB , 800x600 , 010.png )
941790

>As for clothes, I say just grab a bunch of cheap but comfy clothes for him to wear
>And a clothing store because his clothes look kinda old and ratty. He might need to get a new wardrobe
>New clothes aren't too important right now.
>Shopping's fun

We are now at a clothes store. Echo seems distracted by everything that is new around him and tells me that He's not an expert in clothes, so it might be faster if I pick something. There's a selection of types of clothes that can be bought. Each article of clothing have other colors that are not on display, so I can pick that too for whatever I'm choosing for Echo. The clothes here is cheap enough. If I want to get something for myself, I could do that too... I did forget to wear new pants today.

>Don't forget the police report!

That would still be an option I think. Hey, Echo, wanna see some cops? joking aside, it shouldn't take too long to wing by? I never had to report anything to the police before.

These poses are just examples. If you want, you can pick whatever top and bottom you want.
For example, picking Shirt A with pants B. Other accessories can be suggested for both Echo and Finn (bracelets, necklace, etc.) Suggest whatever and maybe either character will be into it!

>>
No. 941791 ID: 0fae41

C, but perhaps a dark blue stripe instead. Wouldn't want shiny materials giving him away in the abyss.
>>
No. 941792 ID: 83bf07

>>941790
Deff outfit C but make sure it has zipper pockets so he can keep his new sunglasses secure!Why not pick up a new pair for yourself?
>>
No. 941799 ID: 9876c4

C is cool.

+Tooth or seashell necklace for Finn.
>>
No. 941803 ID: e7c7d3

Yeah, going with C as well.
>>
No. 942876 ID: 15a025

Outfit C looks pretty cool.
>>
No. 942896 ID: aa0488

C is fine for now.
>>
No. 943128 ID: 0d5cb3
File 156631913081.png - (77.66KB , 800x600 , 011.png )
943128

>C, but perhaps a dark blue stripe instead. Wouldn't want shiny materials giving him away in the abyss.
>Deff outfit C but make sure it has zipper pockets so he can keep his new sunglasses secure!
>C is cool.
>Yeah, going with C as well.
>Outfit C looks pretty cool.

Tadaaa! Echo now has new clothes!
>>
No. 943129 ID: 0d5cb3
File 156631913419.png - (67.24KB , 800x600 , 012.png )
943129

>Why not pick up a new pair [of sunglasses] for yourself?
>Tooth or seashell necklace for Finn.

And I also get a Seashell necklace and replacement sunglasses. Better not lose these ones.


I think back of things that I put on my todo list. Next would be the police station? We start heading that way.

*Bloopadabloop!*

I check who just texted me.

Mango: "Hey dude! I'm at the park. We should hang out!"
>>
No. 943131 ID: e7c7d3

Sounds like a good way to introduce Echo to more people.
>>
No. 943137 ID: 72774c

>>943129
Hell yeah. Let them know we'll swing by with a new friend after we get that police report.
>>
No. 943161 ID: ad51b8

to the park.
>>
No. 943223 ID: 9876c4

We should do our patriotic duty.

We could send Echo ahead, but we haven't known him long enough to know if he's socially astute enough for that.
>>
No. 943534 ID: 15a025

Bring Echo along to hang out with Mango.
>>
No. 943837 ID: c790b8

>>941789
Flirt with busty babe!
>>
No. 944393 ID: 0d5cb3
File 156771162158.png - (73.09KB , 800x600 , 013.png )
944393

>Sounds like a good way to introduce Echo to more people.
>to the park.
>Bring Echo along to hang out with Mango.

Mmmh, I'm a bit torn with what to do, but I'm leaning on meeting up with Mango. I'm sure I can swing by the police station afterward!

I reply to her Hey, alright! There's actually someone here you could meet!

Mango: Oh? Someone new in town?

Finn: You'll see!

Finn: "Ok, Echo there's a friend of mine nearby, let's go see her!"

Echo: "Ok! More cute friends!"

We head to the park instead of the police station. Once we're there, I notice the park is more lively than usual. I spot Mango waving at us! As we approach Mango seems to change her disposition to be more careful as she's focused on Echo.

Mango: "Woah... Who is this?"

Finn: "This is Echo! He's from the Deep Dark!"

Echo: "Hello, cute friend!"

Mango: "Wh- Why do you know someone from the Deep Dark?! Since when?!"

Finn: "Yesterday, I tried to talk to my own echo, but Echo is the one that answered back."

Mango: "Yesterday!?... Huh. What are the odds that's he's named Echo... Uh, hello Echo, My name is Mango!"

Echo: "Mango! I'm Echo! Joy to meet you!"

Mango: "Hahah, likewise!" She turns to me and scans me from head to toe. "Finn... How are you holding up? You doing ok?"

A lot since last we talked. What should I tell her about?
>>
No. 944394 ID: 83bf07

Let her know that you're been trying to have a relaxing day for once. You're doing that by hanging out with friends. There's still some responsibilities like the police report you have to do, but one thing at a time.
>>
No. 944399 ID: 0d5cb3
File 156771569468.png - (57.09KB , 800x600 , 014.png )
944399

>Let her know that you're been trying to have a relaxing day for once. You're doing that by hanging out with friends. There's still some responsibilities like the police report you have to do, but one thing at a time.

I tell her that.

Mango: "Trying for a relaxing day for once?. Police report? Finn, what happened yesterday?! Is Rosie ok?!"
>>
No. 944400 ID: 83bf07

She doesn't need the panic. You're okay, everyone is okay. There's just some worrying things you saw. ... Did something happen to Rosie?
>>
No. 944402 ID: b1b4f3

No, it didn't have anything to do with the date. Long story short you spied on the merpeople and they're up to no good.
>>
No. 944403 ID: a9af05

>>944399
Oh hey, looks like telling Mango something out of context will lead to her freaking out!

You should take a moment to give Mango a better explanation.
>>
No. 944405 ID: 9876c4

This is the price we pay for dating before debriefing (Heyyoo)

Button it up, because in the wrong mouth this knowledge could start a war. Tell her we'd never lie to her, and leave it at that.
>>
No. 944408 ID: ad51b8

nothing, you just overheard something that you feel someone should know about.
>>
No. 944411 ID: 91ee5f

>>944402
If we tell her this, should we also mention Ammy using her magic is how we were able to spy on the merpeople?
>>
No. 944791 ID: 0d5cb3
File 156817174112.png - (65.51KB , 800x600 , 015.png )
944791

Ok time happened way faster than it needed to right about now! I ponder on whether I should tell her about what I saw or not.

>She doesn't need the panic. You're okay, everyone is okay. There's just some worrying things you saw. ... Did something happen to Rosie?
>Tell her we'd never lie to her, and leave it at that.

It might be better to err on the side of caution and keep it vague for now. If I ever tell anyone, Mango is indeed among some of the people I'd be more comfortable letting know. If it comes to that, telling her not to spread the knowledge around... I think she would listen to me. She can be a bit of a hothead sometimes, but she's also reasonable and I can convince her not to get too passionate about rash actions.

Finn: "I think so. I'm ok, I think everyone is ok. Did you hear something happening to Rosie?"

Mango: "No! I thought something happened to her after we parted ways yesterday! I haven't seen either of you since."

Finn: "Well everything should be fine then. For the police, I just saw something worrying... It's probably fine, but just to make sure. I'm sorry for making you worry."

Mango: "... Well... Alright then. You do look like shit though. And you're wearing the same trunks as yesterday. So I was worried... Wait. You didn't change clothes and you look tired... Did you and Rosie..."

She looks oddly worried.
>>
No. 944793 ID: b1b4f3

>>944791
Tell her to keep her mind out of the gutter. You have multiple pairs of swim trunks this color.
>>
No. 944796 ID: 91ee5f

>>944791
>She looks oddly worried.
She’s implying that you and Rosie had sex, which you did not.

>>944793
Yes, tell her this.
>>
No. 944815 ID: 9876c4

No, not yet.
We'd tell you. We'd tell everybody!
We'd shout it into the depths
>>
No. 944819 ID: 83bf07

>>944791
If only. That would have preferable, really. Let's find someplace to sit down and talk, yeah? It's a bit of a tale and you have to recount this on the police report anyways. Besides, you have a guest to entertain. Trust us, Mango?
>>
No. 944880 ID: ce39da

“No, I walked her home, made sure she was safe, and left. What I saw was way after that. I’d sound crazy trying to explain it to you straight up. In fact, I’m still thinking about what I’m going to write up for the report that’ll sound like I’m not submitting mystic’s evidence.”
>>
No. 945092 ID: 15a025

>you're wearing the same trunks as yesterday. So I was worried...

What, a guy can't have multiple pairs of his favorite trunks? Anyway, ask Mango if she has any ideas on what the three of you could do today?
>>
No. 945166 ID: bfce93

Nope...

We were just too busy and stressed out to remember to change.
>>
No. 945321 ID: 473826

>>944791
"Sex? On the first date? Never! I'm a good Christian™ shark!"
"...in all seriousness, I just didn't sleep well, and resultantly forgot to change pants. Walked Rosie home later in the afternoon last I saw her, so chances are she's fine."
[look her up and down]
"Both of you are fine, of course."
[finger guns snap, suggestive eyebrows]
>>
No. 945622 ID: 0d5cb3
File 156920785403.png - (66.61KB , 800x600 , 016.png )
945622

>She’s implying that you and Rosie had sex, which you did not.

I gathered as much, but...

>Tell her to keep her mind out of the gutter. You have multiple pairs of swim trunks this color.
>Yes, tell her this.
>No, not yet. We'd tell you. We'd tell everybody! We'd shout it into the depths
>No, I walked her home, made sure she was safe, and left.
>Dialogue


Finn: "I have multiple of these pairs! Keep your mind out of the gutter!"

Mango has a flash of surprise one her face before switching to a joking yet furrowed expression as she uses her hand currently on my shoulder to push me away with enough force to require me to re-balance to avoid falling.

Mango: "What!? Your mind is in the gutter way more than anyone! How dare you!?"

Finn: "Hah! Anyway, We didn't. I just didn't sleep well, and resultantly forgot to change pants. Walked Rosie home later in the afternoon last I saw her, so chances are she's fine." I look her up and down. "Both of you are fine, of course." I then do some finger gun snaps and suggestive eyebrows!

She blushes a little.

Mango: "Pfff, wow. Being a dork now? I... Thought the flower might have been much at first, hah..." She sheepishly smiles, but then gets a bit pensive and looks away. "I got to be honest, your idea, dating multiple people, still hard to grasp."

Echo: "Wooooaaahhh!"

Echo, now sitting on the floor, seems to be admiring me now.

Mango: "Oh, sorry Echo, I didn't mean to ignore you there. How are you finding it up here?"

Echo: "So far so great! I ate tons and I keep seeing cute sharks everywhere!"

Mango: "Heh!"

Mango does a little pose, to which Echo elates.
>>
No. 945623 ID: 0d5cb3
File 156920785882.png - (60.32KB , 800x600 , 017.png )
945623

>"What I saw was way after that. I’d sound crazy trying to explain it to you straight up. In fact, I’m still thinking about what I’m going to write up for the report that’ll sound like I’m not submitting mystic’s evidence.”
>Nope... We were just too busy and stressed out to remember to change.
>Let's find someplace to sit down and talk, yeah? It's a bit of a tale and you have to recount this on the police report anyways. Besides, you have a guest to entertain. Trust us, Mango?

Part of me want to tell Mango, but...
If I want to tell Mango about what happened I have to make a hard decision about it. Think about the pros and cons. I think I trust all my close friends with the info, but I feel like anyone I tell I might be putting at risk? Or maybe I'm being paranoid... Knowing Mango, I think she might be up to even come with me and up for any fights. Riptide, I'm not sure how he'd react about it. And Rosie, well she might be more afraid than anything. I also just met Echo. So I'll have to think about what I want to say in front of him.

Mango seems to be looking around a bit more confused now?
>>
No. 945624 ID: b1b4f3

>>945623
I feel like you should tell Mango, since she'd be up for a fight. As for Echo... ask him how his civilization gets along with the merfolk.
>>
No. 945625 ID: 745eba

Wonder where that guy's going to so fast

As far as telling them, maybe you should tell Mango and Riptide (And maybe Rosie too, unless you think she'll panic or something) at least. If what the Merfolk are doing is putting them in danger they have a right to know after all.

Echo's not a shark and so is probably fine, and you just met him so this whole shark fin murder thing is a bit much to dump on him right away
>>
No. 945626 ID: b1b4f3

Should probably make it clear we don't know what happens to the sharks after their fins are removed. It's pretty likely they're being used for slave labor in the complex behind the bars we didn't go through.
>>
No. 945629 ID: 91ee5f

>>945623
>tell or no?
I’m not entirely sure if you should.

Mango is probably all dressed up so she can have her turn dating you. Telling her would ruin the mood.

Then again, not knowing about what’s going on will leave her unprepared for what might happen.

>Mango seems to be looking around a bit more confused now?
You’re staring off in that direction, she’s probably trying to see what you’re looking at.

>>945626
>slave labor
I’m pretty sure when the poster we read said, “The shark will be humanely disposed of.”, that means that the merfolk are killing the sharks they take the fins off of.
>>
No. 945632 ID: e7848c

We can tell her sure, but I wonder where the proverbial fire is. Maybe we can tell her the super watered-down summarized version while we figure out if we need to start swimming in a certain direction soon.
>>
No. 945660 ID: 8cee7a

>>945623
We really should just tell her everything. She seems like the kinda girl who's gonna be able to tell you're not telling the whole truth and get angry that you didn't.
>>
No. 947821 ID: 0d5cb3
File 157205208993.png - (82.59KB , 800x600 , 018.png )
947821

>I feel like you should tell Mango, since she'd be up for a fight.
>As far as telling them, maybe you should tell Mango and Riptide (And maybe Rosie too, unless you think she'll panic or something) at least. If what the Merfolk are doing is putting them in danger they have a right to know after all
>We can tell her sure
>We really should just tell her everything. She seems like the kinda girl who's gonna be able to tell you're not telling the whole truth and get angry that you didn't.

Yeah, I should at least tell Mango about what I saw. I can always decide for the others later.

>As for Echo... ask him how his civilization gets along with the merfolk.
>Echo's not a shark and so is probably fine, and you just met him so this whole shark fin murder thing is a bit much to dump on him right away

Finn: "Echo, what is the Deep Dark denizens opinion on the merfolk?"

Echo's endless smile fades.

Echo: "I'm not sure what they are, but I've heard others talk about them... They sound dangerous! I wasn't sure if they were real!"

>Wonder where that guy's going to so fast
>You’re staring off in that direction, she’s probably trying to see what you’re looking at.

I'm not sure where I was looking since I was lost in thoughts, looking at where she's looking, her head is more on a swivel. Do I really look everywhere like that when I think? Am I doing that now?!?! That or it's hard to convey movement sometimes, I don't know.

Finn: "What is-?"

As I noticed already, seems like people around are swimming somewhere. I think that's what she was looking at. Seems like everyone is swimming in the same direction. Hopefully they are not swimming from anything?

Mango: "Wait, I'll ask her there."

Mango launches herself upward after saying that to reach a lady shark that was swimming over us. She slows her swim as Mango approaches and they exchange words. After info is exchanged, the other sharks immediately resumes swimming as Mango hurries back with a surprised expression.

Mango: "Dude, there's a Merfolk at the other side of the park! Come on!"
>>
No. 947822 ID: 0d5cb3
File 157205209371.png - (77.28KB , 800x600 , 019.png )
947822

Wh-!?! As soon as she says that, she lands, grabs my arm, and then pull me while launching herself again, but now in the direction where everyone else is heading. Again, I have to make an effort not to eat sand as I try to start swimming after her.

Finn: "Echo, follow us! Mango! Wait!"

I start swimming after her. I'm not sure how much I can tell her while swimming... Once I reach her I try to at least tell her.

Finn: "Mango! There's actually something I'd want to tell you about the merfolks! Preferably alone!"

Mango: "What? Do you know something about this?"

Finn: "Yesterday, Ammy asked me to help her with something... Yeah, I know something. Maybe not about this right now, but... Yeah."

Mango: "Woah dude... Might have to wait, look!"

We can see a group of shark standing on the ground surrounding... well from here it's like a green person, but Merfolks are green, so I'm guessing this is it. Some other sharks are swimming about to get a view from above, though they sometimes go back to the ground to take a breather. Seems like 2 sharks are addressing the Merfolk while the rest watch and converses.
>>
No. 947823 ID: 0d5cb3
File 157205209749.png - (55.09KB , 800x600 , 020.png )
947823

We all land near the circle. I start to make my way through people, pretty much everyone gets out of the way with gentle pushes. They probably can tell I just swam here and would rather approach on the ground. Once I get to the edge of the inner circle, I stop.

Shelly?!?

She has not noticed me yet so I stay in the crowd for now. Should I make myself known?

Shark Dude: "Look, we can't help you find who you're looking for if you don't tell us who it is."

Shelly: "I- I just- have to look around and I'll find him! I think... They might not be in this town!"

Shark Lady: "And we can save you time if we know him. We can't just let you swim free. Do you know how suspicious your kind have been lately!?"

Someone from the crowd yells at the group in the middle.

Crowd Shark 1: "She's a scout, I'm telling you!"

Shelly: "I'm not! I'm not here to mess with anyone!!!"

Shark Lady: "Hey, whoever said that, you're not helping!"

Shark Dude: "I'm sorry, but we'd be more comfortable if you just leave."

Crowd Shark 2: "We're just letting her go free!?"

Mango: "Holy shit... I never seen a Merfolk before..."

Crowd Shark 3: "She's just gonna go tell her friends which of us is vulnerable or something! Ripe for the picking!"

Crowd Shark 4: "... They sent her to distract us, haven't they. Like, wow. What the hell."


>>
No. 947825 ID: e7c7d3

I think you'll have to step up. There's some level heads to protect her here, but what about the next group she runs into?
>>
No. 947826 ID: b1b4f3

>>947823
You'd better get down there before things turn ugly. That also means you're gonna have to apologize for lying to her.
But hey, this means you have EXTREMELY solid evidence that the Merfolk are up to no good. They were not shy with their propaganda, and she can tell the authorities all about it. Somebody needs to go get Ammy so that she can help with the explanations.
>>
No. 947827 ID: 548a98

>>947823
>t h i c c mermaid

You go see here after all...
“You... you look so familiar. H-how do I know you?”
>>
No. 947835 ID: eeb7d9

Ok i am new at all this shark quest thing, but the story is too intriguing to ignore.

I suggest that you go and help her out. She came for you, don't know why tho, but she can be of real help to discover what is the deal with the merfolk. Firstly we need to get her out of this mess. We could tell Mango to go and fetch Ammy. In the mean time, you do what you do best: use that silver tunge of yours to tell the sharks some bullshit about you accidentaly contacting her by mistake. As for Shelly, we can tell her what happened AFTER we get her out of this.
>>
No. 947844 ID: a9af05

>>947826
This
>>
No. 947845 ID: e7848c

>>947823
You know what? Step up. You can help vouch for her to this crowd and she can help vouch for you to the police.
>>
No. 947886 ID: 15a025

Looks like you're going to have to break things up Finn. Swim in and re-introduce yourself to her. Pretend you don't know her though, it might draw un-wanted attention from the crowd otherwise.
>>
No. 947901 ID: feecd8

>>947823
Go help her. Just let Mango know that you'll explain you helping Shelly later when you're in a more private place.
>>
No. 947915 ID: a05054

>>947823
Make yourself known.
"Miss, please leave. No harm'll come to you if you do. Tensions between sharks 'n' Merfolk at the moment are fairly high; last thing we need's some sort of easily-prevented incident. If you'd like to talk in private, away from the angry crowd, I'm willing to do so."
>>
No. 947944 ID: 91ee5f

>>947823
Go help, but don’t call her by her name. The crowd will get suspicious if you know her name.

Do your best to not let things escalate.
>>
No. 948567 ID: 76349d

Jeeze, well this is going to be pretty awkward if she see you. I feel like keeping up the lie would be bad and also not work or help this situation at all, but spilling the truth might just wreck her opinion of sharks, and she could be a major help in repairing your species' relationship.
What if... You get Mango and Echo to approach her, and tell her they know who she's looking for, and that he is a good friend of theirs (neither of which are lies, technically). Echo is a deep dark denizen, and while he is a cinnamon roll of a character, if he went in, acting like he knew what he was doing, and loudly declaring that he knows this merfolk and needs to talk to her in private, I feel like everyone might be so shocked at his presence that they would just assume what he's doing was important and accept whatever he says. Mango being there and supporting Echo might also assure the crowd that whatever's happening, sharks won't be getting the short straw.
Of course, this is a lot to dump on Echo and Mango all at once. But if you promise to tell them everything just as soon as they get Shelly away from the group, I think they'll trust you.
>>
No. 948819 ID: 0d5cb3
File 157301122040.png - (65.19KB , 800x600 , 021.png )
948819

>What if... You get Mango and Echo to approach her, and tell her they know who she's looking for, and that he is a good friend of theirs (neither of which are lies, technically).

I think of many ways to approach this, what to say, what to consider, what kind of damage control I'd have to make. But then I think of sending Mango and Echo in to save her. If I can get everyone away from this crowd, then I can explain it all. Trying to keep a facade or come clean in front of everyone might be a good way to not only spook Shelly, but turn the crowd against me. Mango would have less to explain if she's also unaware of what is going on, right...? If she pulls it off, I'll have a lot to owe her.

I bring both Mango and Echo in a huddle.

Finn: "Mango, you remember what I just said about knowing what is going on and that I would tell you what is happening afterward? Well I need you and Echo to go in there and help this Merfolk."

Mango: "Woah what!"

Finn: "Ssshhh quiet!" I look around to see if anyone is paying attention, luckily I just spot a couple of uninterested glances. "Look, tell them she's a friend of mine, but keep my identity vague. Her name is Shelly. You should be able to vouch for her being nice. Just be friendly and act natural, but text or call me if anything ends up going wrong! Bring her to..."

Dang, I don't know where to take her for the meet. My house? What if they are followed? Near the Deep Dark? That might spook her still and eavesdroppers are more likely... A sunken ship? that might still come off as sketchy...
>>
No. 948821 ID: eeb7d9

Maybe Ammy's place? She will immediately understand the situation, and i doubt that people will actually follow them there.
>>
No. 948847 ID: 83bf07

>>948819
A public place with a private booth? A restaurant?
>>
No. 948888 ID: efa420

>>948821
Ammunition probably would have a better understanding of what’s happening than others.
>>
No. 948927 ID: 8b660e

>>948888
AMMY, I meant to say Ammy (fucking autocorrect...)
>>
No. 948928 ID: c0e130

>>948819
I think somewhere just within the Deep Dark is our best bet in this case. We've got a denizen of it right here with us.
>>
No. 949144 ID: 15a025

Sounds like Ammy's place might be our best meet up spot.
>>
No. 949153 ID: a9af05

>>949144
This
>>
No. 949571 ID: 83bf07

>>948888
>>948927
No, no..
Ammunition might be just what we need in a worst case scenario.
>>
No. 951150 ID: 0d5cb3
File 157574732831.png - (69.28KB , 800x600 , 022.png )
951150

>I think somewhere just within the Deep Dark is our best bet in this case. We've got a denizen of it right here with us.

You know, with Echo here, This is pretty surreal to me. The Deep Dark was always this thing to fear. I'm not even sure how deep it is. I think we learned it back in school, but I'll admit I didn't really try to remember the number. Still, with Echo, I wonder how far he went to even get to where he could speak with me and Rosie...

>Maybe Ammy's place? She will immediately understand the situation, and i doubt that people will actually follow them there.
>Ammy probably would have a better understanding of what’s happening than others.

Finn: "You know where Ammy lives, right?"

Mango: "Uhh, I think so..."

Finn: "I think this might be the best spot. She might be able to help with what I can't fill in actually. We can text each other to keep each other updated. Alright? Can you both do this?"

Mango and Echo looks at each other for a moment, Echo smiles.

Mango: "Sure. If doing this will answer some questions, then hey, let's do this!"

Echo: "Let's save the new cute!"

With that, I start walking away through the crowd, and once I'm out I start swimming a bit. I try not to move away from the ground while in the vicinity of the crowd... it's a bit hard not to look conspicuous out in the open here. but I manage to get some distance that it looks like no one noticed me, or if anyone did, no one is following, and I go full swim towards Ammy's place... I should probably text Ammy to tell her what is going on.

Finn: "Ammy! I'm on my way to your hut. And later, 3 of my friends will also arrive. A shark, an angler fish and a merfolk. I'll explain why once I get there!"

It takes some minutes before she replies.

Ammy: "What have you been doing since last night?!? It is barely noon! A merfolk is among them?!? I'm sorry Finn, but I would rather you don't lead the enemy to my home. Please lead them to the Crescent Rock instead. I will meet you there... This will delay my preparations."

Oh whoops. Well, Crescent Rock might be a decent spot too. It's still out of the way and nearby-ish of Ammy's hut. If Ammy prefers that spot, it should be good then right? I text Mango to tell her the new spot. She text me back to say that there was a bit of resistance but she successfully got a very confused Shelly out of the very confused Shark crowd. Echo is making friends?
>>
No. 951151 ID: 0d5cb3
File 157574733293.png - (97.73KB , 800x600 , 023.png )
951151

After some time, I arrive at Crescent Rock. This spot, as far as I know, has nothing going on. But the rock is shaped in a Crescent so some like to check it out sometimes. Especially if they visit. Lots of pictures have been taken in front of it. But most times, it's very quiet.
>>
No. 951152 ID: 0d5cb3
File 157574733504.png - (70.93KB , 800x600 , 024.png )
951152

After waiting for a minute or so, I spot the group coming over. Mango and Echo lands near me, but Shelly lags behind once she's close enough to see me better. She floats some feet away from me.

Shelly: "... You're not a-"

She cuts her phrase short as she glances at Mango and Echo. She's looking embarrassed.
>>
No. 951154 ID: b1b4f3

>>951152
Apologize for the deception, you meant no harm. You were on a mission to find out what the merfolk were doing, and had to hide in her room for a bit.
>>
No. 951155 ID: ba3f1d

>>951152
Oh shit she knows...

Uhhhhh... apologize?
>>
No. 951164 ID: 4c2615

Just apologize, don’t even give an excuse until she asks because she’s probably upset and angry with you now.
>>
No. 951165 ID: eeb7d9

I owe you an apology. It wasn't my intention to lie to you but i really couldn't take chances of letting myself get caught in that place. So i had to make a convincing lie (I am actually surpriced that that worked at all).
Any way, You were just trying to find out if the merfolk were behind shark disapearences, and from what i've seen there, it might be true.
But not only that; it seems to be a bit of misinformation about our species. Just like with Heco here. We have been always told that merfolk were to be feared and heated, just like the people of the Deep Dark. But now i am not so sure about all that. I met both of you and you are nothing but good people. Shelly, you yourself don't seem to know what is happening in that place, so there must be something that is being kept secret from your whole race.

I am not going to hope for you to forgive me, i just want you to understand why i did what i did, and that it wasn't my intention to harm you at all.
>>
No. 951192 ID: 7ad6c9

Text ammy some more details before she gets here: the merfolk is Shelly, a princess you met while investigating their palace. You befriended here, but only by lying to her that you were secretly her ghost lover. Now she's here and she's probably a bit pissed off, but! This is possibly the best chance you will have to work out all this merfolk business non-violently, and prevent any further escalation.
>>
No. 951193 ID: b1b4f3

>>951192
Ammy was watching during the scouting mission, up until we went past the shielded door. All we'd have to say is that it's the merfolk lady from the mission.
>>
No. 951212 ID: 83bf07

>>951152
Start with apologies. You can move into explanations after that.
>>
No. 952577 ID: ea81d3
File 157800237472.png - (73.96KB , 800x600 , 025.png )
952577

>Apologize for the deception, you meant no harm. You were on a mission to find out what the merfolk were doing, and had to hide in her room for a bit.
>Oh shit she knows... Uhhhhh... apologize?
>Just apologize, don’t even give an excuse until she asks because she’s probably upset and angry with you now.
>I owe you an apology. It wasn't my intention to lie to you but i really couldn't take chances of letting myself get caught in that place. I am not going to hope for you to forgive me, i just want you to understand why i did what i did, and that it wasn't my intention to harm you at all.
>Start with apologies. You can move into explanations after that.

Finn: "Ok. First thing's first, I'm sorry that I lied to you. No excuse, just sorry."

Shelly studies my face for a moment. She looks to Mango and Echo and finally says:

Shelly: "Can I maybe talk to you without an audience?"

I look to Mango and we exchange a shrug.

Finn: "Sure."

Mango tells Echo to follow her closer to the Crescent while I take some steps closer to Shelly, but I still keep some feet away from her. Shelly grabs and fidgets with her shell nervously. She then looks up to me.

Shelly: "Why would you tell anyone all the things you told me to begin with?"

Finn: "Honestly? I kinda panicked. I couldn't take chances of letting myself get caught in that place so I just kinda started improvising a story."

Shelly: "Caught?"

>Any way, You were just trying to find out if the merfolk were behind shark disapearences, and from what i've seen there, it might be true.

Finn: "Some sharks have been disappearing lately and it was believed that the Merfolk were behind it. I was there to investigate and from what I found after I left you, seems like it might be true."

Shelly: She talks at a low volume to herself "Is this true...?" then fully addresses me. "But sharks are the ones that are a danger to the merfolk?"
>>
No. 952578 ID: ea81d3
File 157800237844.png - (63.24KB , 800x600 , 026.png )
952578

>But not only that; it seems to be a bit of misinformation about our species. Just like with Echo here. We have been always told that merfolk were to be feared and heated, just like the people of the Deep Dark. But now i am not so sure about all that. I met both of you and you are nothing but good people. Shelly, you yourself don't seem to know what is happening in that place, so there must be something that is being kept secret from your whole race.

Finn: "All of our species seems to have been misinformed about one another. Just like Echo over there." I gesture to him as he and Mango talk among themselves while keeping an eye on us. "Us sharks were always told to avoid Merfolks and Deep Sea folks, but having met you both, you are nothing but good people. From what I can tell, there are merfolk lying about sharks to keep us as enemies."

Shelly: "... This all seems so far-fetched and you lied to me already once. How can I believe this?"

Finn: "I've apologized, and part of apologizing is not repeating what I apologized for. This is all as true as I can tell it. How dangerous are we suppose to be? Did Mango do anything to you? What about that crowd you were surrounded by. Sure, they were distrusting of you, but you seem like you got out of it."

Shelly: "... That is true." Then mostly to herself "But why would we be lied to?" back to me "A friend of mine seems to be extremely convinced that sharks are evil."

She swims a bit toward me.

Shelly: "What does she know that I don't?"
>>
No. 952581 ID: b1b4f3

>>952578
Extremely convinced? So like, more than buying into the propaganda? I wonder if there are some bad sharks doing something to Merfolk? Or maybe she ran across a shark out in the ocean and got attacked out of fear? I wish we could talk to her friend to find out what her deal is.
Tell Shelly you don't know what's with her friend, but if she could find out that could help. Also if she can find other merfolk willing to give sharks a chance that'd be nice. Speaking of hidden information, you should tell her what you saw behind that door. Sharks are being kidnapped and de-finned, then most likely used as slave labor. You didn't confirm what happened to the sharks afterwards because you were scared it was something worse, but that's what it looked like. Also you got caught and someone tried to kill you via your projection, so that's not great.
>>
No. 952592 ID: ce39da

"For all I know, a group of sharks did do something horrible to your people, but it had to have been a long, long time ago, I think, else I'd know about it. Or not. It's also possible that the hostilities between our species led to your friend having a bad experience. I can't say for sure, either way."
>>
No. 952629 ID: 83bf07

I don't know. Maybe one day we could find out. But we'll need to work together. Trust each other.
>>
No. 952752 ID: 15a025

It's more like, what does she think she knows? Ask her about what kind of horrible things she's heard about sharks? Maybe there's something super not true we could disprove to break the ice?
>>
No. 953060 ID: 92aaf8

You're a princess right? So, do you know much about your history? When did this conflict between sharks and merfolk start? Why did it start?
>>
No. 953104 ID: ea81d3
File 157860170336.png - (44.42KB , 800x600 , 027.png )
953104

>Tell Shelly you don't know what's with her friend, but if she could find out that could help.
>I don't know. Maybe one day we could find out.
>It's more like, what does she think she knows? Ask her about what kind of horrible things she's heard about sharks? Maybe there's something super not true we could disprove to break the ice?

Finn: "I don't know what's with your friend, but if you could find out, that could help."

Shelly: "Oh, I know: her p-" She stops herself in a bit of a startle. "Never mind! S-she does not want me to tell others about it..."

> I wonder if there are some bad sharks doing something to Merfolk?
>"For all I know, a group of sharks did do something horrible to your people, but it had to have been a long, long time ago, I think, else I'd know about it. Or not. It's also possible that the hostilities between our species led to your friend having a bad experience. I can't say for sure, either way."

Finn: "... Well, I just want to say that I could believe that there are a group of sharks that that did horrible things to the Merfolks, but it must have been a long time ago since I never heard of anything like that happening recently. Unless they were very secret about it."

Shelly: She lowers her head. "...That would make shark pretty much like regular people." She wrings her hands nervously, then looks back up to me. "Are you gonna try to find those bad sharks?"

Finn: "I am trying to figure out what is going on, and if they are involved, sure."

She seems oddly uneasy about that answer. Like someone scolding her.

>Dialogue

Finn: "By the way, you're a princess right?"

She blushes more and looks down as she answers.

Shelly: "Ah... no... I'm a palace companion... for special guests..."

Mango: "Finn, who's that!?"
>>
No. 953105 ID: ea81d3
File 157860170711.png - (79.93KB , 800x600 , 028.png )
953105

Someone is approaching us! They must have snuck up on us a little since they are surprisingly close. They keep moving towards me and Shelly at a brisk pace.
>>
No. 953106 ID: f0fa52

>>953105
It's Ammy. Cool outfit.
>>
No. 953107 ID: a9af05

>>953104
>"Oh, I know: her p-" She stops herself in a bit of a startle. "Never mind! S-she does not want me to tell others about it..."
I think she was about to mention something about her friend's parents.

>She seems oddly uneasy about that answer. Like someone scolding her.
She probably thinks you believe it's the merpeople doing the bad things and you don't fully believe sharks are at fault at all.

>>953105
Ask Ammy why she's wearing that outfit? Also, make sure you stand between her and Shelly.

You heard how Ammy sounded on the phone. It's possible that she might try doing something to Shelly. So you need to try and prevent Ammy from possibly doing something as an overreaction.
>>
No. 953108 ID: 83bf07

>>953105
Sweet outfit! You know it probably Ammy but make a show of moving in front of Shelly anyways. Ask her what's the news.
>>
No. 953128 ID: ce39da

"Relax, she's not here to cause trouble - not intentionally, anyway. I'm honestly more worried for her than about her if we're talking about threats to people's safety."
>>
No. 953131 ID: 33adb3

I guess is Ammy? I hope she is.
Time to explain what is going on.
>>
No. 953432 ID: ea81d3
File 157903587503.png - (55.14KB , 800x600 , 029.png )
953432

>Ask Ammy why she's wearing that outfit? Also, make sure you stand between her and Shelly.
>You know it probably Ammy but make a show of moving in front of Shelly anyways. Ask her what's the news.

I move in front of Shelly while I address Ammy.

Finn: "Hey Ammy! Wha-"

Ammy: "YOU! Quiet! Do not say that name!" She raises her staff looking thing.

Ammy: "Br'ee's weh ee-ceh't o' yoo!"

Her staff makes some kind of magic thing form above everyone's head, like a funnel originating from the top of her staff. I extend an arm one side and my tail the other to try and shield Shelly as I back up one step.

>You heard how Ammy sounded on the phone. It's possible that she might try doing something to Shelly. So you need to try and prevent Ammy from possibly doing something as an overreaction.
>Dialogue

I extend an arm one side and my tail the other to try and shield Shelly as I back up one step.

Finn: "Wait! You have to relax! she's not here to cause trouble!"

Ammy: "Br'ee's pah'rl soo o' yoo!"

Another pulse through the magic above us, making it change color! I look back to Shelly who seems afraid, but seems to accept my interference as she seem to try to hide behind me.

Finn: "Ammy! I don't know what you think she's doing, but it's not intentional!"
>>
No. 953433 ID: ea81d3
File 157903588065.png - (96.77KB , 800x600 , 030.png )
953433

Ammy: "Pro-tek soo yoo eh'r!"

Ammy then plunge her staff into the sand in front of her. Another pulse goes through the magic above, but this time, the water along the the pulse distorts downward in a way I've never seen. I bring my arm in front of me in a way to try and block it, not knowing what will happen when it hits me. When it does I expect pain! But instead I suddenly feel like gravity is pulling me down harder than usual. I also have trouble breathing until I realize that I have to change how I breath. I take a moment to look around to see what happens and now see that the area looks different, but I'm unsure how. There seem to be a curtain of some kind at the edge of the magic above surrounding us, with the staff being it's source at the center.

Shelly: "Oh gods! What is happening!? Is- Is the water gone?!"

I look back to see that Shelly is on the sea floor trying to hold herself up a bit with her arms. I also notice now that my feet sinks a bit in the wet sand. I look over to Ammy.

Finn: "What happened! What did you do!?"

Ammy let's go of her staff, leaving it sticking where she planted it. She starts approaching us.

Ammy: "Relax, F-... You. The merfolk is right. I created an area of oxygen to prevent any swimmers from escaping. This is for our safety. Now she cannot run."

Finn: "She wasn't going to!"

Shelly: "I- I wasn't!"
>>
No. 953434 ID: ea81d3
File 157903588331.png - (35.98KB , 800x600 , 031.png )
953434

Ammy: "Step aside, shark-folk. You, merfolk! Do not try anything." She pulls out a pink crystal on a string and begins to step around me to approach Shelly, who shows signs of panic with her ability to swim being taken from her.

Mango and Echo seems to be trying to deal with the water being gone, Mango recovering a bit by starting to make her way to us and Echo just seem resolved to just sitting on the sand while still visibly confused.
>>
No. 953436 ID: b1b4f3

>>953434
Tell her you're not going to step aside. This could be an opportunity for peace, and you will not let that go to waste. She needs to explain what she's doing first, and if you don't like it you're going to stop her.
>>
No. 953439 ID: 91ee5f

>>953433
>Relax, F-... You.
Ammy is trying to hide your identity. You should tell her that Shelly already knows your name.

>>953434
Tell her that you’re not going to move! She needs to explain what she’s doing right now or you will carry Shelly to the water and let her swim away!

Tell Ammy that she needs to calm down right now!
>>
No. 953442 ID: e2e941

Bring the water back and/or tell me what you doin or we gonna fight.
>>
No. 953443 ID: 3ed3c3

>>953434
Screw it. Tackle her and cut that witch crap off.
>>
No. 953492 ID: 83bf07

>>953434
Stand your ground, do not escalate. You're Shelly's only defense right now. Peace requires bravery and self sacrifice. Ammy can be dramatic, be we can make our point too.
>>
No. 953532 ID: ce39da

"If you're doing the worst of what I think you might be doing, you must know that'll only prove they were right about us!"
>>
No. 953724 ID: d152c2

>>953434
Tell her right now we were talking peacefully she decided to butt in. Make sure to use her name and don't let her stop you. Let her know that you've got this and she needs to trust you. If she tries to incant any spells or tries any magic do what >>953443 said and tackle her. Don't let her speak, make sure to hold her mouth closed, until she understands your position and the fact that Shelly isn't a threat. Ammy really didn't need to escalate this as much as she did and we shouldn't be happy that she's letting paranoia dictate her actions.
>>
No. 953734 ID: b1b4f3

Hey, stopping Ammy at least long enough to clear things up is a good idea. Ignoring her request to avoid names is not a good idea.
>>
No. 953750 ID: a9af05

>>953434
Tell her that if she doesn't stop right now, you will punch her in the face! You had things perfectly under control until she decided to start doing this magic stuff!

Then tell her that it's overreactions like this that has lead to the sharks and merfolk hating each other! If we want to settle this peacefully, we need to talk to each other!
>>
No. 953831 ID: 15a025

Ammy, explain what it is you're trying to accomplish here. If you're trying to attack shelly, you're only proving to her sharks are dangerous!
>>
No. 954095 ID: ea81d3
File 157972615014.png - (64.75KB , 800x600 , 032.png )
954095

>Tell her you're not going to step aside. This could be an opportunity for peace, and you will not let that go to waste. She needs to explain what she's doing first, and if you don't like it you're going to stop her.
>Tell her that you’re not going to move! She needs to explain what she’s doing right now or you will carry Shelly to the water and let her swim away!
>Stand your ground, do not escalate. You're Shelly's only defense right now. Peace requires bravery and self sacrifice. Ammy can be dramatic, be we can make our point too.
>"If you're doing the worst of what I think you might be doing, you must know that'll only prove they were right about us!"
>Tell her right now we were talking peacefully she decided to butt in.
>Hey, stopping Ammy at least long enough to clear things up is a good idea.
>Ammy, explain what it is you're trying to accomplish here. If you're trying to attack shelly, you're only proving to her sharks are dangerous!

I move along with her to continue blocking her.

Finn: "Wait! You have to tell me what you are doing. Because if you plan on hurting her, it'll make things worst!"

Ammy: "Hurt her?!" she pauses as she looks at Shelly and back to me. "... I'm sorry, F- ahhh" She stumbles in her words again trying to avoid saying my name.

>Ammy is trying to hide your identity. You should tell her that Shelly already knows your name.

Finn: "It's ok, she knows my name already."

Ammy pauses to, I assume, analyse Shelly, then she looks at me again. At this point, Mango as reached my side as she listen to the conversation, joining me in standing in Ammy's way, more or less.

Ammy: "Alright, F-Finn, I want to apologize as my actions may not be clear to you, but I have no intention in hurting her."

Mango: "Really?! You think this isn't hurting her?!"

Ammy: "I would be surprised if it did and would apologize if it is the case. But to be sure, ask her."

I kneel and turn to Shelly to speak to her face to face. I also offer a hand to assist in her attempt at sitting up straight, and she accepts it.

Finn: "... Shelly, are you hurt?"

She looks at me for a beat and then exhale like she was holding her breath.

Shelly: "Wh- oh, no, I- I think I'm fine. I-I'm just-" She begins to blush. "I would like to be able to swim again, t-that's all."

Ammy: "I came here with a plan Finn. Yes, it was short notice, but if I wanted to hurt her, you would know. Severely... Though rest assure that I do not do this kind of things, even with the know-how."

Finn: "... Well, you still spooked her. We're trying for peace here and this act you just did isn't really helping."

Ammy: "Finn. I understand your noble attempt, but know that nothing can be done completely cleanly. You can try and make everyone feel safe and someone will take advantage of it sooner or later. I agree that not all Merfolks are villains, but don't fool yourself into believing that none of them are. Which brings us to this: I still feel that precautions needs to be taken." She holds up the pink crystal. "This is only meant to glow brighter when it detects magic in a very narrow proximity."

Finn: "Magic? Why would she have anything magic?" I look to Shelly who now tries to avert her gaze from us.

Ammy: "Do you remember the Merfolk who hurt you? I would believe they would be working with this one in some way." This time Shelly looks at us again, but she scans my body with a furrowed brow. "Do you still have any objections, Finn? Or may I resume? Checking her for magical items is the last thing I want to do, then I'll return the water." She pull a small blue box from her pouch. "I assume whatever she has will fit in this, if it is dangerous to us... it's effect will be neutralized while it is contained."
>>
No. 954097 ID: b1b4f3

>>954095
Sounds fine to me. She might even have something on her that she doesn't know is magic. Obviously Ammy suspects a listening device, something to broadcast what she sees and hears back to the merfolk in charge.
>>
No. 954104 ID: ce39da

"If that's all... then yeah, I'm fine with it - especially since if there's something she isn't aware of, I'm sure she'd want to know about it. Does that sound okay to you, Shelly?"
>>
No. 954188 ID: 83bf07

>>954095
That seems mild enough. "Shelly, we have to be sure we're not being watched." Go ahead.
>>
No. 954725 ID: ea81d3
File 158024916095.png - (68.07KB , 800x600 , 033.png )
954725

>Sounds fine to me. She might even have something on her that she doesn't know is magic. Obviously Ammy suspects a listening device, something to broadcast what she sees and hears back to the merfolk in charge.
>Dialogue
>That seems mild enough. [Dialogue] Go ahead.

Finn: "If that's all... then yeah, I'm fine with it - especially since if there's something she isn't aware of, I'm sure she'd want to know about it." I turn to Shelly "Shelly, we have to be sure we're not being watched. Does that sound okay to you, Shelly?"

Shelly takes a short moment to think of an answer with everyone waiting on her for one.

Shelly: "O-ok wait, look! I didn't- I told my friend it was fine but she really wanted me to have plan Bs. I just wanted to talk to you, Finnegan..."

As she says this she grabs her shell that she wears around her neck and fiddles with it a bit.

Finn: "We just want to make sure it's safe for us. It might just be a listening device!"

Shelly thinks for a moment and then she let's go of my hand to grab something on the other side of her shell. She pulls out a gem of some kind, a blue one.

Shelly: "That is one of the things this do, yeah..."

She hands it to me, to which I hand it to Ammy. Ammy then puts the gem in the blue container she has. The inside of it is red and seems to be glowing as she puts the gem in, but she closes it soon enough after that I am not sure if I saw right.

Ammy: "Thank you for you cooperation, but I still want to make sure. You have to understand that we do not know you and precautions are to be taken for our peace of mind."

Shelly: "It's ok, do what you will, I have nothing else to hide."

Shelly then shifts her body from her "sitting" position to lean her upper body against me and swings her tail around to extend it to lay herself out.

Shelly is soft.

Finn: "woAh! Careful!"

Shelly: "Ah sorry!"

I try to hold her up better as she move away a bit, realizing how close she got, blushing.

Mango: "Wow. Look at her wriggling against you." she says in a deadpan tone. Shelly blushes even more and I do feel a bit warmer around the face. I think I hear Mango giggle, so there's that.

She then waits as Ammy hovers the crystal along Shelly, head fin to tail fin. The crystal doesn't react.

Ammy: "Good. She's clear."
>>
No. 954726 ID: ea81d3
File 158024916515.png - (130.53KB , 800x600 , 034.png )
954726

Ammy then put the pink crystal back in her pouch, then takes the gem out of the blue container again. She turns her back to us and holds it out upward as if to try to get some light through it then lift the front of her veil thingie.

Ammy: "... Well, she is not lying. Most of this gem seems to be communication magic..." After some more seconds, she turns her head to look toward Shelly. "Teleportation?"

Shelly lowers her head down in a guilty manner.

Shelly: "Yeah... my friend wanted a way for me to quickly escape."

Ammy: "... Your friend cares for you quite a bit it seems."

This seems to manage to make Shelly smile amidst everything. Ammy continues to move the gem around as she analyses it. Suddenly she stops for a moment. She lowers the gem slowly, but then quickly puts it back into the blue container. She turns to Shelly, pauses and then addresses her.

Ammy: "... What else does this gem do?"

Shelly: "I- I dunno, I think it was the talking part and the teleportation? Why?"

Ammy: "Your friend never mentioned anything else?"

Shelly: "I..." She pauses "I don't know."

Shelly seems uncomfortable again. Ammy brings up the container to make it more visible.

Ammy: "Merfolk! If this does anything else, you have to tell us if you want us to trust you!"

Shelly seems a bit spooked for a second but recovers.

Shelly: "Y-You're right. To be honest, I truly don't know! My friend was vague about anything else she put in it, but seems to think it would make me the safest! But she wouldn't tell me what it was!"

Ammy: "Well I have a vague idea of what it is. Finn, you remember the red gem that mage hurt you with? This gem here has traces of that magic here."

Finn: "What?! Wait would that still hurt me?"

Ammy: "That gem she carries is for offensive magic, it can hurt anyone."

Finn: "Well what does it do then!? If it's meant to protect Shelly?!"

Ammy: "I do not know. I could only determine that the magic is within this, not what it does..."
>>
No. 954727 ID: ea81d3
File 158024916805.png - (65.88KB , 800x600 , 035.png )
954727

She looks at the blue container for a moment. Then holds it toward me.

Ammy: "You seem to want to handle this situation Finn. I will let you decide what to do with this and when, BUT! You have to keep in mind all the things this gem does. This container is neutralizing the gem's magic capabilities. Only return the gem to her once you are ready for her to leave you and-" She looks at Shelly for a moment. "It would be best if you make sure you are not around her when you do."

I take the container, and examine it for a moment.

Ammy: "Also, please return the container to me after it has been emptied. I will head back home now to prepare for what we talked about. Know that my aim is to finish this as soon as possible, so be ready when I summon you. If you have any questions or things you would like to tell me, now is the time before my leave. Walk with me, I think this merfolk has had enough sand for now."

Mango: "Yeah, I hope I can be around for explanations? Everything's been real weird..."

Ammy: "... Finn if you trust this one and think we could use her help, I would be fine with this."
>>
No. 954729 ID: cdabe3

I think she’s trustworthy.
>>
No. 954732 ID: e7848c

>>954727
We can trust Mango. But I don't think Echo signed up for any of this. He shouldn't have to come along if he doesn't want to. Apologies to Shelly for the precautions.
>>
No. 954734 ID: b1b4f3

>>954727
Hmph. This is a bit suspicious, but reasonable precautions for a merfolk venturing into shark territory, I suppose. Hmmmmm... well, first thing's first. Ask Shelly what she knows about how the de-finning operation works. Do the Merfolk know where the sharks go afterwards? How many Merfolk are as convinced as her friend is that sharks are evil? WHY do they need shark fins for food anyway? Is it just some delicacy for the upper class?
>>
No. 954796 ID: e51896

>>954734
this
>>
No. 955244 ID: 15a025

Mango's our friend, of course we can trust her. Echo seems nice enough, but we shouldn't drag him into this if he doesn't want to.
>>
No. 955712 ID: ea81d3
File 158110739506.png - (62.54KB , 800x600 , 036.png )
955712

>I think she’s trustworthy.
>We can trust Mango. But I don't think Echo signed up for any of this. He shouldn't have to come along if he doesn't want to.
>Mango's our friend, of course we can trust her. Echo seems nice enough, but we shouldn't drag him into this if he doesn't want to.

Finn: "I'm fine with it too, I do trust her."

Ammy: "Let's hope it is not misplaced then."

Mango: "What's that suppose to mean?!"

Ammy: "Nothing major, but I believe not everyone is to be trusted. Even those with good intention might accidentally impede progress. I do hope that upcoming events will be positive and swift. And since Finn trust you, I hope you'll aid us in that endeavor."

She looks to Echo.

Ammy: "What about this one?"

Finn: "I'd rather not bring him into it. I don't think he'd like that."

Ammy: "Alright." She turns to Mango "We'll be seeing each other later then?"

Mango: "I guess?"

Ammy then turns away and continues to her staff to remove it from the ground. Suddenly all the water above us fall on us and Mango, who was the only one standing at that point, is pushed to the ground. Ammy simply continues on in the vague direction of her hut.

>Speaking of hidden information, you should tell her what you saw behind that door. Sharks are being kidnapped and de-finned, then most likely used as slave labor. You didn't confirm what happened to the sharks afterwards because you were scared it was something worse, but that's what it looked like.
>Apologies to Shelly for the precautions.
> Ask Shelly what she knows about how the de-finning operation works. Do the Merfolk know where the sharks go afterwards? How many Merfolk are as convinced as her friend is that sharks are evil? WHY do they need shark fins for food anyway? Is it just some delicacy for the upper class?
>this

Finn: "Uhh, sorry for the precautions Shelly, I wasn't expecting her to do that."

She swims from the ground and wiggles her body to get whatever sand off of her.

Shelly: "I-it's fine. I'm just glad it wasn't anything dangerous... Ummm..."

She eyes my hand that is holding the small box containing the gem. My grip around it tightens a little bit.

Finn: "Uhh, Shelly, what do you know about the shark de-finning anyway? Like how it works, what happens to the sharks afterwards?"

Shelly: "... Wait, de-finning?! That's why they are capturing Sharks?"

Finn: "Ahh, yes, That's what I discovered while scouting the palace. I found a door that lead to a room with cages and... a contraption... I couldn't figure out what they do with the sharks after they were de-finned. You know about Shark Fin Soup right?"

Shelly: "Oh my gods, you're right! If sharks are not bad, then... I have to say I'm glad I never got to taste one of those soups then!"

Finn: "Oh? Is it still hard to come by?" That's good to hear if it's not something that happens a lot at least...

Shelly: "It's fancy enough that the guests are the ones that can partake. I was under strict order to not eat any for myself because of the rarity. But I did hear that it was going to become more accessible in the future..."

Finn: "More accessible? Because..."

There's a beat, I look to Mango who is horrified since she is learning about this all for the first time. I can see in her expression that her mind is going miles a minute.
Shelly is also realizing what this means.

Finn: "They are planning to do something to get way more, aren't they?... Shelly, what can you tell me about how they do so, it could be important for us to know!"

Shelly: "I-I don't really know! Those are the types of things handled by groups that deals with that stuff. I always assumed it was some company that dealt with it, but you say they operate in the palace?... I-I guess it's possible since I have not been everywhere inside." She rubs her arms with her hands, head down. "I don't feel good. I wish I could prove this is all false..."

I take a moment before continuing...

Finn: "It has to do with how we're perceived to be evil. Does everyone think we are?"

Shelly: "More or less. It's kind of a "truth" we all believe, but... now that I'm being questioned about it, I never really thought much about it before. I just accepted it as fact and moved on from that. They do teach it to us when we're young. To warn us about you. But I think most of us assume we won't face a shark to worry about it.... Oh gods..."

Mango: "We have to do something... right? What can we even do?"

I have to think of what to do now. Anything active I can do has to be waited on Ammy for her to finish preparing. Maybe I could offer help for her to prepare faster? Is that even how that works? What about Shelly? Should I take her to the police to testify? Should I give her the gem back now or later? Is there anything I'm missing I could do? If I focus on this, what to do with Echo? Maybe I should introduce him to Rosie and Riptide so they can keep him occupied? Or just let him go back to the Deep Dark for now?
>>
No. 955713 ID: 83bf07

>>955712
Okay the quick plan for now is to just catch up with Amy real quick and ask her if you can speak to the police yet. If yes, we can bring Shelly over to testify. We can ask echo what he wants to do, meet with your other friends or go back home.
If no, I say we pick someone's house and the four of you go talk it out. It'd be cool to get insight on the shark society, the deep dark and the merfolk.
>>
No. 955726 ID: b1b4f3

>>955712
Well obviously the authorities need to be warned about a possible merfolk attack. Optimally Shelly would come with to add legitimacy to the claim, but she also needs to go back home and secretly spread the word that sharks are NOT evil, and are just regular people, with good and bad individuals just like merfolk do.

Hmm, dragging Echo into this wouldn't be great, but maybe we can ask him to get someone who *would* like to help? Like some kind of abyss-person ambassador? Or any kind of authority really. His people are a neutral party so they'd be the best for mediating between sharks and merfolk. We can buy him more sunglasses to give to whoever he chooses.
>>
No. 956189 ID: ea81d3
File 158162341578.png - (67.94KB , 800x600 , 037.png )
956189

>Okay the quick plan for now is to just catch up with Amy real quick and ask her if you can speak to the police yet. If yes, we can bring Shelly over to testify.
>Well obviously the authorities need to be warned about a possible merfolk attack. Optimally Shelly would come with to add legitimacy to the claim, but she also needs to go back home and secretly spread the word that sharks are NOT evil, and are just regular people, with good and bad individuals just like merfolk do.

Finn: "Uhhh, just a sec, you guys wait here!"

I start making my way toward where Ammy left while I pull out my phone to send a quick text to tell her to wait up, then swim toward her direction. Once I reach her I land on the ground next to her.

Finn: "Ammy! We were thinking about going to the police station and reporting all this, with Shelly as a witness. Does that sound like a thing we should do?"

Ammy takes a moment, then leans to the side to check behind me, then straighten herself back. She then removes her hat to look at me better.

Ammy: "Finn, Remember what I said about trust earlier? I do not always trust people's abilities, but I also do not trust people's intentions. It would be great if we could trust law enforcers, but you have to remember that they are singular individuals with their own goals and morals."

Finn: "So, we shouldn't go there?"

Ammy: "I personally would not. But what I am saying is that it would be best if you go with thoughts and planning. Do not just barge in and announce your intentions. Trust your own instinct when choosing your allies."

Finn: "... I also find it hard to believe that sharks would throw other sharks in front of the sub."

Ammy: "... Sometimes, we do not see the full picture of someone's intentions. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go prepare. Hopefully, it will not be long before I contact you. Know that I plan on getting you to the palace physically this evening. And I will try to allow for some to come with you, but I can't guarantee a number yet... It could just be one of your friends..."

Finn: "Oh, uhh, alright. I'll see you then."

Ammy: "Likewise."

Ammy puts her hat on once again and heads home, I rejoin the others.
>>
No. 956190 ID: ea81d3
File 158162341973.png - (86.51KB , 800x600 , 038.png )
956190

>We can ask echo what he wants to do, meet with your other friends or go back home.
>Hmm, dragging Echo into this wouldn't be great, but maybe we can ask him to get someone who *would* like to help? Like some kind of abyss-person ambassador? Or any kind of authority really. His people are a neutral party so they'd be the best for mediating between sharks and merfolk. We can buy him more sunglasses to give to whoever he chooses.

Once I reach them, I address Echo.

Finn: "Echo, you know what is going on?"

Echo: "Some merfolk are being mean to sharks! This one notwithstanding. Everyone is cute up here!" Shelly blushes a bit.

Finn: "Well, I was wondering what you'd want to do. We want to look into it and it could get dangerous. You can help, or you can keep hanging out with people here, I have a couple of other friends you could spend time with. Though if you feel safer with it, you can also go back home. Your choice."

Echo: "Ohhhh. Well, I'm better at hiding and catching wildlife. If it's really dangerous, I dunno if I can do a lot. But it also sounds like there's not many people that might try to stop it! I'm not sure what to do..."

>I say we pick someone's house and the four of you go talk it out. It'd be cool to get insight on the shark society, the deep dark and the merfolk.

So now I have to figure out what to do with the police thing. If I do go there, what plan should I go with? Echo seems to want to help, but in a way that would be less dangerous. I don't know if I can come up with anything, but if I can think of something, he could play a role. And if we have nothing to really do, we could go talk about our societies until I get called by Ammy. If we do this we could also get Rosie and Riptide in on it... if it's ok for them to be roped in. Then again maybe we don't have to talk about the messed up stuff, just regular day to day stuff? I'm not sure.
>>
No. 956194 ID: 996d42

I think that the less people we get into this mess the better. If it is unavoidable, we can tell them. But not now.
>>
No. 956198 ID: b1b4f3

Okay if we're not going to the police because they're "individuals" and apparently can't be trusted with saving their race from being treated like cattle, can we contact the government?
>>
No. 956206 ID: e22100

>>956190
You know what, let's try and have a last hurrah with our friends before things get heavy again. Your place, everyone BYOS (bring your own snacks)
>>
No. 956393 ID: 15a025

We should forget about the police for now. We know more right now than they do, and the police will have to follow due process and take things by the book. We'd be able act faster, and there's no guarantee they'll have the same trust in Shelly as we do.
As for who to bring with, I think it might depend on our approach. If we're going in at night and plan on being sneaky, Echo sounds like the perfect partner. Otherwise I think taking Ammy along would be smart. She's seems to be the most knowledgeable of us all.
>>
No. 956770 ID: ea81d3
File 158214030602.png - (64.68KB , 800x600 , 039.png )
956770

>Okay if we're not going to the police because they're "individuals" and apparently can't be trusted with saving their race from being treated like cattle, can we contact the government?

I'm not sure that's what Ammy was getting at. More that she herself is the one that doesn't trust people like this. If I really wanted to, I could ignore her advice and just report it normally, but she suggest to me that I should go there "with more thought". So like, I dunno. Ask the cop with the friendliest smile?

>You know what, let's try and have a last hurrah with our friends before things get heavy again. Your place, everyone BYOS (bring your own snacks)
>We should forget about the police for now. We know more right now than they do, and the police will have to follow due process and take things by the book. We'd be able act faster, and there's no guarantee they'll have the same trust in Shelly as we do.

But heh. I have to kill time until Ammy calls me, so let's try to hang out!!!

Finn: "Ok, Mango. I'll be honest. I'm not 100% sure what we can and should do. But Ammy does seem to have plans for it. Last time she projected me into the palace so I was over there like a ghost of some type?"

Mango: "Oh yeah, about that. Magic. WHAT!?!"

Finn: "Oh yeah, I guess you didn't know."

Mango: "So like, Ammy can just do magic?!"

Finn: "I'm not sure she can "just" do it. A lot of it has to be prepared. That's what I'm waiting on right now."

Shelly: "I guess my friend is better at magic then!"

Finn: "Hey, it's not a competition!"

Shelly: "I-it's not! But my friend just uses a staff and it happens!"

Finn: "Sounds cool! But it's probably just different!"

Mango: "So wait... Shelly? Magic is normal to you?"

Shelly: "As normal as having friends that can do so. I can't do any of it. The palace has a couple of mages."

Finn: "Well that will be things to take care of later. Right now I'm thinking we could just try to hang out to wait till Ammy calls me. We can call the rest of the gang for that."

Mango: "... We just hang out? I'll admit, that's gonna be tough. Gods, just doing nothing knowing all this. I guess, sometimes all that can be done is wait. Heck, maybe we can keep an eye out to make sure there's nothing suspicious..."

Shelly: "... I'm gonna need that gem if I want to go home. But it might be dangerous...?"

... Find a way to give her the stone safely, or invite her to hang out?
I do know inviting her would be riskier, we might have less places we can go and it might be best if she goes home and convince as many Merfolks that sharks are ok, if she can. But I might as well ponder the option for her to also relax with us. Feels fairer?
>>
No. 956778 ID: fa5515

Well, we do need to look after Shelly, she is in a place full of sharks and it must be pretty scary for her. So goin out to places might be a little tricky. What about your place Finn? With just your friends, she might feel a little bit safer, they are nice people after all... I hope, given she is a merfolk...
>>
No. 956831 ID: fa2754

>>956770
Offer her a choice. Learn how sharks really are and hang out with you and your buds. Maybe get her stuff back in a game of spin the bottle seashell or Truth or Dare! Or.. chicken (tuna?) out and leave now. Missing out on knowing the real Finn and possibly the most fun she's had in a while.
>>
No. 956879 ID: 422cea

>>956831
I want to see chicktuna now.
>>
No. 957099 ID: 15a025

It might be better to have her just hang with us for now. It might seem a little suspicious to the merfolk that she left to see sharks and come back saying "yeah they're fine." after all the propaganda it sounds like they're fed.
You wouldn't have a secret hang out spot or something, would you Finn?
>>
No. 958880 ID: ea81d3
File 158395909787.png - (73.51KB , 800x600 , 040.png )
958880

>Well, we do need to look after Shelly, she is in a place full of sharks and it must be pretty scary for her. So goin out to places might be a little tricky. What about your place Finn? With just your friends, she might feel a little bit safer, they are nice people after all... I hope, given she is a merfolk...
>Offer her a choice. Learn how sharks really are and hang out with you and your buds. Maybe get her stuff back in a game of spin the bottle seashell or Truth or Dare! Or.. chicken (tuna?) out and leave now. Missing out on knowing the real Finn and possibly the most fun she's had in a while.
>It might be better to have her just hang with us for now. It might seem a little suspicious to the merfolk that she left to see sharks and come back saying "yeah they're fine." after all the propaganda it sounds like they're fed. You wouldn't have a secret hang out spot or something, would you Finn?

Shelly can go home now, really. I just have to give her the stone back, but it sounds like it might be dangerous for me to do so "just like that". I'm not sure how it works, but maybe dropping it somewhere and then letting Shelly get it while I run away would work? I dunno.

Finn: "Do you want to go home now? You could hang out with us. Everyone needs to take it easy every once in a while and we're not ready to do more right away."

Shelly: "Oh! Uhhh, I want to say yes, but I should find a way to tell my friend I'm safe? I don't think I should use the gem for that since she's in control of when I go back home. But if I have a phone or something, I could tell her I'm safe... And maybe that sharks are not bad!"

Finn: "With all the propaganda, would they believe that part?"

Shelly: "... Well, maybe not. But I still would like to reassure her."

I pull out my phone and hand it to her. She fiddles with it until she holds it to to the side of her head.

Mango: "You're calling?"

Shelly: "I want her to hear my voice, so that she knows it's me!"

Mango: "Right. Don't I feel like a fool now." She says with a small shake of her head, realizing the obvious.

Shelly: "Uh, hi! Vee! It's me!- No, I'm fin- No, everything is f- What? No, it's not like that! VEE!!! I'm fine! Calm down! Nothing happened!... Yeah... Look, I'm not gonna return to the palace for a bit, I just wanted to let you know I'm ok... Oh yeah wellll. They found out about the red magic? That's mean, Vee. You didn't need to do that... Seriously, you have to think about what you do... Elder Maricia always told you that..." She turns her back from us and moves a bit away. "Look, I'm your friend. I'm not telling you this to get on your nerves. Everyone keeps telling you that you tend to act too quickly. Can't you trust me on this?... I swear we'll get together later and we'll talk about things - Not over the phone. But I've learned things and I think we need to figure some things out... I know it'll be hard, but I'm telling you, it's worth doing... Yeah... I dunno, a couple of hours?" She pulls the phone away from her ear in a quick motion while I faintly hear a lady yell "WHAT?!" from where I'm standing. Shelly brings the phone back. "Trust me, Vee!!!... Don't worry, I'll be back, alright?... See you later!"

She then hang up and turns around then pause to look at both me and Mango. We both realize we were kinda listening to her conversation the whole time and get a bit uncomfortable. Shelly forms an amused expression with a slightly furrowed brow, then approaches me to hand me my phone back.

Shelly: "She has 0 qualm about this!"

Finn: "W-wow! That's great! Hahah..."

I let out an awkward laugh while putting my phone away. Shelly looks to both of us with an hopeful smile.

Shelly: "So, what do we do now?"

Where to? I'm not sure how many people can fit in my home, but I think it would be fine? Lot of standing, probably.
The most secret hangouts I'd know are just places I know people don't go to often. If anything, here at the Crescent Rock is one of those places. Although public, people rarely bothers coming here. Some sunken ships that have not been turned into tourist traps could also be spots, assuming there are no teens that decided to hang out there. There's a couple of old wooden ships and more modern ones to choose from. The edge of the Deep Dark stretches far, so it's likely to find secluded spots along it. But, as I've found out last time, it might not be free of Deep Dark denizen eavesdropping... Though I'm still surprised that even happened, so what are the odds it happens twice?
>>
No. 958882 ID: b1b4f3

>>958880
Hang out near the abyss, maybe Echo can show you some cool stuff.
>>
No. 958884 ID: fa2754

>>958880
Honestly? Pick a ship with a decent view. Gather up the crew. We can make this our starting point for peace.
>>
No. 958989 ID: 91ee5f

>>958880
I’d say go to the arcade or something, but considering how the other sharks reacted to Shelly the first time, I don’t think we’d be able to hang out in town.

Is there something we can do out here?
>>
No. 959356 ID: ea81d3
File 158473066140.png - (67.49KB , 800x600 , 041.png )
959356

>Hang out near the abyss, maybe Echo can show you some cool stuff.
>Honestly? Pick a ship with a decent view. Gather up the crew. We can make this our starting point for peace.

Actually, there is one sunken passenger ship that landed near the Deep Dark. The front was impaled by a spire-shape rock, but since people kept hanging out around it, they built structures to hold the back and stabilize the ship to be horizontal and even built stairs for those that don't want to swim to it. Making it safer for anyone that refuses to stay away. Though making it less interesting as a result and less people hang out there now. Despite the initial upkeep, it was also not turned into a tourist trap, surely because of the rock going through it.

On the way there, I call Rosie and Riptide to hang out with us. I go over the situation with Mango and Shelly to make sure we're on the same page about the topic of the ongoing events. Mango seems to more or less agree that Rosie might not handle the situation well, but seem to think Riptide could know... maybe. She didn't commit to the idea.

We meet up with our friends. I did warn them that a Merfolk would be here, but emphasized she was nice. Along that, I also tell them about Echo being an Angler Fish of the Deep Dark.

Things are a tiny bit awkward though.

Rosie and Riptide are staring at Shelly, unsure what to make of her and Shelly seems to mostly be looking at Rosie in awe, making Rosie a tad uncomfortable. Mango and I could do or say something to relax the situation?

Riptide: "Wow, Finn... Stuff have been going on since last time?"

Echo: "Meeting cuties!"

Riptide: "Huh!?"
>>
No. 959357 ID: bb1d44

>>959356
Let's talk and swim up to the viewpoint. Let's break the ice, yeah? Let's not lay a little too heavily on Shelly. Answer questions on their behalf if you can.
>>
No. 959367 ID: 91ee5f

>>959356
Start with introductions! Echo and Shelly, meet Riptide and Rosie. Riptide and Rosie, meet Echo and Shelly.

Then let’s have everyone sit down and talk about our hobbies, favorite foods, tell jokes, etc. We’ve gotta try and get everyone to relax!
>>
No. 959750 ID: ea81d3
File 158524668642.png - (74.64KB , 800x600 , 042.png )
959750

>Start with introductions! Echo and Shelly, meet Riptide and Rosie. Riptide and Rosie, meet Echo and Shelly.

Finn: "Hey guys! Good to see you both!"

Riptide: "Uuuh... Oh, yeah Finn... Likewise."

Rosie: "Hi Finn."

Finn: "I'd like you both to meet some new friends here! Echo here is the Angler Fish I mentioned, coming straight from the Deep Dark! He's here to make friends!"

Echo: "I am! Cute friends!"

Riptide: "H-hi Echo. It's bonkers you're up here! Cool though, I mean."

Rosie simply waves with a small nervous smile.

Finn: "And this is Shelly! She is nice and gentle and also wants to make friends! Right?"

Shelly: "Yes!" She looks to the ground while doing a slight bow. "I hope we can be friends. I don't mean to bother or get in the way of anyone!"

There's a pause. Shelly hold her pose for a bit, but then slowly looks up when no one says anything. Once her stare meets with Riptide's and Rosie's again, she has a worried look. But then Riptide's furrowed brow finally relaxes for a similar worried one that Shelly has. He looks to me for a moment then back to Shelly with a friendlier expression.

Riptide: "Oh, huh. No worries! If you're nice than you have nothing to worry about with us!"

There's another pause, but this time, mostly of surprise. Riptide is the only one that seems to be at ease in this moment. Well, him and Echo. Until Shelly breaks a big smile of relief.

Shelly: "Thank you, thank you!"

Ok! Wasn't sure what to expect, but it seems like things might be starting to work out now. Still some to go, but progress is progress! For now, I note that Rosie still seems nervous, but she often is when other are around, and now there's 2 new people, so it would be worth it to check up on her later, preferably away from the others.

Finn: "And Echo, Shelly, this here is Riptide!"

Echo: "Hello!"

Shelly: "Hi!"

Riptide: "Yep, that's me! If Riptide is too long of a name, just call me Rip!"

Finn: "Mmmmh, nah. That's be too weird. And this here and Rosie!"

Shelly: "H-hi!"

Echo: "*gasp!* Rosie! We meet again! You are a big cute! Hello!" Rosie instantly blush at "big cute" but with a hint of discomfort.

Rosie: "Ohh... H-hi Echo, nice to meet you face to face! Sorry if I'm too big..."

Echo tilt his head sideways a bit.

Echo: "Too big?"

Rosie: "F-forget I said anything, I-i'm sorry!"

Echo continues to be confused but decides to move on. Rosie's blushing is becoming less and less subtle

Echo: "Well, I'm glad yo report that you still have a pretty voice!"

Shelly: "You really do have a pretty voice! I've never met anyone as tall and big as you are. Y-you're amazing!"

Rosie is red now. She looks away and tries to cover her face with one of her hands, but she can't hide her smile.

Rosie: "A-amaz-? I-I'm nothing- not amazing, I mean! I- hhhaaahh. You're voice is p-pretty too."

Shelly is a bit taken by surprised by the reaction.

Shelly: "Wh-? Oh, uhh, thank you!"

Rosie: "I'm sorry!"

Shelly: "What? Why? What happened?"

Mango: "Ok, Rosie. I wanna ask you something over here, come on."

Rosie: "ok"

Mango leads Rosie away some feet from the group, makes her kneel to be more at eye level, and start talking to her quietly. That can happen with new people around. But she'll recover.

Shelly: "Did I do something wrong?"

Finn: "Not exactly. Just... try to not mention her size, while also not complimenting her too rapidly."

Shelly: "... She doesn't like that? Huh. I truly am amazed to meet someone of her size though. Never have before. And she's great! And such a gentle voice!"

Echo: "'Cute' count as a compliment, doesn't it? Ahhh..."

Riptide: "It's complicated. Just- trust us on this. Compliment her, but only a little and never about her size."

Shelly: "Ok... I'm guessing she's not a hugger then?"

Finn: "...No?"

Shelly and Echo looks disappointed.
>>
No. 959751 ID: ea81d3
File 158524669166.png - (61.50KB , 800x600 , 043.png )
959751

>Let's talk and swim up to the viewpoint. Let's break the ice, yeah? Let's not lay a little too heavily on Shelly. Answer questions on their behalf if you can.

Finn: "Hey, you know that one boat near the Deep Dark? The one with a rock through it? We should go there!"

Riptide: "Yeah, sure!"

Everyone seems to agrees in their own ways and we start making our way to the boat.

While we start moving forward, I feel a tug on my arm and I turn to see it's Riptide, making me lag behind the group a little bit. He talks in a low voice.

Riptide: "Hey, real quick: you sure about this? I don't want to doubt you or anything, but you have to understand how sudden this is."

Finn: "I am and I do. She's a very nice Merfolk. Seems like she did get exposed to lies, but otherwise, she's a nice one."

Riptide: "... Sooo, you're sure that you're not just being controlled by her tits then?"

Finn: "Pff! R-riptide, what the hell dude!"

Riptide: "Just want to make sure! I know how you are with titties! I mean, Rosie's are bigger, but maybe you just want more of em?"

Finn: "Dude! Come on, you really give me this little credits?... I mean yeah titties are nice, but come on!"

Riptide: "Alright, alright." he give me a sly side smile. "But seriously, I just want to make sure, since... well you do seem sure that she's cool. I don't want this to be some sort of trick..."

Finn: "If it is, I'll make sure I'm the one that gets had by the ruse. She legitimately seem nice and she seems bothered by learning of the common lies around her. First time we met, she was surprised, but no anger or judgement was present."

Riptide: "Huh. Well I guess I could see it. There's so many Merfolk, why would they all be bad?... Alright, I'll trust her through you then."

Finn: "And I'm feeling no pressure!"

We pick up the pace to rejoin the group.

Finn: "So, anything up with you since yesterday?"

Riptide: "Well me and Mango hung out, that was kinda nice. But honestly we didn't do anything too out of the ordinary. We walked around town and watched a movie afterward. Then I went home and not done much since. You?"

Finn: "Me and Rosie went to the Deep Dark, which we happened to meet Echo at. He was in the process of climbing up, but had difficulties."

Riptide: "I can imagine... woah."

Finn: "Then we went to the nearby Midway to play some games. Won her a plush Megalodon!"

Riptide: "Dang dude, you guys had a real date. I gotta up my game... Heh! Is that where you met Shelly?"

Finn: "Nah that was after the date."

Riptide: "So what happened then? I just can't imagine you just came across a Merfolk and befriended her casually like this."

I'm still not sure if I should tell him a whole lot, especially since we're rejoining the group. Or I could tell a white lie. Omit some details. Like maybe Ammy is the one that introduced me to her? Riptide doesn't know Ammy enough so it could work for now. And some of that is technically true. I'd have to either come up a reason why or try to change the subject. Maybe I can tell him I'll elaborate later since I don't want to make him feel misguided later... What should I do?
>>
No. 959752 ID: b1b4f3

>>959751
Tell him it's a bit complicated, you want to tell the whole group once you're a bit more relaxed.
>>
No. 959771 ID: a9af05

>>959752
This
>>
No. 959822 ID: fa2754

>>959751
It's a complicated story that involves Ammy and we can talk in detail about it later. Maybe when we're all relaxed around each other.

Also try not to get hypnotized by the tiddy or booty, Rip.
>>
No. 959956 ID: 15a025

Agreeing here. Just say it's a little complicated and you'll explain it later on. Let's head out to that ship!
>>
No. 960675 ID: ea81d3
File 158594649617.png - (128.16KB , 800x600 , 044.png )
960675

>Tell him it's a bit complicated, you want to tell the whole group once you're a bit more relaxed.
>This
>It's a complicated story that involves Ammy and we can talk in detail about it later. Maybe when we're all relaxed around each other.
>Agreeing here. Just say it's a little complicated and you'll explain it later on. Let's head out to that ship!


Finn: "It's kind of complicated. Ammy is involved and all that. I'd rather try to explain to everyone not in the loop after everyone is more relaxed around each other."

Riptide: "... Well alright. It'll be hard to stifle my curiosity, but if you say so. Like wow, a merfolk... I wonder how the dudes look like."

I've seen a couple of guard that looked like dudes, but it might be best not to say anything since it would hint at more complicated.

Riptide: "Anyway, we should catch up with them!"

Finn: "Mmh? Oh yeah!"

We pick up the pace to walk with the rest of the group and after some minutes, we arrive at the boat! Things seems pretty quiet. Well... outside at least. Some of us climb up using the added stairs. While others, Shelly included, swims up to where the stairs leads to.
>>
No. 960676 ID: ea81d3
File 158594650024.png - (114.75KB , 800x600 , 045.png )
960676

Ok! We're on a passenger ship! Where should we go? I'm sure this ship has what you'd expect to find on this type of ship, just filled with water. I'm sure there's a pool, but that means nothing down here...
>>
No. 960686 ID: e7c7d3

See if there's any tennis courts. Or ping pong tables!
>>
No. 960687 ID: b1b4f3

So there are humans on the surface?
>>
No. 960690 ID: 91ee5f

>>960676
Let’s look around for any cool things that may have been left on the ship when it sunk!
>>
No. 960706 ID: fa2754

>>960676
The casino with the open bar! Not that you'll drink or gamble anything, but there should be plenty of seats to talk it out with everyone.
>>
No. 960770 ID: 15a025

Head to the captain's deck. Maybe there's some left over clothes or a hat you could throw on to get into the mood of things.
>>
No. 962060 ID: ea81d3
File 158697866091.png - (46.11KB , 800x600 , 046.png )
962060

>So there are humans on the surface?

No idea what those are, but the surface has regular surface people. Like dog people, cat people, bird people, reptilian people. Nothing out of the ordinary, I'd think.

>Head to the captain's deck. Maybe there's some left over clothes or a hat you could throw on to get into the mood of things.
>Let’s look around for any cool things that may have been left on the ship when it sunk!

Echo starts to excitably head a different way with Rosie and Mango who chooses to follow him. I quickly tell everyone to meet up in a bit in whatever recreational area the ship might have and Mango confirms they will. Shelly and Riptide sticks with me as we start heading to the captain's deck in search of cool things.

Shelly: "I've heard of these ships, but wow they are big! It's like a floating building! Well, I assume, since this one isn't..."

Riptide: "Oh yeah, I guess we're giving a split tour to you and Echo, huh."

Shelly: "You've been here before?"

Finn: "We both have! Not enough times to know this ship perfectly though. And it's been a little while."

Shelly: "... I barely know anything from outside the palace. And inside now that I think about it..."

With Riptide and Shelly here, I could bring up some topics to talk about to both or ask either of them a specific question.
>>
No. 962072 ID: 8b660e

>>962060
Are you sure splitting up the party is a good idea? If magic and all that is real then it stands to reason ghosts are too...
>>
No. 962075 ID: e7c7d3

Keep the conversation light. Maybe talk about some local sports?
>>
No. 962112 ID: fa2754

>>962060
Let's get some basic everyday questions out of the way. Like what a mermaid diet is like? How do sharks raise their young? You know, question for question. All the while snooping around some rooms for treasure
>>
No. 962312 ID: 864e49

Ask if she wants to get DPed by you and Rip.
>>
No. 962314 ID: 9876c4

Strip twister?
Ship twister?

Shtrip twist her.
>>
No. 962315 ID: a9af05

>>962060
Ask them both "What are the odds that we'll find something really cool around here?"

>>962312
>>962314
Could we please not do weird things around the new person?
>>
No. 963730 ID: 15a025

Begin the hunt for the captain's hat!
>>
No. 967384 ID: ea81d3
File 159008070839.png - (63.05KB , 800x600 , 047.png )
967384

>Are you sure splitting up the party is a good idea? If magic and all that is real then it stands to reason ghosts are too...

As I look into one of the dark rooms, I wonder about the chances of a ghost looking back... Or is it behind me!? Ah, nah. It's just Shelly and Riptide.

Actually, this might be something to ask Ammy about later, if I really think that's possible. Well, an option, not a requirement. While I definitely do think I can't be sure of everything anymore, getting paranoid over nothing is not something I want to start doing... Or make it an habit. At any rate, I have not heard of anyone encountering ghosts in one of these ships before. So maybe we're safe? At least until the walls starts bleeding.

I wonder if it would be a good idea to bring up ghosts after I tricked Shelly that way...

>Let's get some basic everyday questions out of the way. Like what a mermaid diet is like?

I ask her that!

Shelly: "Various dishes that contains mostly seaweed and sometimes certain types of small meats! We also have exports from the surface."

Finn: "From the surface? Wouldn't it just float all around?"

Shelly: "Yeah, but most rooms have a small box of air, like a smaller room in the ceiling, that also have a table hanging from the ceiling. That way we can eat surface food!"

Finn: "Huh!"

>All the while snooping around some rooms for treasure

I tried to up my snoopage while we walk by rooms, but I'm starting to think people got to get most of their valuables along with them. Whatever scraps that is left must have been ship property, like towels... I think some people might have taken the more valuable ship properties too, wow.

>Dialogue

Finn: "What are the odds that we'll find something really cool around here?"

Shelly: "What are you talking about?! Everything is cool here!"

Riptide: "As for actual objects, I dunno. It's possible others have been here and took the best stuff already."

Shelly: "Oh yeah?! What about that?!?" She quickly moves in front of one of the door to a room and points in, we both peak in and don't notice anything particular.

Riptide: "... Nothing?"

Shelly: "Something could have been there... Though I admit that these repeating rooms are getting kinda old."

Finn: "These ships are pretty big, that's why we're heading to a potentially more interesting spot. Those room are only meant for people to stay onboard comfortably."

Riptide: "Let's move onward then!"

Shelly: "Yes!"

I could probably talk about other things before we get there.

Art output is low lately and the topic that were not used were just cause I was not inspired to come up with world building answers. So for the sake of updating, this is more or less just to talk about other topics.
>>
No. 967392 ID: fa2754

>>967384
Yeah, let's start heading towards the helm. Though hearing there's trading with the surface world raises a question. Do they use the same language and writing system as us? Do any of the group read or understand them?
>>
No. 967396 ID: 9f00f4

Oh just FYI on the humans thing, it's a niche, academic term for a particular race of ape-people. There are ape-people on the surface, right?
>>
No. 967481 ID: 864e49

>>967384
Ask if she wants to get spit-roasted by you and Rip.
>>
No. 967596 ID: 2aa5f0

ask what shelly knows about the surface.
>>
No. 967621 ID: 36784c

>>967384
Ask Shelly what else she knows about the surface.

>>967481
No! That isn’t an appropriate thing to ask!
>>
No. 967630 ID: e05ad0

Ask about surface.
>>
No. 967656 ID: 15a025

Ask if she's ever been to the surface herself then? What kind of stuff's up there?
>>
No. 970981 ID: ea81d3
File 159346517641.png - (68.30KB , 800x600 , 048.png )
970981

>Yeah, let's start heading towards the helm. Though hearing there's trading with the surface world raises a question. Do they use the same language and writing system as us?

We do have a common way to communicate, yes.

>ask what shelly knows about the surface.
>Ask Shelly what else she knows about the surface.
>Ask about surface.
>ask what shelly knows about the surface.

Shelly: "I'm not really an expert on the matter. I mostly know about how a lot of the palace is themed like surface dwellings. We even have stairs."

Riptide: "In a merfolk building?"

Shelly: "Yep. purely for look."

Finn: "I did see weird things in a closet there."

Shelly: "But yeah. The palace is very surface styled, which includes the food when we can get the ingredients, or when we use sea ingredients and make them look like surface food, though that's mostly done by the more pompous residents of the palace. I'm sure Poseidon often does that since he's the one making everyone do that. But hey, some surface things are kinda cool. Like this boat! I'd know more about the surface, but that's not really a subject I retained much of in studies growing up."

>Ask if she's ever been to the surface herself then? What kind of stuff's up there?

Finn: "Have you ever been to the surface yourself, then?"

Shelly: "N-no... I have not really left the palace much..."

>There are ape-people on the surface, right?

I- Don't know? It rings a bell, I think, but I'm not sure.

Finn: "Shelly, have you heard of Ape-people. All this surface talk made that pop in my head."

Shelly pauses a bit to think on it.

Shelly: "... I think we talked about it in one of my classes growing up. Again, I don't remember everything, but I think it's a myth? Though some theorize it's not? I can't remember. But if I'm thinking of the right thing, there's no ape-people around right now."

Finn: "I guess I must have heard of them."

Riptide: "Wasn't there an episode of Sea Masters about it?"

Finn: "Maybe. I remember almost nothing from that show."

We all shrug simultaneously.
>>
No. 970982 ID: ea81d3
File 159346518137.png - (113.67KB , 800x600 , 049.png )
970982

We arrive at the Captain's Deck/Bridge/Helm! Riptide head to one of the windows to look out of them. Shelly stays by my side for now. From here, I'm not seeing much hat. So where should I look? It might be tucked in somewhere. I'd say the most obvious spot would be around the Captain's chair. While I look, I can also ask more to my friends.
>>
No. 970985 ID: b1b4f3

>>970982
Looks like you could open the bottom part of that console on the left.
>>
No. 970986 ID: e7c7d3

Any closets or lockers along the wall?
>>
No. 971053 ID: fa2754

>>970982
Did any ocean folks put up any sort of plaques in here describing how this ship went down? Tourist attraction and all.. look around for the captain's cabin I feel like it's nearby here.
>>
No. 971086 ID: 5f4030

It’s a bit of a stretch but hey you guys have electronics that work underwater, do any of the controls for the ship look like they might still work?
>>
No. 971973 ID: 15a025

Mess around with the computers. Maybe they're still somehow getting power to turn on?
>>
No. 974232 ID: ea81d3
File 159699328981.png - (23.23KB , 800x600 , 050.png )
974232

>Did any ocean folks put up any sort of plaques in here describing how this ship went down? Tourist attraction and all.

This ship didn't get taken over like the others. It was just made safer once they realized people were going there anyway.

>Looks like you could open the bottom part of that console on the left.
>Any closets or lockers along the wall?

I look along the wall and I'm not really noticing any opening within the pattern. Shelly sticks close.

Shelly: "What are you looking for?"

Finn: "Uhh, just a sec..."

I then look around the consoles to see if anything opens, It does look like the panel could be removed, but only if I had the proper screwdriver. I'm guessing it's only to get into the inner working of this machine.

I head to the central chair which I assume would be the captain's chair. Shelly follows. I sit down in it to get a better sense of what I can see from that perspective. I'm not immediately sure where I could find a hat, but I currently am hat-less. I sigh in defeat.

Shelly: "Why are you so down?! You're the captain!"

Finn: "It's not that great, I have to go down with the ship!"

Shelly: "And you can't drown!"

Finn: "Fair point. Really though, I was hoping to find a captain hat."

Shelly: "... Oh I think I remember something. If you stick your hand over there, can you find a lever?"

She points within the chair to the side of the seat. I feel around and find a hidden lever.

Shelly: "Pull that, and hold it, then spin the chair around 3 times!"

I look at her with a raised eye brown. Is she messing with me?

Finn: "Are we in a video game?"

Shelly: "Just do it!"

I pull the lever and slowly start to rotate the chair waiting on Shelly to laugh and call me an idiot. But seeing that I'm going slow, she moves close in front of me, holds both arm rests and start using her tail to swim us around in a circle. After the third rotation, a loud click is heard. She keeps the chair spinning just enough so that I face the back wall, which opens up a secret compartment within the patterns. Inside, 5 Captain Hats hangs neatly in a row.

Shelly: "Tadaaaa! Emergency hat replacements!"

Riptide: "Woah, what did you guys do?"

Finn: "Shelly found a secret hat stash!"

Shelly: "That's one of the goofier things we learned that I remembered I guess."

She gives us a pleasant smile.
>>
No. 974241 ID: 5dce20

>>974232
Drop em’ our let me see them tiddies, gon’ take a look at them tig ol’ bitties, areolas lookin’ nice nipples looking real pretty, c’mon let me gander at your bo- NO NO NO.

Sorry, so what’s in the stash you guys found? Anything cool or interesting? Maybe that captain hat we want.
>>
No. 974242 ID: 5413b0

Hey, looks like we found booty! And titties! (don't say that part aloud)
Where did you learn that, Shelly? And why?
>>
No. 974243 ID: 5413b0

Oh, you know what would be fun? Sing shanties.
We are in a ship after all, so it's fitting.
>>
No. 974247 ID: cdabe3

>>974241
>:3

>>974243
This is a great idea!
>>
No. 974251 ID: 5dce20

Ohh! My time to shine! Something easy for everyone to sing along with easy... I got it!

Now we ready to sail for the horn!
Way-hey roll and go!
Our boots and our clothes, boys, are all in the pawn
To me, rollicking randy dandy-o!

Heave a pawl, and heave away!
Way hey, roll and go!
The anchor's on board and the cables all stored
To me rollicking randy dandy-o!
>>
No. 974258 ID: 5413b0

>>974251
Yeah, there we go!

Soon we'll be warping her out
Through the locks,
Weigh hey, roll and go!
Where the pretty young girls
All come down in their frocks
To be rollicking Randy Dandy-O!

Heave a pawl, o heave away!
Weigh hey, roll and go!
The anchor's on board
And the cable's all stored
To be rollicking Randy Dandy-O!
>>
No. 974272 ID: fa2754

>>974232
Congratulations everyone, this ship now has a council of captains. Don your hats to start making captain decisions! Be sure to thank Captain Shelly for her resourcefulness in those trying, hatless times. Perhaps this council can celebrate with drinks! However that works down here.
>>
No. 974273 ID: fa2754

>>974243
An amusing idea, unfortunately the only ones that come to mind are sad ones and we're just not at that point of the night yet.
>>
No. 974281 ID: a9af05

>>974232
Don't stare at her boobs! And don't flirt with her! It wouldn't be fair for your three shark friends if you suddenly decided to bring in Shelly for your friend dating thing you were doing before all of this stuff got in the way! Especially since you still haven't gone out with two of your friends yet!
>>
No. 974286 ID: 5413b0

>>974273
No those are for later... or another day entirely.
>>
No. 974559 ID: 15a025

Equip captain's hat.
>>
No. 978314 ID: ea81d3
File 160244780413.png - (60.12KB , 800x600 , 051 Thread End.png )
978314

Thread End.

This year has been real not great, which resulted in my mind preventing me from doing anything art related for months. After I finally managed to get myself drawing, writing has continued to be insurmountable to me. That's not really surprising since I always had a harder time doing the writing portion of quests. But right now, I've been trying to get to a point where I kinda have nothing on my plate to do to kinda "reset" while I continue to get my mind in a better place. So I find myself in a place where I don't really want to run any quests at the moment. My original plan was to find a natural spot to end the thread, leaving the option to continue later, but trying to get the recent update written has been near impossible since I can never figure out what I want to do, what is the right thing to do, what is fun. I end up just closing the script file feeling like I could just do anything else instead.

So instead of driving Shark Quest more into the ground or leaving it to die, I decide to just kinda "save it" from the graveyard and just end the thread here. If/Once I come back, I'll pick it right where it left off using the latest suggestions and it'll be more of a direct 2/2 to this thread. But yeah, for now, I just rather stop this here on my own accord for now.

Thank you for reading Shark Quest this far.



Delete post []
Password