[Burichan] [Futaba] [Nice] [Pony]  -  [WT]  [Home] [Manage]

Report completed threads!

[Catalog View] :: [Archive] :: [Graveyard] :: [Rules] :: [Discussions] :: [Wiki] :: [Discord]

[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]
Posting mode: Reply
Name (optional)
Email (optional, will be displayed)
Subject    (optional, usually best left blank)
Message
File []
Embed (advanced)   Help
Password  (for deleting posts, automatically generated)
  • How to format text
  • Supported file types are: GIF, JPG, MP3, MP4, PNG, SWF, WEBM
  • Maximum file size allowed is 25600 KB.
  • Images greater than 250x250 pixels will be thumbnailed.

File 171393897216.png - (208.16KB , 329x327 , hundredkingdomsthousandmiles.png )
1089578 No. 1089578 ID: 521475

Despite some of you being complete strangers, you've all been seated together at a restaurant in Nexus, due to the law against dining alone after sundown. Some guy tried to sell you a memory crystal containing a treasure map.
A pretty lady at another table (who turned out to be dragon-blooded) bought him a drink (which turned out to contain yozi venom) and then, while he was dying, grabbed the crystal and ran off. Might want to be out of town before her employer realizes that one of you actually managed to boot it up first, and got a pretty good look at the map.
Site's over a thousand miles away, but most of that would be river travel, and there's an underground manse, so it should be easy enough to zero in on with geomantic surveying tools even if the map, or your memory or navigational skills, end up a few miles off-target.
If somebody's willing to pay for yozi venom (which is not cheap!) to cover it up, gotta be something seriously valuable out there.

Destination is ~800 mi southeast of Nexus as the crow flies, and half that far north-northeast of the ruins of Denandsor, right in the middle of rocky uplands between the headwaters of the Rolling River and a minor tributary of the Grey River.
So, you could take a more direct route up the Grey, but then face a longer trek overland,
or start by going up the Yellow past Great Forks and then turn south along the Rolling.
Or try something more complicated, to take advantage of esoteric travel options and/or throw off potential pursuit.

Houserule hub: https://docs.google.com/document/d/10VAUEYEqWYWcQ9gz4bk9uok8OkAIYl1cy50KEw2y75o
160 posts omitted. Last 50 shown. Expand all images
>>
No. 1091521 ID: 7ce054

rolled 4, 4, 6, 2, 7, 8, 3, 9, 4, 8, 10 = 65

>>1091511
"I see, thank you for the clarification." Caityln then approaches the one who had told the tale of the fey "While we are taking a moment to explore the truth, why dont we discuss why you were waiting for Fleegman to return to his home? Please seize this opportunity for redemption as I abhor violence."

=======[ OOC ]=======

Charisma 3 + Presence 0 + Stone of Humble Glory 5
Channel Compassion +5 Successes
Appearance 5
-1 WP
-1 Compassion Channel
>>
No. 1091531 ID: cfc7cc

>>1091513
Treatment successful, despite some unexpected challenges. A less astute alchemist would likely have seen the potion spoiled by contamination from Nexus's miasma.
>Could potentially add a cooperation die or or two if anyone with dots in Occult wants to assist in an hour of potion making.
They'd need to know the specific procedure to be able to help, though not necessarily the full corresponding degree.
>>
No. 1091563 ID: 43fe43

rolled 2, 10, 6, 5, 2, 1, 10, 6, 10, 9, 1, 7, 2, 6, 5, 4, 9, 3, 8, 1, 6, 5, 3, 2, 10, 10, 3, 5, 8, 2, 3, 5, 6, 2, 5, 7, 3, 7, 1, 5, 3, 6, 8, 7, 10, 1, 6, 7, 8, 5 = 266

Champion is going to take a simple route to preparing for the oncoming voyage. Much as she stated she was going to do in >>1089693 she is going to pursue looking for a big enough ship for the party to steal in order to take care of 150 people, and the far simpler problem of food and drink she's going to handle by just waiting until she no longer is obviously a dragon, and just walking up to a prepared pile of food barrels and water that aren't quite being loaded yet, and hefting a barrel over each shoulder, food on the left water on the right, and walking off like she owned the place.

Just walking around with stolen barrels in hand, she was going to find the tallest building she could climb, and go looking out at the horizon in order to make sure that the weather was going to be good in the south by south east direction.
>>
No. 1091565 ID: c1fc91

Kisara then stepped in next to the goon.
“Look. We won’t kill you. We promise. But you’re not coming out of this without giving something up. So, since I’m the ruling authority in this place, under the rules of my people, you owe us a life-debt. Me and my friend here.”
She gestured to Cold.
“So, you work for us, and everything’s okay. Deal?”
>>
No. 1091603 ID: 3c020a

rolled 5, 10, 10, 7, 9, 7, 4, 7, 6, 7, 8, 7, 2, 3, 6 = 98

Cold Blooded in the Blaze of the Sun puts down his three crates, pushing them into place like they were light cartons & not the thick, weathered wooden crates they were & nods meaningfully at Kisara's words, the hilt of his large sword looming ominously over his shoulder

"I think you understand how we are better friends than opponents"

《OoC Cha + Presence to Influence them, +10 dice for binus/stunts/modifiers》
>>
No. 1091617 ID: aa29a7

Cold crosses his arms

"You understand that at my great personal restraint, you three are here, alive & mostly well. Ergo, you each owe me a great boon, as do I owe our alchemically inclined medic here for her gift to me."

He puts his hands upon his hips as he turns to face Spinel, giving a deep nod in appreciation, before returning a stern gaze to the three

"Do as Kisara commands..." He nods in the direction of Kisara to clearly identify of whom he is referring to "& your debt to me will be squared, as I will entreat Spinel to offer her terms for negating my debt to her"
>>
No. 1091618 ID: 7ce054

>>1091617
Caitlyn gently pulls Cold to the side and speaks softly

"Are you certain this is a good idea? We don't know this individual's situation. They may not be trustworthy at all, or if they are then they may have children depending on them. We should learn more of their situation before any proclamations, dont you think?"
>>
No. 1091619 ID: aa29a7

His granite eyes open wide with realisation as he hurriedly turns for hushed whispers to Caitlyn

"You may well be right? But it isn't unknown for one to claim they have dependents to lessen their obligation to others. What do you recommend? I am of the mind that while they are with us, it is harder for them to pass information back to their original employer"
>>
No. 1091620 ID: 7ce054

>>1091619
"I am not certain. Let us ask them of their situation an employer. We will either have a better understanding of their commitments, or if they have an unreliable character. I worry about taking such an individual into the field."
>>
No. 1091669 ID: cfc7cc

>>1091521
Ten successes against MDV 0. Last thing he remembers, he was laying in the street, face-down in a puddle of his own blood, then there was a bright light and he was floating through the air above the rooftops. Most of the pain is gone now, and he's on a clean, soft bed, surrounded by wolves who walk like men, while a beautiful, terrible, golden angel commands him to confess his sins and repent.

Not quite what he was expecting from the afterlife, but then again it's not like he was some pious scholar. Surprises happen.

He starts spilling as much of his life story as he can remember, with particular emphasis on anything memorably meritorious (small kindnesses to monks or orphans, defending his friends through thick and thin, sporadically attending immaculate services, a few imperfectly-recalled sutras) or shameful (mostly drugs, opportunistic violence, clandestine affair with his buddy's girlfriend's mother-in-law) under the apparent impression that leaving anything significant out might get him torn apart by those celestial beastmen, then reincarnated as some sort of fish.

As for Fleegman's apartment, well, guy who lives there stole something from his dealer's boss. Might've been a reward if they got it back, or captured the guy in order to make an example of him.
>>
No. 1091937 ID: 094811

Kisara was just talking to the guy himself, listening to what he has to say.
“Well….we’ll try to make things okay for you. Just two things. You follow our rules. And my orders. I’m in charge. Okay? Name’s Kisara.”
>>
No. 1091939 ID: 094811

“Well….if you don’t mind, people….I’m gonna change.”
And with that, without even looking away from everyone, Kisara just waves her hand around, her white and cyan kimono suddenly turning…almost liquid in nature, becoming this mass of flowing silver, flowing, changing, until it become a much more practical looking outfit. Her skirt had turned to white shorts, her sleeves had turned to these white gloves or arm wraps of sorts, going from her hand to her elbow, and the rest had turned into a white and cyan top that didn’t exactly go down to her waist, but covered the rest rather well.
>>
No. 1091940 ID: e5fb2d

Taitapet, eager to prove himself to his new allies that are still understandably cautious around him, gives his aid to their navigations wherever he can. He's moderately skilled in the area, significantly more of an outdoorsman than they might expect a Dynast attendee of The Spiral Academy to be. His insight is useful, stirring the thoughts of his (admittedly more capable) allies, an extra line of defense that any mistakes would have to get past.
>>
No. 1091941 ID: ee10ae

Thousand Maws gives Kisara a little look. "I do believe I'm the one paying for all of these supplies - and the boats. As an expedition, without me, who started organizing for it, it would fall apart. I'm the one in charge, though I make it a point to not be restrictive with my peers - after all, it's better if I do not need to supervise everything, and have people I can trust to handle things they are good at themselves." She corrects her.

"Since I am a merchant more than anything, this means that when it comes to areas of controlling these people and directing things like battle, I will be relying upon you, and will not interfere in your judgment. Does that sound agreeable?"


Of course, her eyes linger a bit upon the lunar's body when she changes clothes without caring. Thousand Maws doesn't seem very hard to sway to her, perhaps by her own intent.
>>
No. 1091942 ID: 094811

“Eh, point. Alright, just don’t start telling my people what to do, and we’re fine.”
She just smiles at Thousand Maws, her ears pricking up in happiness….either she’s really naive to be this friendly with someone she just met earlier today, shared interests or not, or she’s just that outgoing….probably the latter, all things considered.
>>
No. 1091943 ID: e5fb2d

Taitapet, meanwhile, barely even notices Kisara's flash of nakedness. It'll take more than that to catch the attention of the average Dynast, let alone one of House Cynis.
>>
No. 1091944 ID: ee10ae

rolled 5, 2, 6, 5, 6, 9, 5, 7, 6, 4, 5, 3, 4, 2, 3, 6, 5, 5, 8, 7 = 103

"Only if absolutely necessary." Maws concedes, more than willing to cede her that ground. The smile is returned as well, though hers has some very sharp, almost sharklike teeth to go with it.

"Now, about the map..." Her instincts are quite good, but when it comes to navigation, Ten Thousand Maws is best at using her head. The time of day and the precise time they've been traveling, the general speed they move, and more, go into her calculations to allow her to track down the directions they should be taking as they head towards the location that had been marked-
-and most importantly, all this thinking is brought about by a serious sense of Purpose. She *Wants* this; it doesn't matter what it is, though it's almost certainly valuable. The fact that someone went through such effort to try and refuse it to her makes her want it even if the value was only sentimental. This absolute *drive* to snatch it up, as fast as she can, to take it from those who also wanted it, and *Have* it, even if she didn't need it, kept her alert and attentive to the slightest details of the journey.
>>
No. 1091945 ID: cfc7cc

rolled 8, 2, 4, 1, 5, 5, 4, 9, 7, 10, 10, 4, 7, 2, 2 = 80

Ten Thousand Maws glimpses a white stag, reassuringly (?) reminiscent of her Coadjutor. It directs her, and by extension the whole stormwind-borne group, toward an oversized hedge maze of glossy black thorns.
>>
No. 1091946 ID: cfc7cc

Eight successes to two is a loss by six, so the stormwind-rider group suffers two wilderness mishaps before midday. Options include:
- damage from a high-speed collision with the thorns
- can't find the maze exit, need to stop for lunch, unpack the surveying tools and/or demolish a wall
- opposition gets a good look at you, starts learning details about what you're capable of
>>
No. 1091947 ID: e5fb2d

"To be clear. For the record. For any listening. I was opposed to following the 'good omen'."
>>
No. 1091949 ID: cfc7cc

>>1090679
>10x foxmen tent w/ two sets of group basics - shelter and food-prep for 14 people each
One of these bundles was snagged against a thorny obstacle and lost somewhere in the maze, reducing the count to 9x.

At the center of the maze you find... an empty sinkhole, half an acre wide and twenty yards deep. Too high for Stormwind Rider alone to jump over, too many sharp bits to safely climb, and the way you came in seems to have already closed up.

You're still hundreds of miles away from the destination. How are you going to get out? Mundane brute-force approach would be to unpack picks and shovels, roll Craft (Earth) to dig a ramp. Charms, sorcery, and cleverness may provide other possibilities.
>>
No. 1091986 ID: 0b12aa

>>1091946
Woe lays on the stormwind rider cloud, yawning and looking over the side.

"This thing takes all the excitement outta traveling..." She winks. "I see the appeal."
>>
No. 1091988 ID: 0e6df4

rolled 3, 10, 10, 5, 6, 10, 6, 4, 5, 8, 3, 10, 1, 4, 6, 6, 10, 3, 5, 3, 9, 5, 2, 6, 3, 7, 10, 5, 6, 3, 6, 9, 3, 3, 3, 3, 8, 9, 4, 8, 2, 1, 1, 4, 4, 4, 2, 4, 6, 2 = 260

>>1091939
>shorts
The southern healer grumbles something about northerners never seeming to dress warmly enough for the climate.

>>1091949
>One of these bundles was snagged against a thorny obstacle and lost somewhere in the maze, reducing the count to 9x.
While the other address the issue of the sinkhole, Spinel opts to send her familiar scouting, to see if she can relocate the misplaced supplies before the group moves on. A small metal bird emerging from within her robes is met by an affectionate smile (perhaps the first her new companions have seen) before it takes flight and quickly disappears in the thorny expanse.

Transferring 10m personal to the automaton's pools, which then establishes stealth and begins scouting around for the missing bundle (or anything else of note nearby). (Dexterity 5 + Stealth 5) for Stealth, I'd guess the (Hiding +3) applies to something like lying in wait vs moving around, possibly Perception 4, Awareness 3 (While Undetected +3) and/or Survival 1 (Tracking +3) relevant for the search.
>>
No. 1092009 ID: aa29a7

As the gusts of wind die down, Cold Blooded in the Blaze of the Sun steps out to take a look at the Sink Hole, judging how hard it would be to leap it by himself. He then looks to the thorny brambles that have barred their way

"Anyone good for us to spend some time chopping down some trees? We can either try & smash a path around the sink hole, or use the materials to build somekind of ramp or bridge"
>>
No. 1092023 ID: 7ce054

Caitlyn silently watched the discussion of leadership with distant interest. It didnt matter who paid for what, or brought what to which table - the real leader of the group would become apparant in due time and ownership wouldnt be the basis.

As they came across the hedge Caitlyn took a moment to inspect it more carefully - something seemed to be rather unnatural about it.

ooc: Int 2 + occult 4
>>
No. 1092024 ID: 7ce054

rolled 1, 4, 1, 4, 8, 2, 5, 7, 5, 4 = 41

ooc: corrected dice syntax for occult action above
>>
No. 1092028 ID: cfc7cc

>>1092023
>rolled 1, 4, 1, 4, 8, 2, 5
Sinkhole itself and most of the surrounding vegetation looks normal enough, but the way those black spikes catch the sunlight isn't. Some minor demon deliberately positioned them as enhancements to a trap. Can't quite remember the specific species of demon it would have to have been, though... like it's stuck on the tip of your tongue. Some type of beetle? No, that's not right.
>>
No. 1092080 ID: efdd74

Seeing Caitlyn approach the thorny brambles, Cold Blooded in the Blaze of the Sun moves to her side, to share his observations

"Caitlyn, what you say about these brambles & thorns? I am unconvinced they are of natural origin, but whether they are from some mythical creatures, such as the Firmin or some Wyld ywosted barbarians, I just don't know... Coukt it be natural? I do not recall ever travelling this way before, maybe it does have a small region of fast growing plants? Sadly, my Dynastic education was sparse on the details of Eastward foliage."
>>
No. 1092081 ID: efdd74

(Adding a Teamwork bonus to the Academic Knowledge / Obscurity roll)
>>
No. 1092085 ID: cfc7cc

With that prompting, and some further back-and-forth discussion, Caitlyn and Cold soon recall pretty much everything there is to know about Firmin, the Needlemakers. The species' full description in Books of Sorcery 5 can be considered in-character knowledge, along with various other trivia.

Notably, firmin resin is sturdy enough to make weapons out of (which is probably the main reason sorcerers summon them), and can even be molded into armor, but is extremely difficult to repair or otherwise reshape after it solidifies. Flames hot enough to melt iron barely soften it.

If you just want to destroy the stuff, though, there's an apprentice-level alchemy procedure: moonlight focused through a magnifying lens, onto a splinter of orichalcum acting as a wick, will start it burning as easily as candle-wax, with a bizarre purplish flame that rises bright in the cold and damp, but gutters low and gives off unpleasant smoke when conditions are warm and dry. Injuries it causes resemble frostbite or acid more than conventional charring. Such flame almost never spreads to natural wood.
>>
No. 1092302 ID: 0c3640

>>1092085
"Heheh, unlucky demons. So, are we killing them, or killing them AND making stuff out of their bodies?"
>>
No. 1092346 ID: cfc7cc

>>1091988
>rolled 3, 10, 10, 5, 6, 10, 6, 4
Palm-sized automaton slips through spiky hedges easily enough, and manages to locate the lost crate of supplies. Unfortunately, said crate hit something very solid and/or sharp at 100mph, apparently without the Stormwind Rider spell's usual cushioning. What used to be inside is widely scattered, and in poor enough shape that it's probably not worth the effort to retrieve.
Could possibly use the kingfisher to carry fragments back one at a time and reassemble them, if one of the team's sorcerers knows the Incantation of Effective Restoration? Sort of silly, given that there's still enough to go around, and none of the stuff in that crate was especially expensive.
>>
No. 1092408 ID: 0e6df4

>>1092346
>Could possibly use the kingfisher to carry fragments back one at a time and reassemble them
If she were feeling particularly whimsical, she supposes her familiar could gather fabric for a nest.

"The lost crate isn't recoverable" Spinel announces as her metallic kingfisher returns to her shoulder, earning an affectionate pat on its head.

>sinkhole
"Was... someone going to put our labor force to work?" the healer asks, unsure at her companions' hesitation. "This seems like an obstacle readily solved with hands and shovels. Unless you happen to know Raising the Earth's Bones as well, Cold?"
>>
No. 1092466 ID: 094811

rolled 4, 10, 9, 10, 2, 1, 1, 6, 3, 9, 10, 1, 7, 2, 1, 2, 1, 8, 7, 3, 3, 8, 8, 1, 2, 5, 3, 3, 5, 9, 4, 6, 4, 6, 10, 7, 3, 5, 9, 3, 10, 1, 8, 2, 9, 3, 1, 5, 6, 7 = 253

Kisara looked around them, then looked towards her beastmen. And as she looked around at her people, her mind went back. Far, far back, to a time before Luna. A time before travels. A time when she was just a little girl, in a wandering tribe of beastmen. She thought of the memories she’s shared with all of these people. The times she’s played, frolicking in the dirt and grass, her tribe-mates chasing her through trees and mud. She tried to remember who was good at this sort of thing. Who was the best diggers, among all these beastmen that had followed her. She knew her family. So now all she had to remember was what they were best at.
>>
No. 1092467 ID: 094811

For the record, rolling for appearance plus…something, with an attempt at a stunt to remember who was good at digging and such among my followers.
>>
No. 1092476 ID: 7ce054

>>1092085
Caitlyn looks to her long time companion Cold. "With the right materials we could set all of these thorns to burn. It would probably be a nasty affair we would want to back away from, but should do the trick. It doesnt matter though, I dont have a lab with me."
>>
No. 1092490 ID: cfc7cc

>>1092466
>rolled 4, 10, 9, 10, 2
A few have one or two dots in Craft (Earth) - eager diggers from childhood, followed up with occasional day-labor hauling stones or shaping bricks during the tribe's time in Nexus. Could have them try carving a ramp, but they know enough to understand the potential risks of undermining an overhang with incomplete knowledge of the geology involved. Worst-case, if the walls collapsed, sliding debris might sweep across the entire floor of the pit, leaving no safe place to retreat to.

"Hello? Is someone down there?"
A voice from just outside the sinkhole, figure peering through the hedge - human, middle-aged, accent from somewhere a little ways north of Great Forks.
"I saw... or thought I saw, a tiny jeweled bird, carrying a soup-ladle much larger than itself, and followed it here in hopes it was an omen of some spirit's generous hospitality. My name is Jacques Lyle la'Rue."
You've heard that name before - famed throughout the Hundred Kingdoms as a designer of temples, palaces, dams, and bridges. In mechanical terms, Craft (Earth) 5.

Over the course of further conversation it comes out that his most recent patron took a competing bid from someone who turned out to be an agent of the Walker in Darkness. The resulting design, while impeccable in terms of physical solidity and superficial aesthetic appeal, had terrible geomantic consequences which seemed particularly inclined to extend along paved roadways. Mr. la'Rue barely managed to flee before the screaming started, and hasn't had a decent meal in days.
>>
No. 1092554 ID: 1f1d9a

Cold turns to Spinel, hands outstretched in an apology.

"Forgive me Spinel, I am but a mere dabbler of many arts, the Occult being just one of them. Sadly, I am untrained in the use of that spell, having barely passed the rites of the Terrestrial Circle. No great Magi am I. But if goven time & access to your patience, I may be able to learn it eventually."

He looks to the voice above, recognising the famed Architect by sight. He answers in his own heavily accented Riverspeak

"Hark, is that the famed architect Lyle La'rue? Your name echoes greatly, beyond the Hundred Kingdoms domain & into the Threshold true. It is an honour to meet you."

"I am known by the moniker 'Cold Blooded in the Blaze of the Sun', a mere trader of curios & dabbler in history. But my companions & I have befallen a trap of demonic design. These spike are more dangerous than they at first appear! I, for one, would greatly appreciate your wise mind being directed at assisting our escape."
>>
No. 1092559 ID: 1f1d9a

rolled 5, 9, 7, 4, 8, 5, 10, 8, 2, 3, 4, 9, 7, 4 = 85

(OoC rroll Charisma + Presence + 10 what if's dice flto convice assistance from Lyle la'Rue)
>>
No. 1092564 ID: cfc7cc

"Why certainly, I'd be glad to lend my expertise - if you can give me your word you are not, yourselves, agents of the Walker in Darkness, that is. Initial assessment of the problem in exchange for lunch, perhaps, and then we can discuss whether fixed-fee, or shares in your endeavor's profits, would be a more appropriate payment structure?"
>>
No. 1092566 ID: 1f1d9a

rolled 3, 9, 8, 9, 10, 4, 8, 3, 7, 8, 9, 2, 7, 1 = 88

(OoC roll Intelligence + Lore + 10 What if's dice for Cold to recall any info about Walker in Darkness
>>
No. 1092580 ID: ee10ae

>>1092564
Ten Thousand Maws gives her best professional smile, though it shows some teeth. "Oh don't worry. I am Thousand Maws - you may have heard of my trading company. A simple architectural issue like this is not a particular problem in terms of *Payment*...
>>
No. 1092588 ID: 7ce054

rolled 6, 3, 7, 4, 1, 10, 2, 2, 8, 8, 10, 7, 4, 9, 4 = 85

>>1092564

OOC: Cha 3 + Performance 3 + Stone of Humble Glory 5 | appearance 9

Caitlyn pulls a frosty cold beer from beneath her cloak and sharply opens it with a slight hiss before taking a long sensuous sip from it, letting the light of the sun glimmer off her gleaming figure while making a show of being deeply refreshed.
"It sure is hot out here. Would anyone else like a cold beer?" She asked, inviting all those nearby to gather around her, particularly one Lyle La'rue.
>>
No. 1092593 ID: 37a599

>>1092588
Woe will take a beer, and watch events unfold between the others.
>>
No. 1092594 ID: 094811

Kisara also takes one, smiling.
“Thanks Caitlyn!”
She suddenly just hugs her, still smiling.
>>
No. 1092603 ID: aa29a7

Cold signals for two of the large Wolfmen to assist as he grabs a cold drink from Caitlyn. With a deep draught he swallows it all before grabbing one of his trunks & hoist it over his shoulder

"Thanks for the drink Caitlyn, I am going topside to meet our celebrity crafter"

Cold then nods to the two large Wolfmen & lightly steps upon their open hands or them to give him a great heave upwards. Harnessing the power of his Exaltation, Cold feels the power surge to his limbs as he makes a mighty leap upward, clearing the pit & landing at the edge of the sinkhole. He puts his crate down & looks at Lyle la'Rue

"Well met! How fortunate you were wandering through this maze of thorns! How can we help each other?"

[OoC Cold activates leaps Strength + Athletics + Leaping specialty + 2 from assist x2 from Monkey Leap = 20]
>>
No. 1092645 ID: 0e6df4

rolled 5, 7, 3, 3, 5, 4, 1, 5, 4, 10, 2, 1, 1, 6, 4, 8, 4, 6, 7, 10, 7, 10, 5, 3, 2, 9, 5, 7, 9, 6 = 159

>>1092554
Spinel blinks. "No need to apologize for my own ignorance; you can hardly be expected to have every spell at your disposal."

>>1092564
>if you can give me your word you are not, yourselves, agents of the Walker in Darkness
"I give my word that we do not serve any Deathlord."
>>
No. 1092903 ID: cfc7cc

rolled 3, 10, 5, 3, 9, 8, 1, 9 = 48

Rolling Craft (Earth) for the ramp construction
>>
No. 1092904 ID: cfc7cc

rolled 2, 6, 4, 10, 2, 10, 5, 10, 8, 5, 8, 10 = 80

Ramp construction proceeds as smoothly as it plausibly could have, and you're back out of the sinkhole barely two hours after first falling in. Architect and meager remaining possessions weigh less than the lost cargo, so he's easy enough to bring along. You're still four hundred miles or so from "x marks the spot," but might be able to make it there before sundown if nothing else goes wrong.

Of course, there's also abundant reason to believe someone is actively encouraging things to go wrong for you, so it's time to roll for the next 5-hour interval of the navigation / tracking contest.
>>
No. 1092955 ID: aa6a72

(Hey, if anyone’s wondering where I’ve been, my discord account got hacked. So, I’m not done with this. Just can’t get to discord for a while.)
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [Last 100 posts]

Delete post []
Password  
Report post
Reason